Text Size

No Holds Barred

RANT: People who don't anything about football/sports

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

RANT: People who don't anything about football/sports

Unread postby SteelersStillSuck » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:57 pm

But then claim to be fans.

This has really been pissing me off as of late. I feel like a Football elitist, but jeez, some people's stupidity know no bounds.

I've heard a couple of yinzers claim that the browns Left Cleveland because of lack of fan support. The sheer ignorance of it, just is annoying. I could do a whole page of how I've encountered these morons recently coming out of the pissburgh closet in the canton/akron area (ones that claim Hines Ward is a defensive player for them)., but I will leave it as such.

It's just annoying to talk to come up and talk to someone and tell them something as simple as Why someone needs an O-line, and they only know the name of their team's QB and Runningback

Out of curiousity, has anyone else had experiences like this?
SteelersStillSuck

Unread postby General » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:14 pm

There are a few of my posts out there about these goddam "fans" who are in love with Shitsburgh, Spew England, or the current College program or baseball champ of the year. They come complete with all licensed material and crowing about recent successes of "their hallowed" team. It just defies logic. When the Browns were reestablished someone here in P-cola made a comment to the effect that since they left Cleveland then the new incarnation wasn't really my team and I was "in effect" a "fan free agent". I took him out to my car to show him my bent steering wheel compliments of "The Drive" and explained to him that thick or thin the Cleveland sports teams are MY teams, win or lose. All of these front runners don't know a freakin thing about "their" team pre winning days, as a matter of fact I have schooled several wannabee yinzers about their stupid team and their past and the relationship to Browns football, much to their disbelief. I gave one guy some Browns history to read, complete and utter astonishment over the Browns dominance of football in the pre-Modell era. Also explained to them that the Rams were originally a Cleveland team as are the Ratbirds, complete ignorance. They all suck....still.
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:49 am

Remember who you guys are talking about, the Steeler fan base, the most over hyped and front running fan base around. They were non existent in Pittsburgh in the late 60's and even 1970-71.

They actually believe the NFL started in 1974 the year of their great draft.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Guest » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:33 am

Every team and city has those fans.
It's the nature of the beast.
There are even announcers/analysts that don't know shit but get hired on their name alone.

Unread postby Spin » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:16 pm

How about the morons who swear that DA is better than BQ despite never seeing him play a down?
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Unread postby Fixedgearrider » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:56 pm

I like to think I know a bit about sports, but I never claim to be an expert.

Now, ask me nearly anything about keirin racing, and it's on.
Fixedgearrider
Site Drunk

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:58 pm

How about the morons who swear that DA is better than BQ despite never seeing him play a down?

Hopefully you're being sarcastic, or were at least a little tipsy when typing this.

Think about it a second?
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Joens » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:12 pm

theres no way BQ would have duplicated or would have don better then DA this season.
Last edited by Joens on Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cremincus- Something completely and utterly unbelievable. Published in the B-list 2006
Joens
BQ has no MySpace

Unread postby SteelersStillSuck » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:27 pm

FUDU wrote:Remember who you guys are talking about, the Steeler fan base, the most over hyped and front running fan base around. They were non existent in Pittsburgh in the late 60's and even 1970-71.

They actually believe the NFL started in 1974 the year of their great draft.

I'll go one step further.

Many of the "new" steelers fans don't even have a clue of anything pre-2002.

Please god, BTW, no DA vs. BQ in this thread lol :lol:
SteelersStillSuck

Unread postby Spin » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:26 pm

How about all of the people who claim that anything that happened before the Super Bowl doesn't count?

Or red necks who still wave the rebel flag. FACE IT. YOU LOST!!!
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:26 pm

Spin wrote:How about all of the people who claim that anything that happened before the Super Bowl doesn't count?

Or red necks who still wave the rebel flag. FACE IT. YOU LOST!!!

I love Rebel flags in Ohio morons dont realize Ohio sent more Volunteers to the Union than anyother Northern state. Fucking retards in southern Ohio who talk with a southern twang like they are from Alabama.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Return to No Holds Barred