Text Size

No Holds Barred

Osama Bin Laden Killed, Body in US Custody

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Re: Osama Bin Laden Killed, Body in US Custody

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon May 02, 2011 12:54 am

Orenthal wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I figured it had to be an airstrike.

Everything I have heard has it being helo drop, small ground team. Hopefully they took a few shots at his balls b4 the one through his dome.

Now i'm just really curious. It had to be the Berets, Delta, SEALs, or Rangers.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby StewieG » Mon May 02, 2011 1:02 am

USA! USA! USA!
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon May 02, 2011 1:16 am

I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight, probably going to take a personal day off work tomorrow.

Fuckin A. I'm in awe.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon May 02, 2011 1:26 am

This is the texts I just got from a friend verbatim "Ohhhhh shit you stupid giant kraut fuck! IM comin over an we are SMOKIN A VICTORY BLUNT! and I don't want to hear yur bullshit about working tomorrow, we're getting blazed you asshole."

My reply "Ok"
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby YahooFanChicago » Mon May 02, 2011 4:05 am

Die bitch, Die! Rest in Hell Mutherfucker! Today there's justice in the world.

Great job by the Seals and CIA -- any of you out there thanks for that!

Gee Miss Crabtree, you're even pretier 'n Miss McGuilacutty...
YahooFanChicago

Favorite Player: Miss Crabtree
Least Favorite Player: Chubsy Wubsy

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Mon May 02, 2011 7:14 am

OBL still busy in the afterlife...

GhostOsama Osama Bin Laden by OpieRadio
70 virgins left. I need a cigarette and a nap.
3 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

although good ole American hate wins out...

JimNorton Jim Norton
I hope Bin Laden is suffering from erection difficulties because every one of his 72 virgins is morbidly obese.
5 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Mon May 02, 2011 7:17 am

Fuckin-aye bitches!

Turn the volume up and play this all day...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a0ORdQU
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Mon May 02, 2011 7:20 am

To all those who read "Lone Survivor", how proud must Marcus Luttrell be knowing it was a SEAL team that went in and did the job. It won't bring back the guys who died up on that mountain fighting along side him but like he said on facebook, "the gavel has dropped. Verdict was death".
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Unread postby jjgmyers » Mon May 02, 2011 7:33 am

Proud day to be an American!

Douchebags at work already playin the conspiracy angle. Do we really know it was him? STFU and be proud.
jjgmyers
I Heart Fat Chicks

Unread postby Lubber » Mon May 02, 2011 7:37 am

Triple-S wrote:Rumor is that kids are jumping into mirror lake at TOSU just like we've beaten scUM or something.

Rumor is true

Lubber

Favorite Player: London Fletcher
Least Favorite Player: LeBron James

Unread postby gotribe31 » Mon May 02, 2011 8:07 am

I'm only slightly more excited about this than I am for the Indians record in April. :hide:
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon May 02, 2011 8:28 am

“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon May 02, 2011 8:38 am

Wait, SSS is an OSU fan and not a Purdue/Clemson fan now?

I swear he said we in that post
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby jb » Mon May 02, 2011 8:58 am

Dooshwing GOP / Limbaugh criticism that he wasn't captured alive for trial and blaming Obama coming in 3...2..1..
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon May 02, 2011 8:59 am

e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby gotribe31 » Mon May 02, 2011 9:00 am

jb wrote:Dooshwing GOP / Limbaugh criticism that he wasn't captured alive for trial and blaming Obama coming in 3...2..1..

I don't think we'll see that. Like W said, dead or alive. I've yet to see anyone right of center (or right of JB, same difference) complain about how this went down, nor should they.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Unread postby jb » Mon May 02, 2011 9:03 am

gotribe31 wrote:
jb wrote:Dooshwing GOP / Limbaugh criticism that he wasn't captured alive for trial and blaming Obama coming in 3...2..1..

I don't think we'll see that. Like W said, dead or alive. I've yet to see anyone right of center (or right of JB, same difference) complain about how this went down, nor should they.

Meh. We say it fram Adam Pods last night. Almost the first reaction.

Barry's team gets Obama, but they still criticize the politics of personal destruction.

They wing-nuts will never give Barry a break.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon May 02, 2011 9:03 am

Sure, but you'll get JB trolling and complaining before anyone complains.

Same diff.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon May 02, 2011 9:14 am

Set your separate threads for the partisan shit and keep this one to the subject itself, eh?

Jesus Christ. The fucking centrists around here are some polarizing mofos. And everyone's a centrist for sure. (not singling any centrist out either but no one is ever wrong politically ;-) ;) :wink: )

Bullet to the head when he refused to surrender, body buried at sea (allegedly) to conform with muslim practices. Seal team operation based on CIA/military intel and the dude living in a 3,000sq foot 'mansion' 100 miles from the Pakistani capital (that oughta play well down the road).

Social media is something else y'all. And I wish they coulda announced all this at 11am instead of 12 hours later. Eyes are like slits from waching the coverage.

Lastly- Fucking hate that 'USA' chant. Horrible.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon May 02, 2011 9:15 am

http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/top- ... ed-killed/

At least left and right papers aren't trolling like JB
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon May 02, 2011 9:17 am

e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby gotribe31 » Mon May 02, 2011 9:18 am

So, to take a quick step back from the (totally justified) euphoria over the kill and the already trite politics of the situation, what does this mean for the near and long term safety of the country with respect to the threat from Islamic terrorism?

This slightly lessens the threat from Al Qaida proper, or AQ in PK, or AQSL or whatever you feel like calling them. That means that the long term, mass casualty, 9/11 style attacks that are planned and excecuted out of the FATA will be at the very least set back based on the death of UBL and the capture of any associated media/pocket trash. Good example of the type of plot associated with AQSL would the the disrupted NYC subway plot a couple of summers ago.

What this doesn't have any effect on are the attacks coming from AQ inspired disaffiliated groups/individuals, AQ in the Horn of Africa (al-Shabaab and their kin), and AQ in Yemen (AQAP, run by Anwar Al-Awaki). AQAQ was behind the Christmas airliner plot, and were the spiritual force behind Maj. Hassan for his attack on Ft. Hood. AQAP won't be effected by UBL's death at all, and if anything they'll be able to use it as a rallying cry to fire up the troops.

So while this is a significant tactical victory and will provide strategic intelligence on AQSL, it doesn't dramatically lower the threat from AQ affiliates and AQ inspired individuals. By no means am I dismissing this as "useless" because I think it's a great morale boost and will hopefully intensify the pressure on Pakistan to root out more of these scumbags. It was a great operation planned and executed by our intelligence and military forces, and the president had the stones to say "yes, fly into Pakistan and kill/capture this SOB."

A great thing no matter how you slice it, but also need to be cautious and aware that the war isn't over. It's kinda like the Indians April in that way. Really good that it happened, but there's a long way to go.
-----Abe Lincoln

-----Lars
gotribe31

Unread postby gotribe31 » Mon May 02, 2011 9:22 am

e0y2e3 wrote:http://blogs.wsj.com/indiarealtime/2011/05/02/from-abbottabad-live-tweeting-the-bin-laden-attack/

That's crazy. Dude live tweeted the attack and didn't even know it. He'll have more followers than Charlie Sheen soon.
-----Abe Lincoln

-----Lars
gotribe31

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon May 02, 2011 9:22 am

Good analogy this morning in that you should consider the terror network a franchise operation as opposed to a strict corporate pyramid function with UBL at the top. UBL considered the founder and a figure head at this point but still deadly due to his connections and ability to fund his revolution and others. It's going to spark attempts at retibution initially but it is a huge blow to the pysche and morale of AQ initially.

gotribe31 wrote:So, to take a quick step back from the (totally justified) euphoria over the kill and the already trite politics of the situation, what does this mean for the near and long term safety of the country with respect to the threat from Islamic terrorism?

This slightly lessens the threat from Al Qaida proper, or AQ in PK, or AQSL or whatever you feel like calling them. That means that the long term, mass casualty, 9/11 style attacks that are planned and excecuted out of the FATA will be at the very least set back based on the death of UBL and the capture of any associated media/pocket trash. Good example of the type of plot associated with AQSL would the the disrupted NYC subway plot a couple of summers ago.

What this doesn't have any effect on are the attacks coming from AQ inspired disaffiliated groups/individuals, AQ in the Horn of Africa (al-Shabaab and their kin), and AQ in Yemen (AQAP, run by Anwar Al-Awaki). AQAQ was behind the Christmas airliner plot, and were the spiritual force behind Maj. Hassan for his attack on Ft. Hood. AQAP won't be effected by UBL's death at all, and if anything they'll be able to use it as a rallying cry to fire up the troops.

So while this is a significant tactical victory and will provide strategic intelligence on AQSL, it doesn't dramatically lower the threat from AQ affiliates and AQ inspired individuals. By no means am I dismissing this as "useless" because I think it's a great morale boost and will hopefully intensify the pressure on Pakistan to root out more of these scumbags. It was a great operation planned and executed by our intelligence and military forces, and the president had the stones to say "yes, fly into Pakistan and kill/capture this SOB."

A great thing no matter how you slice it, but also need to be cautious and aware that the war isn't over. It's kinda like the Indians April in that way. Really good that it happened, but there's a long way to go.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon May 02, 2011 9:25 am

gotribe31 wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:http://blogs.wsj.com/indiarealtime/2011/05/02/from-abbottabad-live-tweeting-the-bin-laden-attack/

That's crazy. Dude live tweeted the attack and didn't even know it. He'll have more followers than Charlie Sheen soon.

That's what I mean in terms of social media. People that aren't utilizing twitter are missing out and somewhat ignorant to what it can bring and where it can take you.

Those who take it as FB lite are in the dark.

IMO it's the single most important social media/technological development of my lifetime.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Action Boy » Mon May 02, 2011 9:26 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
Orenthal wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I figured it had to be an airstrike.

Everything I have heard has it being helo drop, small ground team. Hopefully they took a few shots at his balls b4 the one through his dome.

Now i'm just really curious. It had to be the Berets, Delta, SEALs, or Rangers.

Two separate reports this morning said the Seals carried out the mission, but I also heard that Delta was involved......a combined effort from JSOC.

Alot of credit is being given to those involved and rightfully so, but my thank you lies with the young men who executed this flawless mission. Brave and heroic beyond belief. I would love to see the faces of the men who were responsible for the demise of the bastard, but I highly doubt that will ever happen.
Action Boy

Unread postby Ziner » Mon May 02, 2011 9:37 am

jb wrote:

Barry's team gets OSAMA , but they still criticize the politics of personal destruction.

Fixed, didn't want you to call yourself a racist. Maybe subconsciously you are a tea partier.

The real centrist shining through lobbing an attack on the righties on a day like this.

I am actually proud of Obama, it takes a nutsack to approve a mission like this seeing as it wasn't on some fuzzy border and actually fairly deep with in Pakistan.

Apparently Obama was watching on monitors getting live updates....if there was ever a time for wikileaks to get something productive. First youtube over 1 billion hits?
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Mon May 02, 2011 10:26 am

e0y2e3 wrote:http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/top-stories/130349/newspaper-front-pages-capture-elation-relief-that-osama-bin-laden-was-captured-killed/

At least left and right papers aren't trolling like JB

Edmonton, Philly and the Daily News don't mince words, do they? :thumb up:
Larvell Blanks

Unread postby jerryroche » Mon May 02, 2011 11:23 am

Osama's 72 virgins await him...and boy are those guys horny!
jerryroche

Favorite Player: Ol' No.32
Least Favorite Player: Ol' No.23

Unread postby skatingtripods » Mon May 02, 2011 11:39 am

Body buried at sea. Where's the fun in that?
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby danwismar » Mon May 02, 2011 11:39 am

For the first hour after the news came out, but before Obama's speech, it was widely reported (on Twitter) that the killing had actually taken place a week before, but confirming the DNA match was the cause for the delay in announcing it.

It was during this hour plus (approx 10:15-11:30)that Twitter was rocking with rumors and speculation....and jokes. My favorite:

"Jim Tressel knew about the bin Laden operation three weeks ago, but he didn't know who to tell"
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/uXRD51
danwismar

Unread postby StewieG » Mon May 02, 2011 11:52 am

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 3696&t=h&z%3

Google maps view of the compound. Some of the user comments are good. My favorite: "Great Hideout, Would Use Again"
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon May 02, 2011 12:01 pm

Ziner wrote:
jb wrote:

Barry's team gets OSAMA , but they still criticize the politics of personal destruction.

Fixed, didn't want you to call yourself a racist. Maybe subconsciously you are a tea partier.

The real centrist shining through lobbing an attack on the righties on a day like this.

I am actually proud of Obama, it takes a nutsack to approve a mission like this seeing as it wasn't on some fuzzy border and actually fairly deep with in Pakistan.

Apparently Obama was watching on monitors getting live updates....if there was ever a time for wikileaks to get something productive. First youtube over 1 billion hits?

I told CDT someone would come out complaining. Oh and the celebration was complained about too, or maybe just how they celebrated.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon May 02, 2011 12:03 pm

Larvell Blanks wrote:OBL still busy in the afterlife...

JimNorton Jim Norton
I hope Bin Laden is suffering from erection difficulties because every one of his 72 virgins is morbidly obese.

Gotta love lil Jimmy!
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Unread postby Commodore Perry » Mon May 02, 2011 12:05 pm

That fucker was living in a high profile mansion for 5 YEARS. Hard to believe the Pakistani government wasn't well aware of where he was. We sent in our special forces WITHOUT notifying the pakistanis. Clearly, we knew they knew, and they couldn't be trusted. Pakistan is now nuke worthy in my book.
All the Good Things Happening in Cleveland
http://www.clevelandnewsblog.com
Commodore Perry
Old School American

Unread postby Commodore Perry » Mon May 02, 2011 12:07 pm

Orenthal wrote:
Larvell Blanks wrote:OBL still busy in the afterlife...

JimNorton Jim Norton

Gotta love lil Jimmy!

also from lil' Jimmy's twitter...

Both were killed by a bullet to the left eye. From the list of 'Bin Laden - Moe Green Coincidences'.
All the Good Things Happening in Cleveland
http://www.clevelandnewsblog.com
Commodore Perry
Old School American

Unread postby danwismar » Mon May 02, 2011 12:12 pm

One thing I haven't seen commented about much yet is the White House's apparent use of the birth certificate issue early last week as a diversion.

I could be giving them more credit than they deserve, but I don't think so.

Everyone was questioning the timing of last week's press conference and release of the long form BC. If this was a strategic feint to portray the White House as consumed with trivialities and Trump and birthers as a way to provide cover for a military operation that they knew at the time was imminent (they were doing trial runs in early April), then you've got to tip your hat to them...and I gladly do so.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

danwismar

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon May 02, 2011 12:18 pm

Deathers lmao.
Orenthal

Unread postby skatingtripods » Mon May 02, 2011 12:22 pm

jb wrote:Meh. We say it fram Adam Pods last night. Almost the first reaction.

Barry's team gets Obama, but they still criticize the politics of personal destruction.

You didn't see shit from me about how it went down. You saw me criticizing Obama for what I thought was an incredibly weak, poorly written, and emotionless speech.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby Ziner » Mon May 02, 2011 12:27 pm

Still wish JB would come back to correct his typo, I swear if that was me, tripods or Dan he would be calling us out on a subtle attempt to be a racist. :thumb up:
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby exiledbuckeye » Mon May 02, 2011 12:34 pm

Orenthal wrote:I told CDT someone would come out complaining. Oh and the celebration was complained about too, or maybe just how they celebrated.

FWIW, not in message board land but here in real life, I just spoke with a coworker who lost their mother in the World Trade Center. She is upset with the street celebrations because that is what many in the muslim world did after al Qaida attacked us.

I myself thought that the street celebrations were pretty awesome until I heard her perspective. Now my views are tempered, but I still think it was kind of cool.
exiledbuckeye

Favorite Player: OSU
Least Favorite Player: scUM

Unread postby Ziner » Mon May 02, 2011 12:41 pm

We killed someone who is probably the largest scumbag on the face left on the planet. They killed thousands of innocent bystanders. No comparison IMO. Celebrate on.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby danwismar » Mon May 02, 2011 12:41 pm

Ziner wrote:Still wish JB would come back to correct his typo, I swear if that was me, tripods or Dan he would be calling us out on a subtle attempt to be a racist. :thumb up:

Just don't use his initials. That makes you a birther. (I'm still trying to figure out who the f*** Adam Pods is)
---

I didn't have much of a problem with the speech. As far as being "emotionless", remember this is a man who decided to give a "shout out" to a political ally before speaking to the nation moments after an Islamist nutball massacred 13 Americans at Ft. Hood.

But to be fair, had he seemed overly jubilant or triumphalist he surely would have been criticized for "incitement" and blamed for the (inevitable) backlash in the Muslim world that we will see in the days to come.

My only gripe with the speech was that by mentioning that he came into the White House and made getting OBL his top priority in the Afghanistan campaign, he implied that it hadn't been a priority for the preceding seven years. A minor quibble.

danwismar

Unread postby danwismar » Mon May 02, 2011 12:59 pm

danwismar wrote:(I'm still trying to figure out who the f*** Adam Pods is)

OK, I'm slow, but I catch on eventually.

danwismar

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon May 02, 2011 1:00 pm

Working from home today and still trying to wrap my head around which is crazier, this effer finally being dead or the Indians having two of the top five plays of the week on SC.... THIS WEEKEND
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby exiledbuckeye » Mon May 02, 2011 1:32 pm

Was pretty much completely disengaged from live TV/internet/smartphone after 12:00 yesterday and had no idea about any of this until I flipped on the morning news (I know...). This was the news moment that gave me chills:

exiledbuckeye

Favorite Player: OSU
Least Favorite Player: scUM

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon May 02, 2011 1:45 pm

e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Mon May 02, 2011 1:51 pm

So when do we get to see the corpse?
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon May 02, 2011 1:53 pm

You going diving in the Ocean to find it herm?
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Mon May 02, 2011 1:55 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:You going diving in the Ocean to find it herm?

No, because it probably isn't in the ocean, because we're probably being lied to as to exactly how, where and when this went down.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

PreviousNext

Return to No Holds Barred