Text Size

No Holds Barred

Ef Him in His Watery, Itchy Eyes....

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Ef Him in His Watery, Itchy Eyes....

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:18 pm

.....or in his closing and swollen throat.

Note comes home from the school today.

There's some little prick with a peanut allergy. What's that mean? Tough break for him? Let him spend 15minutes eating by himself before he joins his mates for recess?

No. No. No. No. No.

It means no more PBJ for the other 589 kids in the school, that's what it means.

Because the this genetic fucknut can't eat peanuts it means no one can. The school is a 'peanut-free' zone. No peanuts, no cracker jack, no peanut butter cookies or crackers or peanut butter cups. Nothing made with peanut oil or extract, no payday bars or any candy containing peanuts, etc., etc.

You have got to be fucking kidding me.

So two 1st cousins from Geneva on the Lake breed and move west to my school district (all supposition on my part but it fits) and their genetic freak has mini strokes and swallows his tongue at the site or smell of peanuts and now the rest of the entire fucking school is forced to abide by this rule.

Ri-goddamn-diculous.

Some people in that school and in the district are about to be lit up in a hail storm of foul language and letters.
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:32 pm

The PC world in which we live in - and I don't mean PC as in IBM.

One person is allergic and everyone suffers. One person is offended and you can't say it. Tiny groups don't like something so it must be avoided by everyone.

Ridiculous. The person with the peanut allergy needs to be responsible FOR THEMSELVES. If you're offended fine, be offended, just don't screw over everyone else because you're offended.

And if I'm offended that you're offended why can't being offended just be outlawed or something?

Where does it end?
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby jb » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:41 pm

Mr. MacPhisto wrote:Ridiculous. The person with the peanut allergy needs to be responsible FOR THEMSELVES.

Where does it end?

Perhaps when he or she turns 9 years old when the age of emancipation hits?

What's that?

Shit. Nevermind.

I do feel your pain tho, Peeks. PB was like one of the only 2 foods my son would eat when he was little - finacky little oger - and we had to live thru a peanut allergy in 2nd grade. It wasn't that servere however, so they could do a distance rather than a full ban.

Some of these things aren't about itchy eyes. They are life treatening in a short time period. Iti sn't PC for some people. It's tantamount to thowing a fit because you can't release ricin.

But hey, you know, fuck me and my pesky "facts". Dogma over reserach. Shame on me for suggesting there might be a scale here to understand before passing judgement. That isn't how these things play on the internets and the talk radio mentality.

Rant on.

The Sound and the Fury. Indeed.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby General » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:49 pm

I am allergic to fire ants...go right into respiratory distress. Have so far failed to win a judgement against the Lord for creating them...but when I mow the lawn down here I look like some kind of nut with knee high rubber boots, rubber banded at the calf, long sleeves, long pants, towel on my neck (when the little bastards fall out of trees on me),hat, gloves...Just can't see paying someone $75 to cut my grass, yet.

Back on topic though, Spock would say we are an illogical bunch, "...the needs of the few outweigh the needs of the many".

Maybe we should have peanut free magnet schools.
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:12 pm

JB wrote:
Mr. MacPhisto wrote:Ridiculous. The person with the peanut allergy needs to be responsible FOR THEMSELVES.

Where does it end?

Perhaps when he or she turns 9 years old when the age of emancipation hits?

What's that?

Shit. Nevermind.

I do feel your pain tho, Peeks. PB was like one of the only 2 foods my son would eat when he was little - finacky little oger - and we had to live thru a peanut allergy in 2nd grade. It wasn't that servere however, so they could do a distance rather than a full ban.

Some of these things aren't about itchy eyes. They are life treatening in a short time period. Iti sn't PC for some people. It's tantamount to thowing a fit because you can't release ricin.

But hey, you know, fuck me and my pesky "facts". Dogma over reserach. Shame on me for suggesting there might be a scale here to understand before passing judgement. That isn't how these things play on the internets and the talk radio mentality.

Rant on.

I hear ya. And I'm reformed. I'm going to go up and down the kid's street mandating and demanding to people who live on his street that they cannot purchase peanut butter or any peanut products.
peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:12 pm

JB wrote:Some of these things aren't about itchy eyes. They are life treatening in a short time period. Iti sn't PC for some people. It's tantamount to thowing a fit because you can't release ricin.

Rant on.

How were these same peanut allergies handled years ago? The whole school was not prevented from eating peanut butter or peanuts, etc. Teachers were made aware of the situation. Epinephrine was on hand to be used and the teachers were trained.

I had a kid in my class at elementary school that had that allergy and that was the respond in 1988-89. The same school now has banned peanuts for ALL THE STUDENTS. If they get caught eating peanuts or peanut butter with their lunch they can be suspended. I still ate PB&J sandwiches back in my day and we ended up with no problems because the solution was to have all the kids wash their hands after lunch. Not a bad idea anyways.

There is so much overreaction and the honest assessment is it comes from schools scared of lawyers and threatening parents. It didn't happen here 20 years ago and the kid with the peanut allergy made it all the way through high school without a single incident in the schools and without the school banning peanut butter, peanuts, etc.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Unread postby jb » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:14 pm

Mr. MacPhisto wrote:
JB wrote:Some of these things aren't about itchy eyes. They are life treatening in a short time period. Iti sn't PC for some people. It's tantamount to thowing a fit because you can't release ricin.

Rant on.

How were these same peanut allergies handled years ago? The whole school was not prevented from eating peanut butter or peanuts, etc. Teachers were made aware of the situation. Epinephrine was on hand to be used and the teachers were trained.

I had a kid in my class at elementary school that had that allergy and that was the respond in 1988-89. The same school now has banned peanuts for ALL THE STUDENTS. If they get caught eating peanuts or peanut butter with their lunch they can be suspended. I still ate PB&J sandwiches back in my day and we ended up with no problems because the solution was to have all the kids wash their hands after lunch. Not a bad idea anyways.

Yep.

That's how they handled it w/ my son's wscholl. That and some extra cleaning, which is also never a bad idea.

But I ask again, does anyone actually know the severity of kid's reaction or we all just running to the un-PC card?

Some folks get stung by a bee, they swell up to a degree.

For other's is is life threatening.

I guess I always want to know where someling lands on the polemic. You seem like a guy big into research mac. Why doesn't that approach make sense.

Then again, I'm funny in the sense I'd have enough heart for a 9 year old to think that tem having to go to the epi pen after having a near death experience is a slightly bigger sacrifice than my kid not earing a PB sammich. I see myself as my brothers' keeper rather than everyone needs to be out for their own ass.

Then again, I'm not much of a christian anymore.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:39 pm

JB wrote:
Yep.

That's how they handled it w/ my son's wscholl. That and some extra cleaning, which is also never a bad idea.

But I ask again, does anyone actually know the severity of kid's reaction or we all just running to the un-PC card?

Some folks get stung by a bee, they swell up to a degree.

For other's is is life threatening.

I guess I always want to know where someling lands on the polemic. You seem like a guy big into research mac. Why doesn't that approach make sense.

Then again, I'm funny in the sense I'd have enough heart for a 9 year old to think that tem having to go to the epi pen after having a near death experience is a slightly bigger sacrifice than my kid not earing a PB sammich. I see myself as my brothers' keeper rather than everyone needs to be out for their own ass.

Then again, I'm not much of a christian anymore.

The kids are going to have to have an epi pen regardless. How do you think most of them found out they had a peanut allergy in the first place?

I've been around this stuff for years. Knew someone is school with an allergy. A good friend of the family also had the allergy. They found out because of a nasty reaction they had to peanuts in the past and both had epinephrine with them from then on. They still have an epi pen with them at all times and always make sure it is current. I've known people allergic to bee stings that do the same thing. They have both an epi pen and benadryl handy at all times because they know of the allergy.

The world at large is not going to ban peanut butter sandwiches or throw violators into jail, etc. for eating peanuts. It's just further sheltering and it causes resentment with the kids. How do you think the kids that love PB&J will feel and act towards the kid that caused them to no longer be able to eat that sandwich?

I need to call the Rays FO and try to get them to stop selling peanuts at the ball games on the off chance someone with an allergy might show up. Goodness, they could actually touch the cups or the seats or the floor.

Better get rid of the gluten foods on the off chance too. I'm sure someone is allergic to the hand soap in the bathrooms, so that should be removed too.

The best thing for a kid is to learn how to deal with this stuff from an early age. What do you think ends up happening to kids with juvenile diabetes? They have to grow up more quickly and learn to deal with it. It doesn't mean that teachers aren't informed and that no help surrounds them, but to argue for depriving other kids on just the chance of some kind of contact is ridiculous.

Making people aware is one thing but overreacting is another. I'm just waiting for milk and cheese to be banned because some kid loves them but is lactose intolerant. Pretty soon all the kids will be eating is saltines and water.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:54 pm

I've known people allergic to bee stings that do the same thing. They have both an epi pen and benadryl handy at all times because they know of the allergy.

A sharp school district would have banned bees. And maybe flowers too.

I want to know why schools are different than any other public place? Why doesn't the chinese restaurant have to remove kung pao chicken and anything made in peanut oil? Why doesn't the Dairy Queen down the street have to eliminate peanuts from sundaes and Peanut Butter Blizzards.

What about hte potato chips in kids lunches? Many are fried in peanut oil.

Did they take all juices, sodas and candy bars out of the schools where diabetics attended classes?

I have horrific grass and pollen allergies. Like asthma inducing bad. Should I have expected the schools where I went to remove all the lawns and trees? What about now? Can I expect my neighbors to tear up their lawns, gardens and trees so I'm a bit less uncomfortable and able to breathe freely?

C'mon. I understand the point-counter-point, contrarion role and its value to the boards.

But 589 kids can't eat what they like to eat and are able to eat because one kid has an allergy?

Make one room a 'no peanut zone' and invite any kids w/o PB&J to eat with the kid, etc.

The entire school and everyone in it?

That's really where we want to go? What if the little hump also is allergic to yeast. No bread too? I ain't saying you don't take precautions. Clean the cafeteria before it turns back into the gym later in the day. But you don't %$#@ everyone else because one kid is %^&$ed up.

Dude, what if one cat in your section at CBS was allergic to alcohol? :eek: :o :-o
peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:03 pm

Peeker643 wrote:I want to know why schools are different than any other public place? Why doesn't the chinese restaurant have to remove kung pao chicken and anything made in peanut oil? Why doesn't the Dairy Queen down the street have to eliminate peanuts from sundaes and Peanut Butter Blizzards.

What about hte potato chips in kids lunches? Many are fried in peanut oil.

And everything at Chik-fil-A is fried in peanut oil. Maybe time to get rid of them.

Did they take all juices, sodas and candy bars out of the schools where diabetics attended classes?

I have horrific grass and pollen allergies. Like asthma inducing bad. Should I have expected the schools where I went to remove all the lawns and trees? What about now? Can I expect my neighbors to tear up their lawns, gardens and trees so I'm a bit less uncomfortable and able to breathe freely?

You need to find a good attorney to take care of that for you. ;)
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:38 pm

I guess that's the difference in perspective JB. Here, I'm being a selfish, heartless asshole looking out for the 519 kids who don't have a problem while you're playing brother's keeper for that 1 in 520 who does.

And here I thought I was being brother's keeper for 99.9% of the kids. What a kick in the nuts to learn it's completely the opposite of that.

The poor chick with asthma, congestive heart failure and no legs doesn't get picked to dance much either. Should probably call off the prom.
peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby idoctribefan » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:09 pm

General wrote:I am allergic to fire ants...go right into respiratory distress. Have so far failed to win a judgement against the Lord for creating them...but when I mow the lawn down here I look like some kind of nut with knee high rubber boots, rubber banded at the calf, long sleeves, long pants, towel on my neck (when the little bastards fall out of trees on me),hat, gloves...Just can't see paying someone $75 to cut my grass, yet.

Back on topic though, Spock would say we are an illogical bunch, "...the needs of the few outweigh the needs of the many".

Maybe we should have peanut free magnet schools.

Those sons of bitches. I'm allergic to them as well. Almost died when I was 8 yrs old.
"And three of the better guys in franchise history, Daugherty, Z and now Kyrie could get hurt in a rubber room full of cotton balls." - Leadpipe
idoctribefan

Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: #6

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:18 pm

General wrote:

Are you insinuating that JB is Captain Kirk? Man, I wish I could get some hot alien tail like he does.

;)
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Re: Ef Him in His Watery, Itchy Eyes....

Unread postby winker » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:12 am

Peeker643 wrote:Because the this genetic fucknut can't eat peanuts it means no one can.

What a stupid thing to say. There certainly would be several BETTER ways for the school to handle the situation. But, to insult the little kid for something that he has no control over, is asinine.

Just wondering, do you consider blind, deaf, retarded, or people with birth defects, "genetic fucknuts' too?
winker

Favorite Player: Jim
Least Favorite Player: Mike

Re: Ef Him in His Watery, Itchy Eyes....

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:16 am

winker wrote:
Peeker643 wrote:Because the this genetic fucknut can't eat peanuts it means no one can.

What a stupid thing to say. There certainly would be several BETTER ways for the school to handle the situation. But, to insult the little kid for something that he has no control over, is asinine.

Just wondering, do you consider blind, deaf, retarded, or people with birth defects, "genetic fucknuts' too?

Lemme apologize to him. What did I say his/her name was now?

STFU and try and take the post for what it was. Everyone else figured it out a week a go when it was relevant.

Just wondering, do you consider blind, deaf, retarded, or people with birth defects, "genetic fucknuts' too

Yes. Anyone differing from the norm is a genetic fucknut and should be put to death or at least separated from the herd. That's what the point was.

Clearly.
peeker643
Duly Noted

Return to No Holds Barred