Things are kind of slow lately and especially so during all star break so I offer this feeble attmpt at humor.
I suppose this could be a category on the $20,000 Pyramid. “Things you hear or situations that make you cringe”
• "This won’t hurt a bit…"
• "Hello, this is agent Jones from the IRS calling; I have a few questions for you."
• From your 8 year old son; "remember that nice crystal egg on the mantle…"
• "It went a little over the estimate."
• "We might have to re-break that ankle if it doesn’t heal right."
• "Root canal"
• You can’t find the back-up files and the server crashed.
• "Honey, the police officer wants you to pull over."
• Squeaky chalk on a chalk board
• "All representatives are assisting other customers please stay on the line and your call will be taken in the order in which it was received."
• "We’re all out of that would you care for …"
• You’re on an airplane and the fish was bad… and you ordered fish
• The doctor can see you on Monday… and its Tuesday.
• It’s a dog eat dog world…and you are wearing milk bone underwear.
Click on the link below for some funny video clips featuring the Norm Peterson character from the 80's TV show Cheers. I hope i did the hyperlink correctly!