Text Size

No Holds Barred

The Feds are taking over Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

The Feds are taking over Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae

Unread postby jfiling » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:01 pm

I'm really not sure what to think about this. I'm against the government bailing out any business, but they are so huge that it's impossible to just let them fail. The good thing as least the shareholders are going to lose their asses, and the main benefit of the bailout seems to be to prop up the credit market.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Re: The Feds are taking over Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:08 pm

jfiling wrote:I'm really not sure what to think about this. I'm against the government bailing out any business, but they are so huge that it's impossible to just let them fail. The good thing as least the shareholders are going to lose their asses, and the main benefit of the bailout seems to be to prop up the credit market.

The problem with Fannie and Freddie is that they are kind of hybrid government entities that aren't really government run but are government sponsored. They've had enormous corruption problems over the years.

I'd like to see them taken over and then broken up and sold off to private entities. The government really is what allowed for Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae to monopolize the industry in many ways.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Return to No Holds Barred