Text Size

No Holds Barred

17 Pregnant Teens.

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

17 Pregnant Teens.

Unread postby SteelersStillSuck » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:25 am

Gloucester Teens Had Pact To Get Pregnant
Keller Blog: Kids Having Kids
GLOUCESTER, Mass. (WBZ) ― There's a stunning twist to the sudden rise in teen pregnancies at Gloucester High School. Seventeen students there are expecting and many of them became that way on purpose.

Time Magazine first reported that nearly half of the girls confessed to making a pact to get pregnant and raise their babies together. None of them is older than 16.

Schools Superintendent Christopher Farmer told WBZ's Bill Shields Thursday the girls had "an agreement to get pregnant."

Farmer said these are generally "girls who lack self-esteem and have a lack of love in their life."

"The common threat is the lack of self-esteem and purpose in life, and a lack of a sense of direction," said Farmer. "Young women wanting and needing affection."

Principal Joseph Sullivan has not returned calls from WBZ for comment.

Sullivan told the magazine that the pact wasn't the only shocking incident.

"We found out one of the fathers is a 24-year-old homeless guy," he told Time.

Last month, two top officials at the high school's health center resigned in a fight over contraceptives distribution.

Medical Director Dr. Brian Orr and chief nurse practitioner Kim Daly support confidentially giving contraceptives to students. They were outraged about resistance from Addison Gilbert Hospital, which administers the state public health grant that funds the school clinic.

Normally, the school has about four pregnancies per school year.

According to Time, school officials started looking into the spike in pregnancies after an unusual number of girls came to the school clinic for pregnancy tests. Some came by several times.

"Some girls seemed more upset when they weren't pregnant than when they were," Sullivan told the magazine.

The pregnant girls and their parents turned down requests to be interviewed.

A recent graduate who had a baby during her freshman year told Time she knows why the girls wanted to get pregnant.

"They're so excited to finally have someone to love them unconditionally," Amanda Ireland, 18, said. "I try to explain it's hard to feel loved when an infant is screaming to be fed at 3 a.m."

Ireland also spoke with WBZ about her young pregnancy.

"I don't call it a mistake because the way I look at is everything happens for a reason," Ireland said. "But, no, she was not planned."

Ireland will soon become the godmother to her 17-year-old friend's baby boy. Kyla Brown is one of the school's 17 pregnant girls. She says her pregnancy was not planned. Her baby is due in mid-September.

WBZ has also tried to contact Mayor Carolyn Kirk and Public Health Director Jack Vondras. Both are said to be out of town this week.

Beyond the social implications of the pregnancies, there are some legal questions being asked, including whether the men who fathered the babies will face charges of statutory rape.

http://wbztv.com/local/gloucester.high. ... 51873.html

UGH. Can't believe how stupid High Schoolers can be. I have my own personal story.

There was this pretty girl at my High School and she was dating this semi-goth burnout type of kid. Her parents didn't like him or so I'm being told. So what'd she do? Get pregnant "so they could be together forever".
Swerb wrote:Tough to win when you have the worst head coach in the league and a QB that stares into his fridge every morning for a half hour cause the orange juice says "concentrate" on it.

Woody Hayes wrote:Without winners, there wouldn't even be any god damned civilization."
SteelersStillSuck

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:14 pm

"We found out one of the fathers is a 24-year-old homeless guy," he told Time.

Super Duper. :roll :roll:
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"

Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:41 pm

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

At least none were raped? That's a plus, right?
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Favorite Player: Federer
Least Favorite Player: Anything Boston

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:53 pm

Where were the girls like that when I went to high school....

sorry I couldnt resist
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:12 pm

Ziner wrote:Where were the girls like that when I went to high school....

sorry I couldnt resist

I always say that anytime I see a headline about a hot teacher having a relationship with her student. Where were those teachers when I was in school? DAMN IT!!!
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:21 pm

Bill the Butcher wrote:
Ziner wrote:Where were the girls like that when I went to high school....

sorry I couldnt resist

I always say that anytime I see a headline about a hot teacher having a relationship with her student. Where were those teachers when I was in school? DAMN IT!!!

I'd have been happy with my fellow classmates putting out... but I am with you. There is no way I would ever let them press charges, no crime would be committed if I were involved.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:32 pm

Stupid kids blowing the whistle. But then again, think about how many of these relations are going on in the States and the kid is actually smart about it whereas it doesn't get exposed by the media. Lucky bastard... smart and lucky bastard. I'm depressed now.
Bill the Butcher

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:04 pm

And 90% of the time it is a hot teacher who is preying on a shy, dorky kid.... AND I WAS A SHY AND DORKY KID!!!!

SHIT!!!!
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:29 pm

Hahahaha.
Bill the Butcher

Unread postby mswerb » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:55 pm

This is exactly why I told my 4 year old daughter she is not alowed to get any older.
mswerb
Carolina Junkie

Favorite Player: MJ
Least Favorite Player: Anyone from DOOK

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:58 pm

I feel for you, man. I know in the next couple of years the wife and I will start expanding the family and crap like this is scary. Freaking ridiculous.

PS - Will we ever finish this damned baseball game? The radar doesn't look too good for getting this thing in tonight. And tomorrow, it'll be "Hello Mr White". I'm not feeling too good about this.

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:03 pm

What would have made this better is all 17 getting pregnant by the same guy. He would be a legend.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:07 pm

What would have made this better is all 17 getting pregnant by the same guy. He would be a legend.

You think they would all take Watt's last name? How would that work?

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:09 pm

Bayou Tribe wrote:You think they would all take Watt's last name? How would that work?

I may be wrong, but I believe that unless a form of paternity is signed, the kid has to take the mother's name if it is born out of wedlock.

That said, who wouldn't want the last name Watt?
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby mrburns » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:38 pm

Hey, 17! That's Sipe's and Edwards' number! Those kids are going to tear up the gridiron. Hell, if there are enough boys, they can field their own squad.
mrburns

Favorite Player: Rusty Branyan
Least Favorite Player: Rapist QBs

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:22 am

Skating Tripods wrote:What would have made this better is all 17 getting pregnant by the same guy. He would be a legend.

I figured it would be too cold in Mass. for Shawn Kemp, guess not.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby jb » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:05 pm

Skating Tripods wrote:What would have made this better is all 17 getting pregnant by the same guy. He would be a legend.

Yeah, but its expensive.

Sincerely,

Shawn and Evander
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Guest » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:20 pm

Hello, Welfare?

We've got 17 more for ya.

Unread postby General » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:45 pm

Single Mothers? Does The Crazy Horse have a vo-ed program?
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Unread postby jfiling » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:30 pm

There is already doubt being cast on the sensationalistic aspect of this story.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/region ... id=1102906

This is like the Canton Timken pregnancy explosion of a few years ago. Sometimes it just happens.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Return to No Holds Barred