Text Size

No Holds Barred

Interesting Candidate Quiz

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Interesting Candidate Quiz

Unread postby municipalmutt » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:58 pm

http://www.wqad.com/Global/link.asp?L=259460

The question about illegal immigration is misleading since they phrase it as your position on immigration not illegal immigration.

My stance on this one issue is the sticking point for me. My answer was:

I favor stiff fines for employers who hire illegal immigrants, a security fence along the border, and a denial of citizenship to children born here of parents who are in the U.S. illegally. I oppose any form of amnesty.

I also checked the highest importance box on this question. I also tried taking the quiz several times with the other issues checked as of no importance to me.

There is not a single candidate with these views out of the lot. My result showed McCain as my candidate even though he is the polar opposite of my position on illegal immigration. What I find interesting is that the American people flooded their representative's in-boxes last year when amnesty was being ramrodded through congress. The vast majority of Americans spoke out on this single issue and I am appalled that there is not one political candidate with a hard stance on this issue.

The media is also beginning to alter perceived reality with their terminology by using the term "immigration" instead of the correct term "illegal immigration" as if anyone has a problem with law abiding people coming here legally.

They are blurring the lines on this issue and there is an agenda here that both sides are perpetrating on us. Adding a permanent lower class of 21 million unskilled, uneducated laborers who refuse to assimilate by learning our language and culture to this country will be disastrous to our economy, health care system, and prisons. IMO.
municipalmutt

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:04 pm

muni I took that quiz (and you know my feelings on immigration and illegal immigration) and IMO the quiz is very flawed and quite inaccurate.

It tells me Huckabee and Romney are the top two candidates based on my answers, with Ron Paul being 6th.

However when looking at Ron Pauls's real views on immigration and Iraq and taxes I am much more inline with him as a candidate than any other by far.

IMO the choice of how important the issue on this quiz sways the results either too much or too little. I only checked very important on one ?, the immigration one, and that is the issue in which I am most agreement with Ron Paul's actual stance.

To be honest I don't think I've even considered voting for Huckabee or Romney at this point.

Thanks for posting it but IMO it is a garbage quiz.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby municipalmutt » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:11 am

FUDU wrote:Thanks for posting it but IMO it is a garbage quiz.

Psst. That was the whole point.
municipalmutt

Return to No Holds Barred