Text Size

No Holds Barred

Carry On luggage

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Carry On luggage

Unread postby General » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:43 am

Having just returned to Pensacola from an awesome weekend in Cleveland, I have these rants on the i (diots)ndividuals that insist on carrying on these huge bags that push the envelope on the overhead storage. Some old bag had this massive thing that she was trying to put in the overhead. When the Flight attendant tried to help, she just bitched at him. So he sat and did nothing. Then the deplaning process was another slice of hell as this wrinkled old geezer couldn't even pull the damn thing. Meanwhile we are all hung up waiting for her and her shit to get off the plane. Hallalulia, holy shit, where's the tylenol? Thank you. :x :mad: :-x
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization-Do I really have to change this?
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Unread postby fundamentals » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:46 am

A very accurate picture of what happens these days. The carry ons are a joke. I know people want to get places quicker and don't want their bags handled inappropriately :eek: :o :-o but the storage bins aren't places to put luggage like the Griswolds carried. :x :mad: :-x
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby General » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:44 am

As an aside...we walked out of the airport at the same time. After I picked up my bag at baggage claim. :lol:
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization-Do I really have to change this?
General

Unread postby fundamentals » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:51 am

The facial expressions as these people try to jam their cabinet like suitcases are funny. :x :mad: :-x

Last flight I was on, the lady was actually out of breath and asked me to put it into the compartment. I told her no and that the bag was too heavy and too large and she should check it at the gate. :lol:
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:10 pm

The problem here, which I cannot understand how it goes on, is the airlines all have a display of the acceptable carry on luggage size.

It is a simple little box that you place your carry on in, if you cannot place it inside this box then it is not permitted as carry one. Yet the airlines don't enforce this or make people place their luggage inside to see ahead of time.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby fundamentals » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:27 am

FUDU wrote:The problem here, which I cannot understand how it goes on, is the airlines all have a display of the acceptable carry on luggage size.

It is a simple little box that you place your carry on in, if you cannot place it inside this box then it is not permitted as carry one. Yet the airlines don't enforce this or make people place their luggage inside to see ahead of time.

I agree. I have watched people actually "sample" the display cases and they just proceed with their enormous luggage carriers.
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Unread postby General » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:51 pm

The thing that frosts my ass is that these people have the "I am the only MF'er in the world that matters. Why can't they let the people who don't carry on luggage or immediately whip out their cell phone, blackberry, palm pilot, dingleberry, or rosie palm exit the damn plane first, just like they let special assistance people enter first.
General

Unread postby fundamentals » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:23 pm

General wrote:The thing that frosts my ass is that these people have the "I am the only MF'er in the world that matters. Why can't they let the people who don't carry on luggage or immediately whip out their cell phone, blackberry, palm pilot, dingleberry, or rosie palm exit the damn plane first, just like they let special assistance people enter first.

Exiting the plane is similar to a track meet. I like the people who push kids out of the way to get out of the plane ten seconds quicker.
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Unread postby sandlot33 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:10 pm

I just went to Vegas for a wedding last week and found that one of the bag handlers stole my tie out of my bag...that's right an f'ing tie...didn't touch anyhthing else in the bag except my f'ng neck tie...ridiculous

I flew Continental, won't ever do that again, and they pack 3 seats right next to each other. I am not the smallest of people but when walking to my seat, who else is sitting next to me, but some fat ass that should have bought two seats...the most uncomfortable 4 1/2 hours of my life...I think i would rather catch genital warts then go through that again

The thing I hate the most about flying is waiting to get off the plane...could it take any longer to get a bag and get the f off the plane...

yeah and they stole my tie
HerrliBomb
sandlot33

Return to No Holds Barred