Text Size

No Holds Barred

WTF? Taser edition.

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Re: WTF? Taser edition.

Unread postby Orenthal » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:57 pm

JB wrote:
Peeker643 wrote:
JB wrote:would john wayne use a taser?

I saw him use one on a young Ricky Nelson in 'Rio Bravo' when the studios were besieged by an anti-violence movement in Hollywood.

Look closely next time it's on.

I've seen it. Deano bets him he won't do it and he does.

Guys, you saw what the taser did to Stumpy. The guy looked like Clark Gable b4 the Duke volt'd him. That kind of damage gets ya thinking whether a taser is so "non lethal"...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby jb » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:01 pm

Orenthal wrote:
JB wrote:Kinda a retarded ironic when you think about it, eh?

Then again maybe not JB, the old bitch Rand didn't practice what she preached. She ran her followers and underlings like a ruthless infallible dictator...

+ 1

Then again, show me a liberatarian who practrices liberatarianism and I'll show you a fiscally responsible small government conservative and a liberal who cares about the little people enough to live like them by choice.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Orenthal » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:05 pm

JB wrote:
Orenthal wrote:
JB wrote:Kinda a retarded ironic when you think about it, eh?

Then again maybe not JB, the old bitch Rand didn't practice what she preached. She ran her followers and underlings like a ruthless infallible dictator...

+ 1

Then again, show me a liberatarian who practrices liberatarianism and I'll show you a fiscally responsible small government conservative and a liberal who cares about the little people enough to live like them by choice.

Winner, winner and all that goodness!
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Unread postby dem425 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:10 pm

I will submit my last post on this particular matter.

In reference to FUDU's comments about "retard" and "moron". I hold no ill will and take absolutely no offense. It doesn't even rank in the top 1000 things I have been called.

FUDU: Peeker told me you are a good guy whose forum personna belies a good dude and I trust Peeker "unconditionally". I hate getting old. But it has given me perspective and tolerance. I sincerely believe that 20 years ago, you and I could have been in a bar and slammed some boilermakers together. The we would have had a lively discussion about the tasering and slammed a few more boilermakers. Then you would have called me a moron and a retard and I would have rearranged your bridgework. The we would have had a few more boilermakers!..................

But now, I am an old, fat coward who hides behind a keyboard and longs for those halcyon days of youth.......But in all sincerity, to all of you weighing in on this trainwreck of a topic, HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU AND YOURS!
:salute:
dem425

Favorite Player: Dick Marcinko
Least Favorite Player: All Politicians

Unread postby jb » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:13 pm

dem425 wrote:I will submit my last post on this particular matter.

In reference to FUDU's comments about "retard" and "moron". I hold no ill will and take absolutely no offense. It doesn't even rank in the top 1000 things I have been called.

FUDU: Peeker told me you are a good guy whose forum personna belies a good dude and I trust Peeker "unconditionally". I hate getting old. But it has given me perspective and tolerance. I sincerely believe that 20 years ago, you and I could have been in a bar and slammed some boilermakers together. The we would have had a lively discussion about the tasering and slammed a few more boilermakers. Then you would have called me a moron and a retard and I would have rearranged your bridgework. The we would have had a few more boilermakers!..................

At Lokars?
jb

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:17 pm

JB wrote:
Peeker643 wrote:
JB wrote:would john wayne use a taser?

I saw him use one on a young Ricky Nelson in 'Rio Bravo' when the studios were besieged by an anti-violence movement in Hollywood.

Look closely next time it's on.

I've seen it. Deano bets him he won't do it and he does.

Deano could always push the Duke's buttons.

For Little Ricky Nelson it just never got much better. Sure, there was 'Garden Party' in the early 70's but he'd always go down as the guy tasered by the Duke. And then he'd go down in a spark of a crack pipe and in a plane.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:18 pm

I think we should give cops 10 inch black dildos. The YouTubes would be hilarious.

FTR, I haven't read much of this thread, but if you think it's ok for a cop to tase a child, you're outta your friggin mind. The fact that the idea of tasing a kid came across this cop's mind, is enough for me to think he's too stupid to protect and serve. And waaaaaaay too stupid to carry a gun.

:cheers:
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:26 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I think we should give cops 10 inch black dildos. The YouTubes would be hilarious.

FTR, I haven't read much of this thread, but if you think it's ok for a cop to tase a child, you're outta your friggin mind. The fact that the idea of tasing a kid came across this cop's mind, is enough for me to think he's too stupid to protect and serve. And waaaaaaay too stupid to carry a gun.

Could have used you about a page and a half ago.

Oh well., good night.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby jb » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:26 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I think we should give cops 10 inch black dildos. The YouTubes would be hilarious.

I'd like to see Roni Deutch tased
jb

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:15 pm

Just because I hate to see this thread die.

Colo. Police Taser 10-Year-Old; Youth Arrested

http://www.postchronicle.com/news/original/article_212271374.shtml

http://www.nationalledger.com/ledgerdc/article_272629317.shtml
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby jfiling » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:36 pm

The only time I'm touching a taser topic after this post is if a child dies from the use of one.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Unread postby jfiling » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:45 pm

Ok, since what I'm about to say is only tangentially related to the tasering, I can post this:

The officer who tasered the girl in the original story has been fired. His offense was not having the camera attached to the taser activated.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Unread postby CaptainBoiz » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:29 am

aoxo1 wrote:Show you one where that is the case? OK, how about the one that prompted this post? That girl did something deserving of being tasered? That cop was in physical danger? You seem to have no issue with tasering if someone did anything remotely wrong, even if it is completely unnecessary? I was under the impression tasers were supposed to be used as an alternative to deadly force or billy clubs. If this cop hadn't had a taser, would a billy club have been appropriate to bring this obviously terrifying threat under control?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNxN2ASusvE&feature=related[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zt9_Uve_Bc&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=si3y9gVxJtE&feature=related[/youtube]

Yeah your right about that! :thumb up: :bunny:
Women can stand a beating except when it is with their own billy club baton.
CaptainBoiz

Favorite Player: none
Least Favorite Player: none

Fun Time Bump!

Unread postby jfiling » Wed May 30, 2012 6:23 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/29/justice/s ... index.html

Tasering a pregnant woman who refuses to sign a speeding ticket is a-ok in this country. God bless America.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Re: Fun Time Bump!

Unread postby leadpipe » Wed May 30, 2012 6:44 pm

jfiling wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/29/justice/scotus-taser-shocks/index.html

Tasering a pregnant woman who refuses to sign a speeding ticket is a-ok in this country. God bless America.

Child in the oven, child in the car with her, and still speeding thru a school zone.

And too dim to understand what signing the ticket meant.

Judge had himself a clear case of "dumbassedness" on his hands.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed May 30, 2012 7:42 pm

Yeah...... "too dim". Too dim to carry a badge, taser, and especially a firearm.

Too dim to know better than to tase someone in the neck.

Nothing more than a needle dick coward willing to commit violence for the sake of a goddamn signature.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby gotribe31 » Wed May 30, 2012 7:51 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Yeah...... "too dim". Too dim to carry a badge, taser, and especially a firearm.

Nothing more than a needle dick coward willing to commit violence for the sake of a goddamn signature.

I didn't realize you personally knew the officer and witnessed the situation.

I agree that the CNN article makes it seem crazy. But none of us were there, and as far as I know there hasn't been any dashboard cam footage leaked to see a snapshot of what really happened. I'm not unequivocally saying what the officers did was right, but I'm not ready to mail them their Gestapo membership cards just yet either. And if the federal appeals court in SAN FRANCISCO of all places couldn't agree that the cops were at fault...well, it makes me think there's something here that we're not seeing.

Cops aren't 100% right 100% of the time. But more often than not, they're doing the right thing, trying to protect people and just get home safe at night. I'm sure there are guys who become cops more for the power trip than anything else, but the vast majority are dedicated public servants who really want to make the place that they live in better for people who actually respect the law.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed May 30, 2012 8:37 pm

gotribe31 wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Yeah...... "too dim". Too dim to carry a badge, taser, and especially a firearm.

I agree that the CNN article makes it seem crazy. But none of us were there, and as far as I know there hasn't been any dashboard cam footage leaked to see a snapshot of what really happened. I'm not unequivocally saying what the officers did was right, but I'm not ready to mail them their Gestapo membership cards just yet either. And if the federal appeals court in SAN FRANCISCO of all places couldn't agree that the cops were at fault...well, it makes me think there's something here that we're not seeing.

Cops aren't 100% right 100% of the time. But more often than not, they're doing the right thing, trying to protect people and just get home safe at night. I'm sure there are guys who become cops more for the power trip than anything else, but the vast majority are dedicated public servants who really want to make the place that they live in better for people who actually respect the law.

Someone who tases a woman in the neck because she refused to sign a ticket is a fucking coward and an embarrassment to the badge.

You would think all the good cops would want shitheels like this chased out of their ranks.

And Dashcam footage should never HAVE to be leaked. The people own those cameras and cars.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby gotribe31 » Wed May 30, 2012 8:56 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
gotribe31 wrote:

Someone who tases a woman in the neck because she refused to sign a ticket is a fucking coward and an embarrassment to the badge.

You would think all the good cops would want shitheels like this chased out of their ranks.

And Dashcam footage should never HAVE to be leaked. The people own those cameras and cars.

If that's the whole story, then yes, you're right. All I'm saying is that this might not be the whole story.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed May 30, 2012 9:44 pm

And what would make the tasing acceptable?
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed May 30, 2012 9:49 pm

Awesome- jfiling is back and busting out 2004 Taser episodes.

Can't wait til the 'new' 2006 shit pops up.

Wake me up then so we can have the same discussions we did two and a half years ago.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed May 30, 2012 10:07 pm

Maybe the beating death of Kelly Thomas is recent enough.

Before and after meeting the Fullerton PD.

There's video too..... a man crying out for his dad while being pummeled by animals with badges.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby leadpipe » Thu May 31, 2012 12:06 am

Never once said she deserved tasering.

Implied she was a dumbass for speeding thru a school zone with kids in the car.

My main point was to rile up jfile a bit, you know, for making an appearance to resurrect years old tasering threads.

I wonder what's more likely to happen to someone who speeds thru a school zone, being tasered, or hitting someones kid?
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby pup » Thu May 31, 2012 7:49 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Maybe the beating death of Kelly Thomas is recent enough.

Before and after meeting the Fullerton PD.

There's video too..... a man crying out for his dad while being pummeled by animals with badges.

The beat the beard right onto him
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu May 31, 2012 9:14 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Maybe the beating death of Kelly Thomas is recent enough.

Did he get tased?

No?

Then shut the fuck up. This is jfiling's personal tase thread.

The one where he pops in annually to troll the boards and then goes back to his bitterness arising from his own frustrations and past experiences. It's also his last stand.

Great, CDT. You've confirmed there are assholes with badges. Terrific discovery and appreciate the confirmation and the work you put in.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu May 31, 2012 9:37 am

peeker643 wrote:

Did he get tased?

No?

The one where he pops in annually to troll the boards and then goes back to his bitterness arising from his own frustrations and past experiences. It's also his last stand.

Great, CDT. You've confirmed there are assholes with badges. Terrific discovery and appreciate the confirmation and the work you put in.

Yes.

He was tased. Multiple times. And beaten with the taser itself.

Obviously he ran into the worst shitheel scum around.

"last stand"? Did you ban him?
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu May 31, 2012 9:48 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

Did he get tased?

No?

Yes.

No I didn't ban him. No one here "bans" anyone. They do it all themselves for the most part.

Like showing up only to drop shit like this. On 8 yr old cases that fit the profile for their own disgruntled, frustrated agenda.

Matter of time for the guy. He may as well as be one of those humps who register and start threads to sell authentic jerseys.

It's funny though. Like it's a revelation there are assholes in every walk of life.

Eureka!!!

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu May 31, 2012 9:49 am

leadpipe wrote:

My main point was to rile up jfile a bit, you know, for making an appearance to resurrect years old tasering threads.

I wonder what's more likely to happen to someone who speeds thru a school zone, being tasered, or hitting someones kid?

Did the kid die? Cuz 'fling said he wouldn't touch this thread unless that happened. Also saw a bumper sticker today that said "Guns don't kill people, mustaches do!"
Orenthal

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu May 31, 2012 9:51 am

Orenthal wrote:
leadpipe wrote:

Did the kid die? Cuz 'fling said he wouldn't touch this thread unless that happened. Also saw a bumper sticker today that said "Guns don't kill people, mustaches do!"

Given when the incident happened the kid may be dead of natural causes by now.

Worst part about the pic CDT posted is someone using the taser to beat someone with. Clearly weren't schooled in how to properly use the thing. Like throwing your assault rifle at your target.

Stupid.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu May 31, 2012 10:05 am

peeker643 wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

Did he get tased?

No?

Yes.

No I didn't ban him. No one here "bans" anyone. They do it all themselves for the most part.

Like showing up only to drop shit like this. On 8 yr old cases that fit the profile for their own disgruntled, frustrated agenda.

Matter of time for the guy. He may as well as be one of those humps who register and start threads to sell authentic jerseys.

It's funny though. Like it's a revelation there are assholes in every walk of life.

Eureka!!!

So he is gone then (semantics aside)?

Asshole is serious understatement. An asshole is someone who cuts you off in traffic.

They usually don't beat you into a coma.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu May 31, 2012 10:10 am

nm.

This will get ugly.

Don't want to get myself banned. Ominous wink emoticon.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu May 31, 2012 10:31 am

No. He's not gone.

Not sure what purpose having him around actually serves but i say the same thing about you on occasion ;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu May 31, 2012 10:43 am

I'm here to inject some weirdness, crack dumb jokes, and push your buttons.

Durr.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu May 31, 2012 10:46 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I'm here to inject some weirdness, crack dumb jokes, and push your buttons.

Durr.

Touch my button and I swear to God I'll beat you with a taser and bludgeon you with a Chinese throwing star while I wear a Memphis police uniform.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu May 31, 2012 10:58 am

You're going to bludgeon me with a small weapon designed for throwing?

Hah!

You couldn't beat a drum, fuckstick.

You're too haggard, with your crinkled legs and gimps.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby FUDU » Thu May 31, 2012 5:53 pm

peeker643 wrote:No I didn't ban him. No one here "bans" anyone. They do it all themselves for the most part.

Eureka!!!

Eureka is the asshole of vacuum cleaners.

FTR I'm not thrilled with this tasing but at least this time it was an adult.

:hide:

FUDU

Unread postby jfiling » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:14 pm

Mention news about a Supreme Court decision.

Somehow it's an anti-cop thing. I gots a bad reputation.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:29 pm

jfiling wrote:Mention news about a Supreme Court decision.

You earned it.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby jfiling » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:47 pm

leadpipe wrote:

You earned it.

My son is serving with the US Marines, going to Afghanistan in September. He plans on having a career in law enforcement after his stint is over. I have talked to him about my hope that he doesn't turn into the type of asshole cop that I'm so vilified for despising. He understands.

I'm guessing you'd hate me for that.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:54 pm

jfiling wrote:
leadpipe wrote:

You earned it.

My son is serving with the US Marines, going to Afghanistan in September. He plans on having a career in law enforcement after his stint is over. I have talked to him about my hope that he doesn't turn into the type of asshole cop that I'm so vilified for despising. He understands.

Holy shit. You are quite the whiny bitch today, aren't you?

(vagina joke here)
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:02 pm

jfiling wrote:
leadpipe wrote:

You earned it.

I wouldn't hate you for that.

I'd say I couldn't care less, but not hate.

The reason being odds are that I'll never meet your son on the job, cause I follow the rules, and if I ever did run into him on the job, he'd like me, cause I behave.

I'm not sure if a talk from you is doing him any good in this regard, but good luck to him in his future endeavors.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Orenthal » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:44 am

http://fox8.com/2012/06/08/cleveland-of ... -tasering/

I'll sum this all up in one post, and even provide an example. Assholes exist in every occupation and mf'ers on message boards exaggerate.
Orenthal

Unread postby jfiling » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:38 pm

leadpipe wrote:
jfiling wrote:
leadpipe wrote:

You earned it.

The reason being odds are that I'll never meet your son on the job, cause I follow the rules, and if I ever did run into him on the job, he'd like me, cause I behave.

I'm not sure if a talk from you is doing him any good in this regard, but good luck to him in his future endeavors.

That's your problem. You think that by following the rules, you are immune from any of this bullshit. Tell that to Cheye Calvo. He followed the rules, was the mayor of a city, and was terrorized by the police.

I get it. Very few people here give a damn. I'm guessing the song will change when it happens to a family member, or a close friend, or even someone here. Because it happens.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:24 pm

Orenthal wrote:http://fox8.com/2012/06/08/cleveland-officer-arrested-for-negligent-tasering/

I'll sum this all up in one post, and even provide an example. Assholes exist in every occupation and mf'ers on message boards exaggerate.

That's either the worst written news story in the history of worst written news stories, or it's the the dumbest tasing incident in the history of dumbest tasing incidents.

According to a police report, a 27-year-old woman and her 28-year-old female friend went to the gas station to grab something to eat. As they stood in line for their food, Officer Moore reportedly approached the 28-year-old and began apologizing for tasering her earlier that night. Police did not reveal details about that event.
The 27-year-old woman then allegedly told Moore that she “didn’t want to hear anything from him.” She turned around, heard a “pop,” then her whole body stiffened, and she fell to the ground in pain, the report stated.

So the LEO used his taser on the 28yo earlier in the night? Ok for what reason, b/c giving the LEO the BOD I assume it was a legit reason, meaning why is the 28yo back out on the street that same night? Then he uses his taser a second time, on same person, same night?

Oops I forgot the link did say it was at Woodland.

FUDU

Unread postby leadpipe » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:22 am

jfiling wrote:
leadpipe wrote:
jfiling wrote:
leadpipe wrote:

You earned it.

That's your problem. You think that by following the rules, you are immune from any of this bullshit. Tell that to Cheye Calvo. He followed the rules, was the mayor of a city, and was terrorized by the police.

I get it. Very few people here give a damn. I'm guessing the song will change when it happens to a family member, or a close friend, or even someone here. Because it happens.

Following the rules and behaving has served me well. I recommend anyone to give it a try.

And between the two of us, I'm not the one with the problem. Clearly.

For the record, not the least bit worried that myself, my family or my friends are gonna get tased. For the people in my circles, it be kinda like worrying all day, every day that we're gonna get struck by lightning.

There are many rummies I suppose this should be a bigger concern for, I'm just not one of them. Perhaps you are?
leadpipe
The Reverend

Previous

Return to No Holds Barred