Text Size

Eat, Drink, & Be Merry

ideas for a bachelor party weekend downtown

Discuss good eats, beverages, recipes, restaraunts, bars and other food and drink related topics in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mswerb

ideas for a bachelor party weekend downtown

Unread postby Stadium Mustard » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:48 pm

I gotta ask a favor from you guys, thought this would be the place to do it. I'm having my bachelor party downtown over the weekend of the Yankees series in two weeks, and I want to get some ideas on places to go out. I'm having my buddies from college and DC in town, and I want to make sure we do Cleveland right. We're staying downtown and are going to the game Saturday afternoon. I haven't lived in the area since I graduated high school, but I get downtown at least a couple times a year, but just to catch a Tribe, Cavs or Browns game when I'm home visiting my parents. So I know my way around, know that the bars on W6th are good and know that the Flats ain't what it used to be - except maybe to go to places where you'd like to go on your bachelor party.

After that, I'm all ears and would appreciate any suggestions. I need a place to get dinner with the guys Friday night, bars for Friday night, a place to get lunch and start drinking before the game Saturday and places to go after the game on Saturday. I could get away with winging it when we got there, but wanted to ask some experts.

Any advice would be really appreciated!!!
Stadium Mustard

Unread postby KFletch » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:17 pm

If you want some bars-E. 4th Street is always a good place to start. My friends love the corner alley-it is also a bowling alley.

As for places to eat-we like the Winking Lizard for wings & beer.

If you get to the Jake (prog) when the gates open for the yanks game-try to score yourself a spot at batter's eye. Fun spot to get the drinking started inside the jake. Although pricey.

Have fun & congrats on the wedding!
KFletch

Unread postby skatingtripods » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:26 pm

You have to go to the Diamond. Yes, I'm talking about the Diamond Men's Club.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:48 pm

I did this last year:

Afternoon Tribe game

Paninni's/ Parrot/ Clevelander

Cab to the Power House- Shooters/ Howl at the Moon

Nudi Bar (Tiffany's I think)

Then I woke up in a condo in Avon Lake at about 1 PM the next day. Weird.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby General » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:23 am

Get a litter box....attract lots of cat!!! :twisted:
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:10 am

Start before the game at the Clevelander or Panini's at East ninth... if you want to do an early dinner grab a sandwich from Alescis right there. Then grab a dog at the game. Why spend your friends money on a nice dinner, when that could be spent on Beer, shots and naked single mothers (think of the kids, man). Then depending on your style here is where you need to make a decision. You like the clubby shit? head to west 9th (perhaps Spy Bar or some shit like that) and pay $7 a beer. Otherwise head for a more laid back mode head to east 4th.... or finally if you just want to sit back and pound beers maybe head to harry buffalo right after the game (or back to panini's if the weather is nice so you can be outside). Then head down to the powerhouse to finish off the night and of course make you stop to help support the local single mothers at Christies Caberet.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:46 pm

No matter what you do bring these...

cell phone, without a camera (leave on vibrate and don't forget to erase the call history before you get home).

condem(s) (I hope you don't need this part explained).

$20 bill in your sock (b/c you may lose your wallet, and this will get you home or close to it depending on where you live).
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:07 pm

FUDU wrote:No matter what you do bring these...

cell phone, without a camera (leave on vibrate and don't forget to erase the call history before you get home).

condem(s) (I hope you don't need this part explained).

$20 bill in your sock (b/c you may lose your wallet, and this will get you home or close to it depending on where you live).

Come to think of it there are alot of times in my life that advise would have been useful....
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby Stadium Mustard » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:46 am

Great advice guys - thanks a lot for the help. You are all very wise, and basically confirmed my plan. Bars around the stadium, Flats for supporting the local "entertainment economy," E. 4th to class it up a bit. I'm listening to every piece of advice (except the part about ending up in Avon Lake. With my luck, I could only hope to wake up in such a classy place). If you see a pack of dudes acting like they're at a bachelor party, buy a shot for the guy in an '80's era Tribe jersey. It will be appreciated.
Stadium Mustard

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:19 pm

Walk around in handcuffs, with a sign on your back that says, "The end is near - about to be married". You're bound to get free drinks that way.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Return to Eat, Drink, & Be Merry