Text Size

The Back Of The Net

Supporters in the USL

Talk Cleveland City Stars, World Cup, MLS, and all other forms of pro soccer here in TheClevelandFan's newest forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Spin

Supporters in the USL

Unread postby budfrog532 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:47 pm

For those of you that are football (oops, soccer) supporters, but don't think the quality of the sport is high enough in the US...you should at least come out and check a USL match.

Cleveland, Rochester, Montreal, Seattle, Portland all have reasonably organized supporters groups...and Pittsburgh is now joining the league and looks like they will have active supporters as well.

It's a good show.
budfrog532

Favorite Player: Clay Matthews
Least Favorite Player: John Elway

Unread postby buckeyehoppy » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:16 pm

As I understand it, the Stars kick off against Pittsburgh. Are they going to be at Krenzler? I heard the Pittsburgh match was going to be at Byers. Would like to see them at Krenzler where they at least have a pitch that a goat could manicure :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kidding aside, I like that Cleveland has a club in the USL. I hope to be out at a few matches this season as time allows. The games being downtown is a plus from my purview, although I'd imagine I might be in the minority. I like the atmosphere that being downtown can potentially bring and being able to bring some much needed business to the businesses around CSU and Playhouse Square.
Cleveland: Where the Tower is Terminal and the Lake is (e)Erie- Alex Bevan
buckeyehoppy

Unread postby neoleo » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:22 am

buckeyehoppy wrote: As I understand it, the Stars kick off against Pittsburgh. Are they going to be at Krenzler? I heard the Pittsburgh match was going to be at Byers. Would like to see them at Krenzler where they at least have a pitch that a goat could manicure :lol: :lol: :lol:

All regular season home games are at Krenzler. The exhibitions this coming weekend vs. Rochester and the Crew are in Parma (Byers Field). There's a tailgate party before the home opener vs. Pittsburgh where your game ticket gets you in free.

buckeyehoppy wrote: Kidding aside, I like that Cleveland has a club in the USL. I hope to be out at a few matches this season as time allows. The games being downtown is a plus from my purview, although I'd imagine I might be in the minority. I like the atmosphere that being downtown can potentially bring and being able to bring some much needed business to the businesses around CSU and Playhouse Square.

I much prefer it to Parma, that's for sure. In fact, I love Krenzler's location, you get a great view of the skyline from the bleachers.
neoleo
CSU Beat Guy

Favorite Player: Norris Cole
Least Favorite Player: number 6

Unread postby CCSUltra » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:20 pm

I hope everyone can make it to the game against Pittsburgh. I don't care if you hate soccer, as long as you hate Pittsburgh. :lol:

If anyone's interested in the Green Army, you can check out our forum. Hope to see some new faces in the Army this season.
CCSUltra

Unread postby CCSUltra » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:20 pm

BTW: our forum is www.greenarmy.info

It wouldn't let me post the address in my first post because it was my first post on the forum
CCSUltra

Return to The Back Of The Net