Text Size

The Gamblers Den

All-Star Saturday

This is the place to discuss sports handicapping, poker, and other forms of gambling.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, leadpipe

All-Star Saturday

Unread postby Guest » Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:09 pm

I will take all wagers from here

3pt shootout:

Chauncey Billups (Pistons) 7-2 Dirk Nowitzki (Mavs) 7-2 Gilbert Arenas (Wizards) 5-1 Jason Terry (Mavs) 3-1 Quentin Richardson (Knicks) 5-1 Ray Allen (Sonics) 5-2

Dunk contest

Andre Iguodala (76ers) 2-1 Hakim Warrick (Grizzlies) 5-2 Josh Smith (Hawks) 2-1 Nate Robinson (Knicks) 8-5

All wagers must be posted by 9pm

Good luck

Unread postby swerb » Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:17 pm

Gimme $5 on Arenas at 5-1 and gimme $5 on Iguodala at 2-1.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Guest » Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:41 pm

Done

Unread postby swerb » Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:53 am

That was absolute horse shit last night.

First Nowitzki nails his last money ball about a second after the buzzer to advance to the finals, then he ends up winning it.

And the dunk contest was a farce. Kenny Smith preaching all night about how the Dunk Contest "is back", then he and the other judges make a mockery of it by adjusting their scores so the little squirt Nate Robinson can win.

For those that didn't see it, it was everything that has made the dunk contest a joke. None of the big stars participating, missed dunk after missed dunk, and the voting was a total sham.

Robinson missed 14 attempts before making his final dunk, which wasn't even that impressive. Dude is so short he can barely dunk. He finally lands it, and it sucked. Kenny Smith starts going crazy, like it was actually a good dunk.

Smith then talks (on camera) all the other judges into giving him a 50. Crowd boos. Iguodala now needs a 45 to win it. He pulls off a great dunk, definitely 45 worthy. Smith, knowing one or two 8's makes Robinson a winner, gives him an 8 and basically talks one of the other judges into doing so.

Crowd starts booing. Barkley calls out Kenny Smith for being the joke that he is. Booing continues loudly through the winner interview.

Amazing.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Guest » Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:37 am

I had Dirk so I was pumped

As far as the dunk contest goes, I agree 200%
The dunk Robinson did was pretty good even though it took 100 tries
He didnt deserve to win however

If Lebron would have won the skills competition, I would have had a very nice night.

Return to The Gamblers Den