Text Size

Eat, Drink, & Be Merry

Where do you eat before going to a game at the Prog/Q?

Discuss good eats, beverages, recipes, restaraunts, bars and other food and drink related topics in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mswerb

Where do you eat before going to a game at the Prog/Q?

Unread postby SteelersStillSuck » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:56 am

I just tried panini's the last time I went up there, Sandwiches there are damn good, Though I pray they're not yinzerish because they have fries on top :-(.

But just out of curiousity, where do you guys like to eat around there?
Last edited by SteelersStillSuck on Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swerb wrote:Tough to win when you have the worst head coach in the league and a QB that stares into his fridge every morning for a half hour cause the orange juice says "concentrate" on it.

Woody Hayes wrote:Without winners, there wouldn't even be any god damned civilization."
SteelersStillSuck

Unread postby Joens » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:38 pm

"Prog"
Cremincus- Something completely and utterly unbelievable. Published in the B-list 2006
Joens
BQ has no MySpace

Unread postby waborat » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:11 am

It's usually Harry Buffalo's for Q events and Thirsty Parrot for "The" ballpark...just to damn convenient for where we park
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Unread postby swerb » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:59 am

To me, there's absolutely nothing better than hanging out in the open air bar part of Harry Buffalo when its nice out and they have all the glass opened.

After 4 or 5 Dortmunders, if the breeze hits me right, I actually think I'm in Hilton Head for a split second.

Right next to the Q, close to the Jake, great for people watching. And if you get one of the tables right on the window, I can take just one step over the threshhold and legally smoke.

Bison burger, some Great Lakes on draft, and a couple heaters ... no better way to get ready for a ball game.

Flannery's has better food, Harry Buff has more bar space and a better atmosphere.

Those are the two joints I hang out at most.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: Where do you eat before going to a game at the Prog/Q?

Unread postby jb » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:53 pm

SteelersStillSuck wrote:I just tried panini's the last time I went up there, Sandwiches there are damn good, Though I pray they're not yinzerish because they have fries on top :-(.

They so yinzer, Paninni took the idea from the lengedary Pirmanti Bros in the strip district in the burgh. Primanti's are so good, you don't even care it's yinzer. Best thing to ever come out of that place.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby SteelersStillSuck » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:30 pm

JB wrote:
SteelersStillSuck wrote:I just tried panini's the last time I went up there, Sandwiches there are damn good, Though I pray they're not yinzerish because they have fries on top :-(.

They so yinzer, Paninni took the idea from the lengedary Pirmanti Bros in the strip district in the burgh. Primanti's are so good, you don't even care it's yinzer. Best thing to ever come out of that place.

Besides Quaker Steak and Lube.

Only two good things to ever come out of shittsburgh.
Swerb wrote:Tough to win when you have the worst head coach in the league and a QB that stares into his fridge every morning for a half hour cause the orange juice says "concentrate" on it.

Woody Hayes wrote:Without winners, there wouldn't even be any god damned civilization."
SteelersStillSuck

Unread postby jb » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:06 am

SteelersStillSuck wrote:
JB wrote:

Besides Quaker Steak and Lube.

Only two good things to ever come out of shittsburgh.

Word. Lube > BW3 .

I guess Sharon PA is part of greater Appalachia.
jb

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:42 pm

The Lube is a trashier version of BWs, not better, just cheaper and more Appalachian.

YMMV...
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby skatingtripods » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:23 pm

Local Heroes. The Dude burger with a couple of brews.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby jb » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:07 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:The Lube is a trashier version of BWs, not better, just cheaper and more Appalachian.

YMMV...

nahhh, bee dubs double blanches. The wings are shrivelled like Magda on Something About Mary. Lube always plump and juicy like Angelina's lips. Phresh. Exciting.

And the Lube's are alwys cleaner than B dub's. I will give props to the Southern Park Mall b dubs, tho. Always TONS of staff on hand. You never have to wait to get served. GM there is a Covelli so I guess that's no surprise. And B dubs does have a better beer selection, which is huge. They ALWAYS have the Grt Lakes' seasonal on tap as well as Eliott's. Too many other places just have Dort.

Thing that kills me if how EXPENSIVE these places are though.
jb

Unread postby swerb » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:15 pm

Yeah, I'd have to agree with JB ... no comparison at all between BDubbs wings (they suck) and Quaker Steak.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby SteelersStillSuck » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:30 am

Swerb wrote:Yeah, I'd have to agree with JB ... no comparison at all between BDubbs wings (they suck) and Quaker Steak.

Man they're expensive though. I love the Louisana Lickers sauce though, that stuff is awesome.

The one place in Cranberry is like a beacon of hope in the middle of steeler country. Everytime I go through there on the way to some other place, I stop in and eat there.
SteelersStillSuck

Unread postby jb » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:09 pm

SteelersStillSuck wrote:
Swerb wrote:Yeah, I'd have to agree with JB ... no comparison at all between BDubbs wings (they suck) and Quaker Steak.

Man they're expensive though. I love the Louisana Lickers sauce though, that stuff is awesome.

The one place in Cranberry is like a beacon of hope in the middle of steeler country. Everytime I go through there on the way to some other place, I stop in and eat there.

Give' em some crdeit. They did name their best sauce "Buckeye" Bar b Q
jb

Unread postby Apex777 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:36 pm

Oh yeah, Primanti Brothers sandwiches are THE BOMB, I agree, best thing to come from 'da burgh. . . :roll :roll:

For those that think "the lube" is trashy, have you ever been to the ORIGINAL QUAKER STATE & LUBE in Sharon, PA? (this chain of restaurants that is all over the place originated in Sharon, PA, NOT 'da burgh as was previously stated)

The original Lube is very nice, they have several different "theme" rooms, and tons and tons of signed sports memorabilia including a framed game jersey that is signed by Orel Hersheiser when he was pitching with the Tribe.

The Quaker Steak and Lube started out as a "cook your own steak restaurant" a few years later they started with the buckets of wings. I fondly remember going there for wings and pitchers of beer and the bill would be less then $30, LOL, try that today.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. . .Einstein
Apex777

Return to Eat, Drink, & Be Merry