Text Size

No Holds Barred

More Taser Controversy.

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Re: More Taser Controversy.

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:00 pm

I just want to clairfy, when I said I've had a few laughs at cops' expense. It was never anything serious, most of the time it's those things you see on TV where they forget to put the cruiser in park and they end up chasing it in reverse as the dash cam rolls. I've seen a couple of them slip on ice and fall on their asses, even they were laughing about it.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby dem425 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:32 pm

[quote][/quote]Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
One guy tried to blow up a checkpoint and his suicide vest went off prematurely and my bro and his buddy are standing over the splattered remains with a cardboard sign saying "Iraqi Organ Donor".

CDT: ..........and if that picture got out to the wrong people, there would be a hue and cry about it. But, I get it.........some don't.
dem425

Favorite Player: Dick Marcinko
Least Favorite Player: All Politicians

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:07 pm

dem425 wrote:CDT: ..........and if that picture got out to the wrong people, there would be a hue and cry about it. But, I get it.........some don't.

Fuck 'em. Dude was trying to kill American Soldiers, he got what he deserved. Like my bro said "if we couldn't find humor in that morbid shit, we'd probably go crazy from stress". Those same people who would cry about it, probably have no idea what it's like to face suicide bombers.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby jfiling » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:07 am

dem425 wrote:CDT: ..........and if that picture got out to the wrong people, there would be a hue and cry about it. But, I get it.........some don't.

By the way, I wasn't trying to raise any sort of fuss about that story. I just threw it out there for debate, and I agree that it's just poor judgment that most likely says nothing about this young man as a police officer.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Unread postby dem425 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:50 am

Jfiling:

I know you just wanted to spark debate. And you are adept at baiting me. In fact, I would say that you are so good at it, that might make you a mast...>X>X>X>, nevermind.......

FWIW, I don't think a guy pissing his pant is gallows humor. Read CDT's post above for a little taste of gallows humor.
dem425

Favorite Player: Dick Marcinko
Least Favorite Player: All Politicians

Unread postby jb » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:34 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:http://www.bostonherald.com/news/national/west/view.bg?articleid=1198885

Haven't had one of these in awhile. Cops tased an umarmed wheelchair bound man with no legs.

Opinions?

"Who cares. Look what we did to Max Cleeland."
- GOP
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby jb » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:37 am

Pup wrote:
RC wrote:Normally I usually side with the cops but this one seems pretty bad. I'm guessing this guy should have a case against the cops. A problem I have though is with this story because the author doesn't give all the facts and it seems pretty slanted toward the man in the wheelchair.

For example, one thing that wasn't listed though is whether Mr. Williams had any prior arrests or if the police has had to come back to this guy's place multiple times before for stuff. For all we know the cops could have been to this guys place giving him multiple warnings about domestic violence, etc.

But once again a newspaper can't seem to get a story with all the facts and this is why the media sucks. I honestly don't know whether I should be outraged or not without all the facts.

My biggest question is why is child protective services storming into this guys house to take his 2 year old? I would have threw a fit too if some asshole social worker tried to storm into my house and grab my kid.

1. Because they were there on a domestic violence call. Pretty much fair game to get the 2 year old out of the mix when you are there because of a report of hitting one's wife.

Damn - how slow is the wife to get beat on by Ironside. She ever hear of a bike lock?
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby aoxo1 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:49 am

I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:13 am

Wow. Dude had his hands on the cop car and still got zapped. I'm no expert, but isn't that assault? I don't get what went through that cop's head, he had to know his own dash cam is rolling.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:06 am

Well, he's fired. Should go to jail... or at least get tased in the nuts
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Previous

Return to No Holds Barred