Text Size

No Holds Barred

Roman Polanski.

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Roman Polanski.

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:26 pm

What do we do with this creep? Drugging a banging a 13 year old is pretty sick shit. I say give him 10 years.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE5 ... 27?sp=true
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Roman Polanski.

Unread postby TIMMAH » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:28 pm

Lock him up and throw away the key. Guys sick enough to do something like that rarely only do it once.

Trains, planes, or automobiles *cocks shotgun* ... better have my DONUTS.
TIMMAH

Favorite Player: Lebron James
Least Favorite Player: The Steelers

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:56 pm

I say we take him, and throw him in prison for the rest of his life. I would also do my damndest to put him in a cell with someone who would love to stick in his ass (forgive the vulgarity) to give him a taste of his own medicine. Non Stop. For the rest of his life. I have no remorse for child molesters. His sentence should be rougher because he lived most of his life escaping a trial.

Or they could just shoot him in the head, thats fine too.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby dem425 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:02 pm

Absolutely NOTHING can justify what he did!! (I raised three daughters and I would have had his gonads on my mantle in a jar)

That being said, I read somewhere that this young girl was a lot more like Lolita than Punky Brewster....

He admitted to it, but fled before sentencing could be passed (which according to this article, was only going to be time already served; something like 42 days). The sentence was a joke probably to keep the girl from having to testify. Which means either it would have traumatized her more or the lawyers felt she would have not been credible on the stand. It was also reported that she received a large settlement.

The ridiculous extradition proceedings and the fact that some countries would not the honor the US requests allowed him time to continue to make millions with his movies.

I would put him in jail just for being a French citizen, but I would really like him to forfeit all the profits he received from all the movies he made while being on the run. That money could be used to fund charities that help women in crisis. It would be nice if the US would refuse to ever show any of his movies but you know that wont happen.

But throwing that old frog in the can would not benefit the United States nor the 40-something victim...............
dem425

Favorite Player: Dick Marcinko
Least Favorite Player: All Politicians

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:01 pm

This is why I hate Hollywood.

Whether it's giving Woody Allen standing ovations or claiming they picked up Roman unfairly...there just aren't too many out there I'd like to NOT punch in the face.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:07 pm

Lead Pipe wrote:This is why I hate Hollywood.

Whether it's giving Woody Allen standing ovations or claiming they picked up Roman unfairly...there just aren't too many out there I'd like to NOT punch in the face.

That's what kills me, dude admited to giving a 13 year old quaaludes and booze then had sex with her and these Hollywood guys are signing a pettition to have him set free.

I wonder if it was one of their daughters, would they sign that thing? Scorsese signed it and that pisses me off cause I really like him.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:41 am

Explain to me again why Woody Allen isn't in prison?
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Unread postby waborat » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:12 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:

I wonder if it was one of their daughters, would they sign that thing?

Hell no, that's sick!!!

John Phillips (aka Big Papa)
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Unread postby boilerdaveb » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:25 am

dem425 wrote:Absolutely NOTHING can justify what he did!! (I raised three daughters and I would have had his gonads on my mantle in a jar)

That being said, I read somewhere that this young girl was a lot more like Lolita than Punky Brewster....

He admitted to it, but fled before sentencing could be passed (which according to this article, was only going to be time already served; something like 42 days). The sentence was a joke probably to keep the girl from having to testify. Which means either it would have traumatized her more or the lawyers felt she would have not been credible on the stand. It was also reported that she received a large settlement.

The ridiculous extradition proceedings and the fact that some countries would not the honor the US requests allowed him time to continue to make millions with his movies.

I would put him in jail just for being a French citizen, but I would really like him to forfeit all the profits he received from all the movies he made while being on the run. That money could be used to fund charities that help women in crisis. It would be nice if the US would refuse to ever show any of his movies but you know that wont happen.

But throwing that old frog in the can would not benefit the United States nor the 40-something victim...............

http://www.bild.de/BILD/news/bild-engli ... -legs.html

Read her transcript and tell me if there is really a time frame on a crime like this. And to somehow claim that her being more like Lolita than Punky Brewster somehow makes it not as bad for a MAN to do this to a child, is just idiotic. At least that is what I am infering by your statement. No child is mature enough to understand any of this. No matter how "Lolita" she may be. It sure didn't seem like she wanted any of this to happen, and just because she didn't fight him off (and knowing how trusting children are of adults is this really surprising), doesn't mean he didn't rape rape her (Whoopi). This guy is disgusting. There is no defending him no matter how much time has lapsed, and no matter what the victim may say. He was elite, and has been pampered as much.
boilerdaveb

Favorite Player: Melvin Levett
Least Favorite Player: The Big Ticket

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:03 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Scorsese signed it and that pisses me off cause I really like him.

Wes Anderson too. :thumbdown:

I would actually be surprised if this was the only time Polanski forced himself on an underaged girl. That tends to be a habit more than a one-time thing.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby leadpipe » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:15 pm

Imagine if he could make movies and run a football.

It'd be all hand jobs and money.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby dem425 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:59 am

boilerdaveb:

Apparently you read something I did not infer. My comment about "Lolita" and "Punky Brewster" was to indicate that she was in a situation that no "normal" thirteen-year old should have been in. Adult party at Jack Nicholson's, jacuzzis, champagne, references to Vogue magazines et al. Where was the parental guidance in this situation? Did someone think it would be "in" and "hip" for her to be at that party?

In NO FRIGGIN' way does that excuse or condone anything that piece of shit did.

But it is indicative of parents (or guardians) who would allow her to even be in that situation. In truth, she was victimized twice. Once by being allowed to even be there and secondly by what Polanski did to her.

My anger is directed to:
1) The legal process which allowed him (back then)to escape final justice
and
2) how hard did our gov't try to pursue him at that time.

If bringing him back and throwing him in the hole is going help her gain closure, then I'm all for it.

And FINALLY, I have NEVER paid to see a Polanski film at a theatre and I will not consciously watch anything he directed if shown on TV.
All because of the heinous crime he committed. Can you say the same thing?

Easy on the indignation................If I didn't have thick skin, I would have been insulted by your inference.
dem425

Favorite Player: Dick Marcinko
Least Favorite Player: All Politicians

Unread postby davemanddd » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:30 pm

i think they should put him in the same room as charles manson. wouldn't that be a hoot???
dave . . .
davemanddd

Favorite Player: joe thomas
Least Favorite Player: lebron james

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:11 pm

I think we should force them all to watch other people get lap dances while pounding unsweetened Mountain Due w/ a track of cuss words playing in the background.

How's that for hellish dave?
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Ziner » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:16 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:I think we should force them all to watch other people get lap dances while pounding unsweetened Mountain Due w/ a track of cuss words playing in the background.

Wow, you just pulled a lot from the memory bank on that one. Nice work :lmfao:
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:21 pm

My memory is second to none thank you.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:24 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:I think we should force them all to watch other people get lap dances while pounding unsweetened Mountain Due w/ a track of cuss words playing in the background.

lol.

I bet when you were a kid, you excelled at burning ants with a magnifying and flipping turtles on their backs.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby tecs » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:59 am

Now that the board's cadre of internet tough guys have decided upon what tortures Polanski should be subject to upon his return to LA, perhaps it's time to hear what the victim, Samantha Geimer, has to say:

"We pressed charges, and he pleaded guilty. A plea bargain was agreed to by his lawyer, my lawyer and the district attorney, and it was approved by the judge. But to our amazement, at the last minute the judge went back on his word and refused to honor the deal.
Worried that he was going to have to spend 50 years in prison -- rather than just time already served -- Mr. Polanski fled the country. He's never been back, and I haven't seen him or spoken to him since.
Looking back, there can be no question that he did something awful. It was a terrible thing to do to a young girl. But it was also 25 years ago -- 26 years next month. And, honestly, the publicity surrounding it was so traumatic that what he did to me seemed to pale in comparison.
And should he come back? I have to imagine he would rather not be a fugitive and be able to travel freely. Personally, I would like to see that happen. He never should have been put in the position that led him to flee. He should have received a sentence of time served 25 years ago, just as we all agreed. At that time, my lawyer, Lawrence Silver, wrote to the judge that the plea agreement should be accepted and that that guilty plea would be sufficient contrition to satisfy us. I have not changed my mind.
I know there is a price to pay for running. But who wouldn't think about running when facing a 50-year sentence from a judge who was clearly more interested in his own reputation than a fair judgment or even the well-being of the victim?
If he could resolve his problems, I'd be happy. I hope that would mean I'd never have to talk about this again. Sometimes I feel like we both got a life sentence.
My attitude surprises many people. That's because they didn't go through it all; they don't know everything that I know. People don't understand that the judge went back on his word. They don't know how unfairly we were all treated by the press. Talk about feeling violated! The media made that year a living hell, and I've been trying to put it behind me ever since."
tecs

Favorite Player: Josh Tomlin
Least Favorite Player: Brandon Phillips

Return to No Holds Barred