Text Size

No Holds Barred

San Francisco Hippies are Funny

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

San Francisco Hippies are Funny

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:47 am

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080718/ap_ ... al_putdown

It isnt really a joke, but I find it hilarious... I even voted for the man, twice. I am laughing at them that they are actually putting this on the ballot and then laughing again at the general petty partisan-ness (is that a word?) that is over running the country right now. I hear has President Bush actually is a pretty funny man, wouldn't it be great if he showed up and did a ribbon cutting ceremony.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby swerb » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:06 am

I love visiting San Francisco, actually have another business trip there in the fall. A gorgeous city, a lot to do, with great eats and the awesome Anchor Steam brewery there. And it's a great city to walk.

But you couldn't pay me 500k a year to live there. It's the most liberal city in America, with absolutely no middle class. If there were organized statistics on it, San Fran would lead all major American cities in rich snobby elitest hybrid driving a-holes, and also bums in the street. The streets of San Fran are absolutely littered with homeless people.

And the weather is crazy out there.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby jfiling » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:34 pm

Swerb wrote:I love visiting San Francisco, actually have another business trip there in the fall. A gorgeous city, a lot to do, with great eats and the awesome Anchor Steam brewery there. And it's a great city to walk.

But you couldn't pay me 500k a year to live there. It's the most liberal city in America, with absolutely no middle class. If there were organized statistics on it, San Fran would lead all major American cities in rich snobby elitest hybrid driving a-holes, and also bums in the street. The streets of San Fran are absolutely littered with homeless people.

And the weather is crazy out there.

You didn't mention any cool stuff like this:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 577&sn=004

It turns out that BART shut them off many months ago because of complaints that homeless people had employed the small drinking fountain for other uses, including personal hygiene. BART has no plans to reopen the fountain, which is in one of the city's busiest shoppings areas. "They were not using it for its intended purpose," said BART spokesman Linton Johnson, who was politely nonspecific about how the fountain was used. But a veteran beat cop said people used the fountain to wash up, to rinse out syringes and even to urinate. "That wasn't popular with all those tourists and shoppers from Union Square," said the officer, who asked not to be named.

That city is a hell-hole, and the only way people outside of it will care about it is if the big earthquake finally sinks it. They actually pay homeless people to live there, if you can believe that.

http://www.csmonitor.com/2002/0305/p01s02-uspo.html
For example, while most municipalities offer benefits to the homeless in the form of a small cash stipend and other benefits such as vouchers or shelter beds, San Francisco still gives about one-third of its homeless population its benefits all in cash - as much as $395 a month.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Unread postby Hi Oktane » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:55 pm

Swerb wrote:It's the most liberal city in America.

Remind me to introduce you to Yellow Springs, Ohio when you're down my way next. :eek :shock:
"At least the Scots didn't have to tune in with the rest of the country and watch their women get plowed by Longshanks and his men."
~Commodore Perry on the difference between baseball's flawed economics : Indians :: prima nocta : Scots
Hi Oktane
TPS Report Grader

Favorite Player: Brother Red
Least Favorite Player: IHS

Return to No Holds Barred