Text Size

No Holds Barred

morning sickness/pregnancy nauseousness

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

morning sickness/pregnancy nauseousness

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:05 pm

For the dad's out there, did your wife/sig other/baby momma go through this? If so, how far along did it last? Anything especially trigger it or more importantly help stabilize it?

Any advice at all? TIA.
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"

Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Re: morning sickness/pregnancy nauseousness

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:11 pm

My oldest daughter is now 15 and she has two younger sisters. I still get sick every morning thinking about what schooling and weddings will cost.

Was that the question?

My wife says it typically goes the first trimester but for some it can go the duration of the pregnancy. Mornings are tough because the stomach is usually empty. You can alleviate the issue throughout the day with regular eating of small portions. If your wife gets up during the night to use the bathroom (which she will) she should try and eat a couple crackers with a bit of juice or something else. That helps.

Not big meals, just something in the stomach during the night after bathroom breaks.

Good luck. And don't believe that shit about 'the beauty of birth'. I'd rather look at accident photos of sucking chest wounds.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:51 pm

Thanks Peek, that doesn't scare the shit out of me at all. :thumb up:

We're going tomorrow for the 20 week checkup and her sickness has subsided alot, but she still has her moments. I'm starting to think it's getting to be diet choices more than pure morning sickness now. As for the actual birth, I'm going to stick to the customer service side of things. I'm not one who has to get up in the mix, I'm going to let the trained professionals take care of that.

Also just reading your post again and realizing you have three daughters. Prayers sent.
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:01 pm

Bayou Tribe wrote:Thanks Peek, that doesn't scare the shit out of me at all. :thumb up:

We're going tomorrow for the 20 week checkup and her sickness has subsided alot, but she still has her moments. I'm starting to think it's getting to be diet choices more than pure morning sickness now. As for the actual birth, I'm going to stick to the customer service side of things. I'm not one who has to get up in the mix, I'm going to let the trained professionals take care of that.

Also just reading your post again and realizing you have three daughters. Prayers sent.

You're halfway home. Good luck the rest of the way. The payoff is worth it.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby mswerb » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:42 pm

Other than having your playground being hit by a bomb, watching the birth of your children will be one of the greatest things a dad could witness. I was there on "accident" for the first one, and was not going to miss out on the second one.
mswerb
Carolina Junkie

Favorite Player: MJ
Least Favorite Player: Anyone from DOOK

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:51 pm

Wish I could help you but my wife didn't have any. She had no problems up until week 28, then all hell broke loose. A trip to the hospital for some monitoring turned into an overnight, turned into another night, turned into a week, turned into "we have to go get this kid right now." She made it to 30 weeks. Kid came out 3 lbs soaking wet.

Didn't see the birth; was sitting by my wife's head and they had a drape up for the c-section. It was like they were working on a car with the hood up. Hell of a thing.

But no nausea, so she had that going for her.

Which is nice.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby SABRman » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:49 am

Bought these for my wife and she said they worked pretty well

http://www.sea-band.com/

They are pretty cheap and you can find them at most drug stores.

p.s. check out the second of the rotating pics on the website : )
SABRman

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:20 am

Good stuff guys, thanks. I was wondering about alot of motion-sickness type meds but wasn't sure what would be safe or not. Good tip.

"having your playground being hit by a bomb"

nice

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:46 am

Just like Peeker said, if she gets up during the night, eat something(crackers, etc). We kept a plastic container of crackers on the might stand along w/ some bottled water. This way I wouldn't get the shoulder shake and "sweetie, can you....?"

Make sure she drinks plenty of water. We had a fainting/dehydration episode which landed us in the hospital for a day.

I was told by my brother in law to stay north of the Mason/Dixon line during birth if at all possible. Luckily my wife needed a C -section so my option consisted of being behind the curtain near her head. Making sure that I don't touch anything that's blue! Although I did get to peek over the curtain as they were pulling the boy out. I saw his head, which looked like he was buried up to his neck in flesh sand, then suddenly he plopped right out onto the table.

Enjoy it
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby Jumbo » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:54 am

We're at just about week 26. Wife was suffering from terrible all-day sickness that didn't end after the first trimester. She even had trouble eating.

She was prescribed strong anti-nausea medication. The stuff works.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ondansetron

Just make sure how it is covered by your insurance. Even the generic is very expensive - although it is covered, we can only get a 6-day supply at a time. So, that's a $15 copay about once per week.

It's worth it.

(Edited to note: If it is already subsiding naturally, your doctor probably won't prescribe meds.)
Jumbo
Chowderhead

Favorite Player: is not Buster Posey
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby jb » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:00 pm

divorce cured my morning sickness.

( rimshot.... )
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby aoxo1 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:04 pm

mswerb wrote:Other than having your playground being hit by a bomb, watching the birth of your children will be one of the greatest things a dad could witness. I was there on "accident" for the first one, and was not going to miss out on the second one.

Wait... what?
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:07 pm

JB wrote:divorce cured my morning sickness.

( Image)

Fixed.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Return to No Holds Barred