Text Size

The Back Of The Net

Cleveland beats Pittsburgh

Talk Cleveland City Stars, World Cup, MLS, and all other forms of pro soccer here in TheClevelandFan's newest forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Spin

Cleveland beats Pittsburgh

Unread postby budfrog532 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:44 am

Cleveland City Stars started off the 2008 season by beating Pittsburgh 2-1.

The game was somewhat ragged in the first half --- lots of new guys on the team, the play wasn't always connected well.

2nd half, Pittsburgh had a guy go off with a red card on a pretty dirty tackle. They then were able to score even though a man down.

Cleveland got the equalizer in about the 75th on a real nice header by Randolph Jerome, and then got the game winner in the 2nd minute of stoppage time.

Both fan bases really turned out well, about 1,200 in attendance.

Good way to start the season...
budfrog532

Favorite Player: Clay Matthews
Least Favorite Player: John Elway

Unread postby pitts » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:24 pm

Hey bud, didn't you say the game would eventually be available for viewing online here on this site?

I could find no where with anything about videos except that box on the upper right of the front page? Is that were it's going to be?

And I know you said Sunday, I'm assuming you meant next Sunday anyway, but do you have more info about it?
pitts

Unread postby budfrog532 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:30 pm

pitts wrote:Hey bud, didn't you say the game would eventually be available for viewing online here on this site?

I could find no where with anything about videos except that box on the upper right of the front page? Is that were it's going to be?

And I know you said Sunday, I'm assuming you meant next Sunday anyway, but do you have more info about it?

It'll be on the City Stars website. I was supposed to get a copy to rip and put up, but didn't get it --- I am trying to get a hold of the right person to get it --- it will be posted about an hour after I get it!

Sorry for the delays ---
budfrog532

Re: Cleveland beats Pittsburgh

Unread postby SteelersStillSuck » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:26 pm

budfrog532 wrote:2nd half, Pittsburgh had a guy go off with a red card on a pretty dirty tackle.

Sounds a lot like the OTHER football team pittsburgh has ;)
Swerb wrote:Tough to win when you have the worst head coach in the league and a QB that stares into his fridge every morning for a half hour cause the orange juice says "concentrate" on it.

Woody Hayes wrote:Without winners, there wouldn't even be any god damned civilization."
SteelersStillSuck

Unread postby buckeyehoppy » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:59 pm

Good outcome for the City Stars, especially getting both tallies in the last 20 minutes.

They seem to be a young team and they're just getting their competitive legs under them.

1,200? That's nice for a rainy April night. Damp and humid. That won't be the last time they play in those conditions. Good turnout. Let's see what they do as the season progresses, but that turnout is encouraging.
Cleveland: Where the Tower is Terminal and the Lake is (e)Erie- Alex Bevan
buckeyehoppy

Unread postby CCSUltra » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:13 pm

Fuck Pittsburgh. They think they're tough shit. I was so glad to win this game, seeing Ian score that winner was an incredible feeling.
CCSUltra

Unread postby pitts » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:37 am

CCSUltra wrote:Fuck Pittsburgh. They think they're tough shit. I was so glad to win this game, seeing Ian score that winner was an incredible feeling.

Yeah, that was a great volley. That's the main reason I wanted access to the footage. I was going to try to get it on FSR's Goals of the Week, though I doubt they would have shown it. I'll still send them the email though.
pitts

Unread postby CCSUltra » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:06 am

That'd be pretty great to see it on the Goals of the Week. When do they show them? I always forget because I don't generally watch the Report...
CCSUltra

Unread postby pitts » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:01 pm

CCSUltra wrote:That'd be pretty great to see it on the Goals of the Week. When do they show them? I always forget because I don't generally watch the Report...

It's a Tuesday night thing.
pitts

Unread postby budfrog532 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:33 pm

Video for the entire Pittsburgh match is now up on the City Stars website

http://www.clevelandcitystars.com/index.php?option=com_seyret&Itemid=148
budfrog532

Return to The Back Of The Net