Text Size

No Holds Barred

Here's your St. Paddy's day gift CDT.

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Re: Here's your St. Paddy's day gift CDT.

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:49 am

I don't understand, if you follow me, with a gun, you put yourself at risk.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:38 am

Ziner wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:I don't, for a second, understand how a kid attacked a guy, forced the guy into a self-defense killing and the cops just sat on that info for how long now?

Stuff like this showing up this far into the process feels a lot more like trying to save your own ass.

I am not sure what you mean sat on it? This article from the 9th of March implied that there was a fight/struggle. Who knows how much danger he was really in, but that is why everyone out in front of this needs to relax a bit, ask the Duke Lax protesters. Perhaps the facts don't jive with the story constructed in the media and by Al Sharpton.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/08/2 ... -teen.html

When officer T. Smith arrived at the scene moments later, he found Martin’s body lying face down on the grass about 70 yards from the family’s home, bleeding from a chest wound. He had $22, candy and a can of iced tea in his pockets.

Zimmerman gave police a statement that he stepped out of his car and he and Martin fought. He said he was “yelling for someone to help, but no one would help me.”

Zimmerman had a bloody nose, wet grass stains on his red jacket and was bleeding head wound. Martin was pronounced dead at 7:30 p.m.

“We don’t know what led up to that fight,’’ Lee said.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/08/2 ... rylink=cpy

Initial reactions are all about "narrative". As facts come out it will be about defending the initial conclusions.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:46 am

IMO, and I really just do not care enough to get involved in following the media blow by blow of contradictory information, is that guy was told not to follow the kid and did. Kid was walking home, where is the clear and present danger that needed stopped? He instigated the confrontation, and kid in typical fashion probably escalated it. It’s a mess being made worse by tools who think they know what happened and people piling on to look like they are down with the struggle; typical media/appearances driven BS that clouds the real tragedy.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:00 am

Orenthal wrote:IMO, and I really just do not care enough to get involved in following the media blow by blow of contradictory information, is that guy was told not to follow the kid and did. Kid was walking home, where is the clear and present danger that needed stopped? He instigated the confrontation, and kid in typical fashion probably escalated it. It’s a mess being made worse by tools who think they know what happened and people piling on to look like they are down with the struggle; typical media/appearances driven BS that clouds the real tragedy.

Pretty much nailed the way I feel about it too.

Kid's dead, ain't coming back. Let me know when the story has been completely written and the book closed.

Until then I'll be avoiding the partisan bullshit, the racists on both sides and the guilt-ridden apologists from both sides.

The kid and society are owed a complete investigation. So is the accused. Let me know what the final score is. Not interested in hearing the home team's inning by inning play by play bullshit.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Ziner » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:14 am

Pretty much in line with these two assholes. God forbid we wait and see what actually happens. Cops tell Zimmerman to keep his mouth shut and he does so we get 4 weeks of Trayvon Martin's family out there giving their side with no balance. Once again, a lot of people are going to look quite foolish if this is Duke Lax part II

Also really glad to know that e0y is so badass he drops people who carry guns. *eye roll*
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby dmiles » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:22 am

Absolutely agree with Peeker and OJ. I started trying to follow it initially, but when I saw Jesse stating "Black people are under attack" or something right away I thought fuck that's just stupid. Next thing I am looking up how many black kids are cut down in the bad neighborhoods in his town, and realized, fuck why do I care? I don't need to spend any analysis or brain power on this, it's going to be non-stop MSNBC/Faux news shout fests, back and forth. I think the anger on this case is a bit convenient in an election year, but that's how cynical I've become. Not only that, every time some bullshit media sensation is kicked off (contraception), it's probably a better idea to watch what Obama and the 535 are up to. A somewhat controversial Executive Order was signed Saturday night, and this week is the SCOTUS debate on Obamacare.

So the sheeple are whipped up over Trayvon while the legality of a piece of legislation that would be a big-time game changer is being argued. Hell maybe the news is giving Obamacare equal play with Trayvon, for all I know I just haven't seen much.
On Twitter @DaBashers
dmiles

Unread postby Ziner » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:30 am

A liberal radio host in Denver did an entire segment on whether this should cause Black people to fear white people.

I know that personally after the shooting at Mississippi State I am terrified of black people (sarcasm, just so we are clear)

In generally this is one big mess, using pictures of the kid from 4 years ago to help drum up support is pretty lame. They already have the playbook locked and loaded to counterattack to anyone that looks for current pictures.

Page 1 of 1: Call them Raycess.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:37 am

peeker643 wrote:Until then I'll be avoiding the partisan bullshit, the racists on both sides and the guilt-ridden apologists from both sides.

The kid and society are owed a complete investigation. So is the accused. Let me know what the final score is. Not interested in hearing the home team's inning by inning play by play bullshit.

Bam! My attitude and thought process wrapped up in two sentences.
Orenthal

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:39 am

Ziner wrote:A liberal radio host in Denver did an entire segment on whether this should cause Black people to fear white people.

I know that personally after the shooting at Mississippi State I am terrified of black people (sarcasm, just so we are clear)

In generally this is one big mess, using pictures of the kid from 4 years ago to help drum up support is pretty lame. They already have the playbook locked and loaded to counterattack to anyone that looks for current pictures.

But you hate black people so why not jump in!

FAUX NEWS!!!!
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Ziner » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:45 am

I don't hate black people, I have a black facebook friend to prove it.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:51 am

Ziner wrote:A liberal radio host in Denver did an entire segment on whether this should cause Black people to fear white people.

Cherrypicked photos? ;-) ;) :wink:
Orenthal

Unread postby jb » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:51 am

Preposterous. Wasn't Zimmerman Latino?
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Ziner » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:00 pm

I believe the term is White-Hispanic.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:11 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:I don't understand, if you follow me, with a gun, you put yourself at risk.

Huh?

You do understand how a gun works right?

Just to be clear, you're saying the guy following you has the gun, correct? If so, he is in the supreme advantageous position, should something go down. Unless you're in a movie.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:14 pm

Put me in the camp that peeker's post describes, at least that is what my heart says.

Meanwhile all other violent crimes are going to have to step their game up if they want any media attention any time soon.

FUDU

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:21 pm

<-- has been shot and stabbed, both black on white racial issues
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:30 pm

dmiles wrote:Absolutely agree with Peeker and OJ. I started trying to follow it initially, but when I saw Jesse stating "Black people are under attack" or something right away I thought fuck that's just stupid. Next thing I am looking up how many black kids are cut down in the bad neighborhoods in his town, and realized, fuck why do I care? I don't need to spend any analysis or brain power on this, it's going to be non-stop MSNBC/Faux news shout fests, back and forth. I think the anger on this case is a bit convenient in an election year, but that's how cynical I've become. Not only that, every time some bullshit media sensation is kicked off (contraception), it's probably a better idea to watch what Obama and the 535 are up to. A somewhat controversial Executive Order was signed Saturday night, and this week is the SCOTUS debate on Obamacare.

So the sheeple are whipped up over Trayvon while the legality of a piece of legislation that would be a big-time game changer is being argued. Hell maybe the news is giving Obamacare equal play with Trayvon, for all I know I just haven't seen much.

Here is the thing, you, OJ and Peeks have sound logic behind your thoughts here, but if what it looks like happened, happened, I hope all of you will step up. I have no issues with wait and see (aside from Ziner that racist), but I expect a reaction at some point.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:31 pm

FUDU wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:I don't understand, if you follow me, with a gun, you put yourself at risk.

Huh?

Just to be clear, you're saying the guy following you has the gun, correct? If so, he is in the supreme advantageous position, should something go down. Unless you're in a movie.

Supreme Advantageous Position?

I think what e0y is saying (maybe) is that when Zimmerman followed Trayvon with a gun, he was putting himself at risk of (in fact almost inviting) a confrontation of some sort. And for what?

The one thing that is indisputable in all of this is that i could have all been avoided if he just stayed in his fucking car. If he'd have just listened to the 911 operator. If he'd have just minded his own fucking business.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:31 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:<-- has been shot and stabbed, both black on white racial issues

Well obviously that sucks, but I still don't see how that puts anybody following you, while they're carrying a gun, in any type of disadvantage. Again, from above, how would you even know the guy following you, in a car, has a gun?

FUDU

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:37 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
FUDU wrote:

Huh?

Supreme Advantageous Position?

I think what e0y is saying (maybe) is that when Zimmerman followed Trayvon with a gun, he was putting himself at risk of (in fact almost inviting) a confrontation of some sort. And for what?

The one thing that is indisputable in all of this is that i could have all been avoided if he just stayed in his fucking car. If he'd have just listened to the 911 operator. If he'd have just minded his own fucking business.

Supreme advantageous position if something were to go down.

As for the rest of your post, I agree 100%, and it ties into my biggest problem with this whole story and investigation.

Two people, both with equal rights to be where they were, doing what they were doing. But one of them had to initiate making the other's business their own. IMO the person that did that holds a significant amount of responsibility for this thing taking place. After that, when things escalate it's anyone's guess as to who could have or should have had the sense to back off and walk away.

To me it just seems Zimmerman had to initiate it b/c I find it hard to believe he followed the kid and said nothing, and simply decided to himself "it looks all good, I'll turn around".

FUDU

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:20 pm

You guys sound like a bunch of cunts.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:25 pm

Oh and mo if we say "supreme advantageous position" enough it will drive CDT nuts, or more so.

FUDU

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:34 pm

FUDU wrote:Oh and mo if we say "supreme advantageous position" enough it will drive CDT nuts, or more so.

I've been mulling that phrase around in my head for the last hour or or so...

Slowly my hate for it has grown like a cyst on my medulla oblongata, small shoot of pain above my neck at fist, now a crippling ache that bounces through my skull like a basketball.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:54 pm

FUDU wrote:

Well obviously that sucks, but I still don't see how that puts anybody following you, while they're carrying a gun, in any type of disadvantage. Again, from above, how would you even know the guy following you, in a car, has a gun?

He leaves his car and is talking loud enough into his phone I see the approaching issue?

You aren't this stupid.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby jb » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:57 pm

jb

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:02 pm

Maybe this will make you feel better, since Imma right-wing knob gobbler. Zimmerman is a Democrat so no wonder he went after Martin. All Democrats are closet racists and white guilters and big government sucks.

Oh, and for e0, it would be hard for me to find anyone other than Zimmerman wrong in this case. He was told NOT to follow Martin. Perhaps circumstances will make it impossible to charge Zimmerman with murder, but (outside new facts) his "following" of Martin caused this to happen.

The NBP, the Miami Heat, Bomani, the people calling for awareness can all go fuck themselves. So fucking sick of this "awareness cult" only in 2012 America is it enough to just be symbolic about a major issue like this, they all fucking suck just like OWS. Bunch of faggots who don't even let the thing play out, pick sides, then bunker themselves when shit didn't happen like they though it did.

(written poorly)
Orenthal

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:05 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
FUDU wrote:

He leaves his car and is talking loud enough into his phone I see the approaching issue?

You aren't this stupid.

Maybe Zimmerman was waving the gun in the air announcing his possession? ::doh::
Orenthal

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:06 pm

I miss the Terry Schiavo fiasco.

FUDU

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:10 pm

Outside the race element this has all the media distorion of the Richard Jewell fiasco.
Orenthal

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:23 pm

In the spirit of human achievement I wonder which fiasco had the supreme advantageous position regarding media distortion?

:thumb up:

FUDU

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:27 pm

http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/2012 ... e_dean.php

Naw, nuttin to learn about race issues here.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:34 pm

Florida attorney general said to sit back and be patient, at least 2 more weeks most likely before they are finished gathering and deciding. She feels a grand jury will probably not be necessary based on what they have at this point.

FUDU

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:40 pm

Thanks for the new update FUDU
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:47 pm

Amazing stuff there, DU.

I prefer the attorney general that tells everyone to rush to judgement.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:50 pm

I think her point was to the media, not us message board slapknockers.

FUDU

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:55 pm

I want to bash you over the head with a shovel.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:05 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/2012/03/trayvon_martin_gang_bangin_bradlee_dean.php

Who gives a fuck what some asshole who nobody's ever heard of says about this? Has nothing to do with the state of race relations in this country or anywhere. Of course "this guy" and others like him are out there. They are beyond hope and completely useless wastes of perfectly good O2. But they are meaningless to the discourse.

Unless we are supposed to somehow use this as a teachable moment for some Limp Bizkit wannabe asshat in Bumfuck Minnesota.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:07 pm

Limp Bizkit?

What the fuck?
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:11 pm

How many limp bizkit wannabes are there every day?
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Ziner » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:14 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Limp Bizkit?

What the fuck?

Yeah it is was a crappy band, don't act like you didn't go to their concert at Polaris.

and let me second Mother (damn it hurts to say that). Who the fuck cares what this insignificant fool from Minnesota says. Who the hell is this guy?

The truth of this entire story is that it lies somewhere in between all the words flying past each other right now.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:22 pm

Fuck no.

I never listened to that mallcore shit.

I don't give a fuck about your shitty dropped D tuning, your retarded JNCO jeans, or your cunty anger issue because dad bailed on that fishing trip when your were 9.

I hate that shit.

Fucking cunt music.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:28 pm

Weird Al should do a song called Snooki.

FUDU

Unread postby Ziner » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:39 pm

We all did the Snooki?
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby jb » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:42 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/2012/03/trayvon_martin_gang_bangin_bradlee_dean.php

That's nothing!

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/race-controversy-over-hunger-games-182705585.html
jb

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:47 pm

<-- had avoided posting that thus far
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby mattvan1 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:50 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Fuck no.

I never listened to that mallcore shit.

I don't give a fuck about your shitty dropped D tuning, your retarded JNCO jeans, or your cunty anger issue because dad bailed on that fishing trip when your were 9.

I hate that shit.

Fucking cunt music.

I thought you were a fan of Tool - they incorporate drop D tuning all the time. Besides, The Shit Weasles pretty much mainstreamed drop D tuning - I thought they were your favorite band?
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:52 pm

<-- eagerly anticipating CDT losing his shit about being confused with me
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby mattvan1 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:56 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:<-- eagerly anticipating CDT losing his shit about being confused with me

You're the Tool fan?

Ooops.

HA!

I have a really good memory. I should not, but I do.

Report this postReply with quoteRe: 10 Best Rock Albums of the Last 30 Years
by Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:55 am
1) Tool- Lateralus

2) Acid Bath- Paegan Terrorism Tactics

3) Tool-Aenima

4) Clutch- The Elephant Riders

5) Opeth- Still Life

6) Faith No More- The Real Thing

7) PanterA- Vulgar Display Of Power

8) Mastodon- Remission

9) Sublime- Sublime.

10) Sleep- Dopesmoker
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:07 pm

There's like a 5,000 mile gap between how Tool uses that tuning, and how shitty mallcore bands use it.

Some of those knobs went to 7 string guitars for Christ's sake.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:09 pm

<----- still the Tool fan
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

PreviousNext

Return to No Holds Barred