Text Size

No Holds Barred

Okay, I'm sorry...

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Okay, I'm sorry...

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:57 pm

...if this makes me seem ignorant, evil, and just a bad person in general, but...

Who here is sick of hearing news about the Jon Benet Ramsey case even after (more than?) a decade after it happened?

We're probably never going to resolve that. Just let it go, people.
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Favorite Player: Federer
Least Favorite Player: Anything Boston

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:18 pm

No, its cool. I am with you. What makes her case any different than any of the other cases like this. I couldnt care less about this than I do titletown on sportscenter.

btw - Cleveland already has non-titletown locked up
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby CarolinaTribe » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:26 pm

Ziner wrote:No, its cool. I am with you. What makes her case any different than any of the other cases like this. I couldnt care less about this than I do titletown on sportscenter.

What about the "Who's Now" segment?
CarolinaTribe

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:47 pm

CarolinaTribe wrote:
Ziner wrote:No, its cool. I am with you. What makes her case any different than any of the other cases like this. I couldnt care less about this than I do titletown on sportscenter.

What about the "Who's Now" segment?

Who's now was worse by a mile
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby BDFD » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:48 pm

They keep digging up old stuff like this because they know someone (a bleeding heart) will always watch it/click on it. I'm with you.
BDFD

Favorite Player: Nuke LaLoosh
Least Favorite Player: Duke Temple

Unread postby jfiling » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:52 pm

I think it's nice that the story that her parents are innocent deserves attention, seeing as how so many people were convinced of their guilt. I wonder if Matt Stone and Trey Parker will apologize.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:36 pm

If you put your 4 year old in a beauty contest, you gotta be guilty of something.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:20 pm

Lead Pipe wrote:If you put your 4 year old in a beauty contest, you gotta be guilty of something.

I was about to say something about that.

Stage parents are terrible. Just sickening. Anybody seen Little Miss Sunshine? I love that film, but the part when they're at the actual competition and saw the other girls there... I wanted to throw up.
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Favorite Player: Federer
Least Favorite Player: Anything Boston

Unread postby jfiling » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:48 pm

Point taken, Pipe. I was, of course, referring to the matter of the murder, not the fact that they were shitty parents.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:58 pm

Bill the Butcher wrote:
Lead Pipe wrote:If you put your 4 year old in a beauty contest, you gotta be guilty of something.

I was about to say something about that.

Stage parents are terrible. Just sickening. Anybody seen Little Miss Sunshine? I love that film, but the part when they're at the actual competition and saw the other girls there... I wanted to throw up.

So, peeker643 and I are in Vegas with the wives. We just finished eating and we head to the restroom. Guys take 10 seconds, girls 10 minutes as I'm sure you're aware. Well, long story short, Peeker and I walk out of the can right into a lobby where one of these contests just happens to be in intermission. Number one, you clouldn't feel like more of a pervert, two guys standing against the wall as these "contestants" mill around. But Christ on a pony, the Mothers of these girls looking each other up and down. Each mother dressed 20 years younger than they should. The make-up on these little girls. Parading them into the bathroom for a blush makeover, and probably a quick gag session. Holy Christ. As pathetic a scene as I've ever witnessed.

If you are entering your kid in a beauty pageant, it ain't for the kid, it's for you.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Return to No Holds Barred