Text Size

No Holds Barred

John Boehner, you have my attention

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

John Boehner, you have my attention

Unread postby jb » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:51 pm

For those of you who think I'm a liberal shill, I just started to seriouisly consider voting for him the next time he runs.

Finally, sense. Don't dismantle it. Don't treat it like a scared cow. But deal with it rationally.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/2 ... 29265.html
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: John Boehner, you have my attention

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:38 pm

You live in the suburbs of Dayton or Cincy? The 8th district?
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:47 pm

Eh, we'll see. Prove to me he isn't exactly like everybody else and I'll consider thinking about thinking about it.

Problem is raising the retirement age is a questionable solution to say the least. A more simple solution and one more justified is to stop giving money to people who do not deserve it. That is the tough love needed. Stop sending money outside of our borders, GTFO of these ridiculous wars that do not stand for or fight for ONE right of the American people and let's clean up our own backyard for a few years.

Raising the retirement age certainly isn't any type of morale booster and certainly won't win many votes when you still have so much money going to people and projects that are simply not justified.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:15 pm

Well, for probably a huge number of Americans there's no need to formally raise the retirement age. The banks taking a shit and the economic downturn that followed might have done that already.

For some folks the time between economic recovery (if and when it comes) and retirement age doesn't allow enough time to build/rebuild their retirement incomes to sufficient levels, so they'll need some sort of help to bridge the gap anyway.

Guess ya gotta start somewhere but there's a generation of workers who are gonna pay through the nose.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby jb » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:54 pm

Guys, SS was invented when saber tooth cats like ate people and the average age of death was about 68 for men.

You HAVE to move it back; and means test.

Or we go broke.

Choice set /

Bout damn time someone figurted it out and I don't care if it were palin.

And yes FUDU, Barrack will spend more on "defense" in his term than any POTUS ever. I'm with you and Biden. Just drone those dillweeds.
jb

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:56 pm

jb wrote:Guys, SS was invented when saber tooth cats like ate people and the average age of death was about 68 for men.

Or we go broke.

Choice set /

And yes FUDU, Barrack will spend more on "defense" in his term than any POTUS ever. I'm with you and Biden. Just drone those dillweeds.

No difference to me. Men in my family die young.

Probably due to our choices in women and proclivity for having daughters.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby jb » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:58 pm

peeker643 wrote:
jb wrote:Guys, SS was invented when saber tooth cats like ate people and the average age of death was about 68 for men.

Or we go broke.

Choice set /

Or hunting accidents?
jb

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:26 pm

jb wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

Or we go broke.

Choice set /

Or hunting accidents?

God, that would be way too easy a way out. No.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Ziner » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:58 pm

Or we go broke.

Choice set /

Wow, for once we are on the same side. I just doubt Boehner will be in a position to get it done. No way the GOP holds a filibuster proof majority in the Senate while Boehner is running the show with a GOP President. If they were going to make a move on SS they needed to do it in early 2001.

It is all unsustainable. One day it will have to be dealt with, I just have my doubts that the people in Washington are going to be proactive.

Oh, and you are still a shill. ;-) ;) :wink:
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:20 am

peeker643 wrote:Well, for probably a huge number of Americans there's no need to formally raise the retirement age. The banks taking a shit and the economic downturn that followed might have done that already.

For some folks the time between economic recovery (if and when it comes) and retirement age doesn't allow enough time to build/rebuild their retirement incomes to sufficient levels, so they'll need some sort of help to bridge the gap anyway.

Guess ya gotta start somewhere but there's a generation of workers who are gonna pay through the nose.

The New Gospel accoring to peek...rack it!

No need for a cancer cure either...[LOFL/smirk] Clarification: No, I do NOT believe there is an urgency for a cure as there is too much money to be made in treatments

Moi? I don't care. I'm one of those guys who will work till I'm 80 anyways just to prove I can
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:29 am

And yes FUDU, Barack will spend more on "defense" in his term than any POTUS ever. I'm with you and Biden. Just drone those dillweeds.

Personally I'm a "World Needs Glass Too" kinda guy also... :thumb up:

However, I don't see what Biden has to do with anything. He's put the 'useless dumbass' back into the Vice Presidency and quite frankly if you think he's a better VP choice than say....Palin...you've just lost your cred : )

The only diff between Biden and Spiro Agnew is 75 injections of botox
Fire Marshall Bill

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:44 am

Fuck John Boehner, he's a blight on the state of Ohio and I hope he gets struck by lightning and then gets eaten by crows. I'd like to drive an icepick right thru his man-tanned faced. He's also clearly a closet homosexual.

There isn't going to be any SS left for me anyways, so I just assume not pay anymore in and take out what I put in like yesterday. I'll take my money and use it the way I want.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:41 pm

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:
And yes FUDU, Barack will spend more on "defense" in his term than any POTUS ever. I'm with you and Biden. Just drone those dillweeds.

Personally I'm a "World Needs Glass Too" kinda guy also... :thumb up:

However, I don't see what Biden has to do with anything. He's put the 'useless dumbass' back into the Vice Presidency and quite frankly if you think he's a better VP choice than say....Palin...you've just lost your cred : )

The only diff between Biden and Spiro Agnew is 75 injections of botox
Did Biden get hit with a tennis ball @ Wimbledon?

FUDU

Unread postby waborat » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:42 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:so I just assume not pay anymore in and take out what I put in like yesterday. I'll take my money and use it the way I want.

Careful Dude...

Gettin real close to being a closet-outing-conservative with those words...

Although IMO, maybe your most impressive political post yet ;-) ;) :wink:
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:11 pm

JB the following question is inherent any time SS talk comes up. Do you feel we should still even have a SS program?

Do you feel we the people should be able to opt out of it if we choose to? If we decided to end the program do you believe EVERYBODY should be allowed to get some of their contribution(s) back?

FUDU

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:17 pm

waborat wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:so I just assume not pay anymore in and take out what I put in like yesterday. I'll take my money and use it the way I want.

Careful Dude...

Remember when SS funds were considered untouchable?

There would be plenty of $ there if not for politician greed....

Correct me if I'm wrong that it was Democratic controlled Congresses that passed the laws that opened the doors to the SS Bank and sent everythning inside to the Pork Factory to curry political favor and votes so they could extend their OWN pay and benifits in virtual perpetuity as displayed by the recent long overdue death of Lord of the Stith

See how they smile like pigs in a sty
see how they snide
Fire Marshall Bill

Unread postby JoJo White » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:29 am

Someone mentioned this a few months ago...can't think who it was...oh yeah! It was me!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17569
JoJo White

Favorite Player: Johann Olav Koss
Least Favorite Player: Zola Budd

Unread postby jb » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:14 pm

FUDU wrote:JB the following question is inherent any time SS talk comes up. Do you feel we should still even have a SS program?

Do you feel we the people should be able to opt out of it if we choose to? If we decided to end the program do you believe EVERYBODY should be allowed to get some of their contribution(s) back?

No. We need SS. here's why.

On occasion as much as conservatives / liberatarians hate this, people ARE too dumb to be left to their own devices. The overall societal cost is too high. There are far too many people unable/unwilling to save to fully self fund retirement. So you either do it for them, or you have thousands of homeless, starving old people laying around the streets dying. It'd be Calcutta.

The stock market fall should also have taught a lesson. Investments are stagnating. Wages (real) are stagnating. It is a lost half-decade as far as anything more than the money you saved and put in safe investments.

But SS also needs to be recognized as the pnzi scheme it is and stop being viewed as an entitlement. If it takes Boehner to push the aganda, so be it. I don't care it if is that whack job bitch in nevada.
jb

Unread postby jb » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:15 pm

waborat wrote:

Careful Dude...

Bullshit. It's a numbers game. Too many of you bayboos, not enough of us to pay for you, and you all never die. Ur also the problem with health care. ;-)
jb

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:45 pm

jb wrote:
waborat wrote:

Careful Dude...

Bullshit. It's a numbers game. Too many of you bayboos, not enough of us to pay for you, and you all never die. Ur also the problem with health care. ;-)

Bullshit. As usual yir wrong

SS WAS untouchable at one time and it was yir Dumbocrats who opened the can and used it for votes

In any event, all the Boomers got married and had two kids who work so yir full of shit blamin us.... :spar:

Its your generation and those after you that has spawned the entitlement epidemic. Yir kids are lazy and grew up playing video games like yourself and others your age....in fact, from what I read, yir still all playing video games

You go talk to business ownners and ask THEM what they think of the current young workforce and get back to me, K?...cuz we all feel the same.

I have a friend who owns a drywall biz. He showed up one day and read a riot act to a crew that was underperforming. Some young kid told him, and I quote, "This is the 21st Century. Those days are over. People don't work like that anymore. Get used to it."

So, my buddy Tom thinks for a moment and says to him..."This is my business not yours. Thats how we work here. You're fired. Get used to it."

FUDU and I are correct. For the last 20 yrs the money has been used for everything BUT what it was intended for including handouts to illegal aliens

...and yir insinuations that we're not compassionate to those in need is bw'esque

Fact is I have a son in the system for 14 yrs due to his schitzophrenia who was just hospitalized this past Sunday

My bitches are against things like 60% of the National Health Care Budget for mental health being used for AIDS research....and funding illegal aliens and their broods

Yir readin' headlines and political bullshit....I'm livin' the reality
Fire Marshall Bill

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:25 pm

On occasion as much as conservatives / liberatarians hate this, people ARE too dumb to be left to their own devices. The overall societal cost is too high. There are far too many people unable/unwilling to save to fully self fund retirement. So you either do it for them, or you have thousands of homeless, starving old people laying around the streets dying. It'd be Calcutta.

The stock market fall should also have taught a lesson. Investments are stagnating. Wages (real) are stagnating. It is a lost half-decade as far as anything more than the money you saved and put in safe investments.

But SS also needs to be recognized as the pnzi scheme it is and stop being vi
WE do not need SS, sure some people would need it but meanwhile the country is being held hostage by the SS system. Just let me opt out, giving me a portion of what I put in already. The ideal situation would be to go to a fair/flat tax system and dumping the SS system at the same time. Doing that allows everyone to have more control over their own financial outcome, giving survival of the fittest and evolution a chance to run its course.

Believe it or not JB when you allow people to keep more of their money they become more generous as time goes on.

But looking at something like SS for the solution of virtual bankruptcy before putting a stop to the other unjustifiable spending we endure is not being honest and looking at the problem to its roots.

FUDU

Unread postby boilerdaveb » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:13 pm

Honestly, addressing Social Security unfunded liabilities would only curtail like 20% of the problems that the working class will face in the near future. More important is the unfunded Medicare liabilities that we will need to come up with. I have seen numbers estimating SS entitlemnents to be paid at about 15 trillion, but Medicare anywhere from 50 to 100 trillion. On TOP of the national debt already. There is no way to tax people high enough to pay for that, but all of these politicians will put off any solution until the poo hits the fan...by then way to late.

Here's exactly what will happen. People will be against tax increases, for good reason, because subsequent spending won't be cut at the same time. They will increase taxes anyways, than increase spending, resulting in zero sum gain. Than again there will be more tax increases needed because the original "hike" doesn't now cover previous and NEW spending/hiring. There will be no way for the private sector to grow enough to outrun the tax raises, and therefor it will be seen as "impossible" to cut gov't spending further down the road because of fear of job losses (as this is and will be the only "industry" that is still hiring workers...at a crazy rate no less). Finally, we default on our loans, and the dollar goes to hell. Can't wait. But I see no other way out unless they raise taxes WHILE chopping spending about 20%. Which can be done, as anyone who works in government knows about 20% of the workforce can be hacked and the slack picked up by others. Won't happen. BHO will do the opposite, increase spending so that everyone's only recourse is to increase taxes just to meet the budget. Bunch of clown shoes....
boilerdaveb

Favorite Player: Melvin Levett
Least Favorite Player: The Big Ticket

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:26 pm

boilerdaveb wrote:Honestly, addressing Social Security unfunded liabilities would only curtail like 20% of the problems that the working class will face in the near future. More important is the unfunded Medicare liabilities that we will need to come up with. I have seen numbers estimating SS entitlemnents to be paid at about 15 trillion, but Medicare anywhere from 50 to 100 trillion. On TOP of the national debt already. There is no way to tax people high enough to pay for that, but all of these politicians will put off any solution until the poo hits the fan...by then way to late.

Here's exactly what will happen. People will be against tax increases, for good reason, because subsequent spending won't be cut at the same time. They will increase taxes anyways, than increase spending, resulting in zero sum gain. Than again there will be more tax increases needed because the original "hike" doesn't now cover previous and NEW spending/hiring. There will be no way for the private sector to grow enough to outrun the tax raises, and therefor it will be seen as "impossible" to cut gov't spending further down the road because of fear of job losses (as this is and will be the only "industry" that is still hiring workers...at a crazy rate no less). Meanwhile we'll be granting amnesty and creating an even larger pool of people to draw from the entitlements, except there will be no way to stop them b/c they'll be legal now. Finally, we default on our loans, and the dollar goes to hell. Can't wait. But I see no other way out unless they raise taxes WHILE chopping spending about 20%. Which can be done, as anyone who works in government knows about 20% of the workforce can be hacked and the slack picked up by others. Won't happen. BHO will do the opposite, increase spending so that everyone's only recourse is to increase taxes just to meet the budget. Bunch of clown shoes....
Fixed.

FUDU

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:53 pm

That sure was a lot of words just to say 'National Sales Tax'
Fire Marshall Bill

Unread postby Orenthal » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:20 pm

"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:03 am

Rack him!

Drug gangs are holding American soil hostage and this president is suing a State attempting to deal with an invasion of illegal aliens. Channeling Willie Clinton vs Bill Gates

The only jobs are oil eating asphalt and IRS agents and the Speaker of the House thinks that sending out unemployment checks is the "best way to create jobs"

We're lead by an clueless empty suit who makes nice speeches in front of telepromters and a senile old hag who never wwanted for anything in her life

Kathleen Parker was right yesterday in the first paragraph she wrote....

If Clinton was the first black President, Obama is the first female President
Fire Marshall Bill

Unread postby Commodore Perry » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:48 pm

jb wrote:

But SS also needs to be recognized as the pnzi scheme it is and stop being viewed as an entitlement. If it takes Boehner to push the aganda, so be it. I don't care it if is that whack job bitch in nevada.

Well put.

I would add to this though, that while a SS system is needed, the fact that it was implemented as a pyramid scheme is among the greatest crimes against the American middle class.

Raising the retirement age simply makes a terrible system get by, by offering a lower lifetime payout.

If you are going to ask the average American worker to put over 10% of his pay into this system he ought to be able to retire comfortably, not wait until he is 70 and then only receive meager payments. America should be able to do better then this for our citizens that work hard over a entire lifetime.

I'm not saying it should go into the stock market, but there have to be better investment strategies then what bernie madoff is in jail for.
Commodore Perry
Old School American

Unread postby Commodore Perry » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:54 pm

From the article:

"There's a political rebellion brewing, and I don't think we've seen anything like it since 1776."

But he charged that the "American people have written off the Democrats. They're willing to look at [Republicans] again."

That's just it though, there is a poltical rowdiness out there, but it isn't about switching from Dems to Repubs. The American people have written off both parties, we're done with these back and forth games. If a real leader could come about, drawing on these issues that are angering both liberal and conservative people, there could be a legitimate third party movement.
Commodore Perry
Old School American

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:10 pm

Rack him!

Drug gangs are holding American soil hostage and this president is suing a State attempting to deal with an invasion of illegal aliens. Channeling Willie Clinton vs Bill Gates

The only jobs are oil eating asphalt and IRS agents and the Speaker of the House thinks that sending out unemployment checks is the "best way to create jobs"

We're lead by an clueless empty suit who makes nice speeches in front of telepromters and a senile old hag who never wwanted for anything in her life

Kathleen Parker was right yesterday in the first paragraph she wrote....

If Clinton was the first black President, Obama is the first female President
Damn FMB that just might be the best political sig line ever.

F'ing hilarious and pretty accurate too.

FUDU

Unread postby jb » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:01 am

boilerdaveb wrote:Honestly, addressing Social Security unfunded liabilities would only curtail like 20% of the problems that the working class will face in the near future. More important is the unfunded Medicare liabilities that we will need to come up with. I have seen numbers estimating SS entitlemnents to be paid at about 15 trillion, but Medicare anywhere from 50 to 100 trillion. On TOP of the national debt already. There is no way to tax people high enough to pay for that, but all of these politicians will put off any solution until the poo hits the fan...by then way to late.

Here's exactly what will happen. People will be against tax increases, for good reason, because subsequent spending won't be cut at the same time. They will increase taxes anyways, than increase spending, resulting in zero sum gain. Than again there will be more tax increases needed because the original "hike" doesn't now cover previous and NEW spending/hiring. There will be no way for the private sector to grow enough to outrun the tax raises, and therefor it will be seen as "impossible" to cut gov't spending further down the road because of fear of job losses (as this is and will be the only "industry" that is still hiring workers...at a crazy rate no less). Finally, we default on our loans, and the dollar goes to hell. Can't wait. But I see no other way out unless they raise taxes WHILE chopping spending about 20%. Which can be done, as anyone who works in government knows about 20% of the workforce can be hacked and the slack picked up by others. Won't happen. BHO will do the opposite, increase spending so that everyone's only recourse is to increase taxes just to meet the budget. Bunch of clown shoes....

Welcome Boiler Dave.

Can't say I disagree.

But to single out Obama is retarded. The GOP had a decade in the House replete with control of both chambers. Did they remotely TCB ? F no. They just funnelled it out to their constituency, just running up new debt for no reason just like the other guys do, except at least there is some Keynesian logic at play. In fact, with zero fiscal challenges, W and Army and most of the fucksticks funding the teabaggers are at the heart of this mess.

Obabma is mostly the maid after Led Zeppelin was in the hotel room for a week.
jb

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:10 pm

jb wrote:Obabma is mostly the maid after Led Zeppelin was in the hotel room for a week.

:lmfao:
Orenthal

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:13 pm

My documented disdain for the pigs, liars and thieves throughout DC make me immune to a partisan attack here....imo

That being said, a good maid would have at least taken out the trash and vaccumed the floor by now, eh?

I mean, I wasn't expecting the silver to get polished yet but, I've yet to see the exterminator show up either, which needs to get done before the drapes can be steamed...

Perhaps you meant 'butler' cuz "Mo' tea, Sir" is all I'm seein'? :pop: IOW, same 'ol same 'ol

...and I don't drink tea OR eat shit served up on silver platters by empty suits so if the Fool in Cheif can't even dust the tables or open the windows for some fresh air then its time to get a new "maid"

Nice line tho, I'll give ya props for that
Fire Marshall Bill

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:25 pm

Yeah if the maid's name was Keith Moon maybe...

Best way to fix over spending is to spend much more. That's how I fix my finances when in debt. Don't even try for a second any responsibility. Never try that, anywhere in the budget. Not even as a token effort, ever.

How about that 1919 depression? Where is Andrew Mellon when you need him...
Orenthal

Unread postby boilerdaveb » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:17 am

Welcome Boiler Dave.

Can't say I disagree.

But to single out Obama is retarded. The GOP had a decade in the House replete with control of both chambers. Did they remotely TCB ? F no. They just funnelled it out to their constituency, just running up new debt for no reason just like the other guys do, except at least there is some Keynesian logic at play. In fact, with zero fiscal challenges, W and Army and most of the fucksticks funding the teabaggers are at the heart of this mess.

The only reason that I "singled" him out is that he is the leader of the party in power. And that is what he/his party will do. Hence his "talk" last week stating that he is going to hold the other party to their word, that they want to cut the deficit. He will address that next year, when he will say that he has to raise taxes to meet the budget that this congress has put forth. The problem will be his lack of spending cuts to coincide, which will further slow the economy.

Bush was certainly an overspender, by all means. But the Congress/Executive branch have been spending more than they take in for over 50 years...50 years!!!! Noone said this is a new phenomenon. To not hold the current regime responsible just because the previous one (or 20) regimes overspent is just as rediculous. When Bush came into office the budget was 1.2 trillion, when he left it was 2.9 trillion. Now BHO has bumped that up to 3.8 trillion. This is the whole point, if every administration comes in saying the previous one screwed up so lets spend more to fix it...that's what won't work. Still waiting for the change...but won't hold my breath.
boilerdaveb

Favorite Player: Melvin Levett
Least Favorite Player: The Big Ticket

Unread postby jb » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:31 am

Orenthal wrote:Yeah if the maid's name was Keith Moon maybe...

Best way to fix over spending is to spend much more. That's how I fix my finances when in debt. Don't even try for a second any responsibility. Never try that, anywhere in the budget. Not even as a token effort, ever.

OJ, I'm closer to you than you think on this. Comes a time when a Keynesian nitrous oxide shot can't substitute gasoline. But tell me you are not equating the western macroeconomy with your checkbook in any meaningful way. cause there's no question it can get a shit-load worse.
jb

Unread postby jb » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:31 am

boilerdaveb wrote:
Welcome Boiler Dave.

Can't say I disagree.

The only reason that I "singled" him out is that he is the leader of the party in power. And that is what he/his party will do. Hence his "talk" last week stating that he is going to hold the other party to their word, that they want to cut the deficit. He will address that next year, when he will say that he has to raise taxes to meet the budget that this congress has put forth. The problem will be his lack of spending cuts to coincide, which will further slow the economy.

Bush was certainly an overspender, by all means. But the Congress/Executive branch have been spending more than they take in for over 50 years...50 years!!!! Noone said this is a new phenomenon. To not hold the current regime responsible just because the previous one (or 20) regimes overspent is just as rediculous. When Bush came into office the budget was 1.2 trillion, when he left it was 2.9 trillion. Now BHO has bumped that up to 3.8 trillion. This is the whole point, if every administration comes in saying the previous one screwed up so lets spend more to fix it...that's what won't work. Still waiting for the change...but won't hold my breath.

:salute:

Been that way since carter except for Bubba, but he substututed Chineese money.

Hope you post more.
jb

Unread postby jb » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:47 pm

PS - OJ, appropos of nada.

Word is the Justice Dept is getting ready to chalenge the AZ Immigration law in Fed court. This is proof that Obama really is hell bent on destroying what's left of his presidency.
jb

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:21 pm

jb wrote:
Orenthal wrote:Yeah if the maid's name was Keith Moon maybe...

OJ, I'm closer to you than you think on this. Comes a time when a Keynesian nitrous oxide shot can't substitute gasoline. But tell me you are not equating the western macroeconomy with your checkbook in any meaningful way. cause there's no question it can get a shit-load worse.

Only as hyperbole. Sure if they wanted the quick fix, its a hard steep crash of epic proportions. The kind of crash that used to happen pre-New Deal. Those crashes that are V shaped and usually lead to a nice boom. However, what I would prefer is the slow stagnant growth and probable sideways stock market that a methodical dismantle of the welfare/social economy we currently have. At the very least moving the mixed economy closer to laissez faire from socialist.

btw in this political climate, with a seeming public fervor for more fiscal responsibility I think Obama could sell this slow dismantle. He is the ultimate campaigner, and a savvy political maneuverer. I just see him as too ideological to shift as Clinton could/did.
Orenthal

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:27 pm

JB I just cannot believe Obama is going to go through with that lawsuit. The guys is so damn ideological, that as you said he is going to go down in flames. He did once say he would rather be a 4 year game changer, then an 8 year nothing as prez.

The Ideologue can see nothing wrong with what he has done in such a short period.

Too bad the GOP still doesn't know up from down. I'm liking this more aggressive Boehner.
Orenthal

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:14 pm

Orenthal

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:46 pm

jb wrote:Word is the Justice Dept is getting ready to chalenge the AZ Immigration law in Fed court. This is proof that Obama really is hell bent on destroying what's left of his presidency.
Honestly this guy is a complete schmuck, not so different than most of our reps but a schmuck none the less. He has zero intention of letting the people of Arizona get their way and he is on record with Senator Kyl in saying he has no intention of securing the border. Not even two years in and he has lost the country.

FUDU

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:49 am

Sue a state over your own failure to secure the border

Have NASA hold hands and sing Kumbya to Islamatard terrorists

Hire 100,000 IRS agents under the pretense of a health care bill that won't take effect for 4 more years

Bail out multi billion $ insurance companies and banks

Suck the cocks of Wall Street brokers and give them millions more to spilt amoungst themselves in bonus'

Bow to midgets and mulahs

Dear Mr Obama....you ignorant self righteous Jesus Wannabe tool

"IT'S THE ECONOMY, STUPID!"
Fire Marshall Bill

Unread postby jb » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:26 am

"You did alot of acid in the 60's didn't you Miller?"

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:Sue a state over your own failure to secure the border

yep. Valid.

Right. Obama's "fault" for not treating the non-crazy Islamic world as non-partners. . See your big, bold red finish. Anyone who gets shorts in a bunch over this is retarded. media matters is right. Who gives a damn? Next.

Hire 100,000 IRS agents under the pretense of a health care bill that won't take effect for 4 more years

I pay my taxes fairly. I play by all the rules. I'm glad the IRS nails those who don't. But keep whining about the health insurance reform.

Prevented a depression, and most of this happened on W's watch. Money being repaid. Had to do it.

Suck the cocks of Wall Street brokers and give them millions more to spilt amoungst themselves in bonus'

You do realize that the Dems are taking a hail storm of bullets for financial reform and contributions from Wall Street firms have all but been shifted purely to the GOP recently, right? Or I'm guessing that's news to you.

Whoop. Whoop. Whoop! This is the shit that watches your credibility go right out the window. How good was the pure owsley stuff anyway?

jb

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:38 pm

jb wrote:"You did alot of acid in the 60's didn't you Miller?"

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:Sue a state over your own failure to secure the border

yep. Valid.

Right. Obama's "fault" for not treating the non-crazy Islamic world as non-partners. . See your big, bold red finish. Anyone who gets shorts in a bunch over this is retarded. media matters is right. Who gives a damn? Next.

I pay my taxes fairly. I play by all the rules. I'm glad the IRS nails those who don't. But keep whining about the health insurance reform.

Prevented a depression, and most of this happened on W's watch. Money being repaid. Had to do it.

You do realize that the Dems are taking a hail storm of bullets for financial reform and contributions from Wall Street firms have all but been shifted purely to the GOP recently, right? Or I'm guessing that's news to you.

Whoop. Whoop. Whoop! This is the shit that watches your credibility go right out the window. How good was the pure owsley stuff anyway?

I'm aware there is nothing I have to say about politics or politicians that I can debate in my favor vs educated folks like yourself. Alweays have been. Just never gave a shit.

And like politics itself, I don't much care anymore about who may or may not find me credible when it comes ti ripping these tools a new ass, I just like to rant

If you wish to correct me for the class that's cool. But if my cred with you or anyone else is based on my politics and hate of politicians in general, esp dunces like Pelosi and Obama, then you're falling a rung or two on my Standards Ladder, too

I pretty much feel the same tho about anyone who still brings up Bush's name a year and a half into St. Obama's Reign....esp when they never mention Christopher Dodd and Barney Frank in the same breath...so dude, save yir indigantion for me and my political takes and just roll with it....or not
Fire Marshall Bill

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:54 pm

The following is a massive part of the problem:

According to his White House budget proposal, President Barack Obama will increase annual federal welfare spending by one-third, from $522.4 billion to $697 billion in his first fiscal year. Adjusted for inflation, the combined two-year increase of $263 billion is greater than any increase in welfare spending in history.

By 2014, annual spending on welfare programs will reach $1 trillion for the fiscal year.

“One in seven in total federal and state dollars now goes to welfare. But this is a completely unknown story,” Rector said. “This is not being reported. No one knows Obama is spending $10 trillion on welfare.”

Welfare spending has taken its toll on the federal debt. Since the beginning of the “war on poverty,” $15.9 trillion has been spent on welfare programs. The total cost of every war in American history, starting with the American Revolution, is $6.4 trillion when adjusted for inflation.

Welfare has been the fastest growing part of the federal government’s spending, increasing by 292 percent from 1989 to 2008. That’s compared to Social Security and Medicare, which grew 213 percent, the study says.

Adjusted for inflation, welfare is 5 percent of the gross domestic product today. It was only 1.2 percent of GDP in 1965, the report says. Also, over the next decade, $1.5 trillion in welfare benefits will be paid to low-skilled immigrants.

Still, high levels of poverty are reflected by the U.S. Census Bureau because the bureau counts only 4 percent of the total welfare spending as income when it calculates poverty. Thus, most discussions on poverty begin on the virtual premise that welfare does not exist, the study says.

“None of the $800 billion being spent is counted as income, so the Census comes back and they say, ‘Oh my goodness, we have 40 million poor people. We need to spend more money,’” Rector explained. “That is a game the taxpayer can never win.”

Changing how the money is spent could go a long way in achieving better results, the study says.

“Annual means tested welfare spending is more than sufficient to eliminate poverty in the United States,” the study reports. “If welfare spending were converted into case benefits, the sum would be nearly four times the amount needed to raise the income of all poor families above the official poverty line.”

Is there really any semblance of honest doubt why we're in the ungodly predicament we find ourselves in?

Welfare, section 8 et al--- 70 DIFFERENT federal programs for the "impoverished".

"It has to end, and it must end now.

Obama has been a miserable failure. I trusted him when I cast my vote. I will not make the same mistake twice. I will vote for the candidate who's plan for fiscal responsibility and border security closest mirror my own.

Maybe that makes me a DINO, but as a lifelong Democrat I can tell you that November will be a bloodbath for the Dems, as many who vote and believe just as I do are leaving the party in waves, further rejecting the socialist and leftist ideology this party has for too long espoused.

I will always consider myself a progressive, but responsibility---individual and collective--seems to no longer matter, and is now considered a defect rather than a virtue within the party. Their insistence in expanding the welfare state--which has proven time and again to be a failure of a collossal magnitude---really seals it for me"

Its not my work but it doesn't have to be, jb. I relate to it and thats what counts

That I lack the ability to put my own thoughts down as eloquently is irrelevant. That deep down I am as progressive and liberal as the guy who did write it even tho there is an R after my name, is relevant.

That you or anyone else doesn't know me well enuff to know that is...? ...well, I'm not sure. I guess I should open up a thesaurus and make an attempt to appear somewhat intelligent and therefore credible...but its wayy too late for that, eh?
Fire Marshall Bill

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:18 pm

jb...you'll be happy to know I've done some research on Obama's health care bill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omHUsRTY ... re=related

That led me to his fellowhsip with the Marines compared to Dumbya...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIHz5tevLAw

Which, ironically, led me to this little diddy on the financial meltdown....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMnSp4qE ... re=related

I esp love Schumer's take

Sorry, bro....but you're wrong...again...

...and every time you lay the blame at Bush's feet, you 'lose a little more cred'
Last edited by Fire Marshall Bill on Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fire Marshall Bill

Unread postby Orenthal » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:31 pm

Seems pretty disingenuous to just cast aside the fact our Space Agency's #1 task is reaching out to Muslims, rather then working on getting our asses into space.

Seems like money is better spent/wasted on something that pushes the boundries on thought/technology then on another guilty reach out.
Orenthal

Unread postby jb » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:39 pm

Orenthal wrote:Seems pretty disingenuous to just cast aside the fact our Space Agency's #1 task is reaching out to Muslims, rather then working on getting our asses into space.

Seems like money is better spent/wasted on something that pushes the boundries on thought/technology then on another guilty reach out.

Sure. I agree. But I owuld also submit that this is just Apollo - Soyuz by another name. Touchey feeley diplomacy through scientific collaboration. This is nothing new unless your FMB and roasted your memory on cid. ;-) ;) :wink:

But in reality our money is better spent on anything but NASA. This is another backward looking program, like Libraries. Technology and modern needs make this 40 year old vestage unnecesarry and validates those who claim government is incacpable of ever moving on and rightsizing.

If Obama werethe change agent he claimed to be, instead of trying to make a worthless organization thatdrains billions relevant via a peace mission, he'd do this:

- Abolish NASA and move any public sector assistance required to launch communications sattilites etc to the USAF.

- Take every single scientific mind, engineer, facility, and dollar and augment it. Direct it 100% toward developing renewable energy sources and applications, from inexpensive manufacture of photovoltaic cells to a real hydrogen-based economy. Stop the lunacy of leaving this to the devices of the R & D of big oil promising that corrupt industry the new energy pie .

He dosn't have the balls or time.
jb

Unread postby Orenthal » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:57 pm

Our hyperbole doesn't always get in the way of our common thoughts. If your gonna spend those NASA billions in the way they plan on doing, I agree, abolish NASA. Also onboard with a Manhattan style project to push the boundries of our current energy generation capabilities.

Where I probably differ is that I could give two craps whether it is green or renewable, only that it is more efficient, and a much higher output. The gift wrap (green and clean) comes after you make the discovery. Asking for that first is why we don't discover anything new... Oh, better stop with that hyperbole...
Orenthal

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:11 am

"You did alot of acid in the 60's didn't you Miller?"

Well, if you can remember the 60's, you weren't there....

.... but, to even broach changing the mission of NASA to some Lovey Dovey Islamofucktard Ass Kissing Contest or to eliminate it entirely is about as lame a take as I've ever read

...but what would one suspect from Hussein Obama and his lackeys?
Fire Marshall Bill

Next

Return to No Holds Barred