Text Size

No Holds Barred

The Palin Factor

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:12 am

WarAdmiral wrote:It's over. I got an email from my aunt, who is very, very conservative. They have Obama admitting he is a Muslim. I can't believe it, but I seen it with my own eyes, and doesn't look like it was a camera trick.

I had convinced her a couple of months ago that he was of Christian faith, and now she is rubbing it in, that she was right, and I was wrong. I give up. Gonna pick up hunting, and maybe start a church.

He didn't admit he was Muslim. That clip was taken out of context. Obama was talking about the rumors circulating about him that he's actually Muslim. His reference to his "Muslim faith" seemed to me to be a reference to his alleged Muslim faith. The big problem is that Stephanopoulos corrected him and he didn't articulate what he was trying to say very well.

This will be used against him and I find that unfortunate. It was a bit of a gaffe on his part and he should know to be very careful about what he says when discussing that stuff, but what he was saying was hardly much of anything.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby fundamentals » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:33 am

Here is a link to Obama's misquote:

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2008/se ... s-critics/
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby jfiling » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:35 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeDoJUagwW4[/youtube]

I really dislike Obama, but anyone stupid enough to use this as a reason to vote for McCain needs to be taken out back and shot.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Unread postby Stu » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:35 am

thanks fundamentals.

this is a non-story.
Stu

Favorite Player: Eric Wedge
Least Favorite Player: Swerb

Unread postby fundamentals » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:04 am

Stu wrote:thanks fundamentals.

this is a non-story.

I don't disagree. It should be a non-story, but it won't be, in my opinion. I didn't think McCain stood a chance to win this election two months ago. It seems to be a new ballgame at this point.
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:48 pm

jfiling wrote:
I really dislike Obama, but anyone stupid enough to use this as a reason to vote for McCain needs to be taken out back and shot.

Some will latch onto it and claim that it's a Freudian slip. I think that's a load of bollocks. He was talking about attacks on him for being Muslim and just misspoke. It seems to me that his train of thought was going towards referencing attacks that he's Muslim.

I don't think it really negatively impacts him because the 20% of Americans that apparently think he maintains Muslim ties were probably not going to vote for him anyways. It does negatively impact him if he continually misspeaks. He has had some doozies that have not been heavily covered, like suggesting last weak that the average income for Americans grew by an average of $75,000 per yer per household under Clinton. That's obviously not true and was either made as a fabrication or just another moment of misspeaking.

If gaffes pile up for him then he will be in trouble because it will cause voters to question whether they want to vote for a guy that continually makes mistakes like that - though it didn't lose for Bush, so who knows?
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:59 am

More women in Colorado getting interested in shooting and hunting because of Palin.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoIdhCL928I[/youtube]
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Unread postby projectmayhem » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:10 am

Mr. MacPhisto wrote:More women in Colorado getting interested in shooting and hunting because of Palin.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoIdhCL928I[/youtube]

holy shit... their news actually makes republicans look like people??

wow.
projectmayhem

Favorite Player: Grady Sizemore
Least Favorite Player: Tim Tebow

Previous

Return to No Holds Barred