Text Size

No Holds Barred

heading To Savannah, Ga

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

heading To Savannah, Ga

Unread postby jack_tors » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:49 am

Hey Everyone,
I am heading to Savannah, Ga next week as part of my honeymoon (spenting time at the Biltmore first) and am looking for any suggestions on things to visit while there. I have some material from AAA but am always interested in what the well travelled folks of the TCF Board have to say.

I know we are having dinner at 700 Drayton one night and visiting the Olde Pink House for lunch but am looking for any other suggestions. Any info would be appreciated and thanks for your time. :salute:
“Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand.”- Wes Westrum

"The future is like a Japanese game show, we have no idea whats going on." - Tracy Jordan

"Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot and look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
-Rufus T. Firefly
User avatar
jack_tors
 
Posts: 1608
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:26 pm
Location: Reminderville, Oh
Favorite Player: Mike Modano
Least Favorite Player: LeChoke James

Re: heading To Savannah, Ga

Unread postby swerb » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:54 am

IIRC, JB took his girlfriend there last year on a little vaca.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
User avatar
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch
 
Posts: 17919
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Twinsburg, OH
Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: heading To Savannah, Ga

Unread postby jfiling » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:57 am

If I was in Savannah I'd love to meet Lady Chablis from Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil.
jfiling
Old School Writer
 
Posts: 3874
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:14 pm
Location: Akron, Ohio
Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Re: heading To Savannah, Ga

Unread postby Ziner » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:26 am

My advice? Go back in March when they are having their St. Patricks day party. That place was insane when I was there for that. The only thing I can think to compare it to is Mardi Gras. Place was nuts. Unfortunately I was in an alcoholic stupor the entire time I was in the town, so I only remember it being very pretty, historic and a place I would like to go back to.

Have fun! Congrats on marriage!

:cheers:
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
User avatar
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy
 
Posts: 7063
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:04 pm
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Re: heading To Savannah, Ga

Unread postby FlaMike » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:00 pm

Two suggestions - find your way to the Pirate House restaurant for a grog (low country boil there is good too) - http://www.thepirateshouse.com/.

You might also just want to stroll up and down River Street and do your own pub crawl. Did that a couple of years ago with my wife - we were there about 2 weeks before St. Patrick's Day, I'm not sure I would have survived St. Paddy's, barely survived our own pub crawl.
FlaMike
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:40 pm
Favorite Player: Rick Manning
Least Favorite Player: Hawk Harrelson

Re: heading To Savannah, Ga

Unread postby jack_tors » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:13 pm

jfiling wrote:If I was in Savannah I'd love to meet Lady Chablis from Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil.

Actually, our hotel is right across the street from where they filmed a lot of this movie.

http://www.mansiononforsythpark.com/


Ziner wrote:My advice? Go back in March when they are having their St. Patricks day party. That place was insane when I was there for that. The only thing I can think to compare it to is Mardi Gras. Place was nuts. Unfortunately I was in an alcoholic stupor the entire time I was in the town, so I only remember it being very pretty, historic and a place I would like to go back to.

Have fun! Congrats on marriage!

:cheers:


Thanks Z, I appreciate it. I am pumped about the whole thing and just hope it goes off without any hitches. I hear nothing but good about Savannah and cant wait to check it out. Its cool we are staying in the heart of the city.


FlaMike wrote:Two suggestions - find your way to the Pirate House restaurant for a grog (low country boil there is good too) - http://www.thepirateshouse.com/.

You might also just want to stroll up and down River Street and do your own pub crawl. Did that a couple of years ago with my wife - we were there about 2 weeks before St. Patrick's Day, I'm not sure I would have survived St. Paddy's, barely survived our own pub crawl.

Thanks for the information, Mike. I will be sure to check out both places. Our hotel is only a mile and half away from the Pirate House so I am going for dine there for sure.
I know we are spending some time on Tybee Island as well. Plus, I am hitting up the 8th Air Force Museum since the little lady is humoring the history buff in me.
“Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand.”- Wes Westrum

"The future is like a Japanese game show, we have no idea whats going on." - Tracy Jordan

"Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot and look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
-Rufus T. Firefly
User avatar
jack_tors
 
Posts: 1608
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:26 pm
Location: Reminderville, Oh
Favorite Player: Mike Modano
Least Favorite Player: LeChoke James


Return to No Holds Barred

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests