Text Size

No Holds Barred

Would you work in the new World Trade Center Tower?

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Would you work in the new World Trade Center Tower?

Unread postby YahooFanChicago » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:11 pm

Would you work in the new World Trade Center if you lived in NYC? If not, why?

I wouldn't. Those fanatical idiots and their equally retarded copycat wannabee's will see it as the holy grail. Hopefully they all fail but all it takes is one lucky retard fanatic. Idiot bastards, all of 'em

Gee Miss Crabtree, you're even pretier 'n Miss McGuilacutty...
YahooFanChicago

Favorite Player: Miss Crabtree
Least Favorite Player: Chubsy Wubsy

Re: Would you work in the new World Trade Center Tower?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:26 pm

Yes. I would work there.

I'm not a coward who lives in fear of terrorism.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:26 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Yes. I would work there.

No, you are not.

You're a Sasquatch who lives in fear of bright lights and loud noises.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:09 am

motherscratcher wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Yes. I would work there.

No, you are not.

You're a Sasquatch who lives in fear of bright lights and loud noises.

I would like to stop all rumors of me actually being a Sasquatch. I am not. I'm just pro-Sasquatch. The poor bastard has got a bad rap, and it's a shame since he's a good dude. don't believe those propagandist Jack Links commercials, he is not a man of violence, he's a man of the forest.

But anyway, the new fucking tower(s) haven't even go up yet and dude has 'em being destroyed already. It's sad that people would let the minuscule threat of terrorism determine how they live their lives.

But that's what the terrorist want, to fuckin scare people. I guess it's working.....
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby YahooFanChicago » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:00 am

CDT,

Glad to hear you are a tough guy with no fears. A real John Wayne I guess.

I know someone who is looking for someone just like you to work in Kandahar Afghanistan in a PR capacity. You seem like the perfect candidate. No fear, strong moral conviction, great interersonal skills and are seemingly never wrong.

All you have to do is work in Kandahar and set up local US public relations kiosks throughout the region. They need you to personally set-up a little kiosk, hang an American flag outside and pass out pro US fliers and anti Taliban/anti Al Queda propaganda. You need to personally meet with village elders and travel around the area passing out the brochures.

Part of this is being funded/sponsored by the Christian church and Isreal I think so there will also be some pro-Christian and pro-Jewish/Isreal messaging on the fliers.

They haven't been able to find any willing candidates - - something about people being too scared of extremists/terorists killing them. It sounds like you would be perfect for the job though, no fear and all. :salute:

YahooFanChicago

Unread postby gotribe31 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:26 am

YahooFanChicago wrote:CDT,

Glad to hear you are a tough guy with no fears. A real John Wayne I guess.

I know someone who is looking for someone just like you to work in Kandahar Afghanistan in a PR capacity. You seem like the perfect candidate. No fear, strong moral conviction, great interersonal skills and are seemingly never wrong.

All you have to do is work in Kandahar and set up local US public relations kiosks throughout the region. They need you to personally set-up a little kiosk, hang an American flag outside and pass out pro US fliers and anti Taliban/anti Al Queda propaganda. You need to personally meet with village elders and travel around the area passing out the brochures.

Part of this is being funded/sponsored by the Christian church and Isreal I think so there will also be some pro-Christian and pro-Jewish/Isreal messaging on the fliers.

They haven't been able to find any willing candidates - - something about people being too scared of extremists/terorists killing them. It sounds like you would be perfect for the job though, no fear and all. :salute:

They have plenty of people doing more or less exactly what you outlined above. They're called soldiers. And they are all volunteers.

Also, agree with CTD. I'd work there without reservations.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:58 am

You asked the question, I answered. I would work there.

I'm not going to let the the threat of terrorism dictate how I live. And I doubt many Americans would. As soon as that tower is built it's going to be filled with New Yorkers going about their lives. It'll be a giant FUCK YOU to the people who knocked down the WTC.

I'm not really sure the point of your whole "go to Afghanistan and promote the Jewish and Christian faiths" nonsense. It's a stupid scenario.

I do have fears, just like every other human on this planet, terrorism just isn't one of them.

I'm not fond of heights, which is ironic. I hate centipedes. And i'm claustrophobic.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Cease » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:44 pm

The new building looks nice. I'm interested in seeing how they finish the lower 20 floor facade, since the whole prizm/glass design failed.
Cease

Favorite Player: Gamers
Least Favorite Player: Chuckers

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:14 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:You asked the question, I answered. I would work there.

I'm not going to let the the threat of terrorism dictate how I live. And I doubt many Americans would. As soon as that tower is built it's going to be filled with New Yorkers going about their lives. It'll be a giant FUCK YOU to the people who knocked down the WTC.

I'm not really sure the point of your whole "go to Afghanistan and promote the Jewish and Christian faiths" nonsense. It's a stupid scenario.

I do have fears, just like every other human on this planet, terrorism just isn't one of them.

I'm not fond of heights, which is ironic. I hate centipedes. And i'm claustrophobic.

I'd work there too. Without hesitation.

Now, if my kids worked there I'd have a lot of sleepless nights knowing what it symbolizes and how much of a target it is.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:52 pm

YahooFanChicago wrote:Would you work in the new World Trade Center if you lived in NYC? If not, why?

I wouldn't. Those fanatical idiots and their equally retarded copycat wannabee's will see it as the holy grail. Hopefully they all fail but all it takes is one lucky retard fanatic. Idiot bastards, all of 'em

Do you attend sporting events? Go to crowded malls? Work at/near government buildings? Take public transportation? Any of these places are just as likely to take a hit as the new WTC. No one expected planes to be flown into those buildings, when/if the next attack takes place it;ll be a situation that no one could fathom.

To answer your initial question, yes I'd work in the new WTC. Just as I'd work at any government building in D.C.
I still attend sporting events, go to the mall, and work in a government building.

A yes reply doesn't signify a "JohnWayne" mentality. People die in car accidents every day, does that make you afraid to drive?
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby YahooFanChicago » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:34 am

Larvell Blanks wrote:
YahooFanChicago wrote:Would you work in the new World Trade Center if you lived in NYC? If not, why?

Do you attend sporting events? Go to crowded malls? Work at/near government buildings? Take public transportation? Any of these places are just as likely to take a hit as the new WTC. No one expected planes to be flown into those buildings, when/if the next attack takes place it;ll be a situation that no one could fathom.

To answer your initial question, yes I'd work in the new WTC. Just as I'd work at any government building in D.C.
I still attend sporting events, go to the mall, and work in a government building.

A yes reply doesn't signify a "JohnWayne" mentality. People die in car accidents every day, does that make you afraid to drive?

Yes, I do all of the things you mention above and I fly all the time also. Hell I was even flying back and forth to Europe within a week after the flights resumed again following 9/11.

I guess for me it's about relative risk and whether or not you have some chance to defend yourself.

Working in the new WTC you really have no ability to defend yourself and you just know those idiots are going to try some crap. In a plane you probably can at least fight them and give yourself a chance. They park a big bomb in the bottom of the WTC or fly a plane into it you really have no chance to do anything.

I guess I would only work in the new WTC if the perfect job was available at about 5x my current pay. Even with that I would take out a much bigger life insurance policy for my family and wouldn't work there more than a few years.

I don't think this makes me a coward but that is just my opinion. I just think that everything else being close to equal (same job different building) I would definitely chose the job in the different building. I would think most others would have the same view and would chose the similar job in a different building.

YahooFanChicago

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:27 am

YahooFanChicago wrote:
Larvell Blanks wrote:
YahooFanChicago wrote:

Yes, I do all of the things you mention above and I fly all the time also. Hell I was even flying back and forth to Europe within a week after the flights resumed again following 9/11.

I guess for me it's about relative risk and whether or not you have some chance to defend yourself.

Working in the new WTC you really have no ability to defend yourself and you just know those idiots are going to try some crap. In a plane you probably can at least fight them and give yourself a chance. They park a big bomb in the bottom of the WTC or fly a plane into it you really have no chance to do anything.

I guess I would only work in the new WTC if the perfect job was available at about 5x my current pay. Even with that I would take out a much bigger life insurance policy for my family and wouldn't work there more than a few years.

I don't think this makes me a coward but that is just my opinion. I just think that everything else being close to equal (same job different building) I would definitely chose the job in the different building. I would think most others would have the same view and would chose the similar job in a different building.

But do you have the ability to defend yourself in a stadium, a mall, or any other government building?

If anything the new WTC is going to be 10x more secure b/c no one wnats a repeat of what happened twice before.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:10 am

"You can get killed walkin' your doggie"

Pacino....Heat
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:26 am

That's the stupidest fucking logic ever. "I wouldn't work there because something bad might happen".

A semi might jack knife in front of you on the highway on your way to work resulting a fireball that traps you in your Kia and burns you alive, just stay home. You might get attacked by a pack of rabid squirrels while walking your dog, better not risk it, stay indoors..... let the dog shit on the carpet.

Working the overnight at a gas station carries about a million more times the risk than working in the new WTC.

Going to work there is telling the batshit crazy Islamatards to go fuck themselves, and i'm all for that.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:42 am

I wouldn't work there...

Most likely too much traffic, too many people, too many bankers, too many assorted type A's, too many bums, too many hot ass women distracting me...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby gotribe31 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:41 pm

YahooFanChicago wrote:
Larvell Blanks wrote:

Logically explain to me how the new WTC carries more risk than the Empire State Building, Mall of the Americas, Pentagon, or even freaking Tower City.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:28 pm

Um, the original was attacked once and since that attack was deemed a failure, they reloaded and accomplished their goal. Now 10+ years later we may have a replacement on the way. I don't see Tower City being a more desirable target for a terrorist related attack, though overall, I'm not sure how safe it is compared to the Mall of the Americas. I'm pretty sure its down the list, though it probably has just as many bums.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Unread postby YahooFanChicago » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:27 am

As OJ said, the towers were attacked before Sept 11th also. For whatever reason the idiot terrorists look at the WTC as the #1 symbol of American capitalism and power. They are idiots and I hate them but they are obssessed and I don't think they will give up.

No stadium has been attacked before and neither have any malls (hopefully that continues). There are hundreds or thousands of malls and stadiums. The chances of the mall or stadium you go to being attacked are very small. There is only one WTC site. Unfortunately it has been aggressively attacked before and I believe that the chance is high that it will be attacked again (I really hope that it won't be but I think the reality may be different given the evil, crazy mindset of terrorists).

I am surprised and somewhat impressed that many on here would work there in any case. My personal perspective is why tempt fate to that extent if you don't have to. Everything being equal why not go for the equivalent job in a different building. For that reason I wonder about the near term (5-10 year) commercial viability of those WTC buildings. I have heard that they have struggled to find tennants and perhaps this is one of the main reasons why 10 years later there hasn't been more rapid development/construction.

As pointed out by many posters, we all take risks everyday. I think everyone of us goes to shopping malls and stadiums in spite of some minor risk. That said, I don't think many of us would walk through the worst neighborhoods in Chicago or Cleveland in the middle of the night unarmed carrying a stack of money. Nor would you blindly try and run across a busy highway during rush hour. It all comes down to people's individual perceptions of risk and reward.

YahooFanChicago

Unread postby YahooFanChicago » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:55 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:That's the stupidest fucking logic ever. "I wouldn't work there because something bad might happen".

Going to work there is telling the batshit crazy Islamatards to go fuck themselves, and i'm all for that.

I'm all for the part about telling them to go F*ck themselves. I do wonder if those crazy f*ckers will view the new buildings and people working in them in that way or if those primitive simpletons will just see a new target? I doubt that they have enough intelligence to recognize the symbolic FU the new buildings represent.

Also, you can disagree with my logic all you want but we all know that your comment that it is the "stupidest f*cking logic ever" is complete bullsh*t since every one of us has seen worse logic on here every day since Al Gore invented the internet :pop: . Hell go back and read some of your posts and rank where some of them stack-up in terms of "stupidest f*cking logic ever" :guns:

YahooFanChicago

Unread postby gotribe31 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:41 am

Orenthal wrote:Um, the original was attacked once and since that attack was deemed a failure, they reloaded and accomplished their goal. Now 10+ years later we may have a replacement on the way. I don't see Tower City being a more desirable target for a terrorist related attack, though overall, I'm not sure how safe it is compared to the Mall of the Americas. I'm pretty sure its down the list, though it probably has just as many bums.

Every major figure but one in those two attacks is either dead or in Gitmo. Besides, you can't just say that a building/target is more dangerous because it is more desirable of a target, unless you want to tell me that the president is the most likely person in the country to be killed tomorrow. Like the president, the towers will have some impressive resources going into their defense. If AQ/AQA decide to try and pull something off in the states again, they're much, much more likely to go after a soft target like the Mall of the Americas, a sports stadium (if I can sneak my flasks past the CBS security, a motivated Islamofuck can sneak a bomb past), etc. So saying that something would be a desirable target (which WTC2 will be) and saying it is likely to get hit by a terror attack are two very different things.

Look at the attacks/attempts we've seen since 9/11:

Padilla trying to procure/detonate a dirty bomb. Indescriminate attack on a soft target.
Majid Khan plotting to blow up gas stations. Indescriminate attack on a soft target.
Nurin Abdi plotting to bomb shopping mall in Columbus. Ibid.
Madrid train bombings. Soft target.
UK bus/train bombins. Soft target.
UK airliner plot using liquid explosives. That one is a "spectcular" 9/11 style attack plot.
Derek Shareef plan to throw grenades at a Ill mall during Christmas shopping. Soft target.
Najibullah Zazi subway plot. Soft target.
Michael Finton trying to bomb a courthouse in Springfield, IL. Not exactly Wall St.
Hosam Smadi car bomb in Dallas on a soft target.
The Fort Hood attacks/Bledsoe shooting up a recruiting station. Targeted attack against a military instillation.
Butt Bomber on Christmas. Take down airliner mid-flight.
Faisals Shahzad car bomb in Times Suare. Soft target.
Sami Hassoun attempt to bomb an intersection near Wrigley after a Cubs game. Soft target.
Printer bombs shipped from Yemen. Attacking airliner mid-flight.
Farooque Ahmed plotting attacks on DC subway. Soft target.
Mohamed Mohamud car bomb plot at a Christmas Tree lighting ceremony in Portland, Oregon. Soft target.

So if you look at the past 10 years or so (and I'm sure I'm forgetting some attacks), you're more likely to be attacked on the subway, at a baseball game, or at a mall/public place than anything. The only airliner related plots have been targeted against planes in mid-flight. I'm sure AQ is still interested in aviation, and I'm sure they're still interested in WTC2, but I', not sure that their capabilities give them a realiztic shot of hijacking another plane and crashing it into another building.

So yes, I'll work at WTC2 if my job moves there.
-----Abe Lincoln

-----Lars
gotribe31

Unread postby YahooFanChicago » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:18 am

Damn Al, you keep an event by event log of what the islamists are doing now? Fishy...

Who's gonna pay you to sit in the WTC writing baseball blogs all day any way???? I like your baseball info (particularly around draft time) but can't you do that from home? ;-) ;) :wink:

YahooFanChicago

Unread postby gotribe31 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:37 am

YahooFanChicago wrote:Damn Al, you keep an event by event log of what the islamists are doing now? Fishy...

Who's gonna pay you to sit in the WTC writing baseball blogs all day any way???? I like your baseball info (particularly around draft time) but can't you do that from home? ;-) ;) :wink:

Surprisingly, the minor league baseball writing gig doesn't pay the bills all by itself. Thanks though, glad you enjoy it.
-----Abe Lincoln

-----Lars
gotribe31

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:09 am

gt I gotta say I'm a bit surprised at your thoughts on WTC as a target. New York is the number 1 target in this country and on the planet, they have their own counter terrorism task force and specially designed technologies to assist them (60 minutes just did a nice piece on it this past Sunday).

The WTC are surely more of a risk than any mall in America or any other mass populated structure in this country.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby gotribe31 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:18 am

FUDU wrote:gt I gotta say I'm a bit surprised at your thoughts on WTC as a target. New York is the number 1 target in this country and on the planet, they have their own counter terrorism task force and specially designed technologies to assist them (60 minutes just did a nice piece on it this past Sunday).

The WTC are surely more of a risk than any mall in America or any other mass populated structure in this country.

Again, just because something is more desirable of a target doesn't mean it is more likely to get hit. AQ would love to kill POTUS, right? Does that mean you think he is the most vulnerable person in America? I completely agree that NYC in general and WTC in particular are extremely attractive terrorist targets. But that does not mean they are going to be hit.

What do you think would be more difficult; getting a car bomb into the new WTC, or getting some guns and driving to a mall during the Christmas shopping season and shooting up the place? And which do you think would sow more panic and fear in the general American populace?

I'm just saying that there are other potential risks out there, other targets out there, and the odds of dying in a terror attack no matter where you work are smaller than being struck by lightining while getting eaten by a shark. I just don't see the point in living in fear and/or refusing to work in a certain building.
-----Abe Lincoln

-----Lars
gotribe31

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:32 am

gotribe31 wrote:Again, just because something is more desirable of a target doesn't mean it is more likely to get hit. AQ would love to kill POTUS, right? Does that mean you think he is the most vulnerable person in America? I completely agree that NYC in general and WTC in particular are extremely attractive terrorist targets. But that does not mean they are going to be hit.

What do you think would be more difficult; getting a car bomb into the new WTC, or getting some guns and driving to a mall during the Christmas shopping season and shooting up the place? And which do you think would sow more panic and fear in the general American populace?

I'm just saying that there are other potential risks out there, other targets out there, and the odds of dying in a terror attack no matter where you work are smaller than being struck by lightining while getting eaten by a shark. I just don't see the point in living in fear and/or refusing to work in a certain building.

I agree and disagree. Agree on overall odds, different threats, and soft targets. The soft targets list goes further back, just did a Khobar Towers case study, and agree that a handful of guys with automatic weapons could do more damage then most previous terrorist attacks. Though I cannot totally dismiss desire from religious wackjobs. They go after iconic American structures. While this wouldn't stop me from working there, I just figured that logically its a reason its more likely to be attempted. Say nothing about its success.
Orenthal

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:56 am

They'll go after whatever gives them the most bang for their buck and whatever they think is a target of convenience. If it's the Sears Tower or the WTC2 or if it's parking a truck full of explosives in a delivery concourse at the Big House when it's full of 110,000 football fans.

I agree WTC2 is more of a target than Doyt Perry Stadium in Bowling Green, but if they have the opportunity in BG they'll take it.

It's places that are loaded with Americans being Americans and that aren't as heavily policed and patrolled that are the biggest targets IMO.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:02 pm

Sure Al and Peeks.

That said, Tower City? Fuck, why not just blow up a McDonalds, it would have the same impact.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby gotribe31 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:06 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Sure Al and Peeks.

That said, Tower City? Fuck, why not just blow up a McDonalds, it would have the same impact.

Tower City was a stretch, but you get my point. I almost thing that psychologically, they would get more bang for their buck by hitting a smaller city like Cleveland, Minneapolis, St. Louis etc...somewhere in the heartland, well away from NYC, DC, LA. Make the American people more afraid that they can and would strike anywhere, not just the extremely high value targets like WTC, Sears Tower, Library Tower, Pentagon. Would be an interesting shift that I hope they never make as the vast amount of our resources are given to the big cities with the traditional target sets.
-----Abe Lincoln

-----Lars
gotribe31

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:11 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Sure Al and Peeks.

I'm not of the opinion that Tower City would be a target for being knocked down by anyone other than someone contracted to do it with a wrecking ball. There's just very little symbolic, economic or human value to that target.

The Jake during a ballgame or CBS on game day Sunday would shake the country to it's core. If ya ain't safe recreating and escaping the realities of the world then where are ya safe?

ESPN the Mag had an issue for 9/11 that I believe talked about how much money gets poured into sports facility security and how it's almost more of a proactive PR stunt and future defense to a lawsuit than actually likely to stop an attack. The 'pat down' at CBS makes me laugh. I guess you have a really gargantuan explosive device under your William Green gamer they might foil your plot. But for the most part it's a time consuming folly.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:19 pm

Truth be told, the biggest and most powerful attack period would be a football game.

Shove our Americanism and obsession w/ a game most of the world hates right up our asses.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:15 pm

gotribe31 wrote:
FUDU wrote:gt I gotta say I'm a bit surprised at your thoughts on WTC as a target. New York is the number 1 target in this country and on the planet, they have their own counter terrorism task force and specially designed technologies to assist them (60 minutes just did a nice piece on it this past Sunday).

Again, just because something is more desirable of a target doesn't mean it is more likely to get hit. AQ would love to kill POTUS, right? Does that mean you think he is the most vulnerable person in America? I completely agree that NYC in general and WTC in particular are extremely attractive terrorist targets. But that does not mean they are going to be hit.

Not trying to be argumentative at all on this FWIW, it is a bit of a touchy topic. However it is simply common sense gt, if a place is a more desirable target that means it WILL be targeted more often, exponentially increasing the chances of said target being hit v. another not so desirable target. Honestly there is a reason why NYPD is the only PD on the planet with the capability of taking down a jumbo jet.

Also, as to the notion they will hit whatever they can, I say horse crap, and I've said it for years, b/c the fact is they don't and yet they could easily. Hell I could spend less than 8 hours on the Internet and build a device that could kill and injure 30 people, and I could easily back a Ryder truck up to the main entrance of Strongsville Mall or even a gas station....boom, damage done. Yet that doesn't happen. Strongsville has little recourse in preventing something like that, people like you and me would be the biggest reason for prevention of something that small and simple.

Now IMO an attack that like, even a car bomb at the corner of a very busy ordinary intersection, would be more terrifying than a major target simply b/c it hits closer to home, it hits everyday America. No disrespect to New York and the tragedy at WTC, but most people don't identify with that as much as my IE above b/c of the scope of the target and the fact so many people never even step foot near a target like that but once every 10 years etc.

Any attack is a tragedy, any loss of life due to such is extremely saddening, but if you want to put real true fear into the lives of Americans you simply prove you can get em at any time and any place in there trivial daily goings on.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:18 pm

^ I'll take posts less than 2 people will read for $1,000 Alex.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:31 pm

Of course you go to work in the WTC. Did the Doozers whine and bitch and cower in corners every time one fo those terrorist Fraggles came by and ate one of their buildings? Fuck no. They built. They shoved it right back in their faces.

If we don't go back to work at the new WTC, the Fraggles win.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:40 pm

I think FUDU is trying to say that even terrorists suffer from scarcity.
Orenthal

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:07 pm

YahooFanChicago wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:That's the stupidest fucking logic ever. "I wouldn't work there because something bad might happen".

I'm all for the part about telling them to go F*ck themselves. I do wonder if those crazy f*ckers will view the new buildings and people working in them in that way or if those primitive simpletons will just see a new target? I doubt that they have enough intelligence to recognize the symbolic FU the new buildings represent.

Also, you can disagree with my logic all you want but we all know that your comment that it is the "stupidest f*cking logic ever" is complete bullsh*t since every one of us has seen worse logic on here every day since Al Gore invented the internet :pop: . Hell go back and read some of your posts and rank where some of them stack-up in terms of "stupidest f*cking logic ever" :guns:

No. It is the stupidest fucking logic ever. Being afraid to work at the newt WTC is what the terrorist want.... and you oblige them. The chances of it getting hit are so remote, it's absurd to fear it. It's no different than being afraid to swim in the ocean on the minute chance you'll get attacked by a shark.

Hell I could spend less than 8 hours on the Internet and build a device that could kill and injure 30 people

Or you could spend 20 minutes in a gun store and buy a device that will kill or maim 30 people. You can buy all the parts you need to make a fully automatic AK-47 at just about any gun show for about $250.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:09 am

You're more likely to get killed by these than a terrorist.

Lightning
Shellfish
Peanut
Cop
Cow
Falling tree
Snake (poisonous and constrictor)
Stairs
Ice (falling on or through)
Train
Shark
Your neighbor
Your own gun

So when do we start the "Global War On Falling Trees and Cows"? The cows just hate us because of our freedom..... and because they taste delicious.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby gotribe31 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:12 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:You're more likely to get killed by these than a terrorist.

Lightning
Shellfish
Peanut
Cop
Cow
Falling tree
Snake (poisonous and constrictor)
Stairs
Ice (falling on or through)
Train
Shark
Your neighbor
Your own gun

So when do we start the "Global War On Falling Trees and Cows"? The cows just hate us because of our freedom..... and because they taste delicious.

You forgot Chuck Norris
-----Abe Lincoln

-----Lars
gotribe31

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:02 am

And Chuck Norris.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Orenthal » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:39 am

Yet you're more likely to get hit by lightning while standing on the empire state building with a 9-iron pointed in the air. More likely to blow your head off with your own gun while looking down the barrel after downing a fifth. Blah blah blah...

I would still work there, but understand why some would not. I'm pretty much a centrist.
Orenthal

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:06 am

Orenthal wrote:I'm pretty much a centrist.

Oh go fuck yourself.

The day you become a centrist on anything is the day I become the Emperor of The Holy Roman Empire.

Fucker.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Orenthal » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:44 am

Bah worthless Holy Roman Empire.
Orenthal

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:50 am

OJ is in whatever party Dan Gilbert tells him to be in.

When he's not choking on Gilbert's midget cock that is.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Orenthal » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:52 am

I must have an easy gag reflex to choke on a midget dick...

This opportunity comes around 1 time every 6'ish years. Swing for the fences Dan.
Orenthal

Unread postby pup » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:00 am

e0y2e3 wrote:^ I'll take posts less than 2 people will read for $1,000 Alex.

:lmfao:
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:14 am

e0y2e3 wrote:OJ is in whatever party Dan Gilbert tells him to be in.

When he's not choking on Gilbert's midget cock that is.

Orenthal wrote:I must have an easy gag reflex to choke on a midget dick...

This opportunity comes around 1 time every 6'ish years. Swing for the fences Dan.

I'm really not sure which post is gayer.

e0y's seems to be familiar with Gilbert's penis size.

OJ seems to be quite sure his gag reflex would allow him to suck a normal sized cock.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Return to No Holds Barred