Text Size

The 19th Hole

Best Driving Ranges

Discuss the PGA Tour, local golf courses, playing tips, and have any other general golf discussions on this board.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, yogi

Best Driving Ranges

Unread postby skatingtripods » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:02 pm

I'm down in the Akron area for the next few weeks with school and one of my roommates and I are looking for some good driving ranges to hit up before we actually go out on the course.

What are some of the best ones in the Akron area?
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby DarNoor » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:34 am

Well, i haven't been to Akron in quite a while, but i used to goto Mayfair a lot. They have a nice practice putting green as well. What's cool about the range is that they have a green about 275 yards that you can hit. If you don't know where Mayfair is, it's right off of 77. The exit you want is Massilon Rd. Then turn right on Mayfair rd, and it is right down the street. It is across the street from another course. I think it is called Prestwick.
~D~
DarNoor

Return to The 19th Hole