Text Size

No Holds Barred

Dear Mr. Obama

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Unread postby Stu » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:17 pm

stretch51 wrote:then there's Glenn Beck.....

what about him?
Stu

Favorite Player: Eric Wedge
Least Favorite Player: Swerb

Unread postby Crash Davis » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:39 pm

Mr. MacPhisto wrote:
CP wrote:
Part of me thinks that Bill wants to die as the "last Dem President" and the party knows it. Consciously or not, he opens his mouth enough to sabotage their candidates time and time again, and they know they can't control him.

The only way he could have been appeased and kept at bay was for a Hillary win in the primaries, and that didn't happen. The way the left trashed her in the primaries to elevate Obama and give him credibility, they can't ever trust Bill not to screw them at the worst possible moment.

Guy has an ego on him the size of the women he typically had affairs with, and it's enough for them to keep him on the sidelines as much as possible.

I do think the Dems know that Hillary and Bill want to continue to dominate their party's politics and be the central figures of it. An Obama loss keeps them front and center for the Dems, especially if they have to face another four years out of the White House. It's also why they're attacking Palin, because she presents them with the prospect of 16-20 years out of the White House. That hasn't happened since the early 1900s, though the GOP has had 16 years straight in the White House twice since its formation (Grant-Arthur and McKinley-Taft).

I don't usually get involved in these types of threads but I agree with what you say about Bill and Hillary. She wants to be president so bad that she can't stomach the fact she might have to wait 8 years to run again if Obama gets elected and then of course runs for re-election. I don't know a lot about their party other than what I see from the Clintons and their antics but they are still trying to stay the centerpiece of the democratic party. Expect some more dirt to come out about Obama right before the election with the Clinton machine working overtime to dig for that info as their handprints will be all over if and when something is released.

War McCain/Palin
"PREDICTION: R.I.P. Chief Wahoo"
Crash Davis

Favorite Player: Lawrence Vickers
Least Favorite Player: SteelerDramaQueenQB

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:58 pm

Beck's not my favorite because he's a way too paranoid for my tastes. I listened to him before he went national, when he was a local talker on 970 WFLA here in Tampa in the afternoons. I still occasionally listen in, but is paranoia will make me switch the station or turn the radio off altogether. He's not as funny as he used to be. I think he was at his best when he was local and had some lesser syndication deals with a few markets (Miami, Orlando, etc). His replacement in the afternoon slot, Todd Schnitt, is much more sane.

I still find Beck's move to mornings a little bit odd. He actually did two Glenn Beck shows for a while, replacing Dr. Laura's slot on WFLA from 9-12. Apparently it caused him great stress or something and that's why Todd Schnitt, who also does the MJ Morning Show on 93.3 WFLZ, took over Beck's original 3-6 time slot.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby SteelersStillSuck » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:08 pm

I like Beck. I'm also a fan of Limbaugh's, its a shame he's on at the same as Jim Rome. Same with Glenn and Rizzo.

Also, Mark levin is good to listen to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dcOyXUPPcc

He gets calls from all these people on the left, and he tells them like it is.
Swerb wrote:Tough to win when you have the worst head coach in the league and a QB that stares into his fridge every morning for a half hour cause the orange juice says "concentrate" on it.

Woody Hayes wrote:Without winners, there wouldn't even be any god damned civilization."
SteelersStillSuck

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:12 pm

SteelersStillSuck wrote:

I like Beck. I'm also a fan of Limbaugh's, its a shame he's on at the same as Jim Rome. Same with Glenn and Rizzo.

My head feels like it is going to blow up after listening to an entire Rush show, and I am a conservative. I can take about a half hour of Rush, Hannity, or Beck. I honestly dont know how some people (like my dad) listen to them straight all day every day. That is nuts. I cant take serious information all day. Talk to me about Sports, Life, why the browns suck again... you know stuff like that
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby SteelersStillSuck » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:14 pm

Ziner wrote:
SteelersStillSuck wrote:

My head feels like it is going to blow up after listening to an entire Rush show, and I am a conservative. I can take about a half hour of Rush, Hannity, or Beck. I honestly dont know how some people (like my dad) listen to them straight all day every day. That is nuts. I cant take serious information all day. Talk to me about Sports, Life, why the browns suck again... you know stuff like that

I'm the same auctually.

Hence why I flip over to 850, for a breather. :)
Swerb wrote:Tough to win when you have the worst head coach in the league and a QB that stares into his fridge every morning for a half hour cause the orange juice says "concentrate" on it.

Woody Hayes wrote:Without winners, there wouldn't even be any god damned civilization."
SteelersStillSuck

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:16 pm

The d-bag that sits in the next cube over from me at work listens to Air America all day... some days when I forget to turn on my radio or get too busy shit starts pouring out my ears...

That station is awful... no wonder they cant make money
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby SteelersStillSuck » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:25 pm

Ziner wrote:The d-bag that sits in the next cube over from me at work listens to Air America all day... some days when I forget to turn on my radio or get too busy shit starts pouring out my ears...

Air America still exists? Last I heard they needed funding from the democrat party. I don't recall Limbaugh, Hannity or any of those guys ever needing money

I was pretty pissed when they took over Akron's ESPN affliate.

SteelersStillSuck

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:27 pm

SteelersStillSuck wrote:
Ziner wrote:The d-bag that sits in the next cube over from me at work listens to Air America all day... some days when I forget to turn on my radio or get too busy shit starts pouring out my ears...

Air America still exists? Last I heard they needed funding from the democrat party. I don't recall Limbaugh, Hannity or any of those guys ever needing money

I was pretty pissed when they took over Akron's ESPN affliate.

He has XM or Sirius or something... and yeah I believe they are getting financial backing from some lib somewhere... might be Soros but dont quote me on that one.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:44 pm

Ziner wrote:

I tend to like only listening to Limbaugh in short doses. I much prefer Salem's lineup of Bill Bennett, Mike Gallagher, Dennis Prager, Michael Medved, and Hugh Hewitt. I quite enjoy Medved because he will bring on opposing viewpoints and debate them. I like Hewitt because he brings on a lot of big political thinkers and gets into some real meat on the issues. Prager is great too because he is a deep thinker himself. I love Prager's stance on things. He commonly states, "Tell the truth and then state your opinion" and, "I prefer clarity to agreement". Wise man.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Unread postby Commodore Perry » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:15 am

All politics aside, Air America is really bad radio.

Talk radio is not nearly as easy as it sounds, and Air America proves that every day. The only guy that's decent on that channel is Lionel. I think that's his name.

I don't like Hannity's style as much, but he has great topics. Limbaugh is just so easy to listen to, even if you don't agree with what he's saying, he's very very good at saying. Beck is ok, until he starts crying.

The radio show I wouldn't want to do without is Ron and Fez on XM.
Commodore Perry
Old School American

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:09 pm

Air America is horrible because of how nasty most of the hosts can be. The vitriol is apparent. Just seeing some of the insane things that Randi Rhodes says really shows how insane the people running Air America are.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Unread postby bookelly » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:30 pm

Republicans love America...they just hate half the people in it.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby idoctribefan » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:19 pm

bookelly wrote:Republicans love America...they just hate half the people in it.

Not true at all. Most of my friends from high school that I still keep in touch with went off to college and became liberal.....brain-washed by ideological professors. I don't hate them. They'll come around in a few years.
"And three of the better guys in franchise history, Daugherty, Z and now Kyrie could get hurt in a rubber room full of cotton balls." - Leadpipe
idoctribefan

Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: #6

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:34 pm

bookelly wrote:Republicans love America...they just hate half the people in it.

I really don't hate people. I do hate the actions of some people out there. I can disagree with people and still like them. My uncle is a staunch lefty that I disagree with vehemently but I still get along with him and actually enjoy discussing politics with him, though he definitely gets a lot more hot around the collar by it than I do.

I believe in making arguments for my political stances and working to win people over to my side. If they choose not to join me then so be it. This is the United States and they have every right to disagree with me.

I am a big believer in the people of the United States and believe that most will support what is right when it comes down to it. Most of us are at the least unified by the idea of America and the gift of freedom it brings us here and the hope of freedom it brings to all the oppressed souls on this blue sphere. As The Great Emancipator, Abraham Lincoln, called it - it is the last, best hope for mankind on this Earth.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Previous

Return to No Holds Barred