Text Size

No Holds Barred

Californication

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Californication

Unread postby RickNashEquilibrium » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:09 am

Nope not a post about the show. I am heading to LA/Santa Moncia in a few weeks for vacation and I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on places to go or see? I'm not really concerned with entertainment unless there is a cant-miss venue. I'm staying at The Georgian Hotel in SM which overlooks the pier and walks right out to the beach. Also, does anyone know of any recruiters/headhunters out there? After turning 30 this year I'm having somewhat of a mid life crisis 15 years too early and I don't even have a family.
"All Beckett needs to do to cap off this mess is order some fried chicken and beer" – 5/10/12 before Beckett got chased in the 3rd at Fenway.
RickNashEquilibrium
Beer, Bitch

Favorite Player: Mexican Cooking
Least Favorite Player: 99% of all humans

Re: Californication

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:52 am

Check out the Olive Garden. Authentic Italian food. You'll think you're in Tuscany.

I thought you were moving to China?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby RickNashEquilibrium » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:06 pm

You're the reason we can't have nice things around here.

China fell through. Their GAAP practices and accounting systems were completely fubar so they needed a full blown CPA/VP to fix that before they put someone in charge of finance. I told them that was still an option in the future but at this point I'm so miserable I just want to say fuck this place, make a bit more money on the west coast and surf every morning before work.
"All Beckett needs to do to cap off this mess is order some fried chicken and beer" – 5/10/12 before Beckett got chased in the 3rd at Fenway.
RickNashEquilibrium
Beer, Bitch

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:12 pm

Watch out for sharks and packs of Humboldt squid.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:39 pm

So RNE is Bodhi?
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby RickNashEquilibrium » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:39 pm

FUDU wrote:So RNE is Bodhi?

When "Robbed 3 banks in Huntington Beach" is added to resume to supplement my income, yes. That and no pancreatic cancer. My plan is to be debt free and running a diner somewhere by the time I'm 40. Regardless of the $, I'm tired of the white collar 60-70 hour a week grind. I wouldn't complain so much if I was making $200-$300k a year but I'm not so fuck it. :cheers:
RickNashEquilibrium
Beer, Bitch

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:01 pm

RickNashEquilibrium wrote:

When "Robbed 3 banks in Huntington Beach" is added to resume to supplement my income, yes. That and no pancreatic cancer. My plan is to be debt free and running a diner somewhere by the time I'm 40. Regardless of the $, I'm tired of the white collar 60-70 hour a week grind. I wouldn't complain so much if I was making $200-$300k a year but I'm not so fuck it. :cheers:

I admire your dreams of simplicity, and I'm not using simplicity in a way to suggest insult or negativity either. I too am in the process of simplifying my life. I'm gonna wipe out my house payment, hopefully make myself immune to economic uncertainty, and make things happen instead of reacting to things happening, as is too often the case for so many people.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:16 pm

FUDU wrote:
RickNashEquilibrium wrote:

I admire your dreams of simplicity, and I'm not using simplicity in a way to suggest insult or negativity either. I too am in the process of simplifying my life. I'm gonna wipe out my house payment, hopefully make myself immune to economic uncertainty, and make things happen instead of reacting to things happening, as is too often the case for so many people.

Yeah, you should strive to be more like me. Start slow, get spiders and go from there.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:00 pm

and make things happen instead of reacting to things happening, as is too often the case for so many people.

I did this @ 24 when I walked out the door from a steady good paying job as a welder and started my own business

Its been love/hate ever since but I'm certain that if I stayed there I would have snapped

Right about now tho I'm tired of the roller coaster ride that is sole proprietorship...

Next yr I'm getting a ticket on The Lazy River

:thumb up:
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Alleghany Inbreds

Return to No Holds Barred