Text Size

No Holds Barred

What we did before the computer game/internet

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

What we did before the computer game/internet

Unread postby hebner20 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:04 pm

Let's lighten it up in NHB with ths walk down memory lane.

When I grew up, the video game was not invented yet. The home video game Pong did not come along until I was nearly in my teens. Al Gore had not invented the internet either. So, what did we do back then for fun? Besides dodging dinosaurs we had a lot of fun games that were played outside with other human beings. For those under thirty years old – outside is the place where that annoying sun glare on your computer screen comes from. I tried to remember as many games as I could but I know I have forgotten some since it has been a while…

Below is a list of games that I could remember playing and some of them I can remember the game and some I just vaguely remember the overall concept.

Four square – The idea was to bounce a small red ball between the squares without hitting the lines and to force your 3 other opponents to make an error. I played this a lot in 6th grade during recess.

TV Tag – This was a game of tag but if you could blurt out a name of a TV Program before you were about to be tagged you were off limits.

Crack the whip – This was a playground game or for a large group of people where you would link arms and then attempt to break the chain (or crack the whip) by running quickly in one direction and then stopping. Whoever lost contact with the chain of people linked was out of the game.

Red rover – I am a little foggy on this one but I believe this game was played with 2 groups of kids facing each other with arms linked from a distance of maybe 30 feet or so and when the other team called your name you ran over to their side and tried to break though. It went something like: “Red Rover, Red Rover let Jimmy Come over”

Hide and seek – hopefully this needs no explanation

I spy… you would sate that you see something and then other people in the room had to guess what it was. You had a limited number of guesses before the person would reveal what they “spied”

Pinch, punch, question or command – Each person would take a turn and elect one of the options. Great for boring rainy days since it was usually very mindless.

Shadow tag – This was a version of tag but you tagged the persons shadow for them to be “it”. Did not work well on cloudy days or on groundhog days when Phil did not see his shadow.

Kick the can – from what I recall this was like hide and seek but you would return “home” and kick the can before the person who was “it” could catch you

Monkey in the middle – This was played usually by 3 people 2 people keeping a ball away from another person i.e. the monkey in the middle.

King of the mountain – this is a game where a person would perch atop of small hill
and fend off people trying to knock him off of the spot.

You can tell these games are a part of the reason that we did not have such a problem
with childhood obesity back then. Most were physically active and played outside.
That accomplished two things
1) You burned calories through the physical activity
2) You were not stuffing your pie hole with chips, cookies and the like while laying on the couch staring at a TV or computer screen (or a smart phone screen)

I am sure i am missing some, can any of you old timers remember others I missed?.
hebner20

Favorite Player: shoeless joe
Least Favorite Player: Barry Bonds

Re: What we did before the computer game/internet

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:10 pm

The Supreme Court say lets play VIOLENT games...

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/06/27/scotus ... ?hpt=ju_c2

I'm younger then you had both video games and those outdoor activities. Seemed to be the same amount of fat kids and weirdos.

We played War. Like a mix of hide and go seek and tag played with toy guns. Shooting a person meant they had to stand there and count to 30. I have no idea how we determined victory. Did this in a radius of like 3 to 4 houses. Dummies.

Flashlight tag.

Get in fights with other kids in the neigborhood.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Squints » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:34 pm

Endless hours of baseball/whiffle ball in the back yard. We played one out/inning to make it more difficult. Pretending we were major leaguers, usually the Indians, Yankees or A's at that time.
Squints

Favorite Player: Howard, Tim
Least Favorite Player: Howard, Desmond

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:01 pm

In 7th grade in the winter we played Get the Penny at recess

Someone would throw a penny in the air and 15 guys would go after it

It was awesome till one kid broke his leg and they made us stop

...and massive neighborhood snowball fights

You and a few guys build a fort and stock it with snowballs then go attack another fort a few houses or even a block or two away..then retreat back to your fort and your arsenal of ice balls

Then there was Hopin Cars

Car stops at a stop sign or red light and 3-4 guys go grab the bumper and foot surf....I used to get all over town that way with friends...

One time a friend of mine can't finds room on the bumper, grabs a door handle and the door flys open...he goes flying and the lady is scared shitless

...and wait till I tell you the one about rubber bands, paper clips, and Christmas ornaments at department stores
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:21 am

Smear the Queer or the politically correct Kill the Carrier

games of 33 on the b-ball court

500 in an empty lot of ball diamond

painting the strike zone on the school wall and pitching for hourss on end

Kickball

Red light, green light

Freeze tag

Marco Polo til the "doodie" came floating by

Spud
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:49 am

Yeah, I was aware of the name "Smear the Queer" but we always called it Kill the Man.

Kick the Can - we would play at night. Would lead to some epic games.

4 Square - I was good at this, mostly because I would call Bobbling. With benefit of hindsight, bobbling is bullshit.

33 - I forgot about this one until Larvell mentioned it.

Lots of Whiffle Ball, Kick Ball, Football, Soccer in the side yards

Snowball wars in the winter - a lot like FMB describes.

Grab Ass - tons and tons of Grab Ass. Mostly alone with the neighbor or Unlce Rick.

We played a game that we made up. We made Kenny climb up in a tree and the winner was the won who hit him with a rock. We only played once. I can't remember who won.

Volley Pig - In Chautauqua NY, there was a place where the bottom of the lake was all sand. It was easy to dig a hole really deep just using your feet. We would dig a hole and bury someone up to his knees. This left the water about mid stomach to chest high. This was the pig. The pig was able to move quickly in drastic directions and angles. Everyone else got balls of any kind and threw them at the pig who tried to dodge. We never did figure out a scoring system or any kind of winner, but the game had potential.

oihodis[
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:18 am

Tree tag...can't leave the tree

Stealing model cars, paint and brushes from Grants and putting them together on the roof of Loblaw's...then hoping down to steal a watermelon or jug of apple cider

Broke into a freight car one time in 6th grade.... it was filled with Marx Toys...no shit

Broke into my Catholic school 9 weekends in a row to play hoops...and stole ice cream

Grab and runs from anywhere.... esp Grants candy Dept...just grab a couple boxes of chocolate covered cherries and run like the wind

Rob pop trucks....old time trucks had slots on the sides filled with cases. beer used to come the same way.

Ride your bike up to the side of a truck when its stopped at a light, reach over grab a six-pack....and ride like the wind
Fire Marshall Bill

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:47 am

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:You and a few guys build a fort and stock it with snowballs then go attack another fort a few houses or even a block or two away..then retreat back to your fort and your arsenal of ice balls

Oh yes the ice balls and ice covered forts. I have brothers 8 and 13 years younger so even when I was well past the fort building age, I was able to pass on that wisdom.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:56 am

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:Tree tag...can't leave the tree

Stealing model cars, paint and brushes from Grants and putting them together on the roof of Loblaw's...then hoping down to steal a watermelon or jug of apple cider

Broke into a freight car one time in 6th grade.... it was filled with Marx Toys...no shit

Broke into my Catholic school 9 weekends in a row to play hoops...and stole ice cream

Grab and runs from anywhere.... esp Grants candy Dept...just grab a couple boxes of chocolate covered cherries and run like the wind

Rob pop trucks....old time trucks had slots on the sides filled with cases. beer used to come the same way.

Ride your bike up to the side of a truck when its stopped at a light, reach over grab a six-pack....and ride like the wind

It really progressed from tree tag, didn't it?
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"

Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:39 am

Dude ^^^^

Me and two friends won a stolen car in a game of 9 ball at the pool hall....in 9th grade
Fire Marshall Bill

Unread postby Spin » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:16 pm

Lots of wiffle ball, we copied the stance and mannerisms of our favorite players. Bicycle racing for hours. Lots of road rash over the years, but we healed. Football games, until someone got creamed and went home. Field hockey with wiffle ball bats. Basketball, soccer. Usually it would end up in an argument.

In the winter, stat-o-matic sports, if they didn't sell it or we couldn't afford it, we made our own spinners or dice charts using stats off trading cards. We had fantasy football and fantasy baseball drafts long before anyone figured out to use real stats. Shoveling off the basketball court to shoot hoop until our fingers froze.

Then came the hand held games!!! Riding the school bus was never the same.

Now we have video games, nobody has to get off the couch unless it's to take a leak. Mad controller skills wins out over strategy.

And it usually ends up in a big argument.
Except now everyone's fat.
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Unread postby exiledbuckeye » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:15 pm

motherscratcher wrote:We played a game that we made up. We made Kenny climb up in a tree and the winner was the won who hit him with a rock. We only played once. I can't remember who won.

Not Kenny.
exiledbuckeye

Favorite Player: OSU
Least Favorite Player: scUM

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:57 pm

exiledbuckeye wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:We played a game that we made up. We made Kenny climb up in a tree and the winner was the won who hit him with a rock. We only played once. I can't remember who won.

Not Kenny.

That's for sure.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby hebner20 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:01 pm

Larvell Blanks wrote:[b]Smear the Queer [/b]or the politically correct Kill the Carrier

games of 33 on the b-ball court

500 in an empty lot of ball diamond

painting the strike zone on the school wall and pitching for hourss on end

Kickball
Red light, green light
Freeze tag
Marco Polo til the "doodie" came floating by

Spud

^^^ forgot about those
FMB - Dang, you've been hard core all your life

good times indeed.
hebner20

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:36 pm

Fishing, bike riding, and yard work. The last one isn't really fun, but it seems that it was never finished.

You dudes ever build these:

We used to shoot them off and have to chase them down through woods and corn fields. I would sometimes add a toad or grasshopper as a pilot. I'm petty sure they didn't like it.

BB gun wars. 3-pump max. Someone would always get pissed, crank it like 8 times and bury a BB in a leg or arm. I've got a friend from HS that still has a BB lodged in the back of his neck.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby swerb » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:54 pm

Great thread.

Was a big wiffle ball guy as well. And driveway basketball. We'd keep insane hand written stats on both in spiral notebooks. Huge 2 on 2 summer leagues of both.

Football, basketball, and Marco Polo in my buddy's pool.

Pack up the backpacks and take the bikes on a summers day journey. Remember the freestyle bike fad was huge for a few years when I was young. Buying a Mongoose or a GX and then loading it with cool forks, pegs, brakes.

Snowball fights.

Getting some money and going to buy candy at the corner store. And stickers for my baseball and football sticker books.

Taking the RTA bus to Indians games.

Playing pool at Franks Billiards and watching Cavs games at the Ground Round, both in Willowick where I grew up.

Buying baseball cards and trading em.

Jarts. Bocce. Golf at the Sequoia, the old par 3 course in Mentor.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:59 pm

You dudes ever build these:

My neighbor growing up would spend all of his money on rockets and rc planes every summer and we always ragged on him for not playing hoops and football with us. He flies private charters now for a living, does well, living his dream. Pretty cool.

We played alot of the same games mentioned above, but it got real when one kid in the neighborhood got a huge trampoline. Then we started to have 'king of the ring' tournaments when his parents went to work. Went about 5 months before some kid broke his leg and killed our fun. We also built a ton of forts in the sugar cane fields and pulled each other in broken power wheels towed from 4-wheelers.
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:28 am

swerb wrote:Great thread.

Was a big wiffle ball guy as well. And driveway basketball. We'd keep insane hand written stats on both in spiral notebooks. Huge 2 on 2 summer leagues of both.

Football, basketball, and Marco Polo in my buddy's pool.

Pack up the backpacks and take the bikes on a summers day journey. Remember the freestyle bike fad was huge for a few years when I was young. Buying a Mongoose or a GX and then loading it with cool forks, pegs, brakes.

Snowball fights.

Getting some money and going to buy candy at the corner store. And stickers for my baseball and football sticker books.

Taking the RTA bus to Indians games.

Playing pool at Franks Billiards and watching Cavs games at the Ground Round, both in Willowick where I grew up.

Buying baseball cards and trading em.

Jarts. Bocce. Golf at the Sequoia, the old par 3 course in Mentor.

Think kids could get away with that today?

Playing putt putt at the old place on Brookpark Rd

Go Karts

buying up as money comic books as my Cleveland Press "salary" would allow.

biking up to P-town Mall and roam up and down the aisles of Kiddie City determinig the next toy we HAD to have.

Little League games at State Road Park and ice cream at Zero Zest after.

Crab apple fights
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby Orenthal » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:08 am

"And stickers for my baseball and football sticker books." and "Crab apple fights."

Totally forgot about those. Classic fun. Used to put apples on the end of a stick and fling them over and at whatever they wound up hitting.
Orenthal

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:17 am

Orenthal wrote:"And stickers for my baseball and football sticker books." and "Crab apple fights."

Totally forgot about those. Classic fun. Used to put apples on the end of a stick and fling them over and at whatever they wound up hitting.

Crab apple fights. I never liked those too much. I had (and have) a bit of a pussy streak in me.

I absolutely loved those sticker books. I don't think I ever opened a pack of those without pulling an Ed Too Tall Jones. Anyone want to trade?

Do they still make those?
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:22 am

Quick story about those books. I remember sneaking into my brothers room and snagged a few of his stickers on the fly. I wasn't caught red handed but I cracked under close scrutiny. Since I could not be trusted to be truthful about which stickers I had taken, there ws only one way to solve it.

My old man took all of the stickers and gave them to my brother. I only got doubles. I was pissed and crying. It was totally unfair, right?

But it taught me a lesson. It must have been weeks, possibly months, before I stole anything again.

True story.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby swerb » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:36 am

motherscratcher wrote:
Orenthal wrote:"And stickers for my baseball and football sticker books." and "Crab apple fights."

Crab apple fights. I never liked those too much. I had (and have) a bit of a pussy streak in me.

I absolutely loved those sticker books. I don't think I ever opened a pack of those without pulling an Ed Too Tall Jones. Anyone want to trade?

Do they still make those?

I haven't seen em in ages. Not sure why either. Used to love those things. Was a race amongst my buddies to see who could fill theirs first.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby swerb » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:38 am

A quick Google search revealed, no, they don't make em anymore and haven't for a while.

Did find a FB group to bring em back though ...

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=44518294540

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby mistero » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:23 am

Ghost in the Graveyard
Pickle in the middle
playing with army guys in the sand box and blowing them up with lady fingers
throwing eggs at the mean neighbor's house at night/ TPing
prank calls
marathon monopoly or risk games
In Chud We Trust
mistero

Favorite Player: Miller High Life
Least Favorite Player: Natural Light

Unread postby hebner20 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:49 pm

Estes rockets. My little nephew just got one as a gift for his 9th birthday and it suprised me that they still are in business.

deifinately a cool thread. :clap: :cheers: :salute: :thumb up:

you guys came strong with good takes. Sorry I was "channeling" my inner Jim Rome. :pb:
Last edited by hebner20 on Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hebner20

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:52 pm

Also, the summer everyone else got a Super Soaker I was left with dimestore water guns and seriously outmanned. I set the curve the next summer though, cause when everyone else's parents made them use their original super soakers, I rolled out with the new, backpack version and almost drowned a kid.

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:42 pm

Spud guns. I forgot about those. PVC pipe, grill igniter, White Rain and some taters. Broke a backboard with one once.

Blowing up mailboxes w/ .30-06 shells filled with back powder and crimped over.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:46 pm

Fuckin sticker books, nice!

Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:12 pm

Erie Warrior wrote:Spud guns. I forgot about those. PVC pipe, grill igniter, White Rain and some taters. Broke a backboard with one once.

Aaaaahhhhhhhh yes, rack the shit out of that. And sparkler bombs in mailboxes.

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe

Unread postby Spin » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:22 pm

Erie Warrior wrote:Spud guns. I forgot about those. PVC pipe, grill igniter, White Rain and some taters. Broke a backboard with one once.

We made a tennis ball cannon out of tin cans. We cut the top and bottom out of 6 or 7 tin cans (not aluminum cans, I don't think they would work) and duct taped them into a column. The last one we knocked holes in the top, and one in the side near the bottom.

A little lighter fluid, hold the "cannon" while flexing your elbow to aerate the fluid, drop a tennis ball in, and hold a lighter to the little hole on the side. If you charge it up it'll send the fucker higher than you can see. It'll dent the hell out of the side of a car too...

You'd probably be arrested by Homeland Security if you did that today.

Dad still has a spud gun, we screw around with it when we go camping. Problem is taters are getting smaller and smaller, can't get a good seal...
Spin

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:14 am

A little lighter fluid,,,,,,,,

Covering ants with lighter fluid as they crawl along in concrete cracks then light 'em up

Caps from cap guns.... take a whole roll of caps and slam it with a hammer.....boom!

...and Jarts was a result of a game my age group played with darts....basically it was long range Mumbly Peg....Remember that?
Fire Marshall Bill

Unread postby General » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:24 am

Some of that stuff brings back memories...we used to hang out in the shadows at Shore Center near the old Fazio's store and wait for the bakery truck to come and then steal our fill of cinammon rolls and other pastries, We also lifted rubber balls from Gray or Leader drug also in Shore Center(for fast pitch off the wall at Erwine and Upson) by stuffing them in our tube socks and dashing. Later we did playboys that way. The railroad tracks at the top of E 260 were a source of continued entertainment, we discoverd the flares that were in the caboose and heisted those, often we would troop down the tracks to get to Euclid Avenue drive in and watch R-rated midnight movies undetected. We were a virtual crime wave, I am surprised we never got car bombed by Danny Greene.
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Unread postby Spin » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:47 am

That reminds me of chucking those pink spongy balls inside K Mart. Hitting signs hanging from the roof, hitting people 5 aisles up. Rolling them the length of the store. We only got thrown out once, at Gold Circle (another name from the past). That was for setting all the alarm clocks to go off a minute apart and turning up all the stereo knobs so when someone tried it, BOOM. Pretty lame stuff compared to hitting people with rubber balls.

They didn't care much for our tying a heavy sinker on fishing poles and having casting contests either. The collapsing pole we got stuck in the ceiling tile is probably still there.

Probably why I never worked at a department store...
Spin

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:21 am

Can of Raid and a lighter...
Orenthal

Unread postby Mr. X » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:26 pm

Erie Warrior wrote:

This was a favorite of ours. Always stopped in WV on the way back from vacation to stop and pick up some M-80s and other stuff that was illegal in Ohio.

A lot of home run derby.

Had a 4-foot basketball hoop in my room so we played kneeball, full contact style.

Street hockey.

We were always doing various pro wrestling moves to each other and I'm still shocked none of us ended up permanently injuring each other. I basically dropped my buddy on his head when he slipped as I was trying to Tombstone him.

There were a lot of bats in the woods by my house and we discovered they really like tennis balls. So we'd throw them up in the air while others stood around with tennis rackets trying to blast the bats as they dive bombed the balls. Only hit a bat maybe 10 times but when it happened, it was awesome.

I was also a Pogs kid.
Mr. X

Favorite Player: Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Papelbon

Unread postby Commodore Perry » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:46 pm

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:In 7th grade in the winter we played Get the Penny at recess

I want to play that right now.
All the Good Things Happening in Cleveland
http://www.clevelandnewsblog.com
Commodore Perry
Old School American

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:49 pm

The bat thing reminds me of "Rattin"

When golf got rained out in 7-9th grade we'd grab a 3 iron and whack rats that washed out of the storm sewers into the creek that ran thru the middle of the 9 hole course we played
Fire Marshall Bill

Unread postby swerb » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:05 am

Home Run Derby - that was another big one for me and my buddies. At Manry Park in Willowick.

Also did the all day putt putt thing. Place in Willoughby (Willow Plaza) ... could play all day in the summer on Mondays for like $12.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:43 am

swerb wrote:Home Run Derby - that was another big one for me and my buddies. At Manry Park in Willowick.

Also did the all day putt putt thing. Place in Willoughby (Willow Plaza) ... could play all day in the summer on Mondays for like $12.

I can't tell you how many times I played putt putt there. Used to ride my bike there with buddies. I'd take my own putter because, well you know, I wasn't some fucking tourist.

I remember being sad when I drove by and it was nothing but weeds.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Spin » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:03 am

Commodore Perry wrote:
Fire Marshall Bill wrote:In 7th grade in the winter we played Get the Penny at recess

I want to play that right now.

I want to throw rocks at Kenny.
Spin

Return to No Holds Barred