Text Size

No Holds Barred

Five ? Friday-6/13

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Five ? Friday-6/13

Unread postby gotribe31 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:24 pm

Quiet as a church in here lately. So, since no one else is going to do it and I'm stuck at work....

1) For the golfers: safe and short off the tee, or try to kill it and take your chances?

2) Most embarrasing piece of sports memoribila you have ever paid for?

3) Who's your favorite Indian? Not necessarily the best, but maybe a guy you were always a little bigger fan of than most other people?

4) Favorite beer (other than Christmas Ale, cause that just isn't fair)?

5) What is your least favorite city in the U.S. (besides Pittsburgh)?
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Re: Five ? Friday-6/13

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:17 pm

gotribe31 wrote:1) For the golfers: safe and short off the tee, or try to kill it and take your chances?

Grip and Rip. I'm going to cheat on my scorecard anyway.

Randy Livingston rookie card. Even after the injuries, I thought he could make it.

3) Who's your favorite Indian? Not necessarily the best, but maybe a guy you were always a little bigger fan of than most other people?

All time, Belle. Current team, Brantley.

Abita Amber or MGD.

Large city - Philly, PA. Small town - Alexandria, LA.
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"

Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:34 pm

1) For the golfers: safe and short off the tee, or try to kill it and take your chances?

Let it fly and hope for a good lie.

No idea what I'd answer for this one.

Currently: Chris Perez, All-Time: ManRam

Coors Light. I'm easy to please.

Ann Arbor
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby Squints » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:07 pm

gotribe31 wrote:Quiet as a church in here lately. So, since no one else is going to do it and I'm stuck at work....

1. Haven't golfed in a long time, but short off the tee

2. Not necessarily memorabilia, but I bought my daughter an Ohio State #2 jersey 2 years ago. She wore it all of 2-3 times as she resisted wearing it and I just gave up. She knew something I didn't.

3. Orel Hershiser. I was so stoked when we got him, although it was later in his career. The only t-smirt jersey I ever bought. Damn, I remember the team shop had practically every Indian in '95 on a t-shirt jersey, specifically remember seeing a Herbert Perry jersey.

4. Harp/Guinness

5. It truly is Pittsburgh, even without their football team. But playing by the rules, I'd say Newark, NJ. It lives up to every perception and stereotype. Close to home, Medina. It seemed like I got stopped by the police every time I entered that city when I was a teenager. Haven't been there in 15 years.
Squints

Favorite Player: Howard, Tim
Least Favorite Player: Howard, Desmond

Unread postby General » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:33 am

Golf is stupid.

Buffalo Bills snow hat, you know the one with the puff ball on top. Not sure why I bought it.
Greg Nettles.

Little Kings.
Toledo...Ohio not Spain.
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization-Do I really have to change this?
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Unread postby gotribe31 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:24 am

gotribe31 wrote:Quiet as a church in here lately. So, since no one else is going to do it and I'm stuck at work....

Grip and rip all the way. Only reason I golf is to see how far I can hit my drive

When we traded for him, I bought a game-worn Matt LaPorta jersey from the Huntsville Stars. I'm too embarrased to say how much I paid for it.

Sandy Alomar. Duh.

I love Great Lakes Elliot Ness, and like the Dogfish Head amber as well

Baltimore, by a lot. Not just for the obvious reasons, it just sucks in general. Crappy city, tons of crime, no nice areas outside of the inner harbor and parts of federal hill. Plus they suck.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:58 am

1) Anyone believing short = safe has never seen me play golf.
2) I don't own any. But Lisa received a Joe Jurevicius jersey approximately 3 minutes before he was injured and nearly lost his leg from a staph infection.
3) Jamie Quirk ( :lmfao: )
4) Plain Porter from Cornerstone Brewery here in Berea/Madison.
5) Atlanta without a single second of hesitation. They should re-enact Sherman's march and rid us of that airport and that entire infrastructure.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby gotribe31 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:17 pm

peeker643 wrote:

1) Anyone believing short = safe has never seen me play golf.
2) I don't own any. But Lisa received a Joe Jurevicius jersey approximately 3 minutes before he was injured and nearly lost his leg from a staph infection.
3) Jamie Quirk ( :lmfao: )
4) Plain Porter from Cornerstone Brewery here in Berea/Madison.
5) Atlanta without a single second of hesitation. They should re-enact Sherman's march and rid us of that airport and that entire infrastructure.

ATL=Worst airport ever. So naturally, it's a hub and everything goes through there. They say in the South that when you die, you pass to the afterlife only after a layover in Atlanta.
-----Abe Lincoln

-----Lars
gotribe31

Unread postby mitch » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:07 pm

Always use the driver whenever possible...only exception being if it's a stupid tight whole with water all the way up the right

Gerard Warren jersey

Buddy Bell. Kenny Lofton from the glory years

Stella Artois

Detroit. Biggest open sewer in the country.
mitch

Favorite Player: Joe Thomas
Least Favorite Player: Ben Toothlessburger

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:19 pm

1. Trees are 90% air...get out the driver and swing like Arnie

2. Didn't pay for it but I have OJ Simpsons autograh

3. Rocky Colovito/Matt Williams

4. Yeungling...support your local economy

5. Newark NJ
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby idoctribefan » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:35 pm

Golfing just for fun: Grip and rip. If it's any sort of competition: Play it safe

Don't have any that I'm embarrassed of

Victor Martinez

Yuengling

Philadelphia, PA. Lived there for 3 years during graduate school. When we landed in Philly for my graduation ceremony I told my wife, "Take a lot of pictures this week, because we're never coming back here."
"And three of the better guys in franchise history, Daugherty, Z and now Kyrie could get hurt in a rubber room full of cotton balls." - Leadpipe
idoctribefan

Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: #6

Return to No Holds Barred