Text Size

No Holds Barred

Holy Fucking Shit

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Holy Fucking Shit

Unread postby swerb » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:34 pm

My wifes grandfather, a man near and dear to my heart, passed away this weekend. Coming home from the wake tonight, an enormous deer darted out in front of my wifes Honda Pliot, which I was driving, and slammed into us.

We got lucky as hell.

I had just got off the 615 exit on 90, and made a left towards my home. Four lane road, I was in the left of the two lanes heading north.

I saw the antlers literally a split second before impact, and had no time to react. The deer smashed into the front passenger side of the SUV, and almost hit a lady who was probably 6-7 car lenghts behind me in the right (curb) lane.

The Pilot took the impact beautifully. When we got it, the salesman trotted out all these crash test stats ... which I brushed off as BS to help sell the vehicle. Then I saw a Dateline report that confirmed it. Despite completely destroying the whole front right corner of the SUV, it took the impact very well. I swerved left, but not much, and caught myself. We never even stopped.

We called the cops from my wifes cell, then continued home, which was just another mile or two down the road. They met us there about 10 minutes after we got home. The deer was fucking gone! Survived I guess. Or limped elsewhere to its death. Blood all over the windshield.

SUV probably has 4-5k in damage, at least. We couldn't open the glove. Front hood bent up, front passenger side corner destroyed, quarter panel damaged bad. Insurance should cover all of it minus a small deductible.

Even though we weren't hurt, was lucky to not have my 11 month old son in the car. He was staying at my moms tonight since we gotta go back for the service tomorrow. Had we been in my little Mitsubishi Diamante, it would have been ugly. Nearly all the impact damage was waist high or higher ... which means that sunamabitch woulda been in the windshield were we comandeering my little rice burner.

Jesus H ... what a friggin day.

This bottle of Black Opal Cabernet has no chance tonight.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Guest » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:36 pm

Glad you guys are OK
6-6-06

Unread postby swerb » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:38 pm

Thanks Spoon. And wow, I just realized/remembered today was 6/6/6.

No evil though ... really believe someone was looking out for us there.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby mswerb » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:42 pm

Definately glad to see you are O.K. As for your ride, it will never be the same.
mswerb
Carolina Junkie

Favorite Player: MJ
Least Favorite Player: Anyone from DOOK

Return to No Holds Barred