Text Size

No Holds Barred

Edwards Done

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Edwards Done

Unread postby swerb » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:17 am

Announcement at 1 .... will be interesting to see who, if anyone, he supports. Is it possible Hillary or Obama would offer this fruitcake Attorney General or even (gasp) VP to endorse the campaign, help stump for them into the convention?
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: Edwards Done

Unread postby skatingtripods » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:30 am

Swerb wrote:Announcement at 1 .... will be interesting to see who, if anyone, he supports. Is it possible Hillary or Obama would offer this fruitcake Attorney General or even (gasp) VP to endorse the campaign, help stump for them into the convention?

From everything I'm hearing, Obama and his genius campaign idiots are thinking about adding another minority, the female governor of Kansas, to be on his ticket as the VP if he were to be nominated.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby ProgRocker » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:22 pm

Swerb wrote:Announcement at 1 .... will be interesting to see who, if anyone, he supports. Is it possible Hillary or Obama would offer this fruitcake Attorney General or even (gasp) VP to endorse the campaign, help stump for them into the convention?

First, Edwards is no fruitcake. He's a man of honor who has done an enormous amount of good and was the only person on either side of the aisle to make poverty an issue in this race. You can be partisan about his record and apparently you want to, but that doesn't change the facts of his record. He'd make an awesome A.G., and given the men who have occupied and, in my opinion, desecrated that office under Bush, we need someone who would be that pro-labor and anti-conglomerate.

As for the race, it's a little surprising he's leaving now unless he either rant out of money or there are more health problems with his wife (which they're denying). And on the whole, I have to think it'll help Obama a little bit more.

(BTW, no way Obama picks Sibelius from KS for Veep; with Edwards stepping out, my first guess would be Richardson - especially if Richardson endorses Obama this weekend. Another name that's rattling around is Jim Webb from VA, who would be quite a counterweight to McCain.)
ProgRocker

Unread postby skatingtripods » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:08 pm

Edwards is smart for dropping out of this race before he gets attacked so much that he turns off to the party as a whole.

The hail of shit flying around the Democratic nomination would be too much for a lot of people to handle. Maybe he'll go sue some more health care providers so he can get back on the horse in 2012.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby pup » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:42 pm

I could care less about this topic, but I need to nominate Tripods sig line for use on the front page quotes section. That is classic.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby skatingtripods » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:45 pm

Pup wrote:I could care less about this topic, but I need to nominate Tripods sig line for use on the front page quotes section. That is classic.

Thank you, sir.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby swerb » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:49 pm

Skating Tripods wrote:
Pup wrote:I could care less about this topic, but I need to nominate Tripods sig line for use on the front page quotes section. That is classic.

Thank you, sir.

I'm pissed at Hornsby. Just went 2-17 for me in a 3-1 series loss in the first round of the playoffs in a Strat ATG league. Hit .380 for the season with 40 HR, 115 RBIs, and 165 runs. Went 2-17 with two singles and no RBIs or runs in the playoffs.

Great quote though.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby pup » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:18 pm

Swerb wrote:
Skating Tripods wrote:

Thank you, sir.

I'm pissed at Hornsby. Just went 2-17 for me in a 3-1 series loss in the first round of the playoffs in a Strat ATG league. Hit .380 for the season with 40 HR, 115 RBIs, and 165 runs. Went 2-17 with two singles and no RBIs or runs in the playoffs.

Great quote though.

A bad series? He should be banned from the Hall of Fame.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Return to No Holds Barred