Text Size

No Holds Barred

aoxo, quit your bitching and buy the shirt

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

aoxo, quit your bitching and buy the shirt

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:42 am

Just wanted a little balance since people like to point out the far right and their nuts.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,569665,00.html

"There always has to be some sort of separation," said Berns, referring to the state-funded school and religious affiliation. "Me personally, I'm not going to buy the shirts and I know others at [Penn State Hillel] who won't, either."

:lmfao: :lmfao:

"Are we going to ban lowercase t's in the alphabet? Where do you draw the line?"

:lmfao: :lmfao:
Attachments
0_21_2009Shirt_450.jpg
0_21_2009Shirt_450.jpg (27.79 KiB) Viewed 1106 times
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Re: aoxo, quit your bitching and buy the shirt

Unread postby aoxo1 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:09 pm

I, too, refuse to buy the shirt.

I also refuse to buy all the other shirts that are being sold in the Campus Bookstore. I already have one and don't need any more.

I would, however, fully support a joke campaign to ban the lowercase 't' by some prank playing college students. The reactions would be priceless.

That said, why aren't they giving out plain white t-shirts for the white outs?
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Unread postby Cease » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:25 pm

I like how the Nike Swoosh symbol is positioned above the sign of the cross. Paying homage to college football's one true god.
Cease

Favorite Player: Gamers
Least Favorite Player: Chuckers

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:19 pm

Ziner wrote:
"There always has to be some sort of separation," said Berns, referring to the state-funded school and religious affiliation. "Me personally, I'm not going to buy the shirts and I know others at [Penn State Hillel] who won't, either."

Does ThaT mean The jews aT Penn STaTe haTe The chrisTians?

Down wiTh The lower-case T!

On anoTher noTe, can Fox really keep The "fair and balanced" on Their webpage header?
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:39 pm

Fox News is right wing as hell, but that's what they were designed to be.

Murdoch saw a huge audience of people whom felt the nightly news and the media in general was left-leaning and decided to capatilize on that. Pretty brilliant business wise, as they've captured that market and have very little to compete with on that.

MSNBC and GE saw things the otherway and want to capatalize on people who disliked fox and republicans, thus giving shows to Maddow, Ed Schultz and Olbermann.

That said, I find this overreaction of the shirt pretty funny.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby jfiling » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:33 pm

"Six complaints is not a controversy," Mahon wrote Foxnews.com. "Students submit shirt designs to the student paper each year. Students then vote for their favorite design and they are sold in the campus bookstore."

In other words, they got punked. Either some far-lefty or some far-righty submitted that design, and got enough votes to make it stick. If it was a far-lefty, they manufactured controversy. If it was a far-righty, he got his magical Jesus stick onto an approved t-shirt.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:48 pm

I don't see it.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:56 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I don't see it.

Thread done
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:22 pm

jfiling wrote:
"Six complaints is not a controversy," Mahon wrote Foxnews.com. "Students submit shirt designs to the student paper each year. Students then vote for their favorite design and they are sold in the campus bookstore."

In other words, they got punked. Either some far-lefty or some far-righty submitted that design, and got enough votes to make it stick. If it was a far-lefty, they manufactured controversy. If it was a far-righty, he got his magical Jesus stick onto an approved t-shirt.

...or someone thought it to be a cool design, and some tight ass is just over sensitive and sees things even CDT cannot see. Why even report this kind of crap?
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:56 pm

I just don't get, the blue line represents the helmet stripe, the back of the shirt has the same stripe, and it's not in the shape of a cross.. The students voted on it and it won. Plus it's not like you're forced to wear it, i'm sure there's 1,000 other white PSU shirts, just wear one of those if it "offends" you. It would be pretty shitty for the school to overturn the vote of the students based on some Rorshach test.

Much ado about nothing IMO.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby aoxo1 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:04 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I just don't get, the blue line represents the helmet stripe, the back of the shirt has the same stripe, and it's not in the shape of a cross.. The students voted on it and it won. Plus it's not like you're forced to wear it, i'm sure there's 1,000 other white PSU shirts, just wear one of those if it "offends" you. It would be pretty shitty for the school to overturn the vote of the students based on some Rorshach test.

Much ado about nothing IMO.

But there's where you're wrong. It quite clearly is the little known Lichtenstinian Cross.
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Unread postby mswerb » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:25 pm

You're an idiot. If you look at this shirt and see a cross and are offended deal with it. As stated before it is meant to resemble the helmets. If it pisses you off, I would like to order 666 of these shirts!
mswerb
Carolina Junkie

Favorite Player: MJ
Least Favorite Player: Anyone from DOOK

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:04 pm

I love it when people get offended over things like these. *High five*
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Favorite Player: Federer
Least Favorite Player: Anything Boston

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:27 pm

I think it is blatantly obvious the Quakers are behind this. What better way to sucker kids in to religion than to trick in to wearing a cross disguised as a football shirt.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:32 pm

Ziner wrote:I think it is blatantly obvious the Quakers are behind this. What better way to sucker kids in to religion than to trick in to wearing a cross disguised as a football shirt.

They're just trying to sell more oats. In an economy like this, you need to sell oats.

But there's where you're wrong. It quite clearly is the little known Lichtenstinian Cross.

Those damn bastards from Lichtenstein, You can't trust 'em. I hear their military is up to 50 men.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby jfiling » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:42 am

jfiling wrote:

I was completely wrong. Doesn't matter, though, now that the shirts have been yanked from the shelves.

http://www.examiner.com/x-19905-Religio ... om-shelves

Stephanie Bennis, a senior at the school, said she created the shirt's design in March with fellow public relations major Emily Sabolsky, and in no way did they intend to create religious overtones. Like Mahon, she said the single blue stripe is a nod to the university's football program.

"That was the entire idea," she said. "And all we thought was normally wording goes right across the chest. That's truly the reason why we did it."
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:15 am

People walk around parading under the "Free Speech" banner saying whatever the heck they want, but when it comes to anything that smacks of Christianity, the world stops rotating on its axis and people become suffocated with offense.

Instead of just making a decision to not buy the friggin' shirt (I know, unique), people have to torch the shirt as some sort of example of how the "religious right is forcing its views again."

Why is this acceptable? Why couldn't the ADL tell the Penn State six-pack of dolts to shut up? Why was this a story in the first place? Is Jesus so terribly offensive that people can't even stand the symbolism of Christ?

Let's wait until those six bastions of purity are laid up in the hospital or even cramming for a final after an all-night bender. Who do they call on then? Mom? Dad? Probably not.

Better yet, what about during that all-night bender and they are clutching that ruddy porcelain white god in their bathroom? Who do they call on then?

"Oh God, Oh God, get me through this and I swear I'll never drink again."

J, this is the best part of that article.

Shame on PSU (used abbreviated version to avoid lower case t's) for giving in. Does nothing but give PC a worse name.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:35 am

Wait, the Nike "swoosh" resembles half a Jesus fish. Good thing they yanked them right off the shelves. :dead:
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby Orenthal » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:52 pm

jfiling wrote:
jfiling wrote:

I was completely wrong. Doesn't matter, though, now that the shirts have been yanked from the shelves.

http://www.examiner.com/x-19905-Religio ... om-shelves

Stephanie Bennis, a senior at the school, said she created the shirt's design in March with fellow public relations major Emily Sabolsky, and in no way did they intend to create religious overtones. Like Mahon, she said the single blue stripe is a nod to the university's football program.

"That was the entire idea," she said. "And all we thought was normally wording goes right across the chest. That's truly the reason why we did it."

Like my first post here stated. Too many peep's always looking for some hidden meaning, and deeper thought process, is what causes all this bullshit sensitivity. The all to willing and edacious media can't help perpetuating...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:42 pm

Orenthal wrote:
Like my first post here stated. Too many peep's always looking for some hidden meaning, and deeper thought process, is what causes all this bullshit sensitivity. The all to willing and edacious media can't help perpetuating...

I don't think the media has any blame in this. It's PSU cowering to bullshit. I still don't see a cross.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Ziner » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:49 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
Orenthal wrote:

I don't think the media has any blame in this. It's PSU cowering to bullshit. I still don't see a cross.

See there is this line down the middle of the shirt, and then Penn State written across the chest, it makes a cross, even a god hatin' lib like yourself should be able to see it ;-) ;) :wink:

:hic: - my code for saying all posts are under the influence of alcohol
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby jb » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:08 pm

Cease wrote:I like how the Nike Swoosh symbol is positioned above the sign of the cross. Paying homage to college football's one true god.

$

Yep, HoePa is such a holier than thou purist that nothing is allowed on his uniforms.

Except the $ generated by that swoosh.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby jb » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:09 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
Orenthal wrote:

The original shirt said "In this sign we conquer" on the back.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Return to No Holds Barred