Text Size

No Holds Barred

Facebook is

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Re: Facebook is

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:51 am

^I deleted my account long ago. The most hated part was the amount of people I hated/was never friends with who all the sudden thru the impersonal nature of the beast think I will friend them...

All has been explained about keeping things more private, but I also hate the GUI, and the fact the type of work I'm trying to head into frowns upon social networking.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby mitch » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:26 pm

I mostly use it as a place to practice my snark.

At one point, almost all of my 8,000 cousins, aunts and uncles discovered it and used it as a way of keeping touch, which was pretty cool.

Not sure what they all think of me now, considering 90% of them are bible thumpers, and a good 50% of my "status" posts have to do with alchohol (the rest are pure, unadulterated cynicism).

Despite my former reputation on politics, I tend to hide anyone after the third time I read their over-the-top political rants, and this includes my son-in-law. And for the record; I've hidden just as many from the left as I do the right.
mitch

Favorite Player: Joe Thomas
Least Favorite Player: Ben Toothlessburger

Unread postby General » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:58 pm

Deactivated today. I didn't want to be one of those people that I see sitting around in a social setting facebooking. I found myself doing it and I didn't like it.
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Unread postby Orenthal » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:04 pm

Good man. I don't want you to feel this has gone unnoticed.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Previous

Return to No Holds Barred