Text Size

No Holds Barred

Anthony Sowell

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Anthony Sowell

Unread postby TIMMAH » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:11 pm

I'm surprised that no one has made a thread to discuss Cleveland's very own serial killer, Anthony Sowell yet. The body count from his house is up to 11 now and the police are still searching his home for more.

Now I hear that they are trying to pin the Cleveland "Strawberry Killings" of the 80's on him as well. Nothing substantial yet but those murders were similar in nature and they stopped about the same time Sowell went to prison before being released in 2005. Now it seems he may have just been picking up where he left off.

God be with the families. This is unbelievable.

Trains, planes, or automobiles *cocks shotgun* ... better have my DONUTS.
TIMMAH

Favorite Player: Lebron James
Least Favorite Player: The Steelers

Re: Anthony Sowell

Unread postby mswerb » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:56 pm

The odd part of this is that these women have been missing, but not reprted as so.
mswerb
Carolina Junkie

Favorite Player: MJ
Least Favorite Player: Anyone from DOOK

Unread postby jb » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:16 pm

people thought the smell was the sausage factory. Guh.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby TIMMAH » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:08 pm

Everyone is pointing fingers at the cops but if you really need to be pointing fingers right now I'd be pointing them at the people in the neighborhood.

People not getting reported missing, the stench of rotting flesh so bad that people were getting sick and it was never reported (no, one guy half assingly reporting it once does not count), and just the fact that no one noticed or cared. It's just insane. It's like the guy wasn't even trying to get away with it, just no one bothered to stop him until the cops stumbled upon it now.

Three cheers for the CPD and the people of Cleveland!

TIMMAH

Unread postby Guest » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:36 pm

Cleveland needs to get on the ball. This guy doesn't have a nickname yet, and we're not even using his middle name. I'm sure if he surpasses the Torso Murderer he'll wind up with his own MSNBC special. Until then, maybe we can call him the Imperial Avenue Murderer or the Sowell Killer or something like that.

Unread postby TIMMAH » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:21 pm

GodHatesClevelandSports wrote:Cleveland needs to get on the ball. This guy doesn't have a nickname yet, and we're not even using his middle name. I'm sure if he surpasses the Torso Murderer he'll wind up with his own MSNBC special. Until then, maybe we can call him the Imperial Avenue Murderer or the Sowell Killer or something like that.

The Cleveland Strangler

Now I'm reading about how while his house reeked of bodies he was cooking up BBQ for everyone on the block. Hope he didn't pull a Hannibal.

TIMMAH

Unread postby Cease » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:36 pm

TIMMAH wrote:Now I'm reading about how while his house reeked of bodies he was cooking up BBQ for everyone on the block. Hope he didn't pull a Hannibal.

Where are you reading this?

Nevermind. Found a mention in Google News search, but I can't provide link due to firewalls.
Cease

Favorite Player: Gamers
Least Favorite Player: Chuckers

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:50 pm

mswerb wrote:The odd part of this is that these women have been missing, but not reprted as so.

That's the way it is with some women. It's why Gary Ridgway (Green River Killer) was able to kill 48 women, most of them were people he knew wouldn't be reported missing.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby stonepm » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:45 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
mswerb wrote:The odd part of this is that these women have been missing, but not reprted as so.

That's the way it is with some women. It's why Gary Ridgway (Green River Killer) was able to kill 48 women, most of them were people he knew wouldn't be reported missing.

An earlier article I read was describing the 3 identified women and 2 were mothers of 3 & 4 fairly young children and the other had teenage children. How did no one, not one single person: social worker, caretaker, boyfriend, father, WHOEVER not notice that the mother has been missing? That boggles my mind. Even crackhead mothers have a tendency of showing up somewhere on occasion cuz even if the kids are in foster care, the mother is still usually locatable somehow (hang out in the same neighborhood, known dealers, etc)
Anything is possible in the life of a man if he lives long enough. Even adulthood.--Howell Raines
stonepm

Favorite Player: nobody right now
Least Favorite Player: karma

Unread postby jfiling » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:15 am

Looking for "Strawberry Killings" brought me to an article today from a guy I used to enjoy reading at Cleveland Scene.

http://www.truecrimereport.com/2009/11/ ... lazy_c.php

I haven't looked at Scene in a while, but losing guys like Kotz is no way to run a newspaper.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Return to No Holds Barred