Text Size

No Holds Barred

Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:48 pm

who else, the Obama administration. CDT wins a prize for predicting it in the football thread.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4562338
Fuck the Browns...
User avatar
rebelwithoutaclue
 
Posts: 3639
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 11:43 am
Location: Under them Skies of Blue
Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby Stu » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:50 pm

he didnt blame obama directly, he used the obama name to describe the group of people that kept him out of it.
Stu
 
Posts: 1642
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:15 pm
Favorite Player: Eric Wedge
Least Favorite Player: Swerb

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby Guest » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:15 pm

Whah!

Sorry, you fat, drug-addled bag of hot air and hate...there is NO right to free speech when it comes to capitalism and the workplace.

Fatbaugh has every Constitutional right to talk about the NFL looking like the "Bloods and the Cripps"...and the NFL has every right to reject him for those remarks, as they could result in a loss of revenue or a perceived loss of image for the employer.

See also; Al Campanis, John Rocker, Jimmy the Greek, etc.
Guest
 

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby Stu » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:21 pm

Mitch wrote:Whah!

Sorry, you fat, drug-addled bag of hot air and hate...there is NO right to free speech when it comes to capitalism and the workplace.

Fatbaugh has every Constitutional right to talk about the NFL looking like the "Bloods and the Cripps"...and the NFL has every right to reject him for those remarks, as they could result in a loss of revenue or a perceived loss of image for the employer.

See also; Al Campanis, John Rocker, Jimmy the Greek, etc.



when did he say anything about freedom of speech?
Stu
 
Posts: 1642
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:15 pm
Favorite Player: Eric Wedge
Least Favorite Player: Swerb

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby stonepm » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:29 pm

Mitch wrote:Whah!

Sorry, you fat, drug-addled bag of hot air and hate...there is NO right to free speech when it comes to capitalism and the workplace.

Fatbaugh has every Constitutional right to talk about the NFL looking like the "Bloods and the Cripps"...and the NFL has every right to reject him for those remarks, as they could result in a loss of revenue or a perceived loss of image for the employer.

See also; Al Campanis, John Rocker, Jimmy the Greek, etc.


C'mon, you really think that was their motive? The NFLPA is full of murder's, drug dealers, dog fighters, drunk drivers, steroid abusers and a whole slew of other bonafide criminals and general malcontents. Pacman, Vick, Ray Lewis, Jamal Lewis, TO, Stahlworth, 85...want me to keep going?
Anything is possible in the life of a man if he lives long enough. Even adulthood.--Howell Raines
User avatar
stonepm
 
Posts: 460
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:36 am
Location: Avon, Oh
Favorite Player: nobody right now
Least Favorite Player: karma

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:37 pm

stonepm wrote:
Mitch wrote:Whah!

Sorry, you fat, drug-addled bag of hot air and hate...there is NO right to free speech when it comes to capitalism and the workplace.

Fatbaugh has every Constitutional right to talk about the NFL looking like the "Bloods and the Cripps"...and the NFL has every right to reject him for those remarks, as they could result in a loss of revenue or a perceived loss of image for the employer.

See also; Al Campanis, John Rocker, Jimmy the Greek, etc.


C'mon, you really think that was their motive? The NFLPA is full of murder's, drug dealers, dog fighters, drunk drivers, steroid abusers and a whole slew of other bonafide criminals and general malcontents. Pacman, Vick, Ray Lewis, Jamal Lewis, TO, Stahlworth, 85...want me to keep going?


Yeah...but those guys vote democratic. ;-) ;) :wink:

More polarization. Here, there, everywhere.

Drugs are referenced in his regard but ignored elsewhere, hate is subjective as the liberal media stars preach love and love only. What are you gonna do?

I can't stand Rush Limbaugh. But there's probably 35 reasons ahead of fat, drug addled talking head that led to his interest being snuffed out. And if there aren't then there are really some serious issues in the NFL.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22758
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby CarolinaTribe » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:49 pm

stonepm wrote:
Mitch wrote: The NFLPA is full of murder's, drug dealers, dog fighters, drunk drivers, steroid abusers and a whole slew of other bonafide criminals and general malcontents. Pacman, Vick, Ray Lewis, Jamal Lewis, TO, Stahlworth, 85...want me to keep going?


You forgot Brett Favre.
User avatar
CarolinaTribe
 
Posts: 614
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:16 pm

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby stonepm » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:21 pm

Peeker643 wrote:
Yeah...but those guys vote democratic. ;-) ;) :wink:

More polarization. Here, there, everywhere.

Drugs are referenced in his regard but ignored elsewhere, hate is subjective as the liberal media stars preach love and love only. What are you gonna do?

I can't stand Rush Limbaugh. But there's probably 35 reasons ahead of fat, drug addled talking head that led to his interest being snuffed out. And if there aren't then there are really some serious issues in the NFL.


I agree, I just get frustrated when people let their hatred for a man that does not have any affect on their lives what-so-ever, cloud their judgement. This owners group, that doesn't want Rush Limbaugh because he is "divisive", is the same gorup of "elite" people that includes Al Davis and he is clearly a little off.
Anything is possible in the life of a man if he lives long enough. Even adulthood.--Howell Raines
User avatar
stonepm
 
Posts: 460
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:36 am
Location: Avon, Oh
Favorite Player: nobody right now
Least Favorite Player: karma

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:32 pm

Stu wrote:he didnt blame obama directly, he used the obama name to describe the group of people that kept him out of it.


And he believed what happened to him was an illustration of "Obama's America on full display."


To be fair, it was a small article when I first posted but has been expanded to include this gem:

Limbaugh blamed DeMaurice Smith, executive director of the NFLPA, whom he called an "Obama-ite," and the Revs. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, whom he referred to as "race hustlers," for Checketts' decision a day earlier to drop him. He said his sacking was an example of the political clout wielded by the Obama administration.



His is directly blaming the Obama administration, and by extension, Obama.
Fuck the Browns...
User avatar
rebelwithoutaclue
 
Posts: 3639
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 11:43 am
Location: Under them Skies of Blue
Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:45 pm

This is my favorite part.

Limbaugh said he's "lost nothing" over the episode and vowed to continue being the "biggest non-paid promoter of the sport."

"On the other hand, our country has lost a great deal. A lot more than most people realize at the moment," Limbaugh said.



Our country has lost a great deal because Piggy can't own a part of the Rams? Really?

Good riddance. What a disgusting fat pile of a "human".
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby Guest » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:59 pm

So what does it mean when Fatbaugh says that the NFL union is an example of "Obama's America"?

Is it because the players in the NFL are predominately black?

That makes no sense to me...but then again, it didn't make much sense to me when the Nazi gasbag got on their air and said that "Obama's America" was a bunch of black kids beating up a white kid on a bus.
Guest
 

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby Hi Oktane » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:09 pm

Mitch wrote:...but then again, it didn't make much sense to me when the Nazi gasbag got on their air and said that "Obama's America" was a bunch of black kids beating up a white kid on a bus.


But you tune in, I see. ;-) ;) :wink:
"At least the Scots didn't have to tune in with the rest of the country and watch their women get plowed by Longshanks and his men."
~Commodore Perry on the difference between baseball's flawed economics : Indians :: prima nocta : Scots
User avatar
Hi Oktane
TPS Report Grader
 
Posts: 4835
Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 8:23 pm
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Favorite Player: Brother Red
Least Favorite Player: IHS

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby Stu » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:53 pm

Hi Oktane wrote:
Mitch wrote:...but then again, it didn't make much sense to me when the Nazi gasbag got on their air and said that "Obama's America" was a bunch of black kids beating up a white kid on a bus.


But you tune in, I see. ;-) ;) :wink:


while missing limbaugh's entire point.



and before anyone says im one of his followers, i dont listen to the guy.
Stu
 
Posts: 1642
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:15 pm
Favorite Player: Eric Wedge
Least Favorite Player: Swerb

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby aoxo1 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:13 pm

I thought Rush vehemently supported businesses and clubs have the right to allow and exclude whomever they liked.
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
User avatar
aoxo1
 
Posts: 2934
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:23 pm
Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby dmiles » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:26 pm

aoxo1 wrote:I thought Rush vehemently supported businesses and clubs have the right to allow and exclude whomever they liked.


That's the side I come down on I agree totally. For instance as I mentioned in the other thread women wanting equal access to some golf club. Screw em. I be too po to play golf, should I demand they let me in anyway? I am really disappointed that the businessman dropped Rush though I wanted a forced vote so that we could see additional polarization.

A dick like Irsay having to make a public vote = fun. Also I wanted to see Rush rejected and pissed off dittoheads.

All that said I'd really like to lie down in the biblical sense with Roger Goodell's wife.

On Twitter @DaBashers
User avatar
dmiles
 
Posts: 1110
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:36 am
Location: San Diego, CA

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:14 pm

stonepm wrote:I agree, I just get frustrated when people let their hatred for a man that does not have any affect on their lives what-so-ever, cloud their judgement. This owners group, that doesn't want Rush Limbaugh because he is "divisive", is the same gorup of "elite" people that includes Al Davis and he is clearly a little off.


I believe disdain for the man comes from the fact he is a hate-spewing biggot. You say divisive, I say enormous asshole who I wish cancer upon. Really.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Image
User avatar
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer
 
Posts: 6495
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:50 pm
Location: Hampton, VA
Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:10 pm

If they made a deal that Rush had to give up his show, would that work?

Wouldn't that be a perfect world for all?

In any event, the NFL has rejected prospective owners many times in the past. Not so much now methinks due to the costs of a team but, its been done
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
User avatar
Fire Marshall Bill
 
Posts: 2691
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:00 pm
Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby davemanddd » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:42 pm

Erie Warrior wrote:
stonepm wrote:I agree, I just get frustrated when people let their hatred for a man that does not have any affect on their lives what-so-ever, cloud their judgement. This owners group, that doesn't want Rush Limbaugh because he is "divisive", is the same gorup of "elite" people that includes Al Davis and he is clearly a little off.


I believe disdain for the man comes from the fact he is a hate-spewing biggot. You say divisive, I say enormous asshole who I wish cancer upon. Really.


do you even listen to his program??? did you know that his call screener is a black man??? do you know one of his guest hosts and best friends is walter williams, a highly educated black man who is on staff as a tenured professor at george mason university??? if you listen to his program, then you would know that he is not a bigot. he speaks the truth, but with apologies to jack nicholson's character in "a few good men", you can't handle the truth.

if you really want to know who the real bigots are, they are the very guys who supposedly are leading the ever-continuing struggle for equality for the black man, guys like al sharpton and the rev'rund jesse jackson and the like. they continue to push their regressionist "black man as victim" agenda just to keep themselves relevant in the black community instead of actually coming up with progressive ideas that would actually help the black community to get ahead and prosper.

rush, on the other hand wants the black man (and everyone else for that matter) to have all the same rights, freedoms and privileges as everyone else. he just doesn't think they should be at the expense of more qualified people of another race, be they white, black, yellow or green. by the same token, he doesn't think that a white man should get any special privileges over a black man either just because of the color of their skin. he believes in "rugged individualism" meaning that it's every man for himself, regardless of race, creed, color, religion, etc.

if you think getting ahead in life requires the help of the government, like a lot of people in this country do, both black and white, well then you are sadly mistaken and that's the type of stuff rush talks about on his program every day. he believes in the individual taking control of his own life, you know, the whole life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness thing. he thinks people should stop looking for a handout from the government and instead get their hands busy in doing actual work for themselves and earn their own money.

if anything, the only way the people of this country are ever going to get ahead is if the government stops being so controlling, intrusive and socialistic and yet the guy who's in the white house now is even worse when it comes to these issues than all other presidents before him and it has absolutely nothing to do with the color of his skin and everything to do with his beliefs, policies and actions and yet anytime you voice your opposition to him, you are immediately labeled as being a racist???

puh-lease!!!

rush has always been critical of anything on the liberal/democrat agenda anyway and absolutely none of it has ever had anything to do at all with bigotry or racism and if you would have been listening to his program during the clinton administration, you would know this.

all this being said, i really don't want him being the owner of the rams because he would take that team and put all the other old, rich, white guys who own the other teams to shame, especially the browns, even though randy lerner already does a good job of that all by himself.

on a side note, i find it rather interesting that rush is actually a very huge fan of pittspuke and just spews out all kinds of love towards the steelers, the rooney family and coach mike tomlin every chance he gets on his program and yet rooney is a huge obama-honk and is now his ambassador to ireland. go figure???

oh well, it looks like the politically-correct crowd has won yet again as rush has been removed from the group looking to buy the rams and so this is all just water under the bridge now. next topic.
dave . . .
davemanddd
 
Posts: 2043
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:07 pm
Location: mansfield, ohio
Favorite Player: joe thomas
Least Favorite Player: lebron james

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby aoxo1 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:51 pm

I know, Rush totally isn't a racist!

I mean, would a racist say this?
Take that bone out of your nose and call me back.


The "he has black friends" thing is such bullshit. I've met plenty of people who get along fine with the individual black/jew/homosexual/whatever, and are even friends with them, but at the same time are quite obviously racist etc.
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
User avatar
aoxo1
 
Posts: 2934
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:23 pm
Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:13 pm

davemanddd wrote:
do you even listen to his program??? did you know that his call screener is a black man??? do you know one of his guest hosts and best friends is walter williams, a highly educated black man who is on staff as a tenured professor at george mason university??? if you listen to his program, then you would know that he is not a bigot. he speaks the truth, but with apologies to jack nicholson's character in "a few good men", you can't handle the truth.


Dave, take your head out of your ass. Limbaugh is a world-class dick. Rugged individualism? What a crock of shit that is. It only holds water if all other things are equal. They are not. And if we're talking survival of the fittest type shit, his fat ass it the first to go.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Image
User avatar
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer
 
Posts: 6495
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:50 pm
Location: Hampton, VA
Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:15 pm

Erie Warrior wrote:You say divisive, I say enormous asshole who I wish cancer upon. Really.


Erie, I don't normally high-post like this, and I don't like to do it here... but cancer isn't something you should wish on anyone. Trust me.
User avatar
hermanfontenot
History Buff
 
Posts: 4117
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:52 am
Location: NE Ohio
Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:51 pm

do you even listen to his program??? did you know that his call screener is a black man??? do you know one of his guest hosts and best friends is walter williams, a highly educated black man who is on staff as a tenured professor at george mason university??? if you listen to his program, then you would know that he is not a bigot. he speaks the truth, but with apologies to jack nicholson's character in "a few good men", you can't handle the truth.


OMG! He totaly has a black call screener? GTFO! No way!

rush, on the other hand wants the black man (and everyone else for that matter) to have all the same rights, freedoms and privileges as everyone else.


Yep, he sure does. Unless it's a country club.

if anything, the only way the people of this country are ever going to get ahead is if the government stops being so controlling, intrusive and socialistic.


Yeah, it's not like the Bush Admin had Americans illegally spied on or anything...

Oh wait. Yes he did.

It's not like the Bush Admin tried to paint everyone against his stupid war as unpatriotic.

Oh wait. They did that too.

It's not like the Bush Admin bailed out companies that were going under. (Which is Socialism, the Goverment saving companies from going out of business)

Oh wait.....

rush has always been critical of anything on the liberal/democrat agenda anyway and absolutely none of it has ever had anything to do at all with bigotry or racism and if you would have been listening to his program during the clinton administration, you would know this.


Yeah it's not like playing a song called "Barrack the Magic Negro" is racist.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:00 pm

Erie Warrior wrote:
davemanddd wrote:
do you even listen to his program??? did you know that his call screener is a black man??? do you know one of his guest hosts and best friends is walter williams, a highly educated black man who is on staff as a tenured professor at george mason university??? if you listen to his program, then you would know that he is not a bigot. he speaks the truth, but with apologies to jack nicholson's character in "a few good men", you can't handle the truth.


Dave, take your head out of your ass. Limbaugh is a world-class dick. Rugged individualism? What a crock of shit that is. It only holds water if all other things are equal. They are not. And if we're talking survival of the fittest type shit, his fat ass it the first to go.


Kinda like how he got out of Vietman because of a pilonidal cyst, without ever having a examination by a Armed Services physician? Funny how that works. Kinda like "Deferment" Dick Cheney.

Erie, I don't normally high-post like this, and I don't like to do it here... but cancer isn't something you should wish on anyone. Trust me.


As much as I despise the fat pig, I agree with this.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby CarolinaTribe » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:32 pm

davemanddd wrote:
did you know that his call screener is a black man??? do you know one of his guest hosts and best friends is walter williams, a highly educated black man who is on staff as a tenured professor at george mason university???


Well that clarifies everything. One thing with racism is that so many people just don't understand what it is. I think Dave's post shows a lot of the misconceptions of racism.
User avatar
CarolinaTribe
 
Posts: 614
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:16 pm

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby Stu » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:34 pm

just so we are clear, according to this thread it is not ok to be overweight, have divisive viewpoints, use satire, or have drug issues.

however, it is ok to call people assholes, pigs, bigots, racist, and wish cancer upon them.

gotcha.
Stu
 
Posts: 1642
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:15 pm
Favorite Player: Eric Wedge
Least Favorite Player: Swerb

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:43 pm

Stu wrote:just so we are clear, according to this thread it is not ok to be overweight, have divisive viewpoints, use satire, or have drug issues.


He's a fucking pig, a fat distgusting pig. I'll slam him on that, because it's what he is. His drug issues are fair game because he spent so much time railing on drug users. So not only is he a pig, he's a hypocrite. What satire? Playing a song refering to guy as a Negro?

however, it is ok to call people assholes, pigs, bigots, racist, and wish cancer upon them.


Yep. Except the cancer thing IMO.

gotcha.


Good.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby Stu » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:44 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Yeah it's not like playing a song called "Barrack the Magic Negro" is racist.


1. Do you know how to spell our President's name?

2. Do you realize that the song was based on an LA Times article titled "Obama the 'Magic Negro'" ?


Listen to the song, then read the article, then listen to the song again. Maybe you'll learn something about how to analyze the true meaning of something rather than jumping to conclusions.
Stu
 
Posts: 1642
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:15 pm
Favorite Player: Eric Wedge
Least Favorite Player: Swerb

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby davemanddd » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:46 pm

Stu wrote:just so we are clear, according to this thread it is not ok to be overweight, have divisive viewpoints, use satire, or have drug issues.

however, it is ok to call people assholes, pigs, bigots, racist, and wish cancer upon them.

gotcha.


:clap:
dave . . .
davemanddd
 
Posts: 2043
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:07 pm
Location: mansfield, ohio
Favorite Player: joe thomas
Least Favorite Player: lebron james

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:48 pm

Stu wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Yeah it's not like playing a song called "Barrack the Magic Negro" is racist.


1. Do you know how to spell our President's name?

2. Do you realize that the song was based on an LA Times article titled "Obama the 'Magic Negro'" ?


Listen to the song, then read the article, then listen to the song again. Maybe you'll learn something about how to analyze the true meaning of something rather than jumping to conclusions.



lol. Spelling smack.

I don't give a shit what the LA Times did. Fuck them. The song is racist. End of discussion.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby Stu » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:51 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
Stu wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Yeah it's not like playing a song called "Barrack the Magic Negro" is racist.


1. Do you know how to spell our President's name?

2. Do you realize that the song was based on an LA Times article titled "Obama the 'Magic Negro'" ?


Listen to the song, then read the article, then listen to the song again. Maybe you'll learn something about how to analyze the true meaning of something rather than jumping to conclusions.



lol. Spelling smack.

I don't give a shit what the LA Times did. Fuck them. The song is racist. End of discussion.



and there you have it folks, the signature move by all idiots when they can't win an argument. ignore the facts, call names, throw insults, and then try to end the discussion. bravo. :hey:
Stu
 
Posts: 1642
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:15 pm
Favorite Player: Eric Wedge
Least Favorite Player: Swerb

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby leadpipe » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:54 pm

Stu wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
Stu wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Yeah it's not like playing a song called "Barrack the Magic Negro" is racist.


1. Do you know how to spell our President's name?

2. Do you realize that the song was based on an LA Times article titled "Obama the 'Magic Negro'" ?


Listen to the song, then read the article, then listen to the song again. Maybe you'll learn something about how to analyze the true meaning of something rather than jumping to conclusions.



lol. Spelling smack.

I don't give a shit what the LA Times did. Fuck them. The song is racist. End of discussion.



and there you have it folks, the signature move by all idiots when they can't win an argument. ignore the facts, call names, throw insults, and then try to end the discussion. bravo. :hey:


Stu, why don't you spend 10 seconds on a post NOT trying to dig for an argument from someone, then you wouldn't have to worry about it so much.

Same thing over and over again.
User avatar
leadpipe
The Reverend
 
Posts: 6626
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:58 am

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby Stu » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:57 pm

Lead Pipe wrote:Stu, why don't you spend 10 seconds on a post NOT trying to dig for an argument from someone, then you wouldn't have to worry about it so much.

Same thing over and over again.


because in this case, i find it unbelievable that someone would rather ignore facts than know the truth, just to support their opinion of someone.
Stu
 
Posts: 1642
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:15 pm
Favorite Player: Eric Wedge
Least Favorite Player: Swerb

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby CarolinaTribe » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:59 pm

Stu wrote:because in this case, i find it unbelievable that someone would rather ignore facts than know the truth, just to support their opinion of someone.


You don't think Limbaugh's a hypocrite, Stu?

I'm not even sure what everyone's arguing about, just a bunch of ranting.
User avatar
CarolinaTribe
 
Posts: 614
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:16 pm

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby Guest » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:10 am

CarolinaTribe wrote:
Stu wrote:because in this case, i find it unbelievable that someone would rather ignore facts than know the truth, just to support their opinion of someone.


You don't think Limbaugh's a hypocrite, Stu?

I'm not even sure what everyone's arguing about, just a bunch of ranting.


Nah...it's not hypocritical at all to continuously rail on drug users, saying that ALL OF THEM should be in prison.

Until you're caught not only abusing drugs, but also committing felonies in having your maid illegally obtain more hillbilly heroin for YOUR addiction...in which case you are just a victim and should be pitied.

No hypocricy whatsoever in that.
Guest
 

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:15 am

Stu wrote:and there you have it folks, the signature move by all idiots when they can't win an argument. ignore the facts, call names, throw insults, and then try to end the discussion. bravo. :hey:


lol.

Don't get me twisted.

I'm only ending the discussion with you. I'll glady keep debating other people on the subject. I'm not going to do the circular debate thing with you.

And before calling out someone else's spelling, you might want to find the Shift button on your keyboard.

FTR. Here's the song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZyPaivOARM
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:52 am

HermanFontenot wrote:
Erie, I don't normally high-post like this, and I don't like to do it here... but cancer isn't something you should wish on anyone. Trust me.


Too harsh? Now you know how I feel about those who propagate hate and intolerance. Especially those who use a public forum to do so and for the sole purpose of personal financial gain. He caters to those who either can't, because of lack of cognitive ability, or won't, because of "that's how I was raised" bullshit, understand differences in people and cultures.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Image
User avatar
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer
 
Posts: 6495
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:50 pm
Location: Hampton, VA
Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby jack_tors » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:55 am

Limbaugh being dropped is about money, plain and simple. His words, actions, quotes, and history are so controversial that owners fear he will impact the business. Thats the short of it really. Its why the NBA wants to get rid of Mark Cuban, cause he shoots his mouth off and is a loose cannon. No one can tell me that Limbaugh is not a loose cannon. One of those "take the bone out of your nose" type comments and lord knows what happens in the locker room, front office, and fan base (I exclude media as this group goes bonkers over everything said).

Limbaugh has made a career out of being controversial, which is what many in America do anymore. However, employers do not want this type of person and rich, NFL team owners who want every dollar available sure as hell do not want this type of person.

As for Rush himself, I loathe him and find him a narrow minded person who feeds the wants and fears of those who listen to him. Like many in the pundit field (regardless of D or R), his arguments are full of shoddy logic, assumptions, and some times out right lies. I dont need Rush to do my thinking for me, I am good on that task.

F. Scott Fitzgerald said, "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."
This quote is the reason I cant stand political pundits like rush, because they cant function.
“Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand.”- Wes Westrum

"The future is like a Japanese game show, we have no idea whats going on." - Tracy Jordan

"Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot and look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
-Rufus T. Firefly
User avatar
jack_tors
 
Posts: 1608
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:26 pm
Location: Reminderville, Oh
Favorite Player: Mike Modano
Least Favorite Player: LeChoke James

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby Stu » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:43 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:FTR. Here's the song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZyPaivOARM


thats step 1, now read the article and you'll understand.
Stu
 
Posts: 1642
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:15 pm
Favorite Player: Eric Wedge
Least Favorite Player: Swerb

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby Stu » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:45 am

CarolinaTribe wrote:
Stu wrote:because in this case, i find it unbelievable that someone would rather ignore facts than know the truth, just to support their opinion of someone.


You don't think Limbaugh's a hypocrite, Stu?

I'm not even sure what everyone's arguing about, just a bunch of ranting.


yes, it was very hypocritical of limbaugh to rip on drug users when he was one. i definitely agree with that, and its part of why I dont listen to him.

but my conversation with CDT has had nothing to do with hypocrisy
Stu
 
Posts: 1642
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:15 pm
Favorite Player: Eric Wedge
Least Favorite Player: Swerb

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby Orenthal » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:07 am

if anything, the only way the people of this country are ever going to get ahead is if the government stops being so controlling, intrusive and socialistic.


Yeah, it's not like the Bush Admin had Americans illegally spied on or anything...

Oh wait. Yes he did.

It's not like the Bush Admin tried to paint everyone against his stupid war as unpatriotic.

Oh wait. They did that too.

It's not like the Bush Admin bailed out companies that were going under. (Which is Socialism, the Goverment saving companies from going out of business)

Oh wait.....


As a frequent listener to the show I can tell you he railed against all those policies to the point the White House called him to ask which side he was on, and to apply pressure to let up...

...but continue with the uninformed almost religious zeal of hate for the guy. BTW where are all the quotes or sources to all this hate he spews? Seems to me the guy is no more divisive then any of the crew on here slamming him.

Oh and the NFL can do what it wants, but I think their reasoning is flawed and evidence of hyperbole that makes rational discussion impossible.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
User avatar
Orenthal
 
Posts: 4182
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: The Midd Heights
Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:40 am

davemanddd wrote:
Erie Warrior wrote:
stonepm wrote:I agree, I just get frustrated when people let their hatred for a man that does not have any affect on their lives what-so-ever, cloud their judgement. This owners group, that doesn't want Rush Limbaugh because he is "divisive", is the same gorup of "elite" people that includes Al Davis and he is clearly a little off.


I believe disdain for the man comes from the fact he is a hate-spewing biggot. You say divisive, I say enormous asshole who I wish cancer upon. Really.


do you even listen to his program??? did you know that his call screener is a black man??? do you know one of his guest hosts and best friends is walter williams, a highly educated black man who is on staff as a tenured professor at george mason university??? if you listen to his program, then you would know that he is not a bigot. he speaks the truth, but with apologies to jack nicholson's character in "a few good men", you can't handle the truth.

if you really want to know who the real bigots are, they are the very guys who supposedly are leading the ever-continuing struggle for equality for the black man, guys like al sharpton and the rev'rund jesse jackson and the like. they continue to push their regressionist "black man as victim" agenda just to keep themselves relevant in the black community instead of actually coming up with progressive ideas that would actually help the black community to get ahead and prosper.

rush, on the other hand wants the black man (and everyone else for that matter) to have all the same rights, freedoms and privileges as everyone else. he just doesn't think they should be at the expense of more qualified people of another race, be they white, black, yellow or green. by the same token, he doesn't think that a white man should get any special privileges over a black man either just because of the color of their skin. he believes in "rugged individualism" meaning that it's every man for himself, regardless of race, creed, color, religion, etc.

if you think getting ahead in life requires the help of the government, like a lot of people in this country do, both black and white, well then you are sadly mistaken and that's the type of stuff rush talks about on his program every day. he believes in the individual taking control of his own life, you know, the whole life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness thing. he thinks people should stop looking for a handout from the government and instead get their hands busy in doing actual work for themselves and earn their own money.

if anything, the only way the people of this country are ever going to get ahead is if the government stops being so controlling, intrusive and socialistic and yet the guy who's in the white house now is even worse when it comes to these issues than all other presidents before him and it has absolutely nothing to do with the color of his skin and everything to do with his beliefs, policies and actions and yet anytime you voice your opposition to him, you are immediately labeled as being a racist???

puh-lease!!!

rush has always been critical of anything on the liberal/democrat agenda anyway and absolutely none of it has ever had anything to do at all with bigotry or racism and if you would have been listening to his program during the clinton administration, you would know this.

all this being said, i really don't want him being the owner of the rams because he would take that team and put all the other old, rich, white guys who own the other teams to shame, especially the browns, even though randy lerner already does a good job of that all by himself.

on a side note, i find it rather interesting that rush is actually a very huge fan of pittspuke and just spews out all kinds of love towards the steelers, the rooney family and coach mike tomlin every chance he gets on his program and yet rooney is a huge obama-honk and is now his ambassador to ireland. go figure???

oh well, it looks like the politically-correct crowd has won yet again as rush has been removed from the group looking to buy the rams and so this is all just water under the bridge now. next topic.


I didn't realize that Rush had a black friend. I guess I was wrong about him. He's a great guy.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby aoxo1 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:37 am

"Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?"
"Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it."
"The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies."
"They’re 12 percent of the population. Who the hell cares?"
"Take that bone out of your nose and call me back."
"I think the media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well. They’re interested in black coaches and black quarterbacks doing well. I think there’s a little hope invested in McNabb and he got a lot of credit for the performance of his team that he really didn’t deserve. "
“She sounds like a screeching ex-wife. … Men will know what I mean by this.”
“Mrs Clinton Testicle Lockbox is big enough for the entire democratic heirarchy.”
“Will this country want to actually watch a woman get older before their eyes on a daily basis?”
“I don’t know why the B-I-itch is staying in.”
“[If Pelosi] wants fewer births, I have the way to do this and it won’t require any contraception: You simply put pictures of Nancy Pelosi … in every cheap motel room. … That will keep birthrates down because that picture will keep a lot of things down.”
“Edwards might be attracted to a woman whose mouth did something other than talk.”
“Some of these babes, I’m telling you, like the sexual harassment crowd. They’re out there protesting what they actually wish would happen to them sometimes.”
“If I were Bob Woodward, I would be on a lookout for Mrs. Clinton and her testicle lockbox.”
“She’s actually a very smart cat. She gets loved. She gets adoration. She gets petted. She gets fed. And she doesn’t have to do anything for it, which is why I say this cat’s taught me more about women, than anything in my whole life.”
"One of my fabulous routines concerns a San Francisco men’s club which lost its battle to exclude women from membership. The courts ruled that they had to admit women on the basis that businesswomen were being unfairly denied opportunities to do business. This is specious. How much business did women think they were going to get as a result of forcing their way in?

Anyway, after one year, the female members demanded their own exercise room. They were probably tired of being ogled by a bunch of slobbering men while they pumped iron in leotards and spandex. The men offered to install the first three exercise machines in the women’s new workout room. The ladies were thrilled. When they arrived on that first exciting day they found, to their stunned amazement, a washing machine, an ironing board, and a vacuum cleaner. Heh, heh, heh. (The Way Things Ought To Be, p.142-45 Jul 2, 1992)"
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
User avatar
aoxo1
 
Posts: 2934
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:23 pm
Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby exiledbuckeye » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:01 pm

Orenthal wrote: BTW where are all the quotes or sources to all this hate he spews?


http://mediamatters.org/research/200910130049

Including the background on the "Barack the Magic Negro" BS.

Some of my other favorites:

"We are being told that we have to hope [Obama] succeeds, that we have to bend over, grab the ankles ... because his father was black."


"Obama's entire economic program is reparations."


Obama is "Halfrican-American."


Limbaugh suggests Obama would not have acted on Somali pirates if he'd known they were "actually young, black Muslim teenagers."


you can't criticize the little black man-child. You just can't do it, 'cause it's just not right, It's not fair. He's such a victim."


Limbaugh responded to a Reuters report about a University of Chicago study that found that "a majority of young blacks feel alienated from today's government" by asserting, "Why would that be? The government's been taking care of them their whole lives."


"Look it, let me put it to you this way. The NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There I said it."


Limbaugh called illegal immigrants an "invasive species."
User avatar
exiledbuckeye
 
Posts: 1561
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:12 pm
Location: Michigan
Favorite Player: OSU
Least Favorite Player: scUM

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby Stu » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:12 pm

exiledbuckeye wrote:
"Look it, let me put it to you this way. The NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There I said it."



Why is this racist? Are you assuming that all gangbangers are black? Could it be that he was actually referring to the fact that there are a lot of criminals on the football field?


Yea, some of his comments are racist, but a lot of them are valid points. He's also been on the air for 30 years. 10 or 15 mistakes in 30 years is pretty damn good if you ask me.
Stu
 
Posts: 1642
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:15 pm
Favorite Player: Eric Wedge
Least Favorite Player: Swerb

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby exiledbuckeye » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:35 pm

Stu wrote:
exiledbuckeye wrote:
"Look it, let me put it to you this way. The NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There I said it."



Why is this racist? Are you assuming that all gangbangers are black? Could it be that he was actually referring to the fact that there are a lot of criminals on the football field?


Yea, some of his comments are racist, but a lot of them are valid points. He's also been on the air for 30 years. 10 or 15 mistakes in 30 years is pretty damn good if you ask me.


Regardless of whether it's racist or not, I put that one out there for an example of why the NFL would likely reject his ownership if he hadn't been dropped. Badmouth the league like that and then whine like a crybaby when they're not going to let you in? Please. I couldn't badmouth my employer, or a potential employer that way and expect to be treated like everyone else.
User avatar
exiledbuckeye
 
Posts: 1561
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:12 pm
Location: Michigan
Favorite Player: OSU
Least Favorite Player: scUM

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:42 pm

Limbaugh called illegal immigrants an "invasive species."


Which is exactly what they are.
User avatar
hermanfontenot
History Buff
 
Posts: 4117
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:52 am
Location: NE Ohio
Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:10 pm

I'll use this as an opportunity to try out my new "kickin back with a drink enjoying this banter" gif......



Image
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
User avatar
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"
 
Posts: 2817
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:47 pm
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:29 pm

aoxo1 wrote:“[If Pelosi] wants fewer births, I have the way to do this and it won’t require any contraception: You simply put pictures of Nancy Pelosi … in every cheap motel room. … That will keep birthrates down because that picture will keep a lot of things down.”


I don't care to debate this thread because I don't listen to Rush and don't find him to be an accurate representation of most Conservatives, but this quote is absolutely incredible.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
User avatar
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan
 
Posts: 14350
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 12:27 pm
Location: Cleveland
Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby aoxo1 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:44 pm

Stu wrote:
exiledbuckeye wrote:
"Look it, let me put it to you this way. The NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There I said it."



Why is this racist? Are you assuming that all gangbangers are black? Could it be that he was actually referring to the fact that there are a lot of criminals on the football field?


LOL REALLY?

Who is the one that said it "looks like..."? How exactly can Rush tell what a criminal looks like?

Image
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
User avatar
aoxo1
 
Posts: 2934
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:23 pm
Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby Stu » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:04 pm

aoxo1 wrote:LOL REALLY?

Who is the one that said it "looks like..."? How exactly can Rush tell what a criminal looks like?]


by looking at their criminal record.
Stu
 
Posts: 1642
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:15 pm
Favorite Player: Eric Wedge
Least Favorite Player: Swerb

Next

Return to No Holds Barred

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests