Text Size

No Holds Barred

"You Know What Really Grinds My Gears..."

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Unread postby leadpipe » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:12 pm

Keeping it sports related, the tool that turns his back on the game for the sole purpose of trying to implore others to "get off your ass" and cheer.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:53 pm

People who think Jeff Dunham's "Achmed the Dead Terrorist" is the funniest, most genius stand-up comedy skit ever.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go[/youtube]

"Silence... I kill you!" Okay, we get it. Shut up.
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Favorite Player: Federer
Least Favorite Player: Anything Boston

Unread postby CarolinaTribe » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:38 pm

I made it to the 3 minute mark. That is awful.
CarolinaTribe

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:39 pm

I know, right. It's. Not. Funny.
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Unread postby SteelersStillSuck » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:38 pm

Bill the Butcher wrote:People who think Jeff Dunham's "Achmed the Dead Terrorist" is the funniest, most genius stand-up comedy skit ever.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go[/youtube]

"Silence... I kill you!" Okay, we get it. Shut up.

A guy I used to know whos a Stools fan was obsessed about how funny he is and all these other crappy comedians. :roll :roll: . The guys a tool to say the least.

I don't understand why people think crap like that is funny.
Swerb wrote:Tough to win when you have the worst head coach in the league and a QB that stares into his fridge every morning for a half hour cause the orange juice says "concentrate" on it.

Woody Hayes wrote:Without winners, there wouldn't even be any god damned civilization."
SteelersStillSuck

Unread postby CarolinaTribe » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:03 am

Has anyone seen that DirectTV commercial? It's a 60 second spot. There is a VERY boring woman who says something like, "60 seconds. That's all the time I have to tell you about DirectTV."

They actually put a timer on the bottom right of the screen, counting down 60 seconds. This can't be good advertising(yes, I know I'm bringing it up.) The timer assures me that I can change the channel for at least 60 seconds and not miss anything important.
CarolinaTribe

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:11 am

Haha. That commercial does suck.
Bill the Butcher

Unread postby CarolinaTribe » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:39 pm

You know what really grinds my gears...

When people spell my name wrong in response to my e-mails. My name is Gregg. When I signed the previous e-mail, I didn't spell my name wrong. There are two G's. Really. Don't respond and say "Dear Greg:" I wouldn't bitch about this if it didn't happen SO many times.
CarolinaTribe

Unread postby General » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:59 pm

CarolinaTribe wrote:You know what really grinds my gears...

When people spell my name wrong in response to my e-mails. My name is Gregg. When I signed the previous e-mail, I didn't spell my name wrong. There are two G's. Really. Don't respond and say "Dear Greg:" I wouldn't bitch about this if it didn't happen SO many times.

Lighten up Greg :lol:

Seriously, I am with you on any misspellings given that there is spell check available. I get it them all the time at work from my friggin' so called seniors.
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:42 pm

how about this one for really grinding my gears. So I am on the train yesterday coming home from work and in walks 3 teens and what appears to be their younger sister. The kid starts talking very loudly and here is what he said "so I grab the sheets and they reek like p****, man I told that b**** that I was going to f*** her good and blow my load all up inside her... blah blah blah. He is talking so everyone on the train can hear his every word, children, elderly, women. I wanted to beat his ass right there. I dont understand how some people/children have a complete lack of appropriateness. It was disgusting. I certainly have crude conversations with my friends but never in front of the general public.

Second to that is when I am on the train and there is someone trying to be the funny guy who talks all the time. I rode the Megabus from Chicago to Cleveland one time and it took all I had not to strangle the "funny guy" sitting in front of me who talked nonstop...
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:59 am

Kurt Cobain being ranked 12th on the list of Greatest Guitarists by Rolling Stone.

12? Are you kidding me? Oh yeah, and Jack White from the White Stripes was ranked 17th.

P.S. -- Eddie Van Halen ranked 70th. 70th!!! Brian May ranked 39th. Blasphemy. Where's Peter Frampton? Eric Johnson?

http://www.listology.com/content_show.c ... nt_id.9691
Bill the Butcher

Unread postby CarolinaTribe » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:23 am

A customer is sitting at the chair in front of my desk and he's been talking on the phone for twenty minutes. Am I supposed to just sit here and wait for him to finish? This is griding my gears.
CarolinaTribe

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:33 am

Hahaha, where exactly do you work? Sounds like a car dealership or maybe a job placement center?
Bill the Butcher

Unread postby CarolinaTribe » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:35 am

Nationwide Insurance.

He finally gets off the phone, and then continues babbling about trying to file a claim. He gives me his name and everything, and finally I'm just like, "Pal, I can't find your policy anywhere."

I ask him if he's sure he set it up here, and if he is sure he is with Nationwide.

Says the "customer":

"Nationwide? I thought this was State Farm!"
CarolinaTribe

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:38 am

Human beings are stupid creatures.

Intelligent? Far from it.
Bill the Butcher

Previous

Return to No Holds Barred