Text Size

No Holds Barred

Raccoon attack

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Raccoon attack

Unread postby fundamentals » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:43 am

Get your shovels, guns, and grenades ready boys:

74 year old lady mauled by raccoons

http://www.rr.com/news/topic/article/rr ... rida_woman
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Re: Raccoon attack

Unread postby jack_tors » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:53 am

Animal attacks are in the news today. This lady got it from a bear.

http://cbs3.com/local/black.bear.attack.2.1228025.html
“Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand.”- Wes Westrum

"The future is like a Japanese game show, we have no idea whats going on." - Tracy Jordan

"Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot and look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
-Rufus T. Firefly
jack_tors

Favorite Player: Mike Modano
Least Favorite Player: LeChoke James

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:19 pm

I say good. I just wish these animals actually made a unified conscious decision to do this.

:pop:
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Favorite Player: Federer
Least Favorite Player: Anything Boston

Unread postby Doc » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:02 pm

That's why that old lady last week killed the deer...get them before they get you.
Doc

Favorite Player: Matthew Dellavedova
Least Favorite Player: Chris Bosh

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:35 pm

Doc wrote:That's why that old lady last week killed the deer...get them before they get you.

Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby leadpipe » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:20 pm

jack_tors wrote:Animal attacks are in the news today. This lady got it from a bear.

Why in the world would you have a pet bear that you had to distract away from you to take care of it.

I mean, it's one thing if your one of those bear wrasslin' guys who has some sort of connection with the bear. Still stupid, but a little more understandable.

Mine as well cage up Manson or Gotti in the house with ya.

90%
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby jack_tors » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:40 pm

Lead Pipe wrote:
jack_tors wrote:Animal attacks are in the news today. This lady got it from a bear.

Why in the world would you have a pet bear that you had to distract away from you to take care of it.

I mean, it's one thing if your one of those bear wrasslin' guys who has some sort of connection with the bear. Still stupid, but a little more understandable.

Mine as well cage up Manson or Gotti in the house with ya.

90%

Totally agree, plus the cage was only 15 x 15. Its not like the distraction gave you a lot of time in an area that small. As big as they are, bears are quick and I bet it tossed her around like a rag doll. I see no reason a regular citizen needs any wild animal like this.
“Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand.”- Wes Westrum

"The future is like a Japanese game show, we have no idea whats going on." - Tracy Jordan

"Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot and look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
-Rufus T. Firefly
jack_tors

Favorite Player: Mike Modano
Least Favorite Player: LeChoke James

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:42 pm

"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:34 pm

^^^

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Favorite Player: Federer
Least Favorite Player: Anything Boston

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:17 am

Another one. These are my favorite stories, climb the cage, pet the animal. Get eaten.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/americas/ ... index.html
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby dmiles » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:42 pm

I had a rental in the HEB area just west of the DFW Airport for a couple of years. We had an attic coon problem. It really bothered my son when he'd here them scurrying up there. The Prop. Management company sent a guy out once and he caged one of them and pulled out a .22 and plugged him. I thought it was freaking great. When we had another the same guy came back out and said "I can't do that to one of god's creatures so instead he just took him somewhere and set him free. Meanwhile I still have racoons.

Finally one night I get fed up and open up the garage door, put the ladder down and open up a can of tuna. I don't have any guns or whatever bb guns are called these days, and I am not sure a BB would do in a raccoon anyway. I also brought my cat into the garage with me. What I thought was interesting was the confrontation between Cat and Raccoon. Normally when a cat sees a dog of any size, even pesky little yippers, the hair raises up and they are hissing. My cat (very large semi-tom or half outdoor cat) just say there eating out of the can of tuna. The raccoon smelled the tuna and started walking down the ladder and the cat just looked at it for a sec and kept right on eating. Almost as if there were a signed security pack between cat nation and coon nation.

Anyway I am behind the ladd with a 9 iron. The further down the coon gets (going very slowly because of cat and me behind him) the more of a shot I have. I finally was able to take a whack at him and got him in the ribs, but wasn't able to hit him flush because the wood to the stairs partially blocked my contact point. That was a fun night, but I wished I'd hurt the thing a little more.
On Twitter @DaBashers
dmiles

Unread postby fundamentals » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:57 pm

dmiles wrote:Anyway I am behind the ladd with a 9 iron. The further down the coon gets (going very slowly because of cat and me behind him) the more of a shot I have. I finally was able to take a whack at him and got him in the ribs, but wasn't able to hit him flush because the wood to the stairs partially blocked my contact point. That was a fun night, but I wished I'd hurt the thing a little more.

:lmfao: PETA will be after dmiles. :dead:
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Return to No Holds Barred