Text Size

No Holds Barred

Chris Matthews special tonite

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Re: Chris Matthews special tonite

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:48 pm

hermanfontenot wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Sarah Palin

Christ in a sidecar. Can we talk about the Nazis some more? :bag:

How is she so damn popular when it seems alot of Repubs don't want anything to do with her?
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:54 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
hermanfontenot wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Sarah Palin

Christ in a sidecar. Can we talk about the Nazis some more? :bag:

How is she so damn popular when it seems alot of Repubs don't want anything to do with her?

Some people love her, some love to hate her. Both get ratings so it keeps her in the news. There is a reason KO cant go a show with out talking about here and a reason FoxNews has her as a contributor.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:59 pm

But she's so dumb.

Don't you want a smart person speaking for your party? Someone like Pawlenty?

All she does is babble a bunch of folksy nonsense.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:06 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:But she's so dumb.

I don't think she's dumb. I think that's the way the media likes to portray Republicans. I can remember the media portraying Reagan as "dumb" back when he was President- and he was anything but.

I just don't think she's a right-winger. She's a self-proclaimed feminist, how can she be a right-winger?
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:14 pm

Dude.... She's dumb.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:21 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Dude.... She's dumb.

I don't give a shit if she's dumb. She's not a right-winger. That's all that matters to me.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:39 pm

hermanfontenot wrote:

I don't give a shit if she's dumb. She's not a right-winger. That's all that matters to me.

What is she then?
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:01 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
hermanfontenot wrote:

What is she then?

I would consider her right-liberal, CDT. Like most or all mainstream Republicans. Democrats are left-liberal, Republicans are right-liberal. I don't see much difference between the two other than rhetoric.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:09 pm

Interesting.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:24 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:The Right is a friggin mess.

Thought you said a while back that the GOP was obsolete or something along those lines... (forgive me for the wrong word exactly, basically obsolete or extinct)

If the right is a mess then they both are judging by our friends at RCP.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls ... e_map.html

3 GOP seats lost or likely lost, one toss up. Meanwhile there are 23 Dem seats lost or likely lost with 34 others in toss ups. Blame it on anti-incumbent anger, blame it on the economy, blame it on whatever, but that is severe losses by the Democrats. I'd really prefer to see them all (all as in 435 of them) beat, but this is a nice consolation prize.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:02 pm

I said the Right would go the way of the Whigs.

The Right as a unified entity is done IMO. The has been a big disconnect between GOPers and the Tea Party. You're gonna see Republicans lose seats to people further to the right.

Backlash can always been seen, we saw it 06 and we'll see it this year. The Dems will lose seats, but the Republicans aren't going to get anything done either, so the circle of monkeys fucking doorknobs will continue.

The GOP needs a leader. It's hard enough to beat an incumbent POTUS, without a standard bearer it's almost impossible. You've got 100 people all yelling different things.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:13 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I said the Right would go the way of the Whigs.

The Right as a unified entity is done IMO. The has been a big disconnect between GOPers and the Tea Party. You're gonna see Republicans lose seats to people further to the right.

Backlash can always been seen, we saw it 06 and we'll see it this year. The Dems will lose seats, but the Republicans aren't going to get anything done either, so the circle of monkeys fucking doorknobs will continue.

The GOP needs a leader. It's hard enough to beat an incumbent POTUS, without a standard bearer it's almost impossible. You've got 100 people all yelling different things.

But isnt the party with out the POTUS in office always seem like they have no leader. A leader will come out close to the Presidential election. If Obama continues to look like he can be beat it will be Pawlenty hopefully. What reason does he have to stick his neck out now? He is better off on the sidelines of the shit show that is DC right now.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:28 pm

You can never get your name out there soon enough.

The average American doesn't know Pawlenty from Joe Schmoe. Poltical junkies like us do, but normal people probably don't.

Oh and Michael Steele has been a fuck up of epic proportions.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:35 pm

On Palin:
She is a populist hack catering to a few golden conservative ideas. Beyond that she is as Herm said. A right liberal who is playing the, common woman, role for all it is worth. At this time of bloviating politicians she has created a niche, and has the echo of many talk raido hosts/apostles, who need a Jesus to fight for...

IMO she is a hack, and in 4 years will be just another anecdote in the long line of political celebrities.

On the FTBHC:
The bigger problem is the ongoing programs that give the worst qualified people handout money through the Department of Housing. Basically HUD hands communities huge sums of money to throw around as they see fit.

I was looking pretty hard into these programs, and I by no means make tons of money, I couldn't qualify for shit. You would think a city like Cleveland would want college graduates, with PERFECT credit and no debt to live in their city. Nope! However if I was unble to ever pay back the loan I could get special financing, grants, etc...

The opportunity to buy a home is not a right, and while I cannot speak for Donny on the overall welfare state. I don't think it is a stretch to say this can be extrapolated to many other social programs. Cut off the flow...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:39 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:You can never get your name out there soon enough.

The average American doesn't know Pawlenty from Joe Schmoe. Poltical junkies like us do, but normal people probably don't.

Oh and Michael Steele has been a fuck up of epic proportions.

Agree on all that. Lots of kooky left wingers beat the drum non-stop to aid in Bush and the GOP's demise in public opinion. Did they represent you? Where are they now? They are slowly getting boiled up again because this admin is not left wing enough. This is true of the right. Of course I don't think they are as kooky as the left, duh I am a right-winger, but the same slow attack is putting cracks in Obama.

Bush and Obama don't need help. They will both go down as pretty crappy POTUS. Damn extreme ends of the spectrum make the most noise, and in today's 24/7 media get wayyyyy too much coverage.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:44 pm

Orenthal wrote:On Palin:
She is a populist hack catering to a few golden conservative ideas. Beyond that she is as Herm said. A right liberal who is playing the, common woman, role for all it is worth. At this time of bloviating politicians she has created a niche, and has the echo of many talk raido hosts/apostles, who need a Jesus to fight for...

IMO she is a hack, and in 4 years will be just another anecdote in the long line of political celebrities.

Wow. This is almost creepy, my buddy Tim said the almost exact thing verbatim last night.

So you're saying she isn't just a hockey mom? ;-) ;) :wink:

On the FTBHC:
The bigger problem is the ongoing programs that give the worst qualified people handout money through the Department of Housing. Basically HUD hands communities huge sums of money to throw around as they see fit.

No argument here. HUD is a mess.

You would think a city like Cleveland would want college graduates, with PERFECT credit and no debt to live in their city

My question is how many jobs are there in Cleveland for the college grads? No being facetious, just curious.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:06 pm

I was an accounting major. Went right from college to the Department of Defense Inspector General's Office. From there became a Project Manager, for a construction company. I was too Type A for the DoDIG, it was typical stereotype government job/people from the time I was hired to the time I resigned, and I was originally on a track/trying to get a job with the FBI.

Long story short I had an in demand degree. Can't speak for the rest of the shmucks. I do know we laughed the career services guy out of our Advanced Accounting class when about 50% of us already had jobs waiting. I gradumated Cum Laude, but did not have an internship, and still had the job within months of getting out of school. Internships are golden though, I don't know many of my fellow accounting majors who had one, and did not get a job with the company they intern'd for.

eta:
I think the jobs are out there for those who want them, and are willing to perhaps give a little to stay in Cleveland. I think many use "Cleveland" as a built in excuse because you have to fight/perhaps sacrifice for these jobs. Anecdote, but my brother fits the bill. Understand Cleveland isn't booming, but a convenient boogeyman IMO.
Orenthal

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:34 pm

Interesting read. Especially for JB

Should be SFW, but it is from Playboy, not sure what ads will pop up. I read it in print.

http://www.playboy.com/articles/rogues- ... tml?page=1
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Previous

Return to No Holds Barred