Text Size

Eat, Drink, & Be Merry

What kind of beer you been drinkin' lately?

Discuss good eats, beverages, recipes, restaraunts, bars and other food and drink related topics in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mswerb

Unread postby bowl » Mon May 05, 2008 8:20 pm

Moon Dog
bowl
Road Trip Guru

Favorite Player: Shin Soo Choo
Least Favorite Player: Derek Jeter

Unread postby jb » Wed May 07, 2008 4:49 pm

dmiles wrote:Very interesting thread. Not being a connoisseur I generally just grab some Coors Light's and get them near freezing.

In checking out the wikipedia on India Pale Ale, apparently San Diego has it's style of Double IPA and I wasn't aware. Really cool place in nearby Solana Beach called Pizza Port, and apparently the local Oggi's serves up a heavy alcohol version as well.

I've tried Stone Pale Ale which is also local, and it was ok, I might need to step up my game to drink and enjoy these types of brews. The funny thing is my wife used to come home with them and I'd be just tell her "buy whatever is on sale". My youthful Milwaukee's Best and Schaefer days, it's hard to break bad habits. You can take the redneck out of the sticks but...errr that's not quite the saying.

Tonight, I drink, though with Cinco de Mayo I suppose the margarita's will be flowing. My avatar is the guy who does the Doq Equis commercials however I have no idea if those are nationwide. If they are not I should change the avatar.

"Stay Thirsty My Friends" -> you can google.

I've hit the Pizza Port in Carlsbad and the beer selection is amazing. It's like BoneYard & 99 Taps good.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby dmiles » Thu May 08, 2008 1:44 am

JB wrote:
I've hit the Pizza Port in Carlsbad and the beer selection is amazing. It's like BoneYard & 99 Taps good.

I prefer eating at Pizza Port as opposed to Oggi's which is a minor chain here. However I am sipping a Hop Juice, Double IPA which is 9.4% ABV and distributed through Oggi's. A little bitter I might have to adjust my taste buds but damn this "22" is feeling nice. Usually we go to these places after some Little League game or whatever, I hadn't realized they served such well-respected brews.

One good thing about "the internets" you stumble onto some shit you really should know more about. (Such as the Boneyard ) Apparently I didn't stray from Warren often enough, that place looks great.

Anyway, the wife just sees me sipping a nice beer, and like Rich says you get the no alchy complaints. But a 22 oz. at 9.4 for a guy who doesn't drink nearly enough anymore, feels great.
dmiles

What Beer to Drink?

Unread postby ThisIsNat » Fri May 16, 2008 6:26 pm

Shiner Bock!! Unless I'm in Cleveland, and then it's Great Lakes, anything is good but Elliot Ness is my favorite.
ThisIsNat

Favorite Player: Bernie/Omar
Least Favorite Player: T.O.

Unread postby buckeye319 » Sat May 24, 2008 5:43 am

mswerb wrote:I scored some Fat Tire for Christmas, two 6 packs. One is gone, and the other I am holding on to for the right moment. Distributors do not carry this in Ohio. Thanks again to Spoon and Ellen!

I'm going up to the Fat Tire brewery in a couple weeks in Fort Collins, CO; should be fun. People out here in Denver drink that stuff like we drink Bud or Coors back home.

Does anyone drink Leffe? It's a Belgian blonde and it's very good (Sorry if this is a popular one, I'm no beer expert). I've been drinking that lately, but will have to stop because its a bit pricey.
buckeye319

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: Stephen A. Smith

Unread postby dmiles » Sun May 25, 2008 12:57 am

buckeye319 wrote:
mswerb wrote:I scored some Fat Tire for Christmas, two 6 packs. One is gone, and the other I am holding on to for the right moment. Distributors do not carry this in Ohio. Thanks again to Spoon and Ellen!

I'm going up to the Fat Tire brewery in a couple weeks in Fort Collins, CO; should be fun. People out here in Denver drink that stuff like we drink Bud or Coors back home.

Does anyone drink Leffe? It's a Belgian blonde and it's very good (Sorry if this is a popular one, I'm no beer expert). I've been drinking that lately, but will have to stop because its a bit pricey.

Yea we have Fat Tire right down at the chevron so I hadn't assumed the distribution was limited. Fat Tire on tap is quite common in small bars/restaurants out here.

Speaking of Belgian, I am currently sipping a Blue Moon, Belgian Wheat. I lost a bet to a Celtics fan who wanted some Belgian 6-pack and I could swear he said it was Leffe. I need him to send me an email with the damn spelling because I wasn't listening that closely. Maybe I'll buy two 6-packs and sample one.
dmiles

Unread postby mswerb » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:38 pm

Just started the Mike's Hard Lemonade again. Don't ask why, but it tastes damn good on a hot day. Yard work is done, grill was fired up, and a Mike's Lemonade in hand. AHH, vacation!
mswerb
Carolina Junkie

Favorite Player: MJ
Least Favorite Player: Anyone from DOOK

Unread postby General » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:27 am

I consume too much volume to be able to afford the boutique beers. :lol:
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Unread postby Naxos » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:02 pm

Got back from vacation out in Colorado last week and toured the Coors brewery in Golden. Some notes:

~ Never knew that Blue Moon, Keystone, and Killians were Coors products.
~ They even offer an orange in the tasting room for the Blue Moon samples.
~ Honey Moon seasonal is pretty tasty.
~ The Coors workers informed me that Coors & Miller (first that I heard of this) are merging and they are worried about possible downsizing in the work force.
Naxos

Favorite Player: Brian Sipe
Least Favorite Player: DA

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:42 pm

I certainly do not drink beer regularly, so I don't really give a hoot on what's lite and what's not and what tastes better or whatever. I like Bud Select. Don't buy it often. Don't buy beer often in general. But it goes down smoothly for me.
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Favorite Player: Federer
Least Favorite Player: Anything Boston

Unread postby buckeye319 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:51 pm

Yeah, Bud Select is alright but think i'd rather just have a Bud.

I've been drinking Modelo lately. I think it's like the Bud of Mexico, but it's pretty tasty and goes down smoothly.
buckeye319

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: Stephen A. Smith

Unread postby jb » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:45 am

Sam's Summer Ale is back, and wow is it GOOD!

Slight hint of lemon and that grains fo paradise stuff. I dig it way more than a wheat beer in the summer.
jb

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:38 pm

JB wrote:Sam's Summer Ale is back, and wow is it GOOD!

Slight hint of lemon and that grains fo paradise stuff. I dig it way more than a wheat beer in the summer.

If it is around where you live give Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy. Not a good everyday beer, but out on a boat or on a beach, it is damn good
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby jb » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:41 pm

Ziner wrote:
JB wrote:Sam's Summer Ale is back, and wow is it GOOD!

If it is around where you live give Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy. Not a good everyday beer, but out on a boat or on a beach, it is damn good

Dang Z, on a beach or boat even The Beast Lite tastes good. :mrgreen: So some 'kugel would have to be good. Just not usually a pure weitzheffen (sp?) dude, I guess, but I'll give that a shot. They have it at BW3 on tap.

Know what a good, wierd beer is in the summer? Straubs out of St mary's PA. Little indy brewery in BFE PA , and it is an all grain beer. It has nada or almost nada hops. It is amazing when you are overheated. I'm sure it is so different you'll find a lot of people that will hate it.
jb

Unread postby buckeyehoppy » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:57 pm

Naxos wrote:Got back from vacation out in Colorado last week and toured the Coors brewery in Golden. Some notes:

~ Never knew that Blue Moon, Keystone, and Killians were Coors products.
~ They even offer an orange in the tasting room for the Blue Moon samples.
~ Honey Moon seasonal is pretty tasty.
~ The Coors workers informed me that Coors & Miller (first that I heard of this) are merging and they are worried about possible downsizing in the work force.

The Coors/Miller merger will cost both Milwaukee and Golden, CO the HQ for the newly formed company. Dallas is rumored to be the leading candidate for the new, neutral HQ.

In this day and age of merger and acquisition, the employee is the pawn roughly 100% of the time. Let's just say that it is a good bet that the workforce in all Coors and Miller production facilities will be reduced.

Those are the facts of life in the American economy today, for better or worse.

Those facts notwithstanding, the Coors "micro" products are a fairly tasty bunch and not a bad entry point for those who are curious of the beer world outside of Bud (Light), Miller (Lite), Coors (Light), etc. The offerings are pretty pedestrian, yet they are hardly an embarrassment and are affordable for those on a budget.
Cleveland: Where the Tower is Terminal and the Lake is (e)Erie- Alex Bevan
buckeyehoppy

Unread postby tbone » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:15 pm

Had a few Great Lakes Moondog Ales for the first time last night. Great stuff (and check out the inside of the moon from the label!).

http://www.greatlakesbrewing.com/beerPr ... beer_id=55
I don't think I'm ever more "aware" than I am right after I hit my thumb with a hammer.
Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey

tbone
Medium Rare

Favorite Player: myself
Least Favorite Player: that guy

Unread postby MacGregor78 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:46 am

Just recently brewed some Mad-Arillo at the Brewkeeper in North Ridgeville. Great stuff!
MacGregor

Just hoping my child doesn't have to go grow up in a world where Cleveland Sports are terrible like I had to.
MacGregor78

Unread postby 4thQtrGlory » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:48 pm

Miller lite, but since its summer Ive been drinking Landshark Lager (jimmy buffets beer), and in the winter.....of course Great Lakes Christmas Ale
4thQtrGlory

Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: NE Ohio Steeler Fan

Unread postby Ziner » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:51 pm

anyone try the 20th anniversary imperial dortmunder that I just saw on the GLBC website??? I need to get my hands on some of that, I will check but i bet it doesnt make its way to chicago
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby swerb » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:02 pm

Ziner wrote:anyone try the 20th anniversary imperial dortmunder that I just saw on the GLBC website??? I need to get my hands on some of that, I will check but i bet it doesnt make its way to chicago

I haven't. And must.

Haven't seen it anywhere yet.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Ziner » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:29 pm

Swerb wrote:
Ziner wrote:anyone try the 20th anniversary imperial dortmunder that I just saw on the GLBC website??? I need to get my hands on some of that, I will check but i bet it doesnt make its way to chicago

I haven't. And must.

Haven't seen it anywhere yet.

Let me know how it is, delicious I am sure. I will be driving through Cleveland this weekend, I am going to have to make a pitstop to get some
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby swerb » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:32 pm

http://www.greatlakesbrewing.com/beerPr ... d=00000061

Can't wait to get my hands on this. 7.5%. A bolder, richer version of The Dort.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby buckeyehoppy » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:23 pm

The GL Imperial Dort is on top of the "To Get" list.

Also have a friend in Houston who is shipping me some Shiner 99 and a grab bag from St. Arnold's Brewing...had some of their stuff when I was in Dallas last spring and got hooked.
buckeyehoppy

Unread postby CCSUltra » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:33 am

I've been downing some Elliot Ness and High Life.
CCSUltra

Unread postby DrPoove » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:11 am

Magic Hat No. 9

Tasty.
"What is understood need not be discussed."
-Loren Adams
DrPoove
Special Guest Referee

Favorite Player: Cleveland
Least Favorite Player: The Inbred

Unread postby RattleHead » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:11 am

DrPoove wrote:Magic Hat No. 9

Tasty.

Yes indeed. Magic Hat has some very tasty brews, I like the Circus Boy also.
RattleHead

Favorite Player: Hank Aaron
Least Favorite Player: Barry Bonds

Unread postby Lebowski » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:32 pm

I'll back JB on Straub.

Threw a couple back at a local watering hole last night. Good summer beer.
- Lebowski
Lebowski
The Dude

Favorite Player: Z
Least Favorite Player: BE

Unread postby BDFD » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:47 pm

LaBatt Blues. I used to drink Miller Lites becuase my numero uno NASCAR driver used to drive the Miller Ford/Dodge (Rusty Wallace). Since he's retired and they replaced him with a douche, I drink LaBatts. Kind of a dumb reason to drink a certain kind of beer, but it is what it is...
BDFD

Favorite Player: Nuke LaLoosh
Least Favorite Player: Duke Temple

Unread postby jack_tors » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:12 pm

Check out Alexander Keith's India Pale Ale, it is great stuff. Imported from Nova Scotia, its been around for like 160+ years. Its on tap at the Fox and Hound in Mayfield, probably at the Boneyard downtown too. Good stuff.
jack_tors

Favorite Player: Mike Modano
Least Favorite Player: LeChoke James

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:27 pm

Still a summer of Sam or me. Love Sam Adams Summer Ale. Had a Carlsberg, a Moretti and a Bass at Epcot last week. Cost me one child but they said she'd go to a good family.

All were either very good or it was 96 degrees with 82% humidity. Not sure which.

No thoughts or comments on one of America's premier companies selling out to a Belgian company?

BTW- Every time one of you humps adds to this thread I go out to the garage frig and grab one of whatever is in there.

Stop.
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby dmiles » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:00 am

Bought a 22 for the neighborhood rib cook-off (where I am an annual taster). Shark Attack from Pizza Port (9% but bitter), and some Pyramid Hefenweizen and one other Hefe for my regular beers.

Incidentally I had a few too many and apparently completely forgot the latter evening festivities where I decided that was the ideal night to teach my 11 and 13 year old sons the finer points of "The Sweet Science". Apparently I put on quite a show. The wife is barely talking to me.

These high alcohol IPA types are hoppy, and not for the average joe.
dmiles

Unread postby buckeyehoppy » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:49 pm

jack_tors wrote:Check out Alexander Keith's India Pale Ale, it is great stuff. Imported from Nova Scotia, its been around for like 160+ years. Its on tap at the Fox and Hound in Mayfield, probably at the Boneyard downtown too. Good stuff.

I hadn't realized that A. Keith's had made it south of the border. The IPA is pedestrian. Not embarrassing. But to a jaded beer dork like me, it's middle-of-the-road stuff.

I like the stuff from Sleeman Brewing and Cameron Brewing from just outside Toronto has very good beer, too. Sleeman's is available in Ohio, but I'm not sure if Cameron's is imported anywhere in the states. If it's anywhere, it would be in New York.
buckeyehoppy

Unread postby Doc » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:34 pm

Thoughts upon trying Imperial Dortmunder for the first time right now..."I want to put my dick in it. I want it to put it's dick in me. I wish it were winter so we could freeze it into ice blocks and skate on it and melt it in the spring time and drink it!"

Very tasty, although 4/$10 is a shade steep. However, it is absolutely delicious. A little sweet, and very easy going down. Very high on my list right now, and definitely IMO better than the original Dortmunder.

So, I have a 4 pack of those and a 6 of Goose Island Nut Brown Ale. I've heard it is similar to Newcastle (big fan of Newcastle) so I'm going to mix a couple in with the Imperial Dort. Should be a fun night, probably will pop in the new Harold and Kumar or make it up to see Step Brothers on $4 Tuesday. BTW, I love RedBox. Great great concept.
Doc

Favorite Player: Matthew Dellavedova
Least Favorite Player: Chris Bosh

Unread postby osucrazy18 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:53 pm

NATTI LIGHT AND KEYSTONE WHAT ELSE IM 18 :twisted:
"On an off shooting night all you have is your fundamentals and your momma, cause she believes in you Mo!!!!" - - - Uncle Austin after Clippers 3/11/09 believe baby believe
osucrazy18

Favorite Player: Confidence
Least Favorite Player: KG's mouth

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:31 pm

Anyone try the Full Sail IPA? Micro-brewed in Oregon by a 'company' of 47 people (or so their bottles say).

I grabbed 6 and enjoyed the first.

http://www.fullsailbrewing.com/ipa.cfm? ... N=19957728
peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby jb » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:37 pm

osucrazy18 wrote:NATTI LIGHT AND KEYSTONE WHAT ELSE IM 18 :twisted:

Nice. For me then it was Schaeffer , Busch, Red White & Blue and Little Kings.

It'll get better Young G.

I'm doing a few Nasferatu's meself.
jb

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:07 pm

JB wrote:

Ahh yes. Going to the convenience store as a ute, finding some dude to buy you and your buddies a case of crap to drink in the park behind the store. Our place was on Lakeshore by St. Roberts church. CJ's beverage, case of cheap Old Milwaukee, Little Kings, or Mickey's Big Mouths. Then hit the church grounds where there were exits in multiple directions.

There or 207th beach.

That shit got old fast when the weather got cold.

Thank God for parents that vacationed, were drunks or who had kids when they 40.
peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby dmiles » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:09 am

JB wrote:

Amen to that. I remember Milwaukee's Best being $5.99 a case. In addition to what JB listed I also tried "Burger" beer. Also I can never forget the Saturday morning Genesee Cream Ale Rocket shits..

Now I was in a little pub the other day I'd been wanting to try out, and something was wrong with the IPA tap so we got a pitcher of Pabst. I was feeling nostalgic I guess but it totally sucked. My wife said "are we officially beer snobs" and I said it looks that way. Hell one of the reasons I kept her was because she partied with me and the guys and didn't turn her nose up at my impressive collection of Schaefer in my dorm fridge.

I once organized a one-on-one basketball tournament called the Schaefer Invitational so perhaps I took it a little too seriously. So kid right now it's all about quanity...
dmiles

Unread postby ThisIsNat » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:19 am

I'm working on a beer passport at a local bar, you have to hit 80 beers, at least two from every continent except Antarctica, and you get a t-shirt, your name on a plaque, and a mug with your name on it hanging above the bar for just you to use. Anyway, I've discovered some good stuff, and some horrible stuff...I'm at 40 right now, with a lot of drinking still to do! The most recent discovery is Tusker, a lager from Kenya with a good flavor, goes down really smooth. The whole table ended up buying a round after trying mine.
ThisIsNat

Unread postby Hi Oktane » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:17 pm

Anyone tried the new Bud American Ale yet? Reviews?
"At least the Scots didn't have to tune in with the rest of the country and watch their women get plowed by Longshanks and his men."
~Commodore Perry on the difference between baseball's flawed economics : Indians :: prima nocta : Scots
Hi Oktane
TPS Report Grader

Favorite Player: Brother Red
Least Favorite Player: IHS

Unread postby jb » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:32 pm

Hi Oktane wrote:Anyone tried the new Bud American Ale yet? Reviews?

I'd like to try it.
jb

Unread postby ThisIsNat » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:43 am

I went to Busch Gardens the other day and hit "Beer School." The guy who ran our group said American Ale will be released on draft in bars this week and will hit stores shortly after, so it shouldn't be long 'till we can try it. They weren't even serving samples yet, and they usually have everything there. Guess they're trying to build the anticipation.
ThisIsNat

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:31 am

Buddy just went to a wedding in PA so he brought back many cases of Yuengling. Went to a wedding recently and had some pretty good english ales, Monty Python's Holy Ail (Grail with the GR crossed out) and The Hobgoblin Ale.

Everyday beer: Miller Lite
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Re:

Unread postby RattleHead » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:06 am

Just tried this tonight. I'm usually not a big fan of ales, but this is pretty much what I expected coming from a major American brewer. Decent taste, pretty easy going down. Not something I'd hate on, but nothing spectacular either. Your money is better spent on something from Great Lakes Brewing unless you really like trying new beers.
RattleHead

Re: Re:

Unread postby jb » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:59 am

RattleHead wrote:

Just tried this tonight. I'm usually not a big fan of ales, but this is pretty much what I expected coming from a major American brewer. Decent taste, pretty easy going down. Not something I'd hate on, but nothing spectacular either. Your money is better spent on something from Great Lakes Brewing unless you really like trying new beers.

Had it and I was impressed. It is a huge leap fwd for A-B in terms of quality. Rich, hoppy, but mainstream smooth. It is better than anything the big three plus crown plus the Canucks put out. Better than some micros , like penn brewery. The $ 6.99 price point is good marketing.

It isn't Grt Lakes or Goose Island or anything > $ 8 , but that wasn't my expectation. It does compare to S N pale ale tho heavier, and frankly, I didn't expect that . I was thinking it'd be like labatt 50 - 50 , but it is far better. Taste is subjective, but I'd take it over Pete's Wicked 10 times out of 10.

It is far from suck, and it's on my permanent change of pace list.

It took the Belgians to teach us how to make decent macro-brew.
jb

Unread postby Hi Oktane » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:30 pm

JB wrote:Had it and I was impressed. It is a huge leap fwd for A-B in terms of quality. Rich, hoppy, but mainstream smooth. It is better than anything the big three plus crown plus the Canucks put out. Better than some micros , like penn brewery. The $ 6.99 price point is good marketing.

It isn't Grt Lakes or Goose Island or anything > $ 8 , but that wasn't my expectation. It does compare to S N pale ale tho heavier, and frankly, I didn't expect that . I was thinking it'd be like labatt 50 - 50 , but it is far better. Taste is subjective, but I'd take it over Pete's Wicked 10 times out of 10.

Hands down, AB's best beer yet.
"At least the Scots didn't have to tune in with the rest of the country and watch their women get plowed by Longshanks and his men."
~Commodore Perry on the difference between baseball's flawed economics : Indians :: prima nocta : Scots
Hi Oktane
TPS Report Grader

Favorite Player: Brother Red
Least Favorite Player: IHS

Unread postby RattleHead » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:02 am

Hi Oktane wrote:
JB wrote:Had it and I was impressed. It is a huge leap fwd for A-B in terms of quality. Rich, hoppy, but mainstream smooth. It is better than anything the big three plus crown plus the Canucks put out. Better than some micros , like penn brewery. The $ 6.99 price point is good marketing.

Hands down, AB's best beer yet.

Can't argue with any of that, I'd buy it again for a change of pace.
RattleHead

Re: What kind of beer you been drinkin' lately?

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:06 pm

Took Swerb's advice in the other forum and had a Nosferatu on tap at the Great Lakes Brewery. Pretty good. My buddy had one and then a Conway's Irish Pale Ale. I like the Pale Ale better.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:08 pm

In the fridge now...

2 Miller Lights
3 Guinness Stouts
4 Hoegaardens
1 Summer Shandy
Unopened Abita Party Pack (12 various Abita brews)
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"

Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Unread postby skatingtripods » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:28 pm

Rolling Rock. But with Halloween and autumn on their way, I've been drinking Hornsby's more often than not.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

PreviousNext

Return to Eat, Drink, & Be Merry