Text Size

No Holds Barred

5 Question TGIFriday - The Cedar Point Edition - 6/11/10

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Re: 5 Question TGIFriday - The Cedar Point Edition - 6/11/10

Unread postby dem425 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:13 pm

1. Do you consume energy drinks?
Love 'em with Smirnoffs minus the energy drink...

2. You're 21 years old and madly in love with a hot, 25 year old wealthy hardbody. You are both talking about marriage, but she wants to keep her mauden name and hyphenate it with yours. Her last name is Fagg, what do you do?

My old man use to say, "the fuckin' you get ain't nothing like the fuckin you get!

3. What's your favorite way to prepare potatoes?

Small redskins quartered, mixed with olive oil, onion soup mix and roasted

4. Which is your favorite amusement park ride?

I shit my pants on an escalator

5. Downtime on a rainy day: television, reading or napping?

short nap after a quick buzz
dem425

Favorite Player: Dick Marcinko
Least Favorite Player: All Politicians

Re: 5 Question TGIFriday - 6/11/10

Unread postby jb » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:57 pm

waborat wrote:
Larvell Blanks wrote:
FUDU wrote:We figured out the 20yrs part when you said Gemini. LMAO.

;-) ;) :wink:

He could have said the Jumbo Jet

Holy Shit!!!!

More like 35 years ago?!?!?!

I was only tall enough to ride it one year before they took it down...I did get to ride it a few more times at the Exposition in Toronto in the 80's...Cool Ride!!!

Kinda like the old Bat @ Kings Island that only made it for a year or two in the early 80s...

Enjoyed reading everyone's nostalgic look at CP...My takes:

-I agree Millenium is the best at the park...non-stop 90+ mph from start to finish

-Dragster (when it's runnin) is a Wad Blower as well...Great ride to be on in the dark

-Magnum was good (about 10-12 years ago)...love how you can get on it now in less than 10 minutes though

-I'll give some good props to Maverick as well

-I agree w/ JB for Blue Streak memories...Could do without all the muckleheads & mosquitos in your mouth though

-Front car in Rapter is better than sex (most of the time)

-Mean Streak is sweet, but The Beast will always RULE!!!

-Dump Cork Screw & Iron Dragon already

-Bring back Roundup, The Rotor, Bayern Kurve, Earthquake & free parking

What? No love for Disaster Transport?
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby waborat » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:48 pm

jb wrote:

You mean Avalanche Run ;-) ;) :wink:
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Unread postby jb » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:08 am

waborat wrote:
jb wrote:

aka Avalanch Bore.

Opened the year I worked there. Worked near the exit. Never seen so many pissed off people -- and that's when it wasn't breaking.

Shoulda kept the JJ, or thing is, if they used smaller cars like on the wild cat, it'd be a ball bust.
jb

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:11 pm

jb wrote:
waborat wrote:
jb wrote:

aka Avalanch Bore.

Opened the year I worked there. Worked near the exit. Never seen so many pissed off people -- and that's when it wasn't breaking.

Shoulda kept the JJ, or thing is, if they used smaller cars like on the wild cat, it'd be a ball bust.

I bet you were the best employee CP ever had. Standing there smoking joints, rocking a ghettoblaster.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby waborat » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:53 pm

jb wrote:
waborat wrote:
jb wrote:

aka Avalanch Bore.

Friggin hottest ride in the park too...

You needed RayBans & spf 60 to sit on that thing...

You worked in the front of the park, huh?

Picture Taker?

Dog boarder/shit-picker-upper?

Probably the dude who changed out the kegs at the Beer Garden ;-) ;) :wink:
waborat

Unread postby Squints » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:18 pm

This is wear CP attempted to "Disney" this ride by putting it indoors with AC. Did they alter the track at all or did they just build a building around it? I remember the first year looking at the building with 12-E on it wondering what the hell it was. My friend and I eventually got in line, mostly because it was boiling that day. Then we became freaked out by the dudes in pink outfits with the black-light telling us that we are going on some odyssey and we left scratching our heads, trying to figure it out. Never been on that ride since.

Was the Mine Ride removed? Now that was a waste of space.
Squints

Favorite Player: Howard, Tim
Least Favorite Player: Howard, Desmond

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:27 pm

I think the Wicked Twister is where the Mine Ride was. I could be totaly wrong though since I haven't been there since the 1st season of Top Thrill Dragster.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Ziner » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:40 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I think the Wicked Twister is where the Mine Ride was. I could be totaly wrong though since I haven't been there since the 1st season of Top Thrill Dragster.

Nah, Mine Ride is back by the Mean Streak and Snake River Falls. I am not sure what was where the wicked twister is now, but I think it was the Ocean Motion... that damn boat that goes back and forth.

True story I got stuck on that one time, the tire wouldnt come up to slow it so we had to sit there for a half hour letting it stop rocking. At one point they tried throwing us a rope to tie to the mast of the boat. I thought I was going to puke when I got off it. Not as bad as getting stuck on the Raptor when the seats wouldnt release for over an hour when I had to take a piss.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby Squints » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:50 pm

The Wicked Twister is right next to the beach near the front part of the park.
Squints

Favorite Player: Howard, Tim
Least Favorite Player: Howard, Desmond

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:52 pm

Yes the Mine Ride is still there......

And the Wicked Twister is over by the incredible Disaster Transport.

I guess I could've looked at the map before, but shit, you only live once, right?
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby waborat » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:31 am

Ziner wrote:True story I got stuck on that one time, the tire wouldnt come up to slow it so we had to sit there for a half hour letting it stop rocking. At one point they tried throwing us a rope to tie to the mast of the boat. I thought I was going to puke when I got off it. Not as bad as getting stuck on the Raptor when the seats wouldnt release for over an hour when I had to take a piss.

About 10 years ago, I got stuck on Riptide while hanging 150' in the air on that damn bungie cord...

My S-i-L's boyfriend and his daughter were on either side of me and everytime they told him to pull the cord nothing happened...His teenage daughter is freaking out after a few minutes and we're trying to calm her...After about 20 minutes, the boyfriend leans over to me and whispers that he just pissed his pants...I'm thinking in my head that I sure hope the Sandusky fire department has one huge ladder truck

We were up there for close to 40 minutes before they could get us back down on the ground...they untangled some straps and wallah, they pull us back up in the air...

The next time it worked, but the entire thrill lasted close to 50 minutes...Well worth the $15 I spent to ride it, but I still think that where my high blood pressure started
waborat

Unread postby jb » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:35 am

waborat wrote:
jb wrote:
waborat wrote:
jb wrote:

aka Avalanch Bore.

Friggin hottest ride in the park too...

You needed RayBans & spf 60 to sit on that thing...

You worked in the front of the park, huh?

Picture Taker?

Dog boarder/shit-picker-upper?

Probably the dude who changed out the kegs at the Beer Garden ;-) ;) :wink:

Only after hours after punching out. Worked there all summer and came back with like $ 50.00. Stayed in like 3 nights all summer long. Like the first week of college all summer long with better weather. Left me with some great stories and a drive to never, ever, work any sort of line again.

Anyway, yer way off. I worked mostly at old school Kiddieland. :lmfao:

Scarry thought of the day for sme out there: if you visited The Land in the summer of 1985 as a shawty I probably helped you into a helicopter or dune buggy. 10 hours a day of lifting lil 40 pound sacks of potatoes into rides and flirting with MILFs. I did get 1 day a week at the now defunct Mill Race flume ride, which was fairly epic.

"Keep your hand inside the boat."
jb

Unread postby Ziner » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:59 am

jb wrote:
Only after hours after punching out. Worked there all summer and came back with like $ 50.00. Stayed in like 3 nights all summer long. Like the first week of college all summer long with better weather. Left me with some great stories and a drive to never, ever, work any sort of line again.

Scarry thought of the day for sme out there: if you visited The Land in the summer of 1985 as a shawty I probably helped you into a helicopter or dune buggy. 10 hours a day of lifting lil 40 pound sacks of potatoes into rides and flirting with MILFs. I did get 1 day a week at the now defunct Mill Race flume ride, which was fairly epic.

Does it make you feel old to realize you probably put me in the helicopter? Glad it isnt now, you probably would close the door in hopes I fall out ;-) ;) :wink:
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:18 am

jb wrote:Only after hours after punching out. Worked there all summer and came back with like $ 50.00. Stayed in like 3 nights all summer long. Like the first week of college all summer long with better weather. Left me with some great stories and a drive to never, ever, work any sort of line again.

This only destroys my vision of you being one of the Berenstain Bears at BB Country

I'm severely dissappointed. :thumbdown:
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:35 am

Did you bang any of them MILFs?
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby jb » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:39 am

Larvell Blanks wrote:
jb wrote:Only after hours after punching out. Worked there all summer and came back with like $ 50.00. Stayed in like 3 nights all summer long. Like the first week of college all summer long with better weather. Left me with some great stories and a drive to never, ever, work any sort of line again.

This only destroys my vision of you being one of the Berenstain Bears at BB Country

I'm severely dissappointed. :thumbdown:

Felt bad for those SOB's. They all had heat stroke.

The crew now at the point is a hollow shell of the day. College kids just don't want these jobs. Not sure where they work all summer. Lots of foreign kids, Sandusky HSers, even carny types. And they certainly don't hire on looks. Not like the day when 90% of the sweeperettes were smokin' hot. In fact they used to have a caste system you could figure out in like 3 days. Pretty funny as it fed into social structure.....
jb

Unread postby smalls1129 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:28 pm

I had the extreme "pleasure" of working there as a non-bonded officer for an internship. This was only like 7 years ago now and 90% of the sweepers were still hot. Especially the 'lead' sweepers. Plus they seemed to usher the hot foreigners into that area. I swear I walked upwards of 100 miles that summer...12 hours a day 6 days a week just walking around telling fat men they had to wear their shirts and listening to them bitch that they shouldn't have to if the hotter than fuck woman were allowed to wear bikini's. Some of those conversation became downright scary.

Best/Worse story was trying to convince some stupid b from Jersey that is not alright to leave her 2 year old daughter in the middle of pioneer land to jump the Millennium fence to look for her sunglasses. That one really got me worked up and I couldn't believe we didn't even call SPD.
"Strangers passing in the street, by chances two separate glances meet and I am you and what I see his me."
smalls1129

Favorite Player: A-Cab
Least Favorite Player: Squire James

Unread postby jb » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:46 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Did you bang any of them MILFs?

Sadly, they always had to pack up and go home CDT.

Now my "co-workers" ? Big park. Lot's of employees. In the days between 70's free love but before casual hook up sport sex was the no biggie norm (damn 80's) and you sorta kinda almost had to work for it, it was still a big park with a long rumor mill for bad ruputations to get around.

Yeah, it was a really fun summer except for the work. Most of it was as smalls describes. Next time you enter the park, look at the lockers. I swear they read "free brain check" on them.
jb

Previous

Return to No Holds Barred