Text Size

No Holds Barred

Palin

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Palin

Unread postby aoxo1 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:28 pm

I'm one of the last people who will say something positive about Sarah Palin, but wtf Newsweek?

Our media/national dialogue is so twisted and dumb.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/200911170027
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Re: Palin

Unread postby CarolinaTribe » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:44 pm

Palin is a moron, but the attack by Newsweek is inappropriate, and absolutely sexist. I don't understand what they were trying to accomplish.
CarolinaTribe

Unread postby jack_tors » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:59 pm

The media taking a cheap shot to sell more papers? Wow, never seen that one before..

Seriously though, and it sounds bad saying it, but if it were anyone but her I could care about this topic. I just cant get around my dislike for her to get worked up about the story. My problem I guess.
“Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand.”- Wes Westrum

"The future is like a Japanese game show, we have no idea whats going on." - Tracy Jordan

"Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot and look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
-Rufus T. Firefly
jack_tors

Favorite Player: Mike Modano
Least Favorite Player: LeChoke James

Unread postby mistero » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:05 pm

Be cool Newsweek. That's our next prez. She's gonna shut you out like Obama did to Fox. Then what you gonna do? Print OBR quarterly mags?
In Chud We Trust
mistero

Favorite Player: Miller High Life
Least Favorite Player: Natural Light

Unread postby Ziner » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:25 am

I still find her smokin'... although I bet aoxo feels the same way about Pelosi ;-) ;) :wink:

Most of the media just despises here for whatever reason. I dont get it. They just hate this lady and take any chance, cheap or otherwise, to tear her apart even though she is basically irrelevant right now.

Libs are just jealous they dont have a GILF to check out.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:46 am

Sexist? Why is that sexist?

I think she looks great there. And, I think it's adorable how she's trying to be political and stuff. You know, considering she's a girl and all.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:40 am

:wow:

At this moment, if a genie granted me one wish... it would be her.

I would be ALL over that, like yo motha didn't know.

Hot DAMN, Sarah.
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Favorite Player: Federer
Least Favorite Player: Anything Boston

Unread postby Ziner » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:06 am

More evidence they take any chance to tear her apart and treat her differently.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/11 ... act-check/
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby stonepm » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:39 am

people have a tendency to bash and downplay what they are afraid of. They did it during the campain and they are still doing it (and the election isn't for 3 more years) I think liberals are very afraid of her.
Anything is possible in the life of a man if he lives long enough. Even adulthood.--Howell Raines
stonepm

Favorite Player: nobody right now
Least Favorite Player: karma

Unread postby exiledbuckeye » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:44 am

Ziner wrote:Most of the media just despises here for whatever reason. I dont get it. They just hate this lady and take any chance, cheap or otherwise, to tear her apart even though she is basically irrelevant right now.

I think the media and Palin are in some sort of self-fulfilling circle jerk. She criticizes them, they dig up stuff, rinse, repeat.

I don't get it. Like you said, she's irrelevant (politically, at least - although she and the media have made her a quasi-celebrity). I don't get the point of Sarah Palin. At all.
exiledbuckeye

Favorite Player: OSU
Least Favorite Player: scUM

Unread postby Ziner » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:47 am

stonepm wrote:people have a tendency to bash and downplay what they are afraid of. They did it during the campain and they are still doing it (and the election isn't for 3 more years) I think liberals are very afraid of her.

I dont know, that is a lot of what the far right says about her, but I dont buy it. She isn't going to win the nomination for the GOP. She is very much like Hillary Clinton and people either love or hate her, so I dont think she would have a prayer to win the presidency. I was willing to support her and her faults as a VP, but I am not willing to do it for president.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby Ziner » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:48 am

exiledbuckeye wrote:
Ziner wrote:Most of the media just despises here for whatever reason. I dont get it. They just hate this lady and take any chance, cheap or otherwise, to tear her apart even though she is basically irrelevant right now.

I think the media and Palin are in some sort of self-fulfilling circle jerk. She criticizes them, they dig up stuff, rinse, repeat.

haha, well said.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby stonepm » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:08 pm

Ziner wrote:
stonepm wrote:people have a tendency to bash and downplay what they are afraid of. They did it during the campain and they are still doing it (and the election isn't for 3 more years) I think liberals are very afraid of her.

I dont know, that is a lot of what the far right says about her, but I dont buy it. She isn't going to win the nomination for the GOP. She is very much like Hillary Clinton and people either love or hate her, so I dont think she would have a prayer to win the presidency. I was willing to support her and her faults as a VP, but I am not willing to do it for president.

Me either, but the difference between her and Hillary is Palin is likable, especially to people that don't normally pay much attention to politics. .
Anything is possible in the life of a man if he lives long enough. Even adulthood.--Howell Raines
stonepm

Unread postby Guest » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:39 pm

Browns will win the Super Bowl before Sarah Palin becomes president.

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:24 pm

jack_tors wrote:The media taking a cheap shot to sell more papers? Wow, never seen that one before..

Seriously though, and it sounds bad saying it, but if it were anyone but her I could care about this topic. I just cant get around my dislike for her to get worked up about the story. My problem I guess.

Yep....and so much for journalistic integrity too, eh?

Newsweek is a political People Magazine. Its about as relevant as those 2 guys who pass out Noble Peace Prizes like candy at a Zem Zem clown parade. Once a year they get to pretend they're important and people care.

She's regular folk. The media, and liberals, can't stand regular folk. Its the elitism inside them.......it eats their souls like cancer. If they can't look down on you they don't need you

For leaders they prefer indecisive, do nothing, empty suits, like Hussein Obama, who needs a few dozen Russian Czars to advise him on how not to make decisions while his Presidency circles the toilet.

Like she says....better to address her and her book than the issues.....you know, like boots on the ground in Afghanistan?

Re-defeat Communism in 2012
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:32 am

She's regular folk. The media, and liberals, can't stand regular folk. Its the elitism inside them.......it eats their souls like cancer. If they can't look down on you they don't need you

Sure...... Or it could be that she's totally unqualified for the job. Not to mention she quit on her state when things got tough. And she isn't "regular folk". She's another politician with an agenda.

This book accomplished what she wanted, she got her name back in the media.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:53 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:

Sure...... Or it could be that she's totally unqualified for the job. Not to mention she quit on her state when things got tough. And she isn't "regular folk". She's another politician with an agenda.

This book accomplished what she wanted, she got her name back in the media.

Nailed it CDT.

JTDC Fire Mrshall Bill, is it too much to ask that the president of the United States be a little better than "regular folk"? The people tailgating in the muni lot are "regular folk". I love regular folk but can't we raise the bar just a little without worring about hurting someones feelings?

Call it elitism if you want. I already have plenty of people to drink with.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby RC » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:59 am

I'd vote for her over Obama any day.

Then again, I'd vote for just about anyone over Obama so that's not really saying anything.

I follow her Facebook account and a lot of times she does a good job of breaking down what is going on. I don't think she's as uneducated as the lamestream media wants to make her out to be.

Because, she has more experience running things than Obama so I never want to hear the left say she's 'unqualified'.
RC
Keepin' The Faith In Y-Town

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Chris Grant

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:14 am

Fire Marshall Bill wrote: She's regular folk. The media, and liberals, can't stand regular folk. Its the elitism inside them.......it eats their souls like cancer. If they can't look down on you they don't need you

Really? She's not "folksie", she's a moron. You see regular people on Jay Walking (hack job) and Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader. Why would anyone want a regular person running the country. Wouldn't you agree it takes someone above normal constitution to do that job?

She's a big part of why I didn't vote for McCain.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby stonepm » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:37 am

I hear a lot of people say that she is unqualified. But so for I haven't seen anyone give any ligitimate reason as to 'why' she is, only opinion. Thinking she is a moron doesn't count.
stonepm

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:48 am

CarolinaTribe wrote:Palin is a moron, but the attack by Newsweek is inappropriate, and absolutely sexist.

What's wrong with being 'sexy'?

"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby jack_tors » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:01 am

stonepm wrote:I hear a lot of people say that she is unqualified. But so for I haven't seen anyone give any ligitimate reason as to 'why' she is, only opinion. Thinking she is a moron doesn't count.

Palin has a journalism degree aquired over time at 4 universities. She spent 6 years as a mayor of a 7,000 person town and then 3 years as governor of Alaska, one of the most isolated, least populated US states before quitting. I am sorry but its not experience for me to vote for her.

And lets not turn this into a "what as Obama done" discussion either. If the Republicans would have run someone who could have distanced himself from Bush better, they might have won that election. I voted for Obama not caught up in any hope of change but because it was the lesser of two evils.

"The future is like a Japanese game show, we have no idea whats going on." - Tracy Jordan

"Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot and look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
-Rufus T. Firefly
jack_tors

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:06 am

Erie Warrior wrote:
Fire Marshall Bill wrote: She's regular folk. The media, and liberals, can't stand regular folk. Its the elitism inside them.......it eats their souls like cancer. If they can't look down on you they don't need you

Really? She's not "folksie", she's a moron. You see regular people on Jay Walking (hack job) and Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader. Why would anyone want a regular person running the country. Wouldn't you agree it takes someone above normal constitution to do that job?

She's a big part of why I didn't vote for McCain.

Well, I didn't vote for McCain either so fucking there..... and I never said I supported Palin for POTUS or VP or any other political office......JHFC its like a freaking DumbFuck reunion in here

You ASSUMED I did/do....how elitist/teacheresque of you to think you can read into me

I do think she makes a great loose cannon and God knows, we could use 1000 more of those on Capitol Hill

I just stated that, basically, liberal men are candy assed, hen-pecked, pussified metrosexual elitists that are afraid of strong willed, good looking women. Esp those who wear lipstick and can field dress a moose

You blame the parents for the failures of the teachers and their union, too, I'll betchya..... :bunny:
Fire Marshall Bill

Unread postby stonepm » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:32 am

jack_tors wrote:Palin has a journalism degree aquired over time at 4 universities. She spent 6 years as a mayor of a 7,000 person town and then 3 years as governor of Alaska, one of the most isolated, least populated US states before quitting. I am sorry but its not experience for me to vote for her.

And lets not turn this into a "what as Obama done" discussion either. If the Republicans would have run someone who could have distanced himself from Bush better, they might have won that election. I voted for Obama not caught up in any hope of change but because it was the lesser of two evils.

I was trying to avoid the 'what has Obama done' thing as well because that is a whole different topic. Would you say the Governor of Rhode Island isnt qualified because his state is tiny? But I think you have to look at what she did as the governor. No matter the size, all states have the same issues when it comes to budgets, services, etc. I also think you have to take Alaska's isolation and population in perspective. She had a multitude of very different cicumstances and issues to contend with that most governors don't. The fact that her state doesn't have the Yankees shouldn't diminish her accomplishments.

I know I sound like I;m defending her, but FTR I think she's a moron.
stonepm

Unread postby jb » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:35 am

If the General can think Progressive Flo & Bone Lady are hot, can I just say that crazy, kind-a-dumb, librarian glasses & up do, power suit, milf works for me?

I don't like that syle of running outfit though. I think looser and shorter shorts would work for her better.

As a POTUS candidate for the GOP? God I hope so.

Not even in the great depression does her electability go over 40% of te population. That 40% will be forever convinced she is the shit. Most polarizing quasi-politicak figure out there.

Those just the facts born out over 2 years of consistent polling. All other discussion except her smokingness is worthless.

Last edited by jb on Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby jb » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:36 am

Fire Marshall Bill wrote: can field dress a moose

Y would you want to dress up a moose?
jb

Unread postby jb » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:42 am

jb

Unread postby jack_tors » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:46 am

stonepm wrote:
jack_tors wrote:Palin has a journalism degree aquired over time at 4 universities. She spent 6 years as a mayor of a 7,000 person town and then 3 years as governor of Alaska, one of the most isolated, least populated US states before quitting. I am sorry but its not experience for me to vote for her.

I was trying to avoid the 'what has Obama done' thing as well because that is a whole different topic. Would you say the Governor of Rhode Island isnt qualified because his state is tiny? But I think you have to look at what she did as the governor. No matter the size, all states have the same issues when it comes to budgets, services, etc. I also think you have to take Alaska's isolation and population in perspective. She had a multitude of very different cicumstances and issues to contend with that most governors don't. The fact that her state doesn't have the Yankees shouldn't diminish her accomplishments.

I know I sound like I;m defending her, but FTR I think she's a moron.

Its cool, I think she is a moron too but enjoy the discussion.

No, its not the size of the state, its the need to think on a wider scale. I know knothing of the governor of RI so I cannot comment. All I am saying that, in my opinion, nothing she has done has forced her to think on a larger scale. Yes, Alaska is unique and I bet she was forced to deal with some very difficult, out of the ordinary situations but that does not mean after 3 years she is ready to tackle the issues seen in the farmlands, major metropolitican cities, or regular suburbia say nothing of foreign policy issues. The old skool republican party wouldnt let her in the door as she is too divisive, even in her own party.

-Rufus T. Firefly
jack_tors

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:55 am

Joe "The Plagarist" Biden is from freaking Delaware

A state with no people whose main industry is sheltering credit card companies and blue herons

Meantime, the leader of the most powertful nation on earth was once a community organizer....

Ignorance abounds
Fire Marshall Bill

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:01 pm

JB, you take that yourself?
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Favorite Player: Federer
Least Favorite Player: Anything Boston

Unread postby stonepm » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:22 pm

jack_tors wrote:Its cool, I think she is a moron too but enjoy the discussion.

No, its not the size of the state, its the need to think on a wider scale. I know knothing of the governor of RI so I cannot comment. All I am saying that, in my opinion, nothing she has done has forced her to think on a larger scale. Yes, Alaska is unique and I bet she was forced to deal with some very difficult, out of the ordinary situations but that does not mean after 3 years she is ready to tackle the issues seen in the farmlands, major metropolitican cities, or regular suburbia say nothing of foreign policy issues. The old skool republican party wouldnt let her in the door as she is too divisive, even in her own party.

I don't even know who the gov of RI is, I just threw it out for comparison. Like JB said she is very popular with some people, but I don't think she is as popular of a candidate for POTUS as people think. They are interpreting the GOP defense of her as some kind of frontrunner thing. Actually, the people concerned about her the most seem to be the media and the left. No doubt she'll run, but win the nomination, me thinks no.

I get tired of the argument from both sides. 'Palin is unqualified cuz she's a moron!'...thanks for that insight, at least it's a complete sentence. "I didn't vote for obama cuz he was nothing more than a community organizer"...who cares, nobody even knows what that is. How about saying you didn't vote for him because his tax policies are flawed. FTR, I think he's unqualified and a moron.

But is anybody really 'qualified' to be be President? I don't think anything, even being VP can prepare you to be President.
stonepm

Unread postby jb » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:55 pm

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:Joe "The Plagarist" Biden is from freaking Delaware

A state with no people whose main industry is sheltering credit card companies and blue herons

Meantime, the leader of the most powertful nation on earth was once a community organizer....

Ignorance abounds

Wo gives a fuck?

And Ronnie was an actor.

W a lifetime epic fail spoiled rich kid.

Bubba a draft dodger.

Indeed FMB, indeed.

What about United States Senator eludes you ?
jb

Unread postby jb » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:57 pm

Bill the Butcher wrote:JB, you take that yourself?

Both.

Right before she invited me up for the first photo, she asked me to strattle the lounger and take the first when she picked me up poolside.

Todd was at Cabella's.
jb

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:00 pm

The Chicago politics, 28 czars, can't make a decision to save his life, empty suit part. Which part don't you understand?

To date, community organizing is the only thing Hussein Obama has been successful at.... other than burying the USA under a century's worth of debt and bowing at the waist to midgets, that is
Fire Marshall Bill

Unread postby stonepm » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:09 pm

JB wrote:

I repectfully disagree. His first term, I think he was a very good Pres. Far from great, but good. He fell into a hornets nest and handled it fairly well. He was elected under unusual and controversial circumstances and still managed to get things accomplished. His 2nd term...not so much.
stonepm

Unread postby stonepm » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:12 pm

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:The Chicago politics, 28 czars, can't make a decision to save his life, empty suit part. Which part don't you understand?

To date, community organizing is the only thing Hussein Obama has been successful at.... other than burying the USA under a century's worth of debt and bowing at the waist to midgets, that is

I mostly agree with you, but calling names is gonna kill the credibility of your statement SD74 style. Just sayin'. :salute:
stonepm

Unread postby jb » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:27 pm

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:The Chicago politics, 28 czars, can't make a decision to save his life, empty suit part. Which part don't you understand?

I'm smart enough to understand plenty, Boy-oh. You know that.

These so-called "Czars" are a crock issue. They are mostly continuing positions or replacement appointments. Fox news who cares shit.

You want to bitch about the deficit? Overseas unfunded wars, a joke of a high end tax rate that is te lowest since the income tax was started, and unfunded Medicare part D that fucked us over. Barry is left holding the bag. He's been in office under 10 months. I'd much rather spend money we don't have to reign in health care and put an AMERICAN to work than to kill an arab doing nothing but arguing over the cost of a fuckin' pita in the marketplace and build schools those fucktard zealots just turn around and blow up. Seriously, I'm an AMERICAN. Fuck those people. But I agree. The deficit is fucked up beyond a 100 year fix and the dollar will no longer be thhe world's currency. The path to false prospeity Ronnie strated us on is finally at the cliff's edge.

Chicago politics are Obama's issue / fault? Uh-huh. Keep reaching.

Agfhanistan decision? Haven't we had enough snap judgements that have cost us thousands of lives and trillions of dollars? You want some more? Take 6 months for all I fuckin' care. Ain't changing shit with them. Just get it right (which means get us out except for in and out special ops raids and intel) .

Nation build with these morons. Fuckin' please.

The bow was retarded. Flail away and I'm right there with you. A POTUS should never. He should :pb:
jb

Unread postby jb » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:29 pm

stonepm wrote:
JB wrote:

I repectfully disagree. His first term, I think he was a very good Pres. Far from great, but good. He fell into a hornets nest and handled it fairly well. He was elected under unusual and controversial circumstances and still managed to get things accomplished. His 2nd term...not so much.

I won't debate the merits of the W presidency. The legacy speaks for itself.

I was just saying if you want to find something to knock in cheao-shot style to anyone pre-POTUS in their lives, it is a pretty target rich environment.

So who cares?
jb

Unread postby jack_tors » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:03 pm

JB wrote:Agfhanistan decision? Haven't we had enough snap judgements that have cost us thousands of lives and trillions of dollars? You want some more? Take 6 months for all I fuckin' care. Ain't changing shit with them. Just get it right (which means get us out except for in and out special ops raids and intel) .

I totally agree with this one. We have to make a good, solid, well informed decision here because this could slip into a Vietnam type chaos if it hasnt already. Any decision has to be managed by the military, not from the White House or Capital.

We either gotta implement a plan with full resources that crushes these SOB's and has a viable rebuilding program for the Afghans so it doesnt happen all over again or get the hell out. Too many brave men and women have died already and we owe it to them to get it right or get them out.

-Rufus T. Firefly
jack_tors

Unread postby stonepm » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:04 pm

Overseas unfunded wars

Haven't we had enough snap judgements that have cost us thousands of lives and trillions of dollars?

Unfunded and costing trillions at the same time?

You want to bitch about the deficit? Overseas unfunded wars, a joke of a high end tax rate that is te lowest since the income tax was started, and unfunded Medicare part D that fucked us over.

Isn't this more on COngress than the PRes? Aren't they supposed to be in charge of $?

I'd much rather spend money we don't have to reign in health care and put an AMERICAN to work

How is fixing health care gonna put Americans to work?

The path to false prospeity Ronnie strated us on is finally at the cliff's edge.

How do you have "false prosperity"? People are either doing well or not. You wouldn't call this a ' false recession' would you?

Everything else I pretty much agree with you on.
stonepm

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:12 pm

JB wrote:

These so-called "Czars" are a crock issue. They are mostly continuing positions or replacement appointments. Fox news who cares shit.

You want to bitch about the deficit? Overseas unfunded wars, a joke of a high end tax rate that is te lowest since the income tax was started, and unfunded Medicare part D that fucked us over. Barry is left holding the bag. He's been in office under 10 months. I'd much rather spend money we don't have to reign in health care and put an AMERICAN to work than to kill an arab doing nothing but arguing over the cost of a fuckin' pita in the marketplace and build schools those fucktard zealots just turn around and blow up. Seriously, I'm an AMERICAN. Fuck those people. But I agree. The deficit is fucked up beyond a 100 year fix and the dollar will no longer be thhe world's currency. The path to false prospeity Ronnie strated us on is finally at the cliff's edge.

Agfhanistan decision? Haven't we had enough snap judgements that have cost us thousands of lives and trillions of dollars? You want some more? Take 6 months for all I fuckin' care. Ain't changing shit with them. Just get it right (which means get us out except for in and out special ops raids and intel) .

The bow was retarded. Flail away and I'm right there with you. A POTUS should never. He should :pb:

+1 Nice rant.

I was going to fire up something similar (although much less articulate) until I realized that I was talking to someone who thinks that if you don't like Palin it's because "liberal men are candy assed, hen-pecked, pussified metrosexual elitists that are afraid of strong willed, good looking women."

Are we really trying to convince Fire Marshall Bill of something or change his worldview? Waste of fucking time.

Still, I love the rant.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:17 pm

Motherscratcher wrote:
+1 Nice rant.

I was going to fire up something similar (although much less articulate)

A compliment I venture to guess JB has never heard before ;-) ;) :wink:
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:51 pm

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:
Well, I didn't vote for McCain either so fucking there..... and I never said I supported Palin for POTUS or VP or any other political office......JHFC its like a freaking DumbFuck reunion in here

You ASSUMED I did/do....how elitist/teacheresque of you to think you can read into me

I do think she makes a great loose cannon and God knows, we could use 1000 more of those on Capitol Hill

I just stated that, basically, liberal men are candy assed, hen-pecked, pussified metrosexual elitists that are afraid of strong willed, good looking women. Esp those who wear lipstick and can field dress a moose

You blame the parents for the failures of the teachers and their union, too, I'll betchya..... :bunny:

I never made any assumption about you, or your political views. You are the only dumbfuck I see here. You appear to be quite good at making inaccurate, stereotypical blanket statements with little or no substance to back them up. Your takes are bush league. Am I better than you? Clearly. If that makes me elitist, then I'm ok with with that. Come back when you can support anything you say with any shred of logic or reason. If you want to attack me personally, that's fine, but you'll only be making my point.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby swerb » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:23 pm

Pailin's speech to the RNC before the election, her coming out party of sorts ... man was it good. On that night, I thought Sarah Palin was the future of the Republican Party for the next 10 years.

It's all just fallen apart for her since.

Palin was mishandled so badly after that speech and in the months leading into the election. It was part of a complete and total collapse by the McCain campaign ... the most poorly run presidential campaign in my adult life. They had that huge bounce coming out of the RNC after the Dems got little bounce off theirs.

Two months later the economy had tanked, McCain proved to the world he had no clue how to handle it, and 60% of the country though Palin was an idiot. Election over.

Sarah is not as stupid as the left makes her out to be. She's also unelectable to an office like President. As JB pointed out, 40% max.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:45 pm

Motherscratcher wrote:
JB wrote:

+1 Nice rant.

I was going to fire up something similar (although much less articulate) until I realized that I was talking to someone who thinks that if you don't like Palin it's because "liberal men are candy assed, hen-pecked, pussified metrosexual elitists that are afraid of strong willed, good looking women."

Are we really trying to convince Fire Marshall Bill of something or change his worldview? Waste of fucking time.

Still, I love the rant.

Some time ago I quit all attempts of having political conversation with anyone who has never been in a grenade fight, but....pretty much this right here.....

Still, I love the rant

...and thanks Erie for comming right out and admitting you're a self-absorbed elitist.
Fire Marshall Bill

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:01 pm

JB wrote:Barry is left holding the bag.

The moment you take office those problems are your problems. The ownership belongs with Obama. Show me the rational steps he is taking to fix the overspending?

Your post is a rant and I can only imagine the fire was burning in your eyes while typing. For instance, the highest marginal tax rate was 25% in 1925. Also funny how your world view is 100% Demcocrat apologia, and 100% GOP villainy. Common sense says when running a deficit, one that is to the point of economic collapse, you reign in spending across the board. Only a moron, and there are plenty, would continue to spend on his maxed out credit cards while unemployed, and then rationalize it based on what the money was spent on.

Barry in his 10 months is just getting started on a path that could have taught the spendthrift Bush administration lessons they never dreamed of. Show me the steps he is taking to STOP the spending at some point. Na, he will use this crisis to baloon the sheet outta spending that is the progressive playbook. Time to realize that this government needs a dramatic cut in expansion before we even think of healthcare.

Cuts to everything. I'd start with the largest being to transfer payments, subsidies, and aid to foriegn governments, and finish with defense and infrastructure. Cut spending by 70%, and not bullshit cuts that cause the states to increase spending, trickle those cuts down. They force states to tow the line when it comes to highway dollars, time for the blackmail to be on spending cuts and efficiency. Maybe then I'll explore the most progressive single payer health care plan. Only at that point, once government has been made to be accountable for their spending.

Related, but unrelated...
Oh, I finally thought about yer statement about removal of the profit incentive causing increased efficiency, causing healthcare to be provided at nearer to cost. It's retarded beyond belief. Generating profit is what causes costs to be reduced. Even if I give you the profit gap as a cost, and thus removed by a government takeover, you neglect to add to your equation government inefficiency and blundering which would probably eclipse any profit gap within 2 years. Also I'd love to see how the ultimate 3rd party payer model would cause prices to go down. Spreading the cost for anything, especially using the government as the executioner, is doomed to failure.

While this doesn't make me the bearer of truth by any means, I worked for the DoD as an Inspector General, and 99% of government programs will and do and did run dramatically over estimates. I know your response was to the flamingly irrational FMB, and hope my passion for cutting the shit outta government expenditures did not lead to too much hyperbole and a devolving of the discussion to TIMMAH/FMB/HarveyEdgeyJorProgPekar partisan bullplop...

Also apologize for any spelling or grammar errors... I hate typing on this laptop.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby jb » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:16 pm

stonepm wrote:
Overseas unfunded wars

Haven't we had enough snap judgements that have cost us thousands of lives and trillions of dollars?

Unfunded and costing trillions at the same time?

You want to bitch about the deficit? Overseas unfunded wars, a joke of a high end tax rate that is te lowest since the income tax was started, and unfunded Medicare part D that fucked us over.

Isn't this more on COngress than the PRes? Aren't they supposed to be in charge of $?

I'd much rather spend money we don't have to reign in health care and put an AMERICAN to work

How is fixing health care gonna put Americans to work?

The path to false prospeity Ronnie strated us on is finally at the cliff's edge.

How do you have "false prosperity"? People are either doing well or not. You wouldn't call this a ' false recession' would you?

Everything else I pretty much agree with you on.

Hi Stone - the way these are cut up makes replying choppy, but I'll try.

I could be wrong, but IIRC Medicare Part D was W's ca[paign promise and he provided the impetus. Congress gave him his wish replete with a new huge non-need based tested program.
Boo.

American businesses ar ethe only ones in the wrld that ostensibly pay thee health care costs of current and legacy employees. It is a huge drain and they are not as competitive as they need to be. Taking this off their plate would make them more nimble and competitive on a global scale.

Spedning more eficinetly (yeah, I have minmum hopes too) would alo help make them efficient. This is a strategic issue.

I wasn't dissing Ronnie reflexivley, just saying that when he came in office he was a deficit hawk. He had Stockman his wiz kid and all that sort of thing. However, he tried to cut spending in a recession and it was a disaster; exactly what the Keynesians tell you will happen. So he caved in after two horrific years, canned Stockman and was like "screw it". He's the one that started the concept of deficit spending while reducing income (cutting taxes) and he focussed on the defense sector. Not that much different from your personal finances really. Don't like your life style? Charge it! Just worry about paying debt service and you can live high and fuck the principle. For a while. Then eventually your credit goes to crap, you hit credit limit, and you can't even afford the minimum to pay debt service. Same thing is happening macro. But yeah, you will have "false prosperity" until it goes to shit.

Everey one since then has done that except Clinton, who had this thing turned around. W screwed the pooch and left Barry holding the bag. Barry panicked even more and the stimulus added on. But make no mistake, we were screwed royal before the stimulus when W needlessly dismantled the uper tax brackets and strted Medicare D and launched a hugely expensive war.

We are in deep doo doo. But to hang that all on 10 months of Barry is just having an agenda.

Be well.
jb

Unread postby jb » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:22 pm

jack_tors wrote:
JB wrote:Agfhanistan decision? Haven't we had enough snap judgements that have cost us thousands of lives and trillions of dollars? You want some more? Take 6 months for all I fuckin' care. Ain't changing shit with them. Just get it right (which means get us out except for in and out special ops raids and intel) .

I totally agree with this one. We have to make a good, solid, well informed decision here because this could slip into a Vietnam type chaos if it hasnt already. Any decision has to be managed by the military, not from the White House or Capital.

We either gotta implement a plan with full resources that crushes these SOB's and has a viable rebuilding program for the Afghans so it doesnt happen all over again or get the hell out. Too many brave men and women have died already and we owe it to them to get it right or get them out.

has a viable rebuilding program for the Afghans

No way man. Not my job and I'm broke, plus it violates the JB Doctrine: "you can't help people too stupid to want to be helped."

I agree with you this is what it would take, though. And that's why we just need to leave.

Fuck 'em.

Blow them up from afar after bribing the locals for intel. If the loals we bribe lie, kill them, too.

Old school CIA.

Not huge military ops.
jb

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:15 pm

The moment you take office those problems are your problems. The ownership belongs with Obama. Show me the rational steps he is taking to fix the overspending?

Oh please spare me. How many times did Repubs blame Clinton for 9/11?

You know how many times I heard "you can't blame Bush, it was only his 9th month in office".

Rational steps? Like what, cutting the CG tax and giving rick folks a nice big tax cut while the rest of us pick up the slack?
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby RC » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:27 pm

Orenthal wrote:Also funny how your world view is 100% Demcocrat apologia, and 100% GOP villainy.

Hey! Be nice to JB. He lives in the Pro-Union Democrat cesspool known as the Mahoning Valley. That's all they know out there. Believe me, I know. You know, for me to vote for my mayor in my town there I have to be a registered Democrat because whoever wins the primary automatically wins the election in my town because nobody ever dares to run against the Democrat. I'm actually thinking about running just to see my name on the ballet and to tell my kids 'Hey I ran for mayor!'.

The (R) behind my name will take care of me actually winning there. Probably will get my house egged there too. :thumb up:

+1 on the rest of your post Orenthal.
RC
Keepin' The Faith In Y-Town

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Chris Grant

Next

Return to No Holds Barred