Text Size

No Holds Barred

Partisan Politicization of Bin Laden Death Thread

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Re: Partisan Politicization of Bin Laden Death Thread

Unread postby Ziner » Wed May 04, 2011 2:19 pm

TMZ will probably have it this afternoon.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed May 04, 2011 2:21 pm

I knida think you have to release it.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Jumbo » Wed May 04, 2011 2:35 pm

Photo is irrelevant except for morbid curiousity. People who believe he's dead don't need it, people who believe it's a conspiracy will claim the photo is photoshopped.
Jumbo
Chowderhead

Favorite Player: is not Buster Posey
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby Cease » Wed May 04, 2011 2:53 pm

Colbert tweet for the win:

StephenAtHome Stephen Colbert
When you think about it, Barack Obama spent 831 days of his presidency NOT killing Osama Bin Laden.
Cease

Favorite Player: Gamers
Least Favorite Player: Chuckers

Unread postby gotribe31 » Wed May 04, 2011 6:24 pm

Supposedly Reuters has them, purchased from a government source.

The people leaking this stuff need to be subject to something much, much worse than waterboarding. Not just this stuff, but the details of other sensitive investigations and ongoing operations over the past 10 years.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed May 04, 2011 6:37 pm

gotribe31 wrote:Supposedly Reuters has them, purchased from a government source.

The people leaking this stuff need to be subject to something much, much worse than waterboarding. Not just this stuff, but the details of other sensitive investigations and ongoing operations over the past 10 years.

By chance do you have a link to the Reuters story?
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby gotribe31 » Wed May 04, 2011 7:12 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
gotribe31 wrote:Supposedly Reuters has them, purchased from a government source.

By chance do you have a link to the Reuters story?

I should just tell you it's on Drudge, and make you go there to click on it. :lmfao:

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/photos-show-th ... 58961.html
http://www.calgarysun.com/2011/05/04/ph ... raid-house

They are actually photos of dead guys from the scene and chopper wreckage, but none are actually UBL. Matter of time though, if they exist. Also, they were sold by a Paki official, not a US official. My comment on the leakers still stands though.

My version of a "conspiracy theory"...they shot him in the shoulder or something, everyone there that still has a pulse saw him bleeding and could assume he was dead, but he's really getting waterboarded somewhere for whatever intel is in his head before they dump him in the ocean for realz, yo. That's what I would have done if I was in charge of the op. But no one asked my for my opinion ahead of time. Fuckers.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Unread postby danwismar » Thu May 05, 2011 1:03 am

Seems everything went perfectly till the White House had to start explaining what the hell happened. What a comedy it has been ever since.

Someone said tonight it's like the White House is taking a victory lap in a clown car.

These guys like to say their problems aren't flawed policies...just bad "messaging". For once they're right.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/uXRD51
danwismar

Unread postby danwismar » Thu May 05, 2011 1:06 am

As far as the picture of the dead guy lying on top of a squirt gun...well, the jokes write themselves.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

danwismar

Unread postby gotribe31 » Thu May 05, 2011 9:29 am

CNN.com poll yesterday asked "Should the government release UBL death photos?" It was about 60-40 in favor of releasing them.

CNN.com poll today asks "Do you agree with President Obama's decision not to release photos of Osama bin Laden's body?" Figure it should be about 60-40 No, right?

73% agree, 27% disagree

It is AMAZING how much you can change the way people think just by changing around the wording of a question.
-----Abe Lincoln

-----Lars
gotribe31

Unread postby Ziner » Thu May 05, 2011 10:10 am

^ more likely answer is that people who support Obama changed their opinion based on his rationale plus some margin of error. Not surprising.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby skatingtripods » Thu May 05, 2011 11:33 am

gotribe31 wrote:It is AMAZING how stupid the American public is.

Fixed.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby danwismar » Thu May 05, 2011 12:03 pm

The "deather" thing is actually a perfect extension of the "truther" movement, more so than the "birther" crowd. You know...the people who still cling to the "inside job" theory...."bin Laden had nothing to do with 9/11"...."Bush knew"....."bin Laden has been dead since 2002"..."fire can't melt steel" or whatever, etc.

Both groups are whacked...don't get me wrong. And there are of course lots of folks who will doubt it just because Obama said it...whatever it is. All the more reason to release the photos, IMO. I understand the legit arguments on both sides...spiking the football, and all that.

See counter-arguments from left and right at the other thread.

danwismar

Unread postby gotribe31 » Thu May 05, 2011 12:43 pm

1-the handling of the press in the aftermath of the killing was a joke. Get your ducks in a row, present one united front, tell the story (preferably the truth) and don't waver. Armed vs unarmed, female human shield or no, level of resistance etc...no one would really care either way. But when you have different members of the same administration telling different stories all over the place, it gives rise to doubt the official account and allows for lunatics to start their own theories.

2-for the left to complain about consipriacy theories...now that's just funny. What's a bigger stretch...that the guy born outside the continential US to a Kenyan father who refused to talk about his youth was actually born outside the US entirely? Or that the president of the United States (who was president for less than 9 months by that time) who all liberals insist is an idiot who cannot tie his own shoes to have orchestrated the greatest mass killing of US citizens ever in the history of the country?

I'm not saying I think Obama is not a US born citizen. I'm just saying it is a lot more of a reach to suggest that Bush was responsible for 9/11 and most of the lunatic nutjob conspiracy theoriests are liberals.

Also 100% NOT saying JB is a lunatic nutjob conspriacy therorist, in case anyone infers that.
-----Abe Lincoln

-----Lars
gotribe31

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu May 05, 2011 12:52 pm

Al, I'd just say that I think it's a little over the top to so casually affiliate the nutjobs (truthers or whatever they are called) who think that Bush was behind 9/11 with "the left". I consider myself a democrat and am most definitely on the left. I know a lot of people and have family who are also democrats (at least I suppose them to be. they seem to be). But, I don't know a single person anywhere (that I'm aware of) who does, or has ever, bought into that stupid shit.

Truthers are fucked.

Don't paint me with that brush, dude.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Thu May 05, 2011 12:59 pm

Posting links to whackos with the intent of associating them with the opposition is politically expedient

IOW, lefty and the MSM like to keep the whackos in the spotlight

Posting said type links ad infinitum is......... Centrist?

lofl
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby gotribe31 » Thu May 05, 2011 1:02 pm

motherscratcher wrote:Al, I'd just say that I think it's a little over the top to so casually affiliate the nutjobs (truthers or whatever they are called) who think that Bush was behind 9/11 with "the left". I consider myself a democrat and am most definitely on the left. I know a lot of people and have family who are also democrats (at least I suppose them to be. they seem to be). But, I don't know a single person anywhere (that I'm aware of) who does, or has ever, bought into that stupid shit.

Truthers are fucked.

Don't paint me with that brush, dude.

Duly noted and apologize for the generalization. When I say "the left" I don't mean guys like you, JB, CDT and others who are left of center (or in JB's case, dead center). I mean the FAR left. The guys who are off the spectrum Michael Moore and his ilk. I have actually had real, honest conversations with a couple of people who actually believe that the US government was behind 9/11. They're criminally insane, and it takes every shred of restraint in my body not to haul off and punch them.

I disagree with the normal left, but respect them (you) enough not to lump you in with that crowd. So I do apologize, and guess I fired that off a little too quickly without taking time to read it and comprehend how it would acutally look.

Maybe show up to the Indians game next time and I'll buy you a great lakes and we'll call it even :cheers:
-----Abe Lincoln

-----Lars
gotribe31

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu May 05, 2011 1:16 pm

Oh yeah, dude, no problem. I wasn't pissed or offended or anything. I pretty much knew what you meant. I was just pointing it out. It drives me just as crazy when someone would use "birther" and "the right" interchangably.

And I do know and and friends/family with a lot of republicans and I don't know any birthers either. At least I don't think I do.

I guess maybe I'm being a little presumptive about the "not personally knowing any birthers or truthers" thing. I don't talk politics much to anyone.

Are you going to be back in town at all this summer?
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Ziner » Thu May 05, 2011 1:29 pm

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:Posting links to whackos with the intent of associating them with the opposition is politically expedient

IOW, lefty and the MSM like to keep the whackos in the spotlight

Posting said type links ad infinitum is......... Centrist?

lofl

:thumb up:

The right pulls the same shenanigans, but you are dead right. Turn on MSNBC you don't seem them debating anything of merit on the right, they try to debate the farthest out fringes (ie. non-stop Trump coverage). Nice journalism, but don't worry only Fox has an agenda. Pretending that anyone who is for less spending is a lunatic fringe righty is nothing short of ridiculous. As well to pretend that every tea partier is a bible thumping, gun toting, hypocrite, birther only concerned with abortion is equally as dumb.

Some people just might think that the government is spending too much money... imagine that.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu May 05, 2011 1:39 pm

Ziner wrote: As well to pretend that every tea partier is a bible thumping, gun toting, hypocrite, birther only concerned with abortion ...

Pretend? :hide:
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Ziner » Thu May 05, 2011 2:10 pm

jb wrote:
Soon you will hear some dooshbag, maybe bach,man, maybe Imhoff, maybe Palin, maybe Rush or Beck, question why a ) bin :Laden was killed and not captured

Forgot that far righty whacko Michael Moore.

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/article/m ... uted-27097

Oh and I might as well address your b) didnt bother reading the entire thing until my morbid curiousity got the best of me

Do you think Osama was really buried at sea because of his religious beliefs?

That’s bullsh*t -- "He was buried at sea according to Muslim tradition." I’ve got many Muslim friends where I live in Michigan. When I go to a Muslim funeral in Detroit, we don’t hop in a chopper after the ceremony and drop the body into Lake Erie.

We’re so worried about upsetting the Muslim world. We just shot him in the f**king head, do you think they care how we conduct the funeral?
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby danwismar » Thu May 05, 2011 3:44 pm

These are some of Moore's more lucid remarks of late, I'd say.

I don't agree that a trial would have been a helpful undertaking, but that's me.

JB was anticipating similar reactions from the right, and so far they just haven't happened. This kind of "we're supposed to be better than them" argument was entirely predictable coming from lefties, and like I said before, it's a legit "rule of law" argument to make.

But no one is suggesting that Moore's motive in making the argument was based in Obama-hatred. My point to JB was that if any righty made the identical "rule of law" argument, it would be unfair to assume (especially in advance) that the argument was being made in bad faith or out of mindless hatred.

I'm done with this, and officially climbing off JB's back about it.

danwismar

Unread postby FUDU » Thu May 05, 2011 6:04 pm

Now a days conspiracy theories are born and bred by the press and the government themselves by way in which they handles things. Basically there is little to no transparency, and in a Republic (where we the people are "the government") that is pretty ridiculous and IMO very unacceptable.

We have no accountability anymore, whether it be in reporting or in the government representing and answering to the people. So when you don't reveal information (and please stick the "information is sensitive to national security" crap up your ass) you create a cloud of doubt, you just add to the natural lack of trust people have in big government. Not to mention it reeks of motive most of the time. I don't want this to get off on a tangent but for fuck sake when the JFK files are sealed for decades why do you expect people to have inherent trust in anything you do.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu May 05, 2011 6:34 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
Ziner wrote: As well to pretend that every tea partier is a bible thumping, gun toting, hypocrite, birther only concerned with abortion ...

Pretend? :hide:

Yeah, Ziner that's spot on, except your forgot "racist". ;-) ;) :wink: Honestly what conclusion am I supposed to draw from a crowd of people with tea bags hanging from their hats? They make Code Pink seem well organized and clear minded, which is scary to say.

Osama bin laden had an abortion..... right thru his eyeball.

I drew a really cool picture in MSPaint of what i think Bin laden looked like after, but it wouldn't load, I wasn't real happy with the arc on the frowny face. But the dripping eyeball blood was spot on.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Thu May 05, 2011 8:31 pm

Osama's daughter is whining about witnessing her daddy's skull exploding right before her eyes...

Thats all the "proof' I need in lieu of pics

Till then, I can't wait for the movie you all know is comming [snide srcasm]....likely being written as we speak
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby FUDU » Thu May 05, 2011 8:33 pm

FUDU

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu May 05, 2011 9:13 pm

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:Osama's daughter is whining about witnessing her daddy's skull exploding right before her eyes...

Till then, I can't wait for the movie you all know is comming [snide srcasm]....likely being written as we speak

By Michael Bay
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu May 05, 2011 9:17 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
Fire Marshall Bill wrote:Osama's daughter is whining about witnessing her daddy's skull exploding right before her eyes...

By Michael Bay

And Starring The Rock and Johnny Depp, with Ludacris as Obeezy.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby FUDU » Thu May 05, 2011 9:22 pm

Anybody watching CNN (Michael Moore)?

Holy

Fucking

Shit

Lack of credibilty has been redefined. I'm now wondering if anyone has seen JB and Moore in the same place?

FUDU

Previous

Return to No Holds Barred