Text Size

No Holds Barred

Rock Hall Annex in NY

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Rock Hall Annex in NY

Unread postby BDFD » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:04 pm

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2008/08/rock_and_roll_hall_of_fame_and_1.html

LeBron, Rock Hall... anything else? Before you know it, we are going to have the annex. I'm not buying anything that they said about not stealing the Rock Hall from Cleveland. They are probably redesigning it to eventually hold dinosaur bones or sculptures. Heck, why not send the Pro Football HoF there as well. NY is a bigger market in case you haven't been reminded in the past day. To me, it's already a kick in the jimmy that the induction ceromonies historically are not held here.

No offense (as someone is about to get offended), but I deal with the stereotypical NY salesperson pretty much on a daily basis and I think they are a bunch of douches. Their sense of entitlement, especially to someone that does not have one, is comical but at the same time alarming. 'Ugly American' defined. I'm sure there are plenty of good souls in NYC but I rarely do I deal with one.

In case you can't tell, I'm sick of hearing about NY in general. Anyone hear about what Joba had for dinner last night? Really, nothing to do with NYers wanting a piece of anything good we have going for us here in Cleveland but I just had to get that all off my chest. </rant>
BDFD

Favorite Player: Nuke LaLoosh
Least Favorite Player: Duke Temple

Re: Rock Hall Annex in NY

Unread postby SteelersStillSuck » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:47 pm

Can't we trade the museum for the New York Islanders or something (I want a Hockey team really bad.)? The Hall is sort of a joke if you're a fan of Rock N' Roll, I respect some of the real artists in there from Buddy Holly to AC/DC, but my god, Why put someone like Martha and the Vandellas in the thing? Anyone else catch the one year Van Halen was inducted and Eddie wasn't even there. It's a joke.
Swerb wrote:Tough to win when you have the worst head coach in the league and a QB that stares into his fridge every morning for a half hour cause the orange juice says "concentrate" on it.

Woody Hayes wrote:Without winners, there wouldn't even be any god damned civilization."
SteelersStillSuck

Unread postby Stolliosis » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:03 pm

Why put someone like Martha and the Vandellas in the thing?

Because "Heat Wave" is an awesome song.
Stolliosis

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:18 pm

Rock Hall intern right here.

This is an attempt to get more people to come to Cleveland and see the actual Museum. Perfect timing too, considering the induction ceremony is taking place in our fine city next year. Woohoo!
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Favorite Player: Federer
Least Favorite Player: Anything Boston

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:36 pm

Bill the Butcher wrote:Rock Hall intern right here.

This is an attempt to get more people to come to Cleveland and see the actual Museum. Perfect timing too, considering the induction ceremony is taking place in our fine city next year. Woohoo!

About bloody time they brought the inductions back to C-Town.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby SteelersStillSuck » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:44 pm

Bill the Butcher wrote:Rock Hall intern right here.

they brought it back here?

At least they're starting to get it right. ;)

Now if they induct Rush, Alice Cooper and Kiss..things will be better.
Swerb wrote:Tough to win when you have the worst head coach in the league and a QB that stares into his fridge every morning for a half hour cause the orange juice says "concentrate" on it.

Woody Hayes wrote:Without winners, there wouldn't even be any god damned civilization."
SteelersStillSuck

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:06 pm

It's not here permanently. They're having it every three years here, hoping it'll give the city of Cleveland a pick up (which I think it will). I see it gradually going to every two years, then one, and before you know it, here for good.
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Favorite Player: Federer
Least Favorite Player: Anything Boston

Unread postby Apex777 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:22 pm

I believe that eventually the entire Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame will move to NYC. Why? Because some jerks in NYC feel they ARE the BIG MARKET and everybody else is just peanuts. . . :? :-? :???:
Imagination is more important than knowledge. . .Einstein
Apex777

Return to No Holds Barred