Text Size

No Holds Barred

9/11/2001

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Re: 9/11/2001

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:16 pm

One thing I remember about that day was roughly around 6pm how malls and store fronts were completely empty. I had a video camera and drove around for awhile taping what appeared to be the sudden extinction of all human life. Then I noticed where most people out and about were, they were all at the gas stations.

Lines that were an 1/8 mile long at more than 10 different gas stations in the southeast suburbs that but up against Cleveland like Parma, Brookpark and Strongsville.

IIRC a lot of gas stations raised prices 50 cents ove the course of 3-5 hours.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby aoxo1 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:19 pm

Remember getting up for, I think, a Physics lecture at PSU, going to my computer, getting an IM, turning on the tv, and immediately thinking there was going to be a draft. Needless to say I didn't go to class.
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:25 pm

FUDU wrote:IIRC a lot of gas stations raised prices 50 cents ove the course of 3-5 hours.

Americans love a good panic. It's a good chance to gouge your fellow countrymen.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:51 am

I was working third shift help desk back then, so 9am was pretty well past my bedtime. Fortunately or unfortunately, I was enjoying a little daylight while preparing a new PC for my aunt. My first sign that something was wrong was when I couldn't access news websites. After one page came through mentioning a plane hitting the World Trade Center, I switched on the TV news.

I didn't finally get to sleep until late afternoon.

One of the clear memories of that morning was visiting said aunt over on East 47th around 3 or so and taking the long way through downtown. Public Square was a ghost town, the only activity was valets at the Renaissance preparing for stranded guests and arranging chairs outside the door. Spooky as all hell.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Previous

Return to No Holds Barred