Text Size

No Holds Barred

Who has better city tax?

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Who has better city tax?

Unread postby Spin » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:25 pm

I work for a Cleveland based company, but am working out of the Akron office now. I still pay Cleveland tax.

Question. Does anyone know if I would be paying a lower or higher rate if I had that switched?
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Re: Who has better city tax?

Unread postby hebner20 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:49 pm

Spin wrote:I work for a Cleveland based company, but am working out of the Akron office now. I still pay Cleveland tax.

Question. Does anyone know if I would be paying a lower or higher rate if I had that switched?

In Ohio you pay withholding tax based on where you work so you have no choice. If you work in Akron your payroll department should have been notified and should begin to take out Akron tax. If you are on the road a lot and work in an area with no withholding tax you can maintain records and not pay any tax on the income for those days when you file your city return. Your payroll department should be able to explain this you if you need more info.
hebner20

Favorite Player: shoeless joe
Least Favorite Player: Barry Bonds

Return to No Holds Barred