Text Size

No Holds Barred

Another one bites the dust

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Another one bites the dust

Unread postby gotribe31 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:11 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-15121879

Not as big of a PR move as killing UBL, but as far as the war on terror and mitigating threats to the US, this is at least as significant. This guy's group was responsible for the butt bomber on Christmas, the printer bombs that were intercepted last Halloween, and God knows how many other ongoing plots. USA! USA! USA!

Islamist cleric Anwar al-Awlaki 'killed in Yemen'
The US-born radical Islamist cleric and suspected al-Qaeda leader Anwar al-Awlaki has been killed in Yemen, the country's defence ministry has said.

A statement said only that he died "along with some of his companions".

Mr Awlaki, who is of Yemeni descent, has been on the run in Yemen since December 2007.

The US has named him a "specially designated global terrorist" for his alleged role in a number of attacks and he is said to be on a CIA hit list.

He is described by US officials as leader of al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula.

He has been implicated in the US army base killings in Fort Hood, Texas, the Christmas 2009 Detroit airline bomb attempt, and a failed bombing in New York's Times Square.

When he was imam of a San Diego mosque in the 1990s, his sermons were attended by two future 9/11 hijackers, Khalid al-Midhar and Nawaf al-Hazmi.

In a video posted in November last year he called for the killing of Americans, saying they were from the "party of devils".
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Re: Another one bites the dust

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:49 am

It's amazing that we can a country half the world away to kill (allegedly) a guy a lot them probably agree with. But we can't Mexico to do a goddamn thing about the sadistic violence on the boarder.

Predator Drone: When you have to absolutely kill every last motherfucker in the compound, accept no substitutes.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:50 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:It's amazing that we can a country half the world away to kill (allegedly) a guy a lot them probably agree with. But we can't Mexico to do a goddamn thing about the sadistic violence on the boarder.

Predator Drone: When you have to absolutely kill every last motherfucker in the compound, accept no substitutes.

I think we need to go 'Machete' down on the border. Let's set up our own drug cartel with big kickbacks to our politicians and see if those drones aren't brought into use and if money isn't thrown at the problem.

Plus Michelle Rodriguez is hotter than shit.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:58 am

Machete was a terrible movie and i'm on the fence as to Michele Rodriguez's "hotness".
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:03 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Machete was a terrible movie and i'm on the fence as to Michele Rodriguez's "hotness".

Go fuck yourself.

The movie was horrible, I agree. Purposely so in intention, not purposely so in execution.

But she looked great in it. Far better than Jessica Alba.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:06 am

I liked the naked chick in the beginning myself.

Sometimes when I hear Michele Rodriguez's voice, I picture Vasquez from Aliens.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Return to No Holds Barred