Text Size

Eat, Drink, & Be Merry

What kind of beer you been drinkin' lately?

Discuss good eats, beverages, recipes, restaraunts, bars and other food and drink related topics in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mswerb

What kind of beer you been drinkin' lately?

Unread postby swerb » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:53 pm

I'm back on a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale kick, and have also been mixing in the Newcastle again.

Anyone else?
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby mswerb » Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:50 pm

Miller Lite, because Fat Tire is not available in Ohio.
mswerb
Carolina Junkie

Favorite Player: MJ
Least Favorite Player: Anyone from DOOK

Unread postby General » Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:46 pm

Coors Light as always.
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization-Do I really have to change this?
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Unread postby Fixedgearrider » Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:57 pm

Pabst(I swear I pay their mortgage)
Leinenkugels Summer Shandy(find this beer, thank me later)
An awful lot of Black Label, as I have been going to shows.
Fixedgearrider
Site Drunk

Unread postby MacGregor78 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:22 am

Just tried a Pale Ale from the BrewKeeper in North Ridgeville, pretty tasty. Been drinking some Oktoberfest and tried Nosferatu (not a fan)
MacGregor

Just hoping my child doesn't have to go grow up in a world where Cleveland Sports are terrible like I had to.
MacGregor78

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:12 pm

First a quick history of my beer drinking.

I have always been a Busch Light guy, 95% of the time it is what I bring. When out however that is not an option so I'd grab a Bud Light 95% of those times.

Also I hate dark beers, Guiness, and all those other F'd up named beers. Disgusting, and don't get me started on the brands in which you can actually see the natural color of the beer, yuck, no clear bottles for me.

Plus to me it aint really about the taste, I mean if it was who the hell would drink beer to begin with, honestly? So I always just want something that goes down easy, gets me a bit (or a lot a bit) F'd up and won't cost me an arm or leg.

BUT I recently tried Sam Adams Light and I am hooked.

Great stuff, now the only problem is I need to invest in a convenient bottle opener.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby swerb » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:34 pm

Sam Adams Light is very good beer, I agree.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby sandlot33 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:45 pm

Bud Light or Miller Light

I also hate dark beers
HerrliBomb
sandlot33

Unread postby mswerb » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:46 pm

FUDU wrote:First a quick history of my beer drinking.

I have always been a Busch Light guy, 95% of the time it is what I bring. When out however that is not an option so I'd grab a Bud Light 95% of those times.

Also I hate dark beers, Guiness, and all those other F'd up named beers. Disgusting, and don't get me started on the brands in which you can actually see the natural color of the beer, yuck, no clear bottles for me.

Plus to me it aint really about the taste, I mean if it was who the hell would drink beer to begin with, honestly? So I always just want something that goes down easy, gets me a bit (or a lot a bit) F'd up and won't cost me an arm or leg.

BUT I recently tried Sam Adams Light and I am hooked.

Great stuff, now the only problem is I need to invest in a convenient bottle opener.

At one point in your life, you may realize that you don't have to drink to get drunk. I don't really drink a lot, some some days, after a long hot day at work an ICE COLD beer hits the spot.
mswerb
Carolina Junkie

Unread postby Fixedgearrider » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:49 pm

FUDU wrote:Great stuff, now the only problem is I need to invest in a convenient bottle opener.

Search on Thinkgeek.com for something called a ring thing.

Trust me.
Fixedgearrider
Site Drunk

Unread postby FLAohiofan » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:38 pm

Yuengling, Samuel Adams Boston Lager and Winter Lager, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Blue Moon, Great Lakes Burning River, Eliot NEss and Dortmunder Gold (when back in Ohio)
FLAohiofan

Unread postby jfiling » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:49 pm

Still proudly(?) kicking back with Natural Light. It's like water, but with alcohol!
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Unread postby Joens » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:58 pm

coors

nothing but the best
Cremincus- Something completely and utterly unbelievable. Published in the B-list 2006
Joens
BQ has no MySpace

Unread postby mswerb » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:22 pm

I scored some Fat Tire for Christmas, two 6 packs. One is gone, and the other I am holding on to for the right moment. Distributors do not carry this in Ohio. Thanks again to Spoon and Ellen!
mswerb
Carolina Junkie

Unread postby swerb » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:36 pm

Ran out of Christmas Ale last night. Went out in style and took five to the head. Took me about six minutes to get up my stairs after.

Damn Im gonna miss that.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby municipalmutt » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:42 pm

I've been on a German kick lately. Franziskaner Hefe-Weissbier, Dortmunder Union Dark, and Hacker-Pschorr Original Oktoberfest.
municipalmutt

Unread postby bowl » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:38 pm

General wrote:Coors Light as always.
bowl
Road Trip Guru

Favorite Player: Shin Soo Choo
Least Favorite Player: Derek Jeter

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:28 pm

Warsteiner and and and UND BECKS.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:34 am

FUDU wrote:

I use a green repair tool from a local golf course. They give them away free at the starter booth. Works great and who cares if you lose it.

High Life Light
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby Fixedgearrider » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:10 am

Black and Blue-Dogfish Head
Jav-ah Stout-Southern Tier
Original Sin Cider
Woodchuck Amber
Corsendonk Christmas Ale(Bad news for you, I assure you)
Fixedgearrider
Site Drunk

Unread postby RC » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:35 pm

FUDU wrote:Great stuff, now the only problem is I need to invest in a convenient bottle opener.

An old girlfriend got me a bottle opener about 10 years ago that when you used it the opener would play the "Cmon Cavs" jingle.

Best thing I ever got from that girl.

Now I have one that plays tOSU's fight song.

RC
RC
Keepin' The Faith In Y-Town

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Chris Grant

Unread postby buckeyehoppy » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:20 am

Just an aside...I really need to get out of the sports section from time to time :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm a beer geek! Meaning...I not only consume, I produce beer. Brewed a Scottish Ale at the end of summer. Turned out pretty well and is cellaring beautifully.

I am down with anything produced by the following breweries: Great Lakes (the best thing to happen to Cleveland since the '48 Indians), Dogfish Head, Flying Dog, Three Floyds and, even with the huge marketing campaign, Sam Adams (it's amazing to me that the product quality is so diverse and so good for a brewery that big).

One brewery to keep an eye on is Southern Tier out of Lakewood, NY. If you are into visits, the place is on the other side of Erie going out toward Jamestown on I-86. While it lasts, try and find Old Man Winter Ale. It's nice and hoppy...gee, I like hoppy!!!... 8) :cool: 8-) 8) :cool: 8-) 8) :cool: 8-) and'll warm the heart of your cockles. Definitely not a chug-a-lug brew.

Along with Sam Adams, a favorite "macro" brew is Shiner Bock (kudos to Norman Chad for switching from Rolling Rock after the Bud takeover). Shiner actually has a favorably diverse product line that isn't completely available in Ohio. Had the dunkelweizen when I was in Dallas last spring and was impressed. Want to get my hands on their next "annual". Also had the "98" in Dallas and it would have been a winner here last last summer. Looking forward to the "99" this year.

Glad I plumbed to the "inside sections" here. Like reading the Sunday paper, there are gems closer to the middle.
Cleveland: Where the Tower is Terminal and the Lake is (e)Erie- Alex Bevan
buckeyehoppy

Unread postby RattleHead » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:48 am

12 pack of Grolsch in the fridge right now. I also love wheat beers. A lot :lol:
RattleHead

Favorite Player: Hank Aaron
Least Favorite Player: Barry Bonds

Unread postby bks92 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:41 pm

Notin like a Bud light and their commercials are great to.

Joens For President!
bks92
Michigan Sucks

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: Michigan players

Unread postby OldDawg » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:48 pm

Don't drink.
I'll take A&W rootbeer right from the stand, thank you.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby General » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:48 pm

Whatever happened to Stroh's beer. After breaking in on Miller High Life, Stroh's was the way to go for years. A couple of forays into Rolling Rock and Little Kings. Some Bud years in the USMC until the light beer years kicked in. Drank Miller Lite until my wife got disgusted with the "Dick" commercial thread for Miller Light and came home to an ice cold Coors Light, been there ever since. I do remember though back in my teens having and ICE COLD Genesee...beautiful.
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization-Do I really have to change this?
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Unread postby buckeyehoppy » Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:05 pm

General wrote:Whatever happened to Stroh's beer. After breaking in on Miller High Life, Stroh's was the way to go for years. A couple of forays into Rolling Rock and Little Kings. Some Bud years in the USMC until the light beer years kicked in. Drank Miller Lite until my wife got disgusted with the "Dick" commercial thread for Miller Light and came home to an ice cold Coors Light, been there ever since. I do remember though back in my teens having and ICE COLD Genesee...beautiful.

Right now, Genesee is the "macro" beer at the Buckeye Beer Engine in Lakewood.

As a confirmed beer drinker (some people are confirmed bachelors...I'm a confirmed beer drinker) I have one rule of thumb: my favorite beer is the one in my hand. BTW, that sounds like a great addition to the sig line :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: .

I have not been keeping much beer in the house while the Ol' Lady and I have been enjoying the remainder of the Scottish Ale we brewed on Labor Day.

One recent disappointment has been that Flannery's downtown hasn't had Newcastle or Old Speckled Hen on draught. I'll be there next Saturday before the Trippin' Billies show at HOB and I'll kill Mike if they don't have either one by then.

(OK, maybe not kill, but at least he'll know that I'm not thrilled with the lack of selection).
buckeyehoppy

Re: What kind of beer you been drinkin' lately?

Unread postby The Brook » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:14 pm

Swerb wrote:I'm back on a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale kick, and have also been mixing in the Newcastle again.

Anyone else?

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is my all time favorite beer. Taste great, plus has a nice alcohol level for buzz factor. I also love to mix in 2 types of beer from "Stone Brewery" located here in San Diego. Their Arrogant Bastard Ale & their IPA Ruination Ale are awesome.
The Brook
carnitas, math & bucky

Favorite Player: Joe Carter
Least Favorite Player: 97 Marlins roster

Unread postby jb » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:37 pm

I've really been into Commodore Perry IPA as of late when I rock a good brew. Now that Conway's is retiring for the season that's how I roll when I want quality.

For $ 9.99 a 12, you can't beat St Pauli. That is cheap, and I like that clean German pilsner thing as the weather warms up. Mucyh like my winter coats/jackets, I put away the porters and stouts and the heavy stuff. I can't tell the dif between Pauli and Beck's, which is like $ 4 more.

At the end of the month when dollars matter now I've noticed that Nati Lite actually tastes better than Bud or Bud Lite and it's like $15 for a 30 pack. That's like free beer. Like a water fountain.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby furls » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:18 pm

Ive been in connecticut for a whopping 3 weeks and I already found a fucking fantastic micro called Long Trail, brewed in Vermont. It has so much flavor, like a Sam Adams but tastes better.

Swerb, you'll be getting the sampler 12 pack as soon as I figure out a way to get it to you.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby dazindiansfanuk » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:42 am

If you've got a strong constitution you might wanna try and get your hands on a few of Britains best, and lesser known: -

Black Sheep Ale

Newcastle Brown (actually, well known)

Fiddlers Elbow

The Hobgoblin

Old Speckled Hen

All really good, deep, strong ales...... so strong you have to eat some with a spoon!! :lol:
dazindiansfanuk
Tyner Is God

Favorite Player: Jhonny Peralta
Least Favorite Player: Curt Schilling

Unread postby TonyBagadonuts » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:10 am

Swerbie, what's the name of that joint we went to when I was in town "on business" for the Yankees series last year? Right across from the Jake. Food was good, atmosphere was wild. Granted, it was the playoffs.
TonyBagadonuts

Favorite Player: Frank Pentangeli
Least Favorite Player: Sam Gravano

Unread postby swerb » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:11 am

Local Heroes. Formerly Cooperstown. Formerly Redfish. Formerly a couple other things before that.

Great proximity to the ballpark. Place jumps after big wins, like that night we were there.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby bowl » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:12 pm

Hopslam
bowl
Road Trip Guru

Favorite Player: Shin Soo Choo
Least Favorite Player: Derek Jeter

Unread postby pup » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:26 pm

Sam Adams, Summer Ale.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:27 pm

Pup wrote:Sam Adams, Summer Ale.

How is that in comparison to the Winter and Spring ales?
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby pup » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:34 pm

Skating Tripods wrote:
Pup wrote:Sam Adams, Summer Ale.

How is that in comparison to the Winter and Spring ales?

I'll let you know this winter :lol:

Seriously, I am a lifetime Miller Lite guy, but am very bored and I decided to try some different shizzy.

Tried GL Pale Ale. Wanted to vomit. Tooooo bitter for me.
Went to the Sammy. Similar to the Pale Ale, but about 1/gazillionth bitter.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby swerb » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:36 pm

I've been on a straight Commodore Perry kick for 2-3 weeks now.

Potent. That's the best word to describe it.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby buckeyehoppy » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:33 pm

Swerb wrote:I've been on a straight Commodore Perry kick for 2-3 weeks now.

It's chewy and you can cut it with a knife, but it's GL's best product overall (that's saying something).
buckeyehoppy

Unread postby RattleHead » Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:37 am

No shit, drank like 10 of 'em last weekend and it was all I could do to find the damn bed. Thankfully no stairs were involved or I would've been sleeping on the nice cool kitchen tiles.
RattleHead

Favorite Player: Hank Aaron
Least Favorite Player: Barry Bonds

Unread postby jb » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:55 pm

RattleHead wrote:

No shit, drank like 10 of 'em last weekend and it was all I could do to find the damn bed. Thankfully no stairs were involved or I would've been sleeping on the nice cool kitchen tiles.

I visitedthe mecca itself on W 25 last Saturday. I had Moondog Ale. It may even be bettr n CP IPA.

Stuff is amazing.

How is Grt Lakes so good ??????!!!!!!
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Naxos » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:17 pm

Sam Adams: Octoberfest, Regular, Light, and Summer
Spatan Octoberfest
Blue Moon- love this on draft. I got a case, of bottles, in the fridge right now but it doesn't seem quite the same. Mabey it is my allergies acting up.
Naxos

Favorite Player: Brian Sipe
Least Favorite Player: DA

Unread postby Ziner » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:50 pm

I have to agree Great Lakes is the nectar of the Gods, I have no idea how one place can have so many of my favorite beers, and it has nothing to do with being from Cleveland either, it is legitamately the best I have had. I found a few places in Chicago I can get it and I am moving down the street from a bar who has it... hope to God they have burning river.

Anyone every had Leinienkugel's Summer Shandy? I know it is kind of a sissy beer (and I like Edmund Fitzgerald as much as the next guy) but this shit might be the best summer beer of all time. I just saw it in the stores here in Chicago and I have to admit it is the best beer to be sitting on a boat with or on a beach with.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby swerb » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:40 pm

It's amazing that one small brewery can have so many incredible beers. And be right here in Cleveland. All bull shit aside, and I've drank my share of beer over the last 15 years, all of these brews are amongst the best 15-20 I've had in my life (in this order) ...

1. Christmas Ale - Is there anything better in life than getting shitfaced out of your mind off 4 Christmas Ales on a Saturday night with the tree on and a great college football game on the tube? Cinnamon, honey, ginger .... deliciously potent, and as much a part of my holiday season as the Browns and Santa Claus anymore. November 3rd. It arrives once again. Even the hangover is good with this beer.

2. The Commodore Perry IPA - On potency alone, edges out Burning River Pale Ale for the 2 hole. 7.5%. Its like drinking wine. But at the speed at which you drink a beer. I love hops, and they are as present in this beer as any. If I drink 6 Miller Lites 5 nights a week, the wife starts to call me an alc. But 2 Commodore Perrys? No way. She dont know the 2 Commodore Perry buzz is better.

3. Burning River Pale Ale - The fact this beer is just the 3rd best from this brewery tells you all you need to know. Im a pale ale guy, and this is as good a pale ale as exists.

4. Dortmunder Gold - My pre Cavs and Indians game beer when downtown before a game. Consume so much of it in those settings that I'll usually line the shelves of my fridge with one of the three above.

5. Holy Moses White Ale - Good, lighter summer beer. Great for the back patio with a cigar and the Tribe game on the radio.

6. Conways Irish Ale - A very malty, very tasty Irish Ale. 7.0% alcohol IIRC.

7. Blackout Stout - Potent, heavy, dark, hoppy beer. Will swill these occasionally in the winter, rarely in the summer.

8. The Eliot Ness - Not one of my favorite Great Lakes, but still an excellent Amber beer.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby furls » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:24 pm

You guys have any idea how I can get a 12 pack from Groton CT to Twinsberg OH? Rich, you gotta try this Long Trail shit, I have sworn off all others.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby Naxos » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:03 pm

Naxos wrote:Sam Adams: Octoberfest, Regular, Light, and Summer
Spatan Octoberfest
Blue Moon- love this on draft. I got a case, of bottles, in the fridge right now but it doesn't seem quite the same. Mabey it is my allergies acting up.

OK this might sound strange but usually at the bar they stick an orange in the Blue Moon. Well I didn't have any oranges in the house so I splashed it with some OJ. Changed the taste entirely for the better. Something about a little bit of orange in it that just works.
Naxos

Favorite Player: Brian Sipe
Least Favorite Player: DA

Unread postby TCBinaflash » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:34 pm

1. Christmas Ale[/b] - Is there anything better in life than getting shitfaced out of your mind off 4 Christmas Ales on a Saturday night with the tree on and a great college football game on the tube? Cinnamon, honey, ginger .... deliciously potent, and as much a part of my holiday season as the Browns and Santa Claus anymore. November 3rd. It arrives once again. Even the hangover is good with this beer.

The Beachland Ballroom had X-mas Ale on sale for a show a few years back. All I'm gonna say is that mayhem ensued with people being slid down the bar cowboy bar fight style. Men we're parading around in women's clothes. I insisted on walking home 5 miles away right before they shut the place down at 12:30 on a Saturday night.

Good times.
TCBinaflash

Favorite Player: Michael Bourn
Least Favorite Player: Ron Karkovice

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Thu May 01, 2008 12:31 pm

Swerb, I'm with you. GL is hands down the best beer I've tasted. My sister and I have moved away from the city, and every Christmas our presents are the same, cases of christmas ale. Even my girlfriend's mother and brother get us cases of christams ale during the holidays. I wish they'd ship it this far south, but then I have a feeling work may suffer...
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby buckeyehoppy » Sun May 04, 2008 11:06 pm

Furls wrote:You guys have any idea how I can get a 12 pack from Groton CT to Twinsberg OH? Rich, you gotta try this Long Trail shit, I have sworn off all others.

If you need to ship any quantity of beer from anywhere, keep these tips in mind:

1) Never, ever ship USPS!!! Only ship via UPS, FedEx or DHL.

2) Treat the beers like you were protecting eggs in a physics contest at CWRU. Whatever it takes to ship the beers intact and have them arrive at your door that way, the better.

3) In shipping beer, foam rubber, bubble wrap, packing nuts and heavy duty tape are your friends.

4) Always wrap bottles individually and keep them away from each other in the packing. Don't even consider shipping the 12 pack in its original packaging.

5) Wrapping the shipping container in as much heavy duty packing tape as you can is not a bad idea.

Keep all of these tips in mind and you'll be enjoying the quaff of your choice in no time.
buckeyehoppy

Unread postby dmiles » Mon May 05, 2008 3:57 pm

Very interesting thread. Not being a connoisseur I generally just grab some Coors Light's and get them near freezing.

In checking out the wikipedia on India Pale Ale, apparently San Diego has it's style of Double IPA and I wasn't aware. Really cool place in nearby Solana Beach called Pizza Port, and apparently the local Oggi's serves up a heavy alcohol version as well.

I've tried Stone Pale Ale which is also local, and it was ok, I might need to step up my game to drink and enjoy these types of brews. The funny thing is my wife used to come home with them and I'd be just tell her "buy whatever is on sale". My youthful Milwaukee's Best and Schaefer days, it's hard to break bad habits. You can take the redneck out of the sticks but...errr that's not quite the saying.

Tonight, I drink, though with Cinco de Mayo I suppose the margarita's will be flowing. My avatar is the guy who does the Doq Equis commercials however I have no idea if those are nationwide. If they are not I should change the avatar.

"Stay Thirsty My Friends" -> you can google.
dmiles

Next

Return to Eat, Drink, & Be Merry