Text Size

The 19th Hole

The Masters!

Discuss the PGA Tour, local golf courses, playing tips, and have any other general golf discussions on this board.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, yogi

The Masters!

Unread postby osucrazy18 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:46 am

Tiger or the Field?
Wheres all the golf fans on here?
"On an off shooting night all you have is your fundamentals and your momma, cause she believes in you Mo!!!!" - - - Uncle Austin after Clippers 3/11/09 believe baby believe
osucrazy18

Favorite Player: Confidence
Least Favorite Player: KG's mouth

Unread postby swerb » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:57 am

I went this route ...

Choi 40-1
Stricker 50-1
Appleby 70-1
O'Hair 100-1

One of my favorite weekends of the year. Few things top Sunday at the Masters in my book.

Love the commercials we've been seeing the last three weeks too. You hear the piano in the background, the gorgeous green course appears, then the classic highlights ...

"Is it his time???? YES!"

"YES SIRRRRRRRRR!"

"A win for the ages!"

Mize running up the 18th fairway. The Tiger chip in on 16. O'Mears hitting that 20 footer for his first major.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby DarNoor » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:55 pm

I'm taking Tiger. But, don't count out Phil. He is currently 2 under. I would love to see Phil and Tiger in the last group on Sunday.
~D~
DarNoor

Unread postby SteveR » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:32 pm

Whats the odds on Nick O'Hearn?
Because I'll take him..Why?
Simply because he is the only guy who has & can beat Tiger more than once..and I don't see Tiger winning..yet no one else can beat Tiger
The Masters aren't match play?
Still Nick knows
(I reserve the right to ammend this pick if Nick misses the cut..and in that case I'll say Zach Johnson helps Trevor Immelmann on with his new Jacket)
SteveR

Unread postby mikebrownz26 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:09 pm

Eldrick is 9 back just about halfway through his second round. He needs to get to about 2 or 3 under to put himself in decent position for Saturday. Playing conditions are supposedly going to be tough at Augusta this weekend, which undoubtedly favors him.
mikebrownz26

Favorite Player: Phil Dawson
Least Favorite Player: Scott Stewart

Unread postby SteveR » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:34 am

And down the stretch they come...!
SteveR

Unread postby swerb » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:18 am

LIVE BETTING - Odds to win the 2008 US Masters, April 13th. Preview
Updated odds to win ...

All wagers have Action. Single Bets Only. No Refunds.

Trevor Immelman
6/5

Tiger Woods
4/1

Brandt Snedeker
4/1

Paul Casey
7/1

Steve Flesch
6/1

Stewart Cink
20/1

Phil Mickelson
50/1
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby mikebrownz26 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:54 am

I'd be all over Paul Casey right there.
mikebrownz26

Favorite Player: Phil Dawson
Least Favorite Player: Scott Stewart

Unread postby furls » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:22 pm

Casey is done.

4 has been fucking brutal today. Every player appears to be about 1/2 a club short on 4.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby swerb » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:29 pm

My guess is that -8 or -9 wins this thing. Casey is now in the same situation as anyone not named Immelman, Snedeker, or Flesch ... cannot make any mistakes.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby furls » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:32 pm

Based on the current conditions, I think -7 to -8 might do it. The scores appear to be going up, but players generally tend to score better on the back.

I think the conditions tend to help Tiger in his "charge" as it will cause the rest of the field to back up. He would need a 68 or so to have a good shot at it, whereas with less wind he may have needed something absurd like a 64. The wind tends to affect him slightly less than everyone else.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby swerb » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:34 pm

Tiger sticks one at 6 ... back to -5.

And you might be right Furls. -7 could win this. Only 4 of 45 rounds in the house so far have been under par.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:09 pm

Approaching the turn and nothing special from Tiger and steady as she goes for Immelman, time is not on Tiger's side, he needs a quick push to keep hope alive.

I'm thinking 9 under is needed to win this.

BTW listening to golf with no visuals is one of the tougher things in life to do.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby swerb » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:25 pm

Immelman misses a chance to stick a dagger ... pulling a 3 footer for birdie at 7.

Still though, four up, getting ready to make the turn ... he's looking really good right now.

I want drama!

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby furls » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:30 pm

Immelman needs to come back 3 strokes to create drama. Snedeker is done. If he doesnt hit that putt on #2 he pars the hole. As fast as that ball was travelling he would have had no chance at birdie.

Tiger is flat out of time and really isn't playing that well. I think he needs to go -3 on the par 5s and play bogey free on the back to have a shot.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:32 pm

Watching Snedeker golf is like watching paint dry. It is almost as hard as watching Sergio.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:40 pm

Let's see how Immelman responds to his bogey on 8. If he can play 9 & 10 well the tournie is his since no one appears able to mount a run.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:59 pm

Three shot lead with 2 to play, it would take a "ValdeVelvian Collapse" to bring Tiger back into it.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby SteveR » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:16 pm

"(I reserve the right to ammend this pick if Nick misses the cut..and in that case I'll say Zach Johnson helps Trevor Immelmann on with his new Jacket)"

Well ..let the record show I called my shot..
thank you ..I'll be moving up to bigger deals like the WSOP or maybe the Bassmasters Classic..

Swerb...Link for your golf site:

http://www.pasturegolf.com/
Check it out..
SteveR

Unread postby swerb » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:31 pm

Great call Steve. And thanks for the link.

Hope you bet it, Immelman was 90-1!

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby TonyBagadonuts » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:06 am

If Tiger could putt, he would have won that thing walking away! The greens at Augusta have been kryptonite to Tiger. He'll go in to next years Masters not having won it in 4 years.

Boring final round yesterday. I wanted drama!
TonyBagadonuts

Favorite Player: Frank Pentangeli
Least Favorite Player: Sam Gravano

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:49 am

TonyBagadonuts wrote:If Tiger could putt, he would have won that thing walking away! The greens at Augusta have been kryptonite to Tiger. He'll go in to next years Masters not having won it in 4 years.

Yet having won it 4 times.

What's your point?
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Return to The 19th Hole