Text Size

No Holds Barred

You guys in Ohio have a real voice this primary season!

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

You guys in Ohio have a real voice this primary season!

Unread postby Lokais » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:20 pm

So please, do your part and educate yourselves on the candidates. And get out there and vote when it is time! In this primary, every vote really DOES seem to count.

Obama '08!
Lokais

Unread postby skatingtripods » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:34 pm

It's likely that we may decide the election again as well.

I really don't care anymore, because McCain is the clear cut frontrunner and that's the only party I care about.

For Dems, Ohio is enormous.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:44 pm

Skating Tripods wrote:It's likely that we may decide the election again as well.

I really don't care anymore, because McCain is the clear cut frontrunner and that's the only party I care about.

For Dems, Ohio is enormous.

This is how it went in 2004. Columbus and Cleveland are Democrat strongholds but the rural areas and Cinci are pure GOP. The Dems HAVE to get the black voters in Cinci to comeout in droves if Obama is the cannidate they have a good chance. I believe the Columbus Dispatch (the best newspaper in Ohio) has already endorsed Obama and Mccain.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby skatingtripods » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:51 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:This is how it went in 2004. Columbus and Cleveland are Democrat strongholds but the rural areas and Cinci are pure GOP. The Dems HAVE to get the black voters in Cinci to comeout in droves if Obama is the cannidate they have a good chance. I believe the Columbus Dispatch (the best newspaper in Ohio) has already endorsed Obama and Mccain.

Obama needs to reach out more to labor unions and factory workers to do well in Ohio. Undoubtedly the black vote will be out in droves. Lots of colleges means lots of votes for Obama there too.

The problem for him will be the independents and moderates. With the GOP race essentially decided by March 4, Obama needs to strongly cement his position in Ohio with them.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:01 pm

Your right about Obama and the unions. Alot of the unions were very pro Edwards so his endorsement could be huge with the people you mentioned. Mayor Coleman has been rallying alot of support for Obama among black business owners. I would like to see a McCain/Obama election it would be a incredibly close vote I still feel the GOP has a slight advantage.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby buckeyefan78 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:13 pm

Culturally speaking, Ohio is a southern state. We haven't voted for a Yankee Dem since 1964 (LBJ).

The problem is the base that voted Dem in Ohio has been shrinking rapidly since the collapse of industry in the late 70s.

Clinton/Obama will win Mahoning (Y-Town), Trumbull (Warren), Cuyahoga (Cleveland), Lucas (Toledo), Summit (Akron) for the old labor guard and then ya throw in Athens for the ultra-liberal kiddies at OU.

Maybe another county or two...but that's it.

GOP by 100,000+ in Ohio come November.
buckeyefan78

Return to No Holds Barred