Text Size

No Holds Barred

Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby aoxo1 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:11 pm

Image
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
User avatar
aoxo1
 
Posts: 2934
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:23 pm
Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby idoctribefan » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:02 pm

exiledbuckeye wrote:
http://mediamatters.org/research/200910130049

Including the background on the "Barack the Magic Negro" BS.

Some of my other favorites:

"We are being told that we have to hope [Obama] succeeds, that we have to bend over, grab the ankles ... because his father was black."


I love it when people piece two quotes that have nothing to do with one another with "..."

"Obama's entire economic program is reparations."


His opinion. I don't think it's a racist statement though. It's a claim that Obama is using race.

Obama is "Halfrican-American."


This is kind of a dumb attempt at humor. But what's wrong with it?

Limbaugh suggests Obama would not have acted on Somali pirates if he'd known they were "actually young, black Muslim teenagers."


Again, surely this was a joke. If you would listen to Rush you would hear that a lot of what he says is said in jest.

you can't criticize the little black man-child. You just can't do it, 'cause it's just not right, It's not fair. He's such a victim."


This one toes the line a little. No need to put the word "black" in there. But again, I'm sure it was a lame joke.

Limbaugh responded to a Reuters report about a University of Chicago study that found that "a majority of young blacks feel alienated from today's government" by asserting, "Why would that be? The government's been taking care of them their whole lives."


This is an overgeneralization on Rush's part. But one (not me) could make the argument that it is accurate.

Limbaugh called illegal immigrants an "invasive species."


What's wrong with this? If you want to be technical, yes illegal immigrants ARE the same species. But they're definitely invasive.

I don't give two drops of dog piss whether or not Rush owns an NFL team. But if you're gonna keep him out of football because of all of his "controversies", then get rid of some of these other people as well. We don't want ANY divisive personalities in the NFL, right?

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/srigh ... -on-stage/
"And three of the better guys in franchise history, Daugherty, Z and now Kyrie could get hurt in a rubber room full of cotton balls." - Leadpipe
User avatar
idoctribefan
 
Posts: 1218
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:35 pm
Location: NE Ohio
Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: #6

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby exiledbuckeye » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:20 pm

Are racist jokes okay because they're jokes?
User avatar
exiledbuckeye
 
Posts: 1561
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:12 pm
Location: Michigan
Favorite Player: OSU
Least Favorite Player: scUM

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby exiledbuckeye » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:22 pm

I have to say that I find it pretty hilarious that the usual suspects who like to hype the "free market" think that a private organization should have to admit a member who they find to be too divisive and polarizing to further their business interests.
User avatar
exiledbuckeye
 
Posts: 1561
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:12 pm
Location: Michigan
Favorite Player: OSU
Least Favorite Player: scUM

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:28 pm

Orenthal wrote:
if anything, the only way the people of this country are ever going to get ahead is if the government stops being so controlling, intrusive and socialistic.


Yeah, it's not like the Bush Admin had Americans illegally spied on or anything...

Oh wait. Yes he did.

It's not like the Bush Admin tried to paint everyone against his stupid war as unpatriotic.

Oh wait. They did that too.

It's not like the Bush Admin bailed out companies that were going under. (Which is Socialism, the Goverment saving companies from going out of business)

Oh wait.....


As a frequent listener to the show I can tell you he railed against all those policies to the point the White House called him to ask which side he was on, and to apply pressure to let up...

...but continue with the uninformed almost religious zeal of hate for the guy. BTW where are all the quotes or sources to all this hate he spews? Seems to me the guy is no more divisive then any of the crew on here slamming him.

Oh and the NFL can do what it wants, but I think their reasoning is flawed and evidence of hyperbole that makes rational discussion impossible.



That quote of mine was in response to Davemandd's notion that the only way people can get ahead in life is to get out from under the thumb of Obama's "Intrusive, controlling, and socialistic" nature. I was pointing out the fact the last guy in office did exactly what he accuses Obama of. It really wasn't directly related to Piggy.

I have really hard time believing Rush ever spoke out against illegal wire taps. I doubt he ever once spoke out in favor of the anitwar crowd. That I acutally find laughable. The bailouts? Yeah probably.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby Stu » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:15 pm

exiledbuckeye wrote:I have to say that I find it pretty hilarious that the usual suspects who like to hype the "free market" think that a private organization should have to admit a member who they find to be too divisive and polarizing to further their business interests.



who are these people? i dont see anyone saying that the NFL should HAVE to admit Rush.
Stu
 
Posts: 1642
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:15 pm
Favorite Player: Eric Wedge
Least Favorite Player: Swerb

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby idoctribefan » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:19 pm

exiledbuckeye wrote:Are racist jokes okay because they're jokes?


The only one of those quotes that could be construed as racist is "the little black man-child". And that one isn't really racist, it's just that he stuck the word black in there where it probably didn't need to be. Barack Obama is black. Why can't you call black people "black"? What's hilarious is when people whisper the word "black" to describe someone. Like it's some kind of dirty word???? Black black black black black.

shame on me.
"And three of the better guys in franchise history, Daugherty, Z and now Kyrie could get hurt in a rubber room full of cotton balls." - Leadpipe
User avatar
idoctribefan
 
Posts: 1218
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:35 pm
Location: NE Ohio
Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: #6

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby Stu » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:21 pm

idoctribefan wrote:
exiledbuckeye wrote:Are racist jokes okay because they're jokes?


The only one of those quotes that could be construed as racist is "the little black man-child". And that one isn't really racist, it's just that he stuck the word black in there where it probably didn't need to be. Barack Obama is black. Why can't you call black people "black"? What's hilarious is when people whisper the word "black" to describe someone. Like it's some kind of dirty word???? Black black black black black.

shame on me.


actually, the point limbaugh was making was that because the guy was black, because the guy was a minority, he could not be held responsible for whatever it is he did.

he wasn't being racist, he was pointing out the double standard.
Stu
 
Posts: 1642
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:15 pm
Favorite Player: Eric Wedge
Least Favorite Player: Swerb

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby exiledbuckeye » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:25 pm

Stu wrote:
exiledbuckeye wrote:I have to say that I find it pretty hilarious that the usual suspects who like to hype the "free market" think that a private organization should have to admit a member who they find to be too divisive and polarizing to further their business interests.



who are these people? i dont see anyone saying that the NFL should HAVE to admit Rush.


So they don't have to - I don't get what people are bitching about then.
User avatar
exiledbuckeye
 
Posts: 1561
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:12 pm
Location: Michigan
Favorite Player: OSU
Least Favorite Player: scUM

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby exiledbuckeye » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:29 pm

idoctribefan wrote:
exiledbuckeye wrote:Are racist jokes okay because they're jokes?


The only one of those quotes that could be construed as racist is "the little black man-child". And that one isn't really racist, it's just that he stuck the word black in there where it probably didn't need to be. Barack Obama is black. Why can't you call black people "black"? What's hilarious is when people whisper the word "black" to describe someone. Like it's some kind of dirty word???? Black black black black black.

shame on me.


I was just busting on you because you replied to a bunch of the quotes I provided with something along the lines of "well, that was clearly in jest"/"that was clearly a joke" - basically implying that it doesn't matter what the substance of the quote is as long as he was joking.
User avatar
exiledbuckeye
 
Posts: 1561
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:12 pm
Location: Michigan
Favorite Player: OSU
Least Favorite Player: scUM

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby exiledbuckeye » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:32 pm

Stu wrote:
idoctribefan wrote:
exiledbuckeye wrote:Are racist jokes okay because they're jokes?


The only one of those quotes that could be construed as racist is "the little black man-child". And that one isn't really racist, it's just that he stuck the word black in there where it probably didn't need to be. Barack Obama is black. Why can't you call black people "black"? What's hilarious is when people whisper the word "black" to describe someone. Like it's some kind of dirty word???? Black black black black black.

shame on me.


actually, the point limbaugh was making was that because the guy was black, because the guy was a minority, he could not be held responsible for whatever it is he did.

he wasn't being racist, he was pointing out the double standard.


Well, the point of the link I provided and the subsequent quotes is that they are "racially charged", not racist. Reading comprehension wins again.

That is the whole point of this thread - the NFL doesn't want Limbaugh because he makes racially charged statements, is divisive and controversial. I am still not sure why this is a problem.
User avatar
exiledbuckeye
 
Posts: 1561
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:12 pm
Location: Michigan
Favorite Player: OSU
Least Favorite Player: scUM

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby idoctribefan » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:49 pm

exiledbuckeye wrote:
idoctribefan wrote:
exiledbuckeye wrote:Are racist jokes okay because they're jokes?


The only one of those quotes that could be construed as racist is "the little black man-child". And that one isn't really racist, it's just that he stuck the word black in there where it probably didn't need to be. Barack Obama is black. Why can't you call black people "black"? What's hilarious is when people whisper the word "black" to describe someone. Like it's some kind of dirty word???? Black black black black black.

shame on me.


I was just busting on you because you replied to a bunch of the quotes I provided with something along the lines of "well, that was clearly in jest"/"that was clearly a joke" - basically implying that it doesn't matter what the substance of the quote is as long as he was joking.


But I think it DOES matter. Example: Takes me about 5 minutes to get to work each day. I put on WTAM talk radio b/c I'm usually in the car right on the hour when they give the news and weather. Occasionally I'm a few mins early or late and I catch some of Glenn Beck's show. I'm not a fan of Glenn's, he is too gloomy for me, but I agree with a lot of what he says....anyways this is all besides the point. Glenn is a big free-market guy and he will often say how we shouldn't just be giving people stuff for free. Then his sidekick will bust his balls about hating poor people. Then Glenn will say, "yep I'm just a mean rich white guy that hates poor black people."

Now maybe he DOES. I dunno. But you can tell by how he says it that it is a joke. So if Olbermann was to do a piece on his show saying "GLENN BECK HATES POOR BLACK PEOPLE!", using Beck's quote from above, that is misleading his audience with a quote that was said in jest.
"And three of the better guys in franchise history, Daugherty, Z and now Kyrie could get hurt in a rubber room full of cotton balls." - Leadpipe
User avatar
idoctribefan
 
Posts: 1218
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:35 pm
Location: NE Ohio
Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: #6

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby aoxo1 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:44 pm

idoctribefan wrote:Now maybe he DOES. I dunno. But you can tell by how he says it that it is a joke. So if Olbermann was to do a piece on his show saying "GLENN BECK HATES POOR BLACK PEOPLE!", using Beck's quote from above, that is misleading his audience with a quote that was said in jest.


Meh, I'm not too sure about what Glenn Beck really thinks of black people and don't care much to find out.

I do know that he apparently thinks that Mein Kampf demonstrates that Adolph Hitler is one of the best minds he could possibly find, apparently in all of history.
I wish I were the president, just for the 747 and the cabinet I could assemble. I would have the best minds that I could find with a special eye out for those people who would vehemently disagree with each other. I'd let them argue it out and just listen. Well, I'm not the president so the jet doesn't take off when I tell it to and I can't hire great minds to argue.

So, I did the next best thing, I drove to the bookstore. Here is who I put on my "book cabinet": I got Alan Dershowitz. He's opinionated, obnoxious and at times-when he's not talking about the OJ Simpson case-he makes a good point. Let's see, let's put him in a room with... Adolf Hitler. I'd love to see those guys go at it. So next: Hitler's Mein Kampf. The something by Pope John Paul, along with Carl Sagan. I looked really hard, who else would I like to see in a room together? Hey, how about Nietzsche and Billy Graham? Yeah!

From The Real America, pp. 210-211:

edit: Honestly, really the biggest crime is that he had all of history to choose the great thinkers from, and he managed to come up with these six? Really? OK, I can see Nietzche... but really?
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
User avatar
aoxo1
 
Posts: 2934
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:23 pm
Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby jack_tors » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:51 pm

exiledbuckeye wrote:
That is the whole point of this thread - the NFL doesn't want Limbaugh because he makes racially charged statements, is divisive and controversial. I am still not sure why this is a problem.


Hmmm, I am going out on a limb here but could it be divisive and controversial are BAD for business?

:thud:
“Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand.”- Wes Westrum

"The future is like a Japanese game show, we have no idea whats going on." - Tracy Jordan

"Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot and look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
-Rufus T. Firefly
User avatar
jack_tors
 
Posts: 1608
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:26 pm
Location: Reminderville, Oh
Favorite Player: Mike Modano
Least Favorite Player: LeChoke James

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:01 pm

aoxo1 wrote:
edit: Honestly, really the biggest crime is that he had all of history to choose the great thinkers from, and he managed to come up with these six? Really? OK, I can see Nietzche... but really?


I think Sagan is a worthy cannidate, and i'd pay good money to watch him debate a Pope.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:27 pm

aoxo1 wrote:
idoctribefan wrote:Now maybe he DOES. I dunno. But you can tell by how he says it that it is a joke. So if Olbermann was to do a piece on his show saying "GLENN BECK HATES POOR BLACK PEOPLE!", using Beck's quote from above, that is misleading his audience with a quote that was said in jest.


Meh, I'm not too sure about what Glenn Beck really thinks of black people and don't care much to find out.

I do know that he apparently thinks that Mein Kampf demonstrates that Adolph Hitler is one of the best minds he could possibly find, apparently in all of history.
I wish I were the president, just for the 747 and the cabinet I could assemble. I would have the best minds that I could find with a special eye out for those people who would vehemently disagree with each other. I'd let them argue it out and just listen. Well, I'm not the president so the jet doesn't take off when I tell it to and I can't hire great minds to argue.

So, I did the next best thing, I drove to the bookstore. Here is who I put on my "book cabinet": I got Alan Dershowitz. He's opinionated, obnoxious and at times-when he's not talking about the OJ Simpson case-he makes a good point. Let's see, let's put him in a room with... Adolf Hitler. I'd love to see those guys go at it. So next: Hitler's Mein Kampf. The something by Pope John Paul, along with Carl Sagan. I looked really hard, who else would I like to see in a room together? Hey, how about Nietzsche and Billy Graham? Yeah!

From The Real America, pp. 210-211:

edit: Honestly, really the biggest crime is that he had all of history to choose the great thinkers from, and he managed to come up with these six? Really? OK, I can see Nietzche... but really?


Hitler was a brilliant individual. He just didn't know how to operate a war. His ability to mobilize people for a cause and get so much blind public support is actually very impressive. Sure, the results are really ugly, but he was very brilliant in pushing his agenda through.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
User avatar
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan
 
Posts: 14346
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 12:27 pm
Location: Cleveland
Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby Commodore Perry » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:59 pm

In general, hate is not accepted anymore. Hate is not OK. Unless you're liberal. And then its OK to hate conservatives. Especially fat, white, rich conservatives. And MILFs from Alaska.

Limbaugh's most extreme quotes have been posted in this thread. You don't have to agree with them or find them funny, but they don't come close to equaling the level of hatred the man is facing.

Liberals experience anger and anxiety, just like every human being. But the only place they're allowed to displace it is on conservative figureheads. And they're told they're doing a good thing for hating, so its OK.

There aren't a lot of people you can wish cancer on and feel good about yourself for doing so.

But Limbaugh is one of them. That is why the left gets into a vengeful froth any time he is in the news. They get to feel hate - and self-righteousness - at the same time.

This had nothing to do with Limbaugh and the NFL, it had everything to do with liberals indulging in a little HATE.
User avatar
Commodore Perry
Old School American
 
Posts: 1392
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:20 pm

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:45 pm

Commodore Perry wrote:In general, hate is not accepted anymore. Hate is not OK. Unless you're liberal. And then its OK to hate conservatives. Especially fat, white, rich conservatives. And MILFs from Alaska.

Limbaugh's most extreme quotes have been posted in this thread. You don't have to agree with them or find them funny, but they don't come close to equaling the level of hatred the man is facing.

Liberals experience anger and anxiety, just like every human being. But the only place they're allowed to displace it is on conservative figureheads. And they're told they're doing a good thing for hating, so its OK.

There aren't a lot of people you can wish cancer on and feel good about yourself for doing so.

But Limbaugh is one of them. That is why the left gets into a vengeful froth any time he is in the news. They get to feel hate - and self-righteousness - at the same time.

This had nothing to do with Limbaugh and the NFL, it had everything to do with liberals indulging in a little HATE.


Yeah, it's not like it's a two way street or anything.

It's not like Limbaugh spews hate towards Democratic figureheads. He's never done that.

It's not like Republicans have compared Obama to Hitler, Stalin, and Mao. That has never happened.

It's not like Republicans have called Pelosi, (who I can't stand), Frank, Reid, and others all kinds of horrible things. They're above that.

I get it, Rush is the victim. That makes sense. He's never said anything to justify contempt and hate from the Left.

The Right NEVER wallows in hate or says horrible things about Liberals. That's purely a Left practice.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby Commodore Perry » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:18 pm

CDT - read more closely.

I'm not saying conservatives don't hate.

I'm saying one of the few ACCEPTABLE targets of hate are conservatives - especially fat ones.

In general, liberal or conservative, if you show hatred, you are rightly criticized.

If you hate limbaugh, you get a pat on the back.

This whole NFL/Limbaugh circus was just an opportunity for a group of people to HATE and feel good about themselves for doing so.
User avatar
Commodore Perry
Old School American
 
Posts: 1392
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:20 pm

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:00 pm

I'm saying one of the few ACCEPTABLE targets of hate are conservatives - especially fat ones.


And i'm saying Conservatives find it acceptable to hate Obama and other Liberals. They get it just as bad as Rush.

If you hate limbaugh, you get a pat on the back.


By who? I've yet to get a pat on the back from anyone. Everything i've said about Rush is from me alone, not someone else. No one is feeding me lines. It's the same on the Right. Guys at Tea parties with posters of Obama with the sickle and hammer or with a Hitler mustache. No one in the Right wing media calls them out. So they get the same "pat on the back" we do.

This whole NFL/Limbaugh circus was just an opportunity for a group of people to HATE and feel good about themselves for doing so


And Conservatives do the exact same thing. Look no further than the Nobel Peace Prize. As soon as that came out, they attacked him. It was just another opportunity for the Right to hate him. Dude opens his mouth and when he's finished speaking (and sometimes during, Joe Wilson) the Right attacks him. The Left did it to Bush, now the Right is doing it to Obama. That's why I consider it a two way street.

I have no problem admitting I loathe certain people on the Right, and I don't expect or want a pat on the back. I'm not worried if anyone finds it acceptable.

I remember the Clinton years, Conservatives give as good as they get. Even today.

I'm gonna go get my drink on.

:cheers:
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby idoctribefan » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:24 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
It's not like Republicans have compared Obama to Hitler, Stalin, and Mao. That has never happened.


Why would the Obama White House mind being compared to Mao? They love Mao.



Fast forward to 0:20 if you don't want to listen to Beck.
"And three of the better guys in franchise history, Daugherty, Z and now Kyrie could get hurt in a rubber room full of cotton balls." - Leadpipe
User avatar
idoctribefan
 
Posts: 1218
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:35 pm
Location: NE Ohio
Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: #6

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby idoctribefan » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:33 pm

"And three of the better guys in franchise history, Daugherty, Z and now Kyrie could get hurt in a rubber room full of cotton balls." - Leadpipe
User avatar
idoctribefan
 
Posts: 1218
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:35 pm
Location: NE Ohio
Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: #6

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:37 pm

idoctribefan wrote:Why would the Obama White House mind being compared to Mao? They love Mao.

Fast forward to 0:20 if you don't want to listen to Beck.


You won't hear me defend that. Wrong is wrong, and that is wrong.

She should've been fired after saying that shit. Fuck Mao Tse Tung.

Scum like this finds it's way into every White House through "thank you" appointments and it's disgusting.

I need more whiskye.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby dmiles » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:37 am

I am a fat conservative, and outside of internet message boards, nobody has ever shown any hate towards me. Probably because I am jolly and good.... Of course I have a little bit of a mean streak as well, so maybe people just would rather not confront.

However thanks to the internet I know what skinny ass little bespectacled liberal steeplechase types are thinking (no offense erie warrior) about me deep down inside. So I'll be ready to jack up one of these 160 lb. punks when he attacks my over-consumption. I am too fat to run away so I have to stand and fight.
On Twitter @DaBashers
User avatar
dmiles
 
Posts: 1108
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:36 am
Location: San Diego, CA

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:08 am

dmiles wrote:

However thanks to the internet I know what skinny ass little bespectacled liberal steeplechase types are thinking (no offense erie warrior) about me deep down inside. So I'll be ready to jack up one of these 160 lb. punks when he attacks my over-consumption. I am too fat to run away so I have to stand and fight.


This is funny, but I haven't been 160 since 8th grade. It seems to me that when Democrats hate, it's on a particular person (Limbaugh, Bush). When Republicans hate, it's on a type of person (gays, muslims, immigrants). Big difference for me.

I would also offer that there are very few classic GOP conservatives left on the political stage. I think many of them have switched over to the religious zealots in Republican clothes we see today just to get elected. Yes, I'd nail Palin, but no way would I want her as next in line if McCain had a heart attack. Not because she is a republican, but because she is a moron.

Rush is an asshole because he's a bigot, not because he believes in lowering taxes and smaller government.

Edit: I'm now a Republican- http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2009/10/15/ ... ntroversy/
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Image
User avatar
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer
 
Posts: 6432
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:50 pm
Location: Hampton, VA
Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby aoxo1 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:04 pm

idoctribefan wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
It's not like Republicans have compared Obama to Hitler, Stalin, and Mao. That has never happened.


Why would the Obama White House mind being compared to Mao? They love Mao.


Gross.
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
User avatar
aoxo1
 
Posts: 2934
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:23 pm
Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby Orenthal » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:08 pm

exiledbuckeye wrote:
Orenthal wrote: BTW where are all the quotes or sources to all this hate he spews?


http://mediamatters.org/research/200910130049

Including the background on the "Barack the Magic Negro" BS.

Some of my other favorites:

"We are being told that we have to hope [Obama] succeeds, that we have to bend over, grab the ankles ... because his father was black."

Pointing out the naivete of many Obama voters. No different then what many on the left refer to voters on the right as hicks, bigots, and homophobes... To say that there is/was no pressure to vote for Obama due to his race is to lie to oneself. Was it a major factor, prolly not...

"Obama's entire economic program is reparations."

Government handouts...
Obama is "Halfrican-American."

Making fun of obvious hyphenated ethnic bullshit...
Limbaugh suggests Obama would not have acted on Somali pirates if he'd known they were "actually young, black Muslim teenagers."

Obvious again that its not politically correct to hurth, the young, the black, and Muslim... An attack on the left's grouping of special classes...
you can't criticize the little black man-child. You just can't do it, 'cause it's just not right, It's not fair. He's such a victim."

EZ! Cannot criticize a black public figure without talking heads and everyone else shouting racist. Attacks have to be "careful", wouldn't go thru the same process for 40 year old white guy...
Limbaugh responded to a Reuters report about a University of Chicago study that found that "a majority of young blacks feel alienated from today's government" by asserting, "Why would that be? The government's been taking care of them their whole lives."

A call for the black community to wake up, and see what a dependent society creates, but then again maybe its the majority of people on government assistence of that type are white...
"Look it, let me put it to you this way. The NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There I said it."


Limbaugh called illegal immigrants an "invasive species."


Agree with Herm...

Those quotes don't bother me in the least... Guess I am racist too... The irony of the "Magic Negro" is too much, even explained, it offends... I just am not offended, and don't feel guilty...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
User avatar
Orenthal
 
Posts: 4182
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: The Midd Heights
Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby Orenthal » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:12 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
Orenthal wrote:
if anything, the only way the people of this country are ever going to get ahead is if the government stops being so controlling, intrusive and socialistic.


Yeah, it's not like the Bush Admin had Americans illegally spied on or anything...

Oh wait. Yes he did.

It's not like the Bush Admin tried to paint everyone against his stupid war as unpatriotic.

Oh wait. They did that too.

It's not like the Bush Admin bailed out companies that were going under. (Which is Socialism, the Goverment saving companies from going out of business)

Oh wait.....


As a frequent listener to the show I can tell you he railed against all those policies to the point the White House called him to ask which side he was on, and to apply pressure to let up...

...but continue with the uninformed almost religious zeal of hate for the guy. BTW where are all the quotes or sources to all this hate he spews? Seems to me the guy is no more divisive then any of the crew on here slamming him.

Oh and the NFL can do what it wants, but I think their reasoning is flawed and evidence of hyperbole that makes rational discussion impossible.



That quote of mine was in response to Davemandd's notion that the only way people can get ahead in life is to get out from under the thumb of Obama's "Intrusive, controlling, and socialistic" nature. I was pointing out the fact the last guy in office did exactly what he accuses Obama of. It really wasn't directly related to Piggy.

I have really hard time believing Rush ever spoke out against illegal wire taps. I doubt he ever once spoke out in favor of the anitwar crowd. That I acutally find laughable. The bailouts? Yeah probably.


Yeah yer right CDT I skimmed that post and just basically thought Rush-lockstep with Bush. Which was far from tru...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
User avatar
Orenthal
 
Posts: 4182
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: The Midd Heights
Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby Orenthal » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:26 pm

exiledbuckeye wrote:
Stu wrote:
idoctribefan wrote:
exiledbuckeye wrote:Are racist jokes okay because they're jokes?


The only one of those quotes that could be construed as racist is "the little black man-child". And that one isn't really racist, it's just that he stuck the word black in there where it probably didn't need to be. Barack Obama is black. Why can't you call black people "black"? What's hilarious is when people whisper the word "black" to describe someone. Like it's some kind of dirty word???? Black black black black black.

shame on me.


actually, the point limbaugh was making was that because the guy was black, because the guy was a minority, he could not be held responsible for whatever it is he did.

he wasn't being racist, he was pointing out the double standard.


Well, the point of the link I provided and the subsequent quotes is that they are "racially charged", not racist. Reading comprehension wins again.

That is the whole point of this thread - the NFL doesn't want Limbaugh because he makes racially charged statements, is divisive and controversial. I am still not sure why this is a problem.


The quotes came in response to me asking for quotes that proved his hate. So racially charged = hate? I cannot keep up with indirectness of your point. This thread took an obvious turn to whether or not Limbaugh is racist, and away from the NFL being fair or not. Which IMO, as a free market guy, can do whatever the hell they want as long as it is within the US constitution? Wouldn't want them to be able to really do anything they wanted, cuz what if Limbaugh was black...

Reading comprehension? So being/saying/thinking “racially charged” is something we all should be afraid of… Better tell every black comedian and rapper right now…
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
User avatar
Orenthal
 
Posts: 4182
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: The Midd Heights
Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby Orenthal » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:40 pm

Erie Warrior wrote:
dmiles wrote:

However thanks to the internet I know what skinny ass little bespectacled liberal steeplechase types are thinking (no offense erie warrior) about me deep down inside. So I'll be ready to jack up one of these 160 lb. punks when he attacks my over-consumption. I am too fat to run away so I have to stand and fight.


This is funny, but I haven't been 160 since 8th grade. It seems to me that when Democrats hate, it's on a particular person (Limbaugh, Bush). When Republicans hate, it's on a type of person (gays, muslims, immigrants). Big difference for me.

I would also offer that there are very few classic GOP conservatives left on the political stage. I think many of them have switched over to the religious zealots in Republican clothes we see today just to get elected. Yes, I'd nail Palin, but no way would I want her as next in line if McCain had a heart attack. Not because she is a republican, but because she is a moron.

Rush is an asshole because he's a bigot, not because he believes in lowering taxes and smaller government.

Edit: I'm now a Republican- http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2009/10/15/ ... ntroversy/

I disagreed with every point here, and was thinking you truly a scumbag until I clicked that link. I now am a proud supporter of all Erie has to say, and will defend that right to the death!
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
User avatar
Orenthal
 
Posts: 4182
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: The Midd Heights
Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:29 pm

Orenthal wrote:I disagreed with every point here, and was thinking you truly a scumbag until I clicked that link. I now am a proud supporter of all Erie has to say, and will defend that right to the death!


Too broad and sweeping of a statement? Scumbag may be harsh, but now that I'm reformed, don't judge me on past offenses.

She's smokin'. I like 'em with a little something to hold on to.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Image
User avatar
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer
 
Posts: 6432
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:50 pm
Location: Hampton, VA
Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby exiledbuckeye » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:57 pm

jack_tors wrote:
exiledbuckeye wrote:
That is the whole point of this thread - the NFL doesn't want Limbaugh because he makes racially charged statements, is divisive and controversial. I am still not sure why this is a problem.


Hmmm, I am going out on a limb here but could it be divisive and controversial are BAD for business?

:thud:


That was my point. Probably didn't come across so well. People are acting like the fact that the NFL has valid concerns is some kind of tragedy.
User avatar
exiledbuckeye
 
Posts: 1561
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:12 pm
Location: Michigan
Favorite Player: OSU
Least Favorite Player: scUM

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby exiledbuckeye » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:05 am

Orenthal wrote:The quotes came in response to me asking for quotes that proved his hate. So racially charged = hate? I cannot keep up with indirectness of your point. This thread took an obvious turn to whether or not Limbaugh is racist, and away from the NFL being fair or not. Which IMO, as a free market guy, can do whatever the hell they want as long as it is within the US constitution? Wouldn't want them to be able to really do anything they wanted, cuz what if Limbaugh was black...

Reading comprehension? So being/saying/thinking “racially charged” is something we all should be afraid of… Better tell every black comedian and rapper right now…


My bad for providing quotes that were directly related to why the NFL wants nothing to do with Rush. Wasn't trying to prove that he's a racist. Could care less. I suppose I should not have hit the quote button on your post.

I'm not saying everyone has to be politically correct, but obviously you can't spout off whatever you want to say and offend a large group of the population and then expect the NFL/your employer/etc. have no problem with what you've said. I probably couldn't go around saying that all Texans are stupid hicks in a public forum and expect my employer to just laugh it off. That's my point. I know that the rest of the thread has gone elsewhere.
User avatar
exiledbuckeye
 
Posts: 1561
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:12 pm
Location: Michigan
Favorite Player: OSU
Least Favorite Player: scUM

Re: Limbaugh dropped from Rams bid and blames...

Unread postby Orenthal » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:38 pm

exiledbuckeye wrote:I'm not saying everyone has to be politically correct, but obviously you can't spout off whatever you want to say and offend a large group of the population and then expect the NFL/your employer/etc. have no problem with what you've said. I probably couldn't go around saying that all Texans are stupid hicks in a public forum and expect my employer to just laugh it off. That's my point. I know that the rest of the thread has gone elsewhere.


Agree with this, and believe it captures the situation. Just bothers me that the major quote being pushed all week in the media was false, and when those outlets had to retract, they basically said who cares...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
User avatar
Orenthal
 
Posts: 4182
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: The Midd Heights
Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Previous

Return to No Holds Barred

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest